• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA lost. So what happens now?

Started by PA Dad, December 02, 2018, 09:02:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

PA had a heck of a run.  Five years with no loss to an Arkansas team.  And I think they had only three losses in five years to out of state teams.

But LRCA beat them.  The streak is over.  But is the dynasty dead?

Red Devil said after the championship game last year that it seemed like the end of PA's run.  I agreed.  I was really surprised that PA performed as well as it did this year.

But P.A. was a fairly young team this year.  I don't know how many returning starters they have next year but it's quite a few.

PA was whipped by a better team today.  Many folks were glad to see that happen and I understand why.  I'd like to see Alabama lose because they've been too dominant for too long.

But I wouldn't give PA the last rites just yet.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on December 02, 2018, 09:02:55 pm
PA had a heck of a run.  Five years with no loss to an Arkansas team.  And I think they had only three losses in five years to out of state teams.

Red Devil said after the championship game last year that it seemed like the end of PA's run.  I agreed.  I was really surprised that PA performed as well as it did this year.

But P.A. was a fairly young team this year.  I don't know how many returning starters they have next year but it's quite a few.

PA was whipped by a better team today.  Many folks were glad to see that happen and I understand why.  I'd like to see Alabama lose because they've been too dominant for too long.

The law of averages dictates that PA would eventually lose. The end? Not at all. I say Harrison, PA, Morrilton and Texarkana are the early favorites for 2019.

On another note It was nice to meet everyone tonight. PA has some welcoming, classy backers. Nice guys every one of them. I was a little disappointed that Maynard sent some flunkie to hand out signed 8 x 10's but oh well.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on December 02, 2018, 09:10:40 pm
The law of averages dictates that PA would eventually lose. The end? Not at all. I say Harrison, PA, Morrilton and Texarkana are the early favorites for 2019.

On another note It was nice to meet everyone tonight. PA has some welcoming, classy backers. Nice guys every one of them. I was a little disappointed that Maynard sent some flunkie to hand out signed 8 x 10's but oh well.

And I can attest that JessieP is not a bot.  I had lunch with him today and he is an entertaining and interesting guy.  And if anyone wants to call him out from behind his keyboard, my advice is don't.  He is a BIG guy.

Chin Music

Question for PA fans......Who replaces John David White?  I never thought I would see another kid like Will Hastings but JD did and maybe then some.

I think most know but JD transferred to PA from LRCA after his freshman year when Justice Hill and a couple of other good players stopped playing football.  I would have liked to see JD play with Justice.

PA Dad

Quote from: Chin Music on December 02, 2018, 09:20:52 pm
Question for PA fans......Who replaces John David White?  I never thought I would see another kid like Will Hastings but JD did and maybe then some.

I think most know but JD transferred to PA from LRCA after his freshman year when Justice Hill and a couple of other good players stopped playing football.  I would have liked to see JD play with Justice.

I don't know who replaces JD.  Those are big shoes to fill.  But wide receiver is one position PA has historically replaced with relative ease.  We'll see who steps up.

Yellowcake

JessieP

Quote from: Yellowcake on December 02, 2018, 09:44:47 pm
Sorry I missed you Jessie!!!

Likewise, the PA crew put out an APB on Yellowcake but I guess you didn't see the flares.

Yellowcake

Was on the sidelines.
Next time my friend. Next time.

Grond

Pulaski Academy, whether you like them or not, forced Arkansas high school football teams to get better.

I certainly expect to see PA get more titles in the future. But I also hope other high school programs continue to develop, to provide competition for PA.

This current era of football seems too focused on talent, rather than team (which I believe is one of the reasons for PA's success). Pulaski Academy has forced the rest of us to engage our brains.  :o

Yellowcake

Quote from: Grond on December 02, 2018, 10:39:35 pm
Pulaski Academy, whether you like them or not, forced Arkansas high school football teams to get better.

I certainly expect to see PA get more titles in the future. But I also hope other high school programs continue to develop, to provide competition for PA.

This current era of football seems too focused on talent, rather than team (which I believe is one of the reasons for PA's success). Pulaski Academy has forced the rest of us to engage our brains.  :o

That's a nice thing to say.
And I think it's spot on.

JacketFan

Quote from: Grond on December 02, 2018, 10:39:35 pm

There has not been a truer or wiser statement spoken on FF, spot on my friend, Analytics is a viable game plan if executed properly, so teams have to adjust accordingly, thus making them smarter for it.  Team unity, discipline, and never give up attitude will always produce winners.  Go Jackets

High Voltage

You are gonna lose soem games, Kelly will build back unless he takes another job.

walkingguy72396

I'm just wondering when the running up the score comments are coming.

PA Dad

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on December 03, 2018, 02:20:19 pm

It was the officials' fault!

Hoghead2

So what becomes of the public schools ? They all seem dormant and short of talent. Out of the 32 teams in 5A football only a handful are decent.

MDXPHD

I say just open it all up to a 25 mile radius for every school. It wouldn't help Batesville as much as others, but let's just make it a solid rule across the boards!

And private schools - if over 15 percent of your players receive financial aid, you're bumped up to 6A min. 25 percent would be 7A.

Why did I choose those numbers? No reason. Just because I wanted to.

The Future

I don't think scoring with 5 mins left in the game and going up 21 against an explosive team like PA would be considered running up the score.
I call it playing to win instead of just playing not to lose.

You're up 14. If you don't score, even though your defense has played well, it's also gave up big plays and scores. What if PA scores to make it a 7 point game. And then even though you've recovered all the onside kicks so far, the next one isn't guaranteed. What if PA recovers it and need only a score and two points to take the lead.
PA doesn't need a lot of time to score. I remember they scored in 8 seconds against Greenwood back in the title game. We scored to take the lead and kick off back to them with only 12 seconds left. And I can tell you we were almost as nervous as we would have been had there been 2 mins left and we played like it. Because had we simply let up and played to keep the lead for 12 more seconds, PA coulda done some Kelley magic and ended up scoring. Stuff like that can happen.

Great teams find a way to win. Against great teams, you have to always play like you're down 7. Never let up and never give them a chance to comeback. By the looks of it, LRC did just that with that final score. Even a field goal woulda helped seal the game away.

walkingguy72396

The Future

incogneto

Quote from: Hoghead2 on December 09, 2018, 02:43:18 am
So what becomes of the public schools ? They all seem dormant and short of talent. Out of the 32 teams in 5A football only a handful are decent.
Out of the teams I saw this season vs LRCA that had enough talent to get it done were in no order: White Hall, Watson Chapel, Parkview, Morrilton and Texarkana.  I hope this doesn't sound condescending because it is not meant to be.  I was impressed with the athletes on these teams.  I saw McLellan and Blytheville on albeit not in person and they are talented enough to win it all as well. 

My point is talent isn't the only issue. 

Red Devil Alum

Robinson changed jerseys at half of the championship game and still lost. This is making me question everything I ever thought as to why PA beat Wynne a few years back. Now I don't know what to think.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 10, 2018, 10:34:53 am
Robinson changed jerseys at half of the championship game and still lost. This is making me question everything I ever thought as to why PA beat Wynne a few years back. Now I don't know what to think.

But they were still coached by Eskola after half.

AirWarren

I am still baffled by that game. The jersey thing is so bush league to me.

HeberFan

Maybe they changed into Razorback jerseys? That usually means a loss.

HeberFan

Quote from: AirWarren on December 10, 2018, 11:43:31 am
I am still baffled by that game. The jersey thing is so bush league to me.

If you're gonna change jerseys, might as well wear a Ray Lewis #52 !!!!

JessieP

Steph Curry doesn't believe PA lost. (A bonus "Look at the big brain on..." to whoever gets this)

Pr8hd

Whoever said this, certainly has not watched PA closely. I'd put as many on them as possible until the final horn sounded. Ask Harrison what happened towards the end of the first half when they are up 9  with a few minutes to go till halftime only to not get the ball back on offense with seconds left in the half after PA had landed 3 straight TD's with a couple of onside KO recoveries in between. Way too dangerous of a team to ever let up....That ball is shaped pretty funny, while LRCA did excellent on KO hands team recoveries it's just one funny bounce/bad hop away from changing momentum in a hurry. 

walkingguy72396

Yes another-one.  Still not as many as I hoped for.

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on December 10, 2018, 07:19:53 pm
Steph Curry doesn't believe PA lost. (A bonus "Look at the big brain on..." to whoever gets this)

somebody had to help Neil Armstrong down the ladder  :D

HeberFan

Quote from: Overdahill on December 11, 2018, 09:22:39 am
somebody had to help Neil Armstrong down the ladder  :D

That was all done in a Hollywood studio, anyway. Giveaway was seeing a dinosaur in the background.

The Future

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on December 10, 2018, 09:53:05 pm
Yes another-one.  Still not as many as I hoped for.

Well do you care to add anything to the topic?
Or are you content with just counting posts?

HeberFan

Quote from: The Future on December 11, 2018, 09:40:00 am
Well do you care to add anything to the topic?
Or are you content with just counting posts?

I'll add something to the post "PA Lost. What Happens Now?"

PA goes back to work. Same as every year.

walkingguy72396

No don't care too.  I do not think the score was ran up .    My post was in jest.  Surprised.  It got any feed back.

Lumberjackfan1978

PA just reloads and bounces back next year

Red Devil Alum

PA has a lot of offers out to some 4 stars, hopefully the class fills in nicely.  :P

HeberFan

Yellowcake

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 11, 2018, 01:12:44 pm
PA has a lot of offers out to some 4 stars, hopefully the class fills in nicely.  :P

Haha!!

Liberty Valance is announcing tomorrow! Hope we steal him from IMG!

incogneto

Quote from: Yellowcake on December 11, 2018, 10:21:44 pm
Haha!!

Liberty Valance is announcing tomorrow! Hope we steal him from IMG!
I have nothing but respect for PA.  They will be good next year.  But so will LRCA.  Looking forward to another season. 

HeberFan

Quote from: incogneto on December 11, 2018, 10:56:41 pm
I have nothing but respect for PA.  They will be good next year.  But so will LRCA.  Looking forward to another season.

Razorbacks have a chance of being better than PA or LRC next year. Maybe.....

Hornet4ever

Very impressive run by PA... The state game was excellent!

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 09, 2018, 08:27:00 am
I say just open it all up to a 25 mile radius for every school. It wouldn't help Batesville as much as others, but let's just make it a solid rule across the boards!

And private schools - if over 15 percent of your players receive financial aid, you're bumped up to 6A min. 25 percent would be 7A.

Why did I choose those numbers? No reason. Just because I wanted to.

This is a very intriguing idea.
Don't some states have private school only leagues? Or how do they do it? They have more schools, no doubt.

Lions84

boogercat

Quote from: PA Dad on December 02, 2018, 09:02:55 pm

What happens next is they cry over it in off season.

PA Dad

Quote from: boogercat on December 26, 2018, 05:33:54 pm

What happens next is they cry over it in off season.

Astute observation.  I've done nothing but cry since the championship game.

boogercat

Quote from: PA Dad on December 27, 2018, 08:44:45 pm
Astute observation.  I've done nothing but cry since the championship game.

I'm sorry. 2019 is a new year. Maybe this will be the year. How many seniors did they lose ?

MDXPHD

Quote from: boogercat on January 02, 2019, 03:11:13 pm

I'm sorry. 2019 is a new year. Maybe this will be the year. How many seniors did they lose ?

The real question is how many players they gained..

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 02, 2019, 07:29:58 pm
The real question is how many players they gained..

We had a great recruiting class.  A great number of five stars.  Much better than Alabama.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on January 02, 2019, 08:34:50 pm
We had a great recruiting class.  A great number of five stars.  Much better than Alabama.

Sounds like it's going to be a down year.

JacketFan

Nice to see you 5A guys are still alive after the holidays, hope all is well with everyone. 

PA Dad

Quote from: JacketFan on January 02, 2019, 10:05:21 pm
Nice to see you 5A guys are still alive after the holidays, hope all is well with everyone.

All is not well.  MDX  continues to bedevil me.  And booglercat hurts my feelings.  What happened to civility?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas