• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA has bit the Dust

Started by brown2010, December 02, 2018, 05:09:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brown2010

Great job LRC. Glad to see someone give them the L

dhen

Old Scrapper

RJ said it's the first loss since 2013 to a team from Arkansas. Heck of a run tho

Lanny

Old Scrapper

PressBox-81

I think #56 on defense and their punter was a co-mvp that young man was all over the field.

Red Devil Alum

While this is LRCA's time, I wonder if this is the end of the PA dynasty? I don't believe the Kelley leaving rumors but it did feel like the end of an era.

JacketFan

Quote from: WC-soccer dad on December 02, 2018, 06:21:44 pm
I think #56 on defense and their punter was a co-mvp that young man was all over the field.
I think 56 was there punter wasn't he, and he also got a pick 6 on defense, his dad played for the hogs I believe

Rolling

Chin Music

Quote from: JacketFan on December 02, 2018, 06:54:23 pm
I think 56 was there punter wasn't he, and he also got a pick 6 on defense, his dad played for the hogs I believe

#56 is Jack Mabry son of Razorback All American OL Jim Mabry.  Great for the kid to have a signature play in that game

PressBox-81

Typo. I meant that #56 was awesome on defense and as the punter he pinned them many times deep inside the 20.

JessieP

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 02, 2018, 06:44:16 pm
While this is LRCA's time, I wonder if this is the end of the PA dynasty? I don't believe the Kelley leaving rumors but it did feel like the end of an era.

Sitting on the PA side this game had a strange feel to it. Everyone was scratching their heads, it confused everyone. What was the deal with PA becoming a running team? I never thought I'd say this but PA got out coached. It wasn't a PA game, very strange.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: JessieP on December 02, 2018, 09:05:26 pm
Sitting on the PA side this game had a strange feel to it. Everyone was scratching their heads, it confused everyone. What was the deal with PA becoming a running team? I never thought I'd say this but PA got out coached. It wasn't a PA game, very strange.
Would have preferred them to throw 10 interceptions? LRCA forced them to run the ball by locking down the secondary. How do you loosen a tight secondary? YOU RUN THE BALL. It is not about what PA did wrong. It is about what LRCA did right.

MDXPHD

December 02, 2018, 09:17:26 pm #13 Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 09:28:14 pm by MDXPHD
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 02, 2018, 09:09:18 pm
Would have preferred them to throw 10 interceptions? LRCA forced them to run the ball by locking down the secondary. How do you loosen a tight secondary? YOU RUN THE BALL. It is not about what PA did wrong. It is about what LRCA did right.

PA ran the first three plays. Give me a break - KK called a different game than usual and it wasn't because of LRCA locking down wide receivers at first. Heck, most of the ints were well into the second half. PAs plan worked well in the first half and didn't in the second. That's how it goes sometimes.

game on

Seems a weekend for some upsets.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 02, 2018, 09:17:26 pm
PA ran the first three plays. Give me a break - KK called a different game than usual and it wasn't because of LRCA locking down wide receivers at first. Heck, most of the ints were well into the second half. PAs plan worked well in the first half and didn't in the second. That's how it goes sometimes.

I was sitting with MDX at the game.  We both commented after the first drive which ended in a P.A. score that the play calling was different from what we usually see from P.A.  It just seemed much more conservative than usual.  And I don't think it was because of coverage.  There were no deep routes on that possession to my memory.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: PA Dad on December 02, 2018, 09:33:21 pm
I was sitting with MDX at the game.  We both commented after the first drive which ended in a P.A. score that the play calling was different from what we usually see from P.A.  It just seemed much more conservative than usual.  And I don't think it was because of coverage.  There were no deep routes on that possession to my memory.
I dont remember a ball that went more than 25 yards in the air downfield. Usually there's at least 10 of those.

Yellowcake

Not sure Bratcher was 100% after the hit out of bounds.

Film said they were vulnerable to the run. There was a plan.

Give the credit where it was due. Their D played great. They had lots of weapons on offense too.

PA Dad

Quote from: PA Dad on December 02, 2018, 09:33:21 pm

I'm not criticizing Kelley.  He doesn't need me to say that he's a great coach and play caller- his record says that.  I'm sure he had a good reason for his strategy.  I'm just observing that it was different from what we usually see.

JessieP

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 02, 2018, 09:09:18 pm

Locking them down? Hardly. PA never thru the ball deep, they live to throw the ball deep. East Salt Lake had lockdown db's, Pac-12 type DB's and in a losing effort PA passed and passed and passed. This was a different looking PA tonight, I give Hill all the credit in the world but this was not a typical PA game plan and that was evident from the first drive. PA had them down 14-0 early in the game, behind a solid passing game, and then they took their foot off the gas. LRC is the State champion, they earned it but on one thinks this was a typical PA offense.

Eddie Goodson

I guess I watched a different ball game sitting up there in that press box. They had players 25 yards down field several times and couldn't throw it to them because they were covered. Can none of you folks admit that the LRCA defense might have had some say in what PA was able to do?

JacketFan

Quote from: Yellowcake on December 02, 2018, 09:43:32 pm
Not sure Bratcher was 100% after the hit out of bounds.

Film said they were vulnerable to the run. There was a plan.

Give the credit where it was due. Their D played great. They had lots of weapons on offense too.
My thoughts exactly, that kid got rocked, my first thought was that he was definitely knocked out, and would be out on concussion protocol.  Tough kid, he is a gamer that is for sure, he will be even tougher next year.

JacketFan

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 02, 2018, 09:58:00 pm
I guess I watched a different ball game sitting up there in that press box. They had players 25 yards down field several times and couldn't throw it to them because they were covered. Can none of you folks admit that the LRCA defense might have had some say in what PA was able to do?
I agree with you totally, I have been saying that exact thing, the secondary locked them down the entire game.

JessieP

Does Hill play defense? I mean when PA played them earlier I get that LRC's offense was stymied but it didn't affect the defense. PA threw deep that game and had success. Granted LRC made changes but that doesn't explain PA totally abandoning the deep pass. Rather than question why we can't give LRC credit (everyone has) why can't you see that PA had a different game plan. A game plan that fell flat.

PA Dad

The LRCA defense played a fantastic game.  I give them all the credit in the world.  My point is not that the play calling cost us the game, but that it was different from usual.

John David White had one on one coverage many plays.  I'd take my chances throwing it to him in those circumstances.  But that's probably why I'm not a coach and Kelley is one of the best.

game on

It's called an upset.  There were two of those this weekend.  LRC over PA, Bryant over NLR.  Every so often it happens that the underdog shows up, plays a great game and for whatever reason the favorite team doesn't.  It may be something in the air, it may be fate, it may be the super effort given by the underdog, it may be all of those things. What is for sure is the best team maybe didn't win but the best team that night or day certainly did.

PA Dad

Quote from: game on on December 02, 2018, 10:13:31 pm
It's called an upset.  There were two of those this weekend.  LRC over PA, Bryant over NLR.  Every so often it happens that the underdog shows up, plays a great game and for whatever reason the favorite team doesn't.  It may be something in the air, it may be fate, it may be the super effort given by the underdog, it may be all of those things. What is for sure is the best team maybe didn't win but the best team that night or day certainly did.

I agree with most of that but I'd say the best team won today.  LRCA was just better than PA today.

Chin Music

Quote from: JessieP on December 02, 2018, 10:06:04 pm
Does Hill play defense? I mean when PA played them earlier I get that LRC's offense was stymied but it didn't affect the defense. PA threw deep that game and had success. Granted LRC made changes but that doesn't explain PA totally abandoning the deep pass. Rather than question why we can't give LRC credit (everyone has) why can't you see that PA had a different game plan. A game plan that fell flat.

Actually Hill did play some defense tonight.  LRCA had a special package in certain situations for extra cover guys.  Some of those plays Bratcher just sat back there with ball with what seemed like forever was when LRCA played with extra Dbacks.

But I do get your question.  In the first game LRCA had numerous 3 and outs in the 2nd half.  Hill kept the sticks moving on offense which kept the defense off the field.  PA still dominated time of possession but the LRCA offense did help the LRCA D in this game.

game on

Quote from: PA Dad on December 02, 2018, 10:15:43 pm
I agree with most of that but I'd say the best team won today.  LRCA was just better than PA today.

Kindly reread my statement, you will find that's exactly what I said.

PA Dad

Quote from: Chin Music on December 02, 2018, 10:20:34 pm

Actually Hill did play some defense tonight.  LRCA had a special package in certain situations for extra cover guys.  Some of those plays Bratcher just sat back there with ball with what seemed like forever was when LRCA played with extra Dbacks.

But I do get your question.  In the first game LRCA had numerous 3 and outs in the 2nd half.  Hill kept the sticks moving on offense which kept the defense off the field.  PA still dominated time of possession but the LRCA offense did help the LRCA D in this game.

I agree.  An offense that moves the chains always helps the defense.

But the big difference today was Hill on offense and the defense forcing turnovers.  Five or six turnovers is a big difference maker.

PA Dad

Quote from: game on on December 02, 2018, 10:24:15 pm
Kindly reread my statement, you will find that's exactly what I said.

You're right.  I just misread what you said.  My apology.

game on

Accepted but not necessary.  Sometimes I'm a bit wordy.

POWERCAT PRIDE

Looked like a good defensive game plan to me. LRC put 3 men on the line and one LB. Those were not there to rush the passer.  They didn't seem to be trying to sack him. Looked like they were just keeping the QB from running the QB draw and and getting to the edge.  That left 7 to cover 5 receivers and Henry was double covered most of the time. It worked.

Rocket23

Quote from: game on on December 02, 2018, 10:13:31 pm

I wouldn't call Bryant over NLR an upset.  Bryant had a 21 point lead earlier in the season and gave it away.

Rocket23

Also LRCA defense had linebacker Cory Platt back for this game.  He broke his finger near end of first quarter earlier this season.  He clogged up the middle today where PA hurt LRCA badly in the second half in the first game. 

game on

Quote from: Rocket23 on December 02, 2018, 10:46:45 pm
I wouldn't call Bryant over NLR an upset.  Bryant had a 21 point lead earlier in the season and gave it away.

Thats your opinion but the general consensus was NLR would win, they were the favored team.  So that makes it an upset.  As for the first game, you have the score correct. At the end of the 1st qtr it was Bryant 21-0 over NLR.  There were a few miscues and such but that's all part of the game.  From that point on NLR outscored Bryant 34-7 and pretty much shut down their offense.  That's not really giving it away, that's getting outplayed for 3 qtrs and the last time I checked all 4 count towards the outcome.

game on

They say it's always hard to beat a good team twice in a year. This weekend showed some truth in that statement.  Even Alabama was given a good scare Saturday.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas