• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Season

Started by godgiven999, December 09, 2018, 04:27:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

godgiven999

Curious what each team has returning
Gurdon is returning alot of players on both sides of the ball, 11 sophomores held a starting position. Gurdon will have good skilled position players but is losing alot of beef up front.

Hornetsfan02

Hazen has both backs, toll, and our 2 leading recievers. Graduate o line and d line but there are a lot of big strong boys that are ready to step up and play high quality football

thabeast428

Hazen would be hard to stop if they change their offense up. Good backs and qb. Jc is losing some line and Gibson and a couple receivers but should still be good as well next year

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Hornetsfan02 on December 09, 2018, 04:36:57 pm
Hazen has both backs, toll, and our 2 leading recievers. Graduate o line and d line but there are a lot of big strong boys that are ready to step up and play high quality football
We only lose 2 off of D line don't we and I thought we had 1 or 2 back on O line?

i40traveler

Quote from: thabeast428 on December 09, 2018, 04:40:40 pm
Hazen would be hard to stop if they change their offense up. Good backs and qb. /quote]

They scored 626 in 14 games and were the state runner ups, why would they need to change their offense?

Dragon I

Look at the number of times JC made it to the semi's and came short when matched up against even competition from 2001-2011.  Look at what they have done with the same athletes since they opened the offense up and made it more difficult to defend.  Hazen had the athletes to do it with.  Can you imagine their QB not having to run into 9 and 10 man boxes?

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Dragon I on December 10, 2018, 11:25:13 am
Look at the number of times JC made it to the semi's and came short when matched up against even competition from 2001-2011.  Look at what they have done with the same athletes since they opened the offense up and made it more difficult to defend.  Hazen had the athletes to do it with.  Can you imagine their QB not having to run into 9 and 10 man boxes?

Excellent point so +1. 

thabeast428

They need to change it up some to be more versatile in situations like Friday night is what I'm getting at bc they definitely have the athletes to have more play options on offense

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: i40traveler on December 10, 2018, 10:43:59 am
Quote from: thabeast428 on December 09, 2018, 04:40:40 pm
Hazen would be hard to stop if they change their offense up. Good backs and qb. /quote]

They scored 626 in 14 games and were the state runner ups, why would they need to change their offense?

Probably scored 300 of those on Marvell, Marianna, Carlisle and Clarendon.

HorseFeathers

Look at what Mccrory did by opening up the pass game against Rison in the finals a few years back...won the 6's lone claim to a state title in my lifetime(I might be exaggerating a little bit there LoL)

Hasbeen92

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 10, 2018, 08:40:21 pm
Look at what Mccrory did by opening up the pass game against Rison in the finals a few years back...won the 6's lone claim to a state title in my lifetime(I might be exaggerating a little bit there LoL)
McCord ran the ball over 80% of the game Barton won many state titles from 6 running the ball which 2A champs threw it Shiloh is only one that comes to mind with a college coach

Dragon I

Harding Academy.  But I haven't seen anyone say you have to.  Sometimes you have enough talent to line up and whip the other team.  But if you don't you need to have a way to keep a team from putting 9 in the box.  Nothing crazy.  Hazen tried to stay in man and stack the line.  JC passed for 156.  Not crazy numbers, just enough to win.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on December 10, 2018, 10:42:54 pm

McCord ran the ball over 80% of the game Barton won many state titles from 6 running the ball which 2A champs threw it Shiloh is only one that comes to mind with a college coach

But Rison had to honor the pass that night, once the jags showed they could throw it(they completed 7 of 15 passes for 153 yards, vs 26 run attempts by Rogo and Campbell)

Barton hasn't won a title in 23 years...

Hasbeen92

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 11, 2018, 05:35:37 am
But Rison had to honor the pass that night, once the jags showed they could throw it(they completed 7 of 15 passes for 153 yards, vs 26 run attempts by Rogo and Campbell)

Barton hasn't won a title in 23 years...
Barton hasn't been in 2A in about that and I watched Rison Mccory game seem like they ran it more than 26 and I agree you need a threat of passing game

cuz

December 11, 2018, 08:09:14 am #14 Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 08:10:58 am by cuz
Quote from: Hasbeen92 on December 11, 2018, 06:23:51 am
Barton hasn't been in 2A in about that and I watched Rison Mccory game seem like they ran it more than 26 and I agree you need a threat of passing game
They haven't won I don't think Frank Mcclellan stepped down...

Frank McClellan became the head football coach at Barton High School (Phillips County, Arkansas) in 1970, and as the old saying goes, the rest is history. McClellan won more football games than any other Arkansas football coach to date. At one time, his teams had 111 consecutive regular season wins.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on December 11, 2018, 06:23:51 am

They haven't been 2a since 2006, but it was 96 or so since they're last title.

That 26 was just what I could confirm from an old article ... If you remember right, Rison's inability to pass hurt them a lot during that game...

AverageJo24

Look for McCrory to be much improved from this year. Strong Freshman class moving up.

couch-coach06

Foreman returns 4 of 5 o lineman and will have some good skill guys I look for them too finish top 3 in the 7 with gurdon and mineral ... In there as well ... The 7 will be down a notch from the past 3 seasons..

THA TRUTH

They seemed to be down this year....

Hasbeen92

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 11, 2018, 08:27:06 am

That 26 was just what I could confirm from an old article ... If you remember right, Rison's inability to pass hurt them a lot during that game...
McCrory I thought was more talented team that year Hazen played both in quarters and semi-finals year before Rison has never passed and they have always been pretty successful I thought what hurt them that year was their inability to stop McCrory s offense

Hasbeen92

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 11, 2018, 08:27:06 am

97 Jonathan Bradley beat Shiloh

Hornetsfan02

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on December 09, 2018, 06:03:40 pm
We only lose 2 off of D line don't we and I thought we had 1 or 2 back on O line?
O line was all seniors. We get 2 out here of 4 back on d line. A lot of size will be coming to the lines this year. Hopefully that helps us cause we averaged 225 pounds this season

stuck in between

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 11, 2018, 06:16:54 pm
They seemed to be down this year....

They put two teams in the semis. There is not another conference that did that. Also if you take away the first touchdown that Hazen was given by the officials which was clearly a fumble I believe Foreman played JC a closer game than Hazen did. I know they had more yardage.

Dragon I

Hazen was clearly the second best team.  Foreman was not even close to them.  It's all about what draw you get.  JC, Hazen and a long way after that, Hampton.   Hampton just completely lacked discipline.

Mactown on Top

McCrory will be much improved look for them to make a run in the playoffs.

dragondad

Quote from: Dragon I on December 13, 2018, 08:01:30 am
Hazen was clearly the second best team.  Foreman was not even close to them.  It's all about what draw you get.  JC, Hazen and a long way after that, Hampton.   Hampton just completely lacked discipline.

I'm no so sure about that.  Foreman earned every TD on the board,  Hazen was given one and a huge break on another play that I believe eventually resulted in another.  I think Foreman couldve won against Hazen,  wouldve been somewhat close, but very possible.

Wantobe

Quote from: dragondad on December 13, 2018, 09:04:55 am
I'm no so sure about that.  Foreman earned every TD on the board,  Hazen was given one and a huge break on another play that I believe eventually resulted in another.  I think Foreman couldve won against Hazen,  wouldve been somewhat close, but very possible.
I saw the games similar to you. Junction City definitely controlled the game against Foreman, but the Gators went toe to toe all 4 quarters. No disrespect at all to Hazen, I think they were an extremely good team and deserved to be in the Championship game. I personally would have liked to see the Gators play Hazen at some point this year. It would have the making of great game.

dragondad

Exactly,  Hazen earned their trip to Little Rock,  I just think Hazen and Foreman wouldve been a closer matchup, than either was against JC

Dragon I

Batey was heckuva talent, but I don't think he could have thrown against Hazen and he would have had to for the Gators to win.  Had JC not had early TO's against Foreman, that lead would have been more substantial at half.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas