• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A State Championship Robinson vs Arkadelphia(Poll)

Started by Brian G, December 01, 2018, 09:19:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think?

I think ARK wins and I want ARK to win
49 (40.5%)
I think ARK wins but I want Robinson to win
21 (17.4%)
I think Robinson wins and Robinson win
37 (30.6%)
I think Robinson wins but want ARK
14 (11.6%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Voting closed: December 08, 2018, 09:39:16 am

Brian G

Discuss

KASH dba The Lumberjack

RyanLR

We get to have a rematch! As far as my knowledge, this is the first time Robinson has been to the Finals since winning the AAA Championship in 1980. It's a big deal for us. Obviously Arkadelphia is the defending State Champion. Joe T was the only team to defeat the Badgers last season 21-17. Amazing that they started 0-5 and now have reeled off 9 wins in a row. Robinson beat the Badgers 42-14 during their 0-5 start. This is going to be an amazing game.

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 01, 2018, 09:23:41 pm
Go Badgers!!!

Early models show a 50% chance of rain for Saturday night.

Highs in the 40s. Lows in 30s.

RyanLR

Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2018, 09:29:32 pm
Early models show a 50% chance of rain for Saturday night.

Highs in the 40s. Lows in 30s.
Here we go again

AirWarren

JoeWho

bigchief72455

North Arkansas looking at freezing rain sleet and snow.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

This game is presented by the letter R:
Robinson
Rematch
aRkadelphia
Rain

AirWarren

Quote from: bigchief72455 on December 01, 2018, 09:44:06 pm
North Arkansas looking at freezing rain sleet and snow.

One coach and team will have the AAA on speed dial.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2018, 09:47:34 pm
One coach and team will have the AAA on speed dial.
Sure he has all them on his Christmas list too! They gave him one heck of a present by postponing due to dampness

RyanLR

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 01, 2018, 09:50:47 pm
Sure he has all them on his Christmas list too! They gave him one heck of a present by postponing due to dampness
It wasn't just dampness bro. It was legit thunderstorms. It's not like they postponed ALL the semifinals due to Todd Eskola whining even if you think that's what happened.

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 01, 2018, 09:50:47 pm

Hot Gahbage....

RyanLR

Mekel Kentle is something else. That kid can do it all. Rushing, receiving, punt returns, kick returns, playing defense.

AirWarren

Quote from: RyanLR on December 01, 2018, 10:12:44 pm
Mekel Kentle is something else. That kid can do it all. Rushing, receiving, punt returns, kick returns, playing defense.

He is a good player. Big pick up out of Pine Bluff.

Sports Guru

Trojanbird

Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2018, 10:15:58 pm
What is that supposed to mean?  Did Bo miss out on him?

$aintMaximu$

We need to get the charter flights going again. What are the "deal" is I'm sure I can double it. 

TROJANS18

Arkansas Activities Association please make the Arkadelphia vs Robinson game a primetime game....night game. This has all the credentials for a primetime game. Arkadelphia....nine straight wins. Robinson....last team to beat Arkadelphia. It's going to be a classic. Since my family is from Arkadelphia I'm pulling for the Badgers. 54-47 Badgers

richboy

soccerman

Quote from: TROJANS18 on December 02, 2018, 05:29:22 am
Arkansas Activities Association please make the Arkadelphia vs Robinson game a primetime game....night game. This has all the credentials for a primetime game. Arkadelphia....nine straight wins. Robinson....last team to beat Arkadelphia. It's going to be a classic. Since my family is from Arkadelphia I'm pulling for the Badgers. 54-47 Badgers
Don't think it will be that high scoring, two really good defenses.

#1thetruth

KASH dba The Lumberjack

The AAA is in contact with Eskola as we speak, checking the humidity and making sure the barometric pressure won't cause an over abundance of dew. It has to be dry and calm for ol' Todd's play calling.

SUGARTOWN

This game is at 6:30. It's been scheduled at this time since September.

RyanLR

Quote from: #1thetruth on December 02, 2018, 07:43:00 am
What is there to discuss?????
I like how we match up with them. I can't imagine this game going the same way as that 42-14 game though. This is uncharted territory for the Senators, and Arkadelphia has been there, done that. 7-4A smashmouth football. 

Sports Guru

Robinson takes this one as 2018 state Champs.

Robinson by 10

SCRAPYARD

Good luck to both teams. 7-4a is the best conference in the state!

Oldbadger

I said 8 games ago, this isn't the same Badger team who lost 5 opening season games. Now, 9 wins later its a new season. Badgers take this one because they are better. They have something to prove. Their attitude alone will win this game. Go Badgers!

gerber707

Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2018, 10:15:58 pm
Sounds like the senators are becoming Shiloh east.

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: gerber707 on December 02, 2018, 10:52:49 am
At least Robinson keeps it in-state. So far.

gerber707

RyanLR

Here's JR Eldridge's thoughts about the first game, and how they felt like they matched up: https://youtu.be/A9whUopOZak?t=80

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: gerber707 on December 02, 2018, 12:03:03 pm
True, but for how long?
If they lose to Arkadelphia Saturday they will broaden their scouting.

RyanLR

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on December 02, 2018, 12:20:11 pm
If they lose to Arkadelphia Saturday they will broaden their scouting.
Yeah and if Robinson wins they won't get any props, they illegally recruit, people will say they did less with more athletes, that our coaches suck, that we can't play in the rain, that they're soft, that they had an easy run in the playoffs, they didn't have to play Warren, etc etc. Seems like they'll have to win 10 titles before anyone will respect them around here.

OrangeCrush.

Robinson will never win 10 titles with that coaching staff.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: RyanLR on December 02, 2018, 12:40:41 pm
Yeah and if Robinson wins they won't get any props, they illegally recruit, people will say they did less with more athletes, that our coaches suck, that we can't play in the rain, that they're soft, that they had an easy run in the playoffs, they didn't have to play Warren, etc etc. Seems like they'll have to win 10 titles before anyone will respect them around here.
Welcome to the Big Boy table. This kind of talk is said about each two teams that make it to this game every year. This is lightweight compared to how everyone jumped on Pea Ridge a few years back. And btw, y'all didn't have to play Warren.

Badgerball

What week did Treylon go down and what time in that game?

Crispyfried

Quote from: Badgerball on December 02, 2018, 01:22:19 pm
What week did Treylon go down and what time in that game?

It was week 6 against Dumas. Can't remember if it was late in the 3rd or early in the 4th.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 02, 2018, 01:18:20 pm
And btw, y'all didn't have to play Warren.

That's a good thing, they would've mercy ruled you just like Arkadelphia did.

Longsnapper81

What exactly does that mean?  Clarify and expand on that if you would please...

Quote from: gerber707 on December 02, 2018, 10:52:49 am

gerber707

Quote from: Longsnapper81 on December 02, 2018, 01:59:07 pm
What exactly does that mean?  Clarify and expand on that if you would please...
If you don't know Shilohs history then you are probably to young and wouldn't understand.

justafan33

December 02, 2018, 04:11:10 pm #41 Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 07:46:26 pm by justafan33
Arky wins back to back 4A title. They are rolling.  If there is a Chance of rain, RyanLR will pick Arky himself over Robinson. 

gerber707

Quote from: justafan33 on December 02, 2018, 04:11:10 pm
Arky wins back to back 4A title. They are rolling.  Chance of rain, RyanLR will pick Arky himself over Robinson.
You forgot something, ........

Longsnapper81

Quote from: gerber707 on December 02, 2018, 02:26:39 pm
If you don't know Shilohs history then you are probably to young and wouldn't understand.

Well Sparky, I'm 51 and haven't paid much attention to 4A football until my nephew moved up into high school and now plays at that level.  So I apologize for being or sounding a little naive about things, but it doesn't make a lot of sense that a player would go from a public school to a public school.  Public to private I get.  There wasn't much of that going on in the 80's

AirWarren

Quote from: Longsnapper81 on December 02, 2018, 07:24:36 pm
Well Sparky, I'm 51 and haven't paid much attention to 4A football until my nephew moved up into high school and now plays at that level.  So I apologize for being or sounding a little naive about things, but it doesn't make a lot of sense that a player would go from a public school to a public school.  Public to private I get.  There wasn't much of that going on in the 80's

Do a little research on the LR school district, PCSSD, and NLR school district.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 02, 2018, 01:41:14 pm

That's a good thing, they would've mercy ruled you just like Arkadelphia did.
Says the supporter of the team that's only beaten Warren once in like 15 or more years

gerber707

Quote from: Longsnapper81 on December 02, 2018, 07:24:36 pm
Well it's pretty obvious you are naive. It happens quite often. Kids in a metropolitan area and can drive a few miles to another school. Well you know the rest. Smh

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 02, 2018, 07:42:27 pm
Says the supporter of the team that's only beaten Warren once in like 15 or more years

And that has nothing to do with my statement...which btw, I see you didn't dispute.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 03, 2018, 06:05:15 am
And that has nothing to do with my statement...which btw, I see you didn't dispute.
Facts are facts. You made a statement about Warren being mercy ruled, I made the statement Warren owns the Ricebirds. Just conversation.
Hope everyone is ok at the ricemill btw.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 03, 2018, 08:36:40 am
Facts are facts. You made a statement about Warren being mercy ruled, I made the statement Warren owns the Ricebirds. Just conversation.
Hope everyone is ok at the ricemill btw.

Yes, but once again, your statement had nothing to do with the thread conversation, mine did.

And there aren't any rice mills where I live. Try to keep up.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas