• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Des Arc @ Junction City

Started by bleudog, November 16, 2018, 09:48:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

November 16, 2018, 09:48:49 pm Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:33:03 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
Congratulations to both teams.

Nothing like having to plan Thanksgiving around football practice, except playing football in December. ;)

Bearden_Bear72

I think Junction keeps rolling.  Des Arc will be the best they have played in the playoffs so far in my opinion and they will put up a fight.  In the end I think JC will be way to fast for Des Arc to hang with

dawgpound

who-knew

hornetfan8

bleudog

November 16, 2018, 10:58:24 pm #5 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 12:19:39 am by bleudog

gatecrasher

Saw Des Arc beat Mountain Pine tonight. They play hard and have a bunch of scrappy kids.

Junction City would do well to take care of business and not let the Eagles be hanging around in the 2nd half.

Sugeknight

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 16, 2018, 11:04:38 pm
Saw Des Arc beat Mountain Pine tonight. They play hard and have a bunch of scrappy kids.

Junction City would do well to take care of business and not let the Eagles be hanging around in the 2nd half.

Glad you came and watched with me. See ya next Friday.

Regardless what happens, the Eagles have exceeded expectations.

CaptainSwarm25

RiverEagle079

cuz

bleudog

November 17, 2018, 07:48:21 pm #12 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 08:19:02 pm by bleudog
For 10-year old times sake:

My wife and I were at the game. 

Then we went and saw Micheal Burks at Stickyz.

It was a good night.

dawgpound

CaptainSwarm25

One of the best high school games I've ever watched right there.

BO_KNOWS

I see jc pulling away in the 4th Quarter.. 34-20

THA TRUTH

Quote from: bleudog on November 17, 2018, 07:48:21 pm

It was a good night.

Can watch this over and over....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

It was a good night.

I was there as well. Great game!

N2DEEP

This game should be closer than people may see it. If Des Arc controls the clock and can stop the sweep they have a great shot at the W.

If JC does not turn the ball over it should be theirs to lose, but if they have 2 or more turnovers Des Arc will make them pay.

JC wins by 4

dawgpound

dragondad

It was a good night.

It was a lot easier to breathe at the 2013 State Finals.   ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dragondad on November 17, 2018, 11:02:26 pm

Our 13 team was done after beating bearden. 

dragondad

November 18, 2018, 11:08:55 am #22 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 11:10:32 am by dragondad
The win against Mountainburg put the JC Dragons home field record at 150-42,  first game played on the current field was Sep 11th, 1987.  JC is currently undefeated, 14-0, at home under 2nd year head coach, Steven Jones.  Prior to Jones, head coach David Carpenter amassed a home field record of 125-30

https://www.facebook.com/notes/border-town-legends/dragons-win-number-150-at-the-muse/1373888109408157/

BO_KNOWS

Oh yea the 2013 great flood in des arc vs bearden lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

bleudog

November 18, 2018, 07:36:42 pm #25 Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 09:39:14 am by bleudog
Quote from: dragondad on November 17, 2018, 11:02:26 pm

The 2008 WMS game was jaw clenching.

The 2013 WMS game was jaw dropping.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bleudog on November 18, 2018, 07:36:42 pm
The 2003 WMS game was teeth clenching.

The 2013 WMS game was jaw dropping.

Nobody would have slowed j.c. down in 13. They were on a different level that night. We also kinda layed down after the 2nd score.

The 08 game if played 10 times, probably ends up 5-5.

bleudog

November 18, 2018, 07:54:04 pm #27 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:02:56 pm by bleudog
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 18, 2018, 07:39:02 pm
Nobody would have slowed j.c. down in 13. They were on a different level that night. We also kinda layed down after the 2nd score.

JC didn't have a good WMS game in '08 but DA had a lot to do with that.  I'm not sure about the whole game being played again 10 times, but I've made the statement that if the game is played 10 times from the point DA went for it on fourth down and didn't make it, DA probably wins 7 or 8 times.  What JC did to go that far, in that amount of time, get the kick off and make it was a perfect storm.

I still think if DA had punted deep out of bounds, JC might have one less title trophy in the case.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bleudog on November 18, 2018, 07:54:04 pm
JC didn't have a good game in '08 but DA had a lot to do with that.  I'm not sure about the whole game being played again 10 times, but I've made the statement that if the game is played 10 times from the point DA went for it on fourth down and didn't make it, DA probably wins 7 or 8 times.  What JC did to go that far and get the kick off and make it was a perfect storm.

I still think if DA had punted deep out of bounds, JC could have one less title trophy in the case.

I agree, we should have punted. Or at least made the blocks. And I do believe those teams were a lot more evenly matched than anyone thought beforehand. That was a classic.

little timmy

great match up for a quarterfinal, will have to side with junction city by 2 td's

Hornetsfan02

Des Arc has all the heart in the world. These boys want this more than they want anything. I'm from hazen and saw just how hard they played against us. Got them leaving JC with a W, 14-12

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 18, 2018, 07:39:02 pm

Hector was the only team to have a lead on JC that year. We took opening drive and marched down the field to go up 7-0. It lasted 9 seconds as JC took the ensuing kickoff and then went for 2 😂😂. We never got close again and lost 51-7!

THA TRUTH

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 18, 2018, 07:56:38 pm
I agree, we should have punted. Or at least made the blocks. And I do believe those teams were a lot more evenly matched than anyone thought beforehand. That was a classic.

I wish the Qb that year for JC coulda played in a spread offense aide he could spin it.... that team was dominate when teams knew it was a run every play

Dragon I

Think about Godfrey in the spread not having to run into 10 in the box.

Old Scrapper

JC's 2014 team wasn't nothing to play around with either.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Dragon I on November 19, 2018, 10:12:21 am
Think about Godfrey in the spread not having to run into 10 in the box.

Or KP or Lorenzo or the Easters or grant kiedarian and Alan

bleudog

November 19, 2018, 11:44:46 am #37 Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 04:36:50 pm by bleudog
Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 19, 2018, 09:16:09 am
I wish the Qb that year for JC coulda played in a spread offense aide he could spin it.... that team was dominate when teams knew it was a run every play

When you talk about a team everybody knew was going to run, 2006 comes to my mind.

I think they intercepted more passes than they completed or maybe even attempted.  As far as I know, they came as close as any JC team to having three 1,000 yard backs in the same season. 

Justin Easter   1,384
Justin Hoof     1,160
Justin Cook       920
Justin I-II-III  3,464             

I would have loved to see Carpenter run a true option wishbone in 2006:  Justin Hoof up the middle with Justin Easter/Justin Cook taking pitches on the outside OR Eric Major keeping on the outside.  Major was fast, but Carpenter never let him run.

Maybe could have made up the two one-point losses that year, or at least the one in WMS.  ;)

Ventman

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 19, 2018, 09:02:49 am
Hector was the only team to have a lead on JC that year. We took opening drive and marched down the field to go up 7-0. It lasted 9 seconds as JC took the ensuing kickoff and then went for 2 😂😂. We never got close again and lost 51-7!
I believe Carlisle led in them in thier playoff game.

Hosea18

I would like to see a Des Arc win however as The famous JC alum (Josh Kennedy the captain) used to say "JC knows how to win and too much tradition"

amehr36

cuz

Hard to tell about DA they played Hazen fairly good but lost to McCrory. Almost lost to MC the beat MP like a red headed stepchild. If JCs line show up like last week on both sides of the ball they will win regardless. Junction has every tool to beat anyone but their destiny lies in the trenches....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 19, 2018, 09:25:16 pm
Hard to tell about DA they played Hazen fairly good but lost to McCrory. Almost lost to MC the beat MP like a red headed stepchild. If JCs line show up like last week on both sides of the ball they will win regardless. Junction has every tool to beat anyone but their destiny lies in the trenches....

We lost to McCrory because the players had the big head after the bauxite game. Magnet Cove was better than mountain Pine,  especially in the line play. If j.c.'s lines dont play well, des arc could shock the world.

dawgpound

Dragon I

Pick, you're usually pretty level headed.  McCrory was terrible.  Even with a case of the big head, one would think that Des Arc should have won that game handily.

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 19, 2018, 09:42:28 pm
We lost to McCrory because the players had the big head after the bauxite game. Magnet Cove was better than mountain Pine,  especially in the line play. If j.c.'s lines dont play well, des arc could shock the world.
I would put them against any of the remaining team in the trenches and if they focus they would beat them all. But in our close games they have seemed to lose their cohesiveness. If it wasn't for a good QB and two very good running backs the games would of been loss....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 19, 2018, 10:08:02 pm #46 Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 10:10:59 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Dragon I on November 19, 2018, 09:51:36 pm
Pick, you're usually pretty level headed.  McCrory was terrible.  Even with a case of the big head, one would think that Des Arc should have won that game handily.

I can assure you that's what happened. I could post more on this subject, but I will refrain.

But I agree we should have beat the brakes off of McCrory.

brown2010

But u didnt and go back a few years noone did not even jc. We will be back soon though

Old Scrapper

Quote from: brown2010 on November 20, 2018, 07:23:29 am
But u didnt and go back a few years noone did not even jc. We will be back soon though
I agree, y'all got some good things coming with that jr squad transitioning to Sr ball

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 20, 2018, 07:30:53 am
I agree, y'all got some good things coming with that jr squad transitioning to Sr ball

The jr team probably would have beat the sr team. Best jr high team I've seen in a long time. Maybe ever

Brown, you coming to the basketball game tonight?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas