• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEMIFINALS - Bentonville West @ North Little Rock

Started by Sports Guru, November 17, 2018, 01:16:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sports Guru

November 17, 2018, 01:16:26 pm Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 06:58:41 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
This should be a pretty good game. I just saw this on the bracket. Who wins this one?

Sports Guru

North Little Rock most likely wins State if they get by West.

I didn't expect Fayetteville to lose to Bryant either so let's see what happens.

Baitshop

WestTiger

NLR has look good all season, I am hoping for a West win but I think NLR will pull out the victory.  However, I will be rooting for West all night!!

HonestAbe20

NLR will win the whole thing. The only question is will they do it in dominating fashion, or make the fans sweat.

Baseballer

NLR has been the Favorite all year and until someone knocks them off they are the best team in the state. I believe This is going to be an interesting matchup, NLR will run the ball and have 250+ on the ground. It's a given. West D will need 5 stops, and play FAST on offense. JJ, WJ, RS will need huge games!! NLR will try to set the tone in the first 3 possession. If west can get a stop or turnover games going to the wire!

NLR- +6

NWANWA22

West Defense needs to have another big game. BW has 2 stud LB in JH and CM. They had 3 until no more KY.  They both need another double digit tackle game. WJ JJ RS need to show out as well and West has a fighting chance in this one. West by 2.

game on

NLR had a close game last week after having the week off.  For teams in the playoff that is a sign that they may be able to beat the Wildcats.   For NLR that is the shot in the arm that propels them to the championship.  They now have something to go out and prove, that they are the best in the state.  When you give a team like NLR a cause, they can be very scary.  NLR by 21.

Spider2 Y Banana

Quote from: NWANWA22 on November 18, 2018, 09:17:46 am
West Defense needs to have another big game. BW has 2 stud LB in JH and CM. They had 3 until no more KY.  They both need another double digit tackle game. WJ JJ RS need to show out as well and West has a fighting chance in this one. West by 2.

What happened to KY?

NLR is relentless in how they run the ball.  A wet field probably benefits the Wildcats more.

HeberFan

Charging Wildcats get taken to the vet this week !

businesstron

It should be a fun game but I'll go NLR at the end of the day.  West might be able to jump out to an early lead if they attack  NLR through the air though. 

game on

You can't count the Wildcats out even when someone gets a lead. NLR has come from behind several times throughout the year and once they get rolling they are very hard to stop.  NLR comes out ready to play the rest of the way and they will win. 

Stealthfan

Don't underestimate BW's QB making up for lost time from injury.  They "Will" be determined.

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

NLR by 10. More if the West players are as mentally weak as their whining for penalties against Conway might portray. Coach Mitchell is the better coach, and NLR has the same level of athletes if not better. Home field advantage helps, and so will the multiplicity of their offense. I do not believe Centerton has seen a good wing-t/option team, as well as a power I team.

Wal-Mart executives might be taking vacations down south to find some better coaches.

game on

Baseballer

Quote from: GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over on November 21, 2018, 06:34:54 pm
NLR by 10. More if the West players are as mentally weak as their whining for penalties against Conway might portray. Coach Mitchell is the better coach, and NLR has the same level of athletes if not better. Home field advantage helps, and so will the multiplicity of their offense. I do not believe Centerton has seen a good wing-t/option team, as well as a power I team.

Wal-Mart executives might be taking vacations down south to find some better coaches.
[/quote

Still sticking with my NLR +6, and agree with home field.... NLR runs the football 90% of the time. BW is going to have to man up, that's it! It's kinda the same as Conways offense. And what was the finial of that game? BENTONVILLE WEST is going to be fine! It is what most people expected in the final anyway ( expect  Bentonville EAST). You're someone from Bentonville EAST that is especially upset because this year you are at home instead of playing this week. I will be rooting for the 7A WEST, GO Wolverines !!! They are the best team in the west! Yes they lost against BE ( bentonville east) but so what! Football is broke up into 3 seasons, before conf., conf, and post season, BW and BE had the same record 0-3, BE won conf. (congrats) West 2nd, post season, BE 0-1, BW 1-0.

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

I am from neither, and find Bentonville as whiny as Centerton.

Brian G

Baseballer

mack

mack

mack

mack

PA Dad

game on

NLR 48 - Bentonville West 17.  BW could not stop the Wildcat running game and the NLR defense was on its game all night.

Spider2 Y Banana

Quote from: PA Dad on November 23, 2018, 10:08:44 pm
The West dominance is over.  Rest In Peace.

West was never dominant.  Credit that they established themselves in a watered down 7A West since the split, but really, outside of basically owning Fayetteville the last 2 years, they've crumbled in big games.

0-3 lifetime against Bentonville with the conference title on the line in each of the last two seasons. 

Now 1-2 in playoff games and physically dominated in both the losses.   

Finesse and go routes only get you so far.  They should have figured that out vs. Bentonville.

PA Dad

Quote from: Spider2 Y Banana on November 24, 2018, 07:26:50 am
West was never dominant.  Credit that they established themselves in a watered down 7A West since the split, but really, outside of basically owning Fayetteville the last 2 years, they've crumbled in big games.

0-3 lifetime against Bentonville with the conference title on the line in each of the last two seasons. 

Finesse and go routes only get you so far.  They should have figured that out vs. Bentonville.

I wasn't very clear with my post.  I meant the West conference, not BW.

Brian G

Baitshop

November 24, 2018, 11:13:43 am #28 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 11:21:41 am by Baitshop
Again, Bentonville folks thinking that it's all about them...smh

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

"The age of the West is over, the time of Coach Mitchell has come."

game on

The time of coach Mitchell better come next Saturday.  Don't get ahead of your ski's just yet.  I'm sure Bryant will try to put up a great fight.  NLR has to play its best game of the year and emphasize that they have earned the title. Go Wildcats!

DerekOxford

Quote from: Spider2 Y Banana on November 24, 2018, 07:26:50 am

They beat FHS by 3 this year with FHS playing their backup QB in his first career start in a driving rain the whole night. Wouldn't call that owning. If FHS has Bowers, they win by three touchdowns.

HeberFan

Quote from: DerekOxford on November 25, 2018, 11:51:47 pm
They beat FHS by 3 this year with FHS playing their backup QB in his first career start in a driving rain the whole night. Wouldn't call that owning. If FHS has Bowers, they win by three touchdowns.

Not.

Spider2 Y Banana

Quote from: DerekOxford on November 25, 2018, 11:51:47 pm

West was also playing with a sophomore backup QB in this year's win, and it was raining on both teams.   FHS had Bowers healthy last year and lost that game too.  Regardless, "owning" is probably harsh.  FHS has finished 3rd in the conference each of the last two years, behind Bentonville and West.

Better?

NWANWA22

DerekOxford

Quote from: Spider2 Y Banana on November 26, 2018, 08:52:21 am
West was also playing with a sophomore backup QB in this year's win, and it was raining on both teams.   FHS had Bowers healthy last year and lost that game too.  Regardless, "owning" is probably harsh.  FHS has finished 3rd in the conference each of the last two years, behind Bentonville and West.

Better?

Fayetteville was much better this year than 2017. The game wouldn't have been close in normal conditions and with Bowers.

game on

The West just isn't as strong and dominant as it was a few years ago.  The Central conference is playing better and has beefed up its coaching staffs in recent years. 

Spider2 Y Banana

Quote from: game on on November 28, 2018, 01:46:03 pm
The West just isn't as strong and dominant as it was a few years ago.  The Central conference is playing better and has beefed up its coaching staffs in recent years.

Agree.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas