• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-3 Scores 18/19 Season

Started by cannon, December 10, 2018, 08:09:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBadger30

Quote from: cannon on January 06, 2019, 09:43:29 pm
I dunno that it's fair to say they struggled in 5A anymore than they will in 4A . . . They won the 5A East District tournament last year and had numerous district wins, particularly during the Gorton/Horne era, prior to that. On the other hand, they never made any noise at the state level, but then they never did in a 4A classification, either. Heck, the school hasn't been competitive at the state level since the 50's.

I expect Westside to walk away with this one with precious little effort. I just can't imagine it being close. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised, but I don't have high expectations.

Anyone know if Felkins will be back for this one?

J12

Livewire

Looking forward to this game! Expect a full house at the Warrior Dome. If VV plays Westside as good as they played Blytheville, it will be close. However ,  I think Westside will take it by 15-20.
Felkins status could make a big difference.

Livewire

Blytheville @ Brookland
Look for Gross to take ALL the air out of the ball to try and control tempo. Blytheville, in a close one, will come out on top.

Livewire

Quote from: J12 on January 04, 2019, 09:43:16 pm
Westside -70
Highland -55

Final
I didn't make this game, but was told it stayed close the 1st half..
Saw where sophomore Adonis Thomas had a high scoring game. Looks like Westside has another 3 pt marksman! Would like to see coach Whitmire give more playing time to his bench. Seems to be a lot of talent there.

J12

Felkins was out and they double teamed Felts when he crossed halfcourt. They played up tight on Mac. Left shooters open. Thomas did have a good game.

Problem with bench play isn't scoring most of the time, it's defense. A lot of open shots around the hoop for Highland Friday.

Westside has good talent that can come off the bench and you'll see Whitmire go deep some nights and others he plays the starting 5 for 32 minutes.

Hard to question him tho, I know he has a feel for his team and what they need night in and night out.

Livewire

Didn't intend to be questioning his coaching. (His record speaks for him.) I just enjoy watching some of the players that sit at the far end of the bench get some playing time when the outcome of the game is decided, and not just the last 1-2 minutes where you try to get everyone in the game.

Livewire

Where are the Southside posters?
They host Batesville tonight in a cross town matchup. When was the last time these teams met on the hardwood? Beginning of a new rivalry?
SS should take this one by a comfortable margin.

NEA Razorback olfan

Valley View at Westside Game will be on
Radio 101.3 KBTM 7:00 pm
According to Jonesboro Sun

J12

Quote from: Livewire on January 07, 2019, 03:49:46 pm
Where are the Southside posters?
They host Batesville tonight in a cross town matchup. When was the last time these teams met on the hardwood? Beginning of a new rivalry?
SS should take this one by a comfortable margin.

Their supporters on here bounced about the same time as their starters did this summer.

J12

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 07, 2019, 04:00:18 pm
Valley View at Westside Game will be on
Radio 101.3 KBTM 7:00 pm
According to Jonesboro Sun

Also on Facebook live. Will be streamed by Soncom Media. Should start live around 7:00.

cannon

Livewire

5:40 in 2nd Warriors take the lead on Kelkins 3 pointer! 21-20

Livewire

Livewire

VV 49- WHS 43 2:20 in  third

cannon

VV 55
WS 51
End of 3rd

And now for the fourth quarter, where Valley View gets smoked . . .

Livewire

Roof about to come off the Warrior Dome!!

cannon

Quote from: Livewire on January 07, 2019, 08:31:37 pm
Roof about to come off the Warrior Dome!!

Gotta be honest:  didn't see a tie score with 1:26 to play coming.

Livewire

cannon

Turned out to be a better game.

J12

Good game by both teams. Valley View can shoot and as usual play very hard.

Worst I've seen Westside shoot FTs in a long time. Left about 10-15 points at the line.

Not sure when's the last time Westside lost at home. Almost happened tonight.

I think Felts finished with 43.

Missco

Blytheville beat Brookland tonight by 4 or 5.

501 to 870

Quote from: J12 on January 07, 2019, 08:57:08 pm

Worst I've seen Westside shoot FTs in a long time. Left about 10-15 points at the line.

It happens in basketball games! Missed free throws! I'm sure VV can say stuff they didn't do well!

J12

Quote from: 501 to 870 on January 07, 2019, 10:53:37 pm
It happens in basketball games! Missed free throws! I'm sure VV can say stuff they didn't do well!

For sure. Like score more points than Westside.

Chill. Both teams played hard. Fun game.

MDXPHD

Southside boys edged Batesville by 3 tonight.

cannon

Quote from: J12 on January 07, 2019, 08:57:08 pm

It was a great game, which I did NOT expect, even going into the last quarter.  I've watched Westside enough to know that Felts has a tendency to amp up his game 4th quarter, particularly when they're behind or the game is close, and he did exactly that last night.  But to their credit, Valley View kept it interesting, and I left feeling like I had just witnessed the clash of the titans. 

My only complaint was that the refs refused to let 'em play.  Between the teams, there were at least 3 fouled out and another 4 in deep foul trouble, and from the stands, it felt like the players on both sides were running a pretty clean game.  For what looked like a clean game, there were a LOT of whistles. 

The_Pioneer

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 07, 2019, 11:28:35 pm
Southside boys edged Batesville by 3 tonight.

Well gosh, Southside is world champions of the world.  Did they cut the nets down after the game?

J12

Quote from: cannon on January 08, 2019, 11:41:40 am
It was a great game, which I did NOT expect, even going into the last quarter.  I've watched Westside enough to know that Felts has a tendency to amp up his game 4th quarter, particularly when they're behind or the game is close, and he did exactly that last night.  But to their credit, Valley View kept it interesting, and I left feeling like I had just witnessed the clash of the titans. 

My only complaint was that the refs refused to let 'em play.  Between the teams, there were at least 3 fouled out and another 4 in deep foul trouble, and from the stands, it felt like the players on both sides were running a pretty clean game.  For what looked like a clean game, there were a LOT of whistles.

Spot on. The encore at VV will have a lot to live up to.

J12

Quote from: Missco on January 07, 2019, 09:08:11 pm
Blytheville beat Brookland tonight by 4 or 5.

Kind of went under the radar, but BIG win for Blytheville.

Puts them back in the middle of the race for Conference.

Livewire

Quote from: J12 on January 08, 2019, 01:24:01 pm
Kind of went under the radar, but BIG win for Blytheville.

Puts them back in the middle of the race for Conference.
It looks like they have Southside this Friday.
Brookland has Batesville and should win easily.
How will Blytheville match up with SS.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Livewire on January 08, 2019, 03:45:33 pm

Brookland is gonna be in for a fight against Batesville!

J12

Quote from: Livewire on January 08, 2019, 03:45:33 pm

SS will get steam rolled by Blytheville. Not enough size and length to matchup with the Chicks.

NEA Razorback olfan

Girls
Blytheville 9
Brookland 30
H

MDXPHD

Batesville girls 73-43 over Southside.

boss85

Pocahontas girls beat Highland tonight by about 10.

NEA Razorback olfan

Girls
Blytheville 25
Brookland 56
F

501 to 870

January 08, 2019, 10:28:10 pm #136 Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 10:30:13 pm by 501 to 870
Highland Girls 44 Pocahontas 55   F 

87DAWG

Quote from: 501 to 870 on January 08, 2019, 10:28:10 pm
Highland Girls 44 Pocahontas 55   F
Yes Highland laid an egg!! Outplayed. #00 had 2 fouls 2 minutes in and never found her rhythm when she returned.  Taking nothing away from Pokey girls they won it.

87DAWG

January 11, 2019, 12:20:33 am #138 Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:24:21 am by 87DAWG

Highland will host the 4A East Regional Feb 20th thru the 23rd!!!

87DAWG

Highland girls 44   Valley View girls 27   F

Big game Monday @Brookland. Lady Rebels not playing their best last 2 games will need to find a way Monday!

Highland boys 37   Valley View boys 53  F

Most of the VV starts were out early....

Highand has lost 60% of their starting line up since the season started.

MDXPHD

Quote from: 87DAWG on January 11, 2019, 12:20:33 am

Highland will host the 4A East Regional Feb 20th thru the 23rd!!!

That's great!

Livewire

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 08, 2019, 05:48:04 pm
Brookland is gonna be in for a fight against Batesville!
If this game is at Brookland; Can't see Brookland having much trouble winning this one.

Livewire

Max preps shows Brookland @ Batesville . I'll stay with my prediction that Brookland wins easily. Batesville has lost twice to Valley View, lost big to Westside and Blytheville and even lost to Southside. Brookland has beaten VV twice, beaten SS and played Blytheville close and lost to Westside in a good game. Batesville's wins come against sub-par opponents. Brookland by 15.

Livewire

Max preps shows Brookland @ Batesville . I'll stay with my prediction that Brookland wins easily. Batesville has lost twice to Valley View, lost big to Westside and Blytheville and even lost to Southside. Brookland has beaten VV twice, beaten SS and played Blytheville close and lost to Westside in a good game. Batesville's wins come against sub-par opponents. Brookland by 15.

NEA Razorback olfan

MDXPHD ,
Is the Brookland vs Batesville games going to be on radio tonight?
If so which one?

MDXPHD

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 11, 2019, 01:46:53 pm
MDXPHD ,
Is the Brookland vs Batesville games going to be on radio tonight?
If so which one?

They are typically on 93.1 KZLE. If you go to https://93kzle.com the top right has a listen now link.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 11, 2019, 02:49:02 pm
They are typically on 93.1 KZLE. If you go to https://93kzle.com the top right has a listen now link.

Thank you

NEA Razorback olfan

Girls
Brookland 20
Batesville 17
After 1 qt

NEA Razorback olfan

Girls
Brookland 27
Batesville 35
H

J12

Pocahontas -25
Westside -41

Halftime.

Felts with 27. Up 2 on Pocahontas at the half.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas