• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PC qb transferring

Started by dawgpound, November 14, 2018, 09:58:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsta

Quote from: old.dole on November 28, 2018, 01:47:16 pm
Monsta are you the same Fred that on that billboard coming from jc through eldo? Doesn't matter just remember a Fred from jc and pretty sure it's the same one on the billboard
it's not a secret to who I am, my car say everything you need to know

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Monsta on November 28, 2018, 02:42:22 pm
it's not a secret to who I am, my car say everything you need to know

You have a talking car?

Monsta

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 28, 2018, 02:53:40 pm
You have a talking car?
you don't know me personally obviously, just know when you see my car you will know it's me

dragondad

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 28, 2018, 02:53:40 pm
You have a talking car?

Beep, beep. (Beep, beep.)
His horn went, beep, beep, beep. (Beep! Beep!).

old.dole

I'm not from around there so I don't know what you drive. I was just wondering if you were the same one that played a couple years ago that's on the billboard

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: dragondad on November 28, 2018, 03:22:26 pm
His horn went, beep, beep, beep. (Beep! Beep!).

I'm glad it doesn't bleep, bleep😀

ChapelTrojans

Heard he's been going to early morning off season workouts that's a good sign for PC

Rida4Life

Didn't that Fred dude have his own t-shirts made?
"Fred from JC"

thabeast428

Since this is about pc, how do kids in strong get to go to pc? Just curious bc heard it was some academic thing the person said. Neither one teach there or anything. So I didn't know if it was part of the choice thing or what

bleudog

Quote from: ChapelTrojans on November 28, 2018, 05:41:30 pm
Heard he's been going to early morning off season workouts that's a good sign for PC

I don't care where the PC kid's family decides he should go to school, but I heard the Turner kid was going to El Dorado's off season workouts before he showed up at Smackover.

Monsta

Quote from: thabeast428 on November 29, 2018, 05:41:54 pm
Since this is about pc, how do kids in strong get to go to pc? Just curious bc heard it was some academic thing the person said. Neither one teach there or anything. So I didn't know if it was part of the choice thing or what
so many unanswered questions but jc the only one who gets bashed and everyone think is recruiting

dragondad

Arkansas school choice. 

bleudog

As DD posted, Arkansas school choice, but if the transfers took place before school choice was expanded, students leaving Strong did not have to get district release because Strong has been at variance times in both academic and financial distress. 

Officially, receiving schools accept or deny incoming transfers based on whether or not they have room for them.  ;)

Monsta

Quote from: dragondad on November 29, 2018, 08:16:02 pm
Arkansas school choice.
okay, then if it's school choice then why was it a huge deal a few years back when monta and the hermits too their talent to Hampton? Same thing right?

dragondad

Quote from: Monsta on November 29, 2018, 09:30:30 pm
okay, then if it's school choice then why was it a huge deal a few years back when monta and the hermits too their talent to Hampton? Same thing right?

Nope,  if you choice into a district you are required to sit out for one season.   If you legally move into the district before the cutoff date,  you can play immediately.   The issue with Monta was some claimed he didnt legally move into the district.

baseball13

Quote from: dragondad on November 29, 2018, 09:38:58 pm
Nope,  if you choice into a district you are required to sit out for one season.   If you legally move into the district before the cutoff date,  you can play immediately.   The issue with Monta was some claimed he didnt legally move into the district.

he moved into the district. he lived within spitting distance from the school.

ChapelTrojans

Quote from: dragondad on November 29, 2018, 09:38:58 pm

I think there's some rule where if you transfer in by a certain date before your freshman and or sophomore year, you do not have to sit out

dragondad

Quote from: baseball13 on November 30, 2018, 07:19:51 am
he moved into the district. he lived within spitting distance from the school.

I know that,  Monsta asked why people had an issue..... I said some claimed he didnt make a legal move

dragondad

Quote from: ChapelTrojans on November 30, 2018, 08:16:05 am
I think there's some rule where if you transfer in by a certain date before your freshman and or sophomore year, you do not have to sit out

As far as I'm aware, the only way to play immediately is to make a legal physical move, or recieve a release to transfer from the students resident district school board.

couch-coach06

Quote from: ChapelTrojans on November 30, 2018, 08:16:05 am
If u move before 9th grade it don't matter correct

dragondad

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 30, 2018, 04:28:05 pm
If u move before 9th grade it don't matter correct

The issue isnt in moving, its how you move.  If you school choice in 8th grade then yes, youd be eligible in 9th grade.  To school choice you must notify in may of the previous school year, I believe.  So notify in may of 7th grade, attend in 8th grade, play in 9th grade.  If you make a bonafide move into district prior to Sept 1st, I believe, you can play immediately.  After Sept 1st, I think they cant play until 2nd semester.   Bleu would be the better person to answer this definitively.

ChapelTrojans

Was curious so I checked AAA website and found this. Bonafide move means immediate eligibility as long as its not same sport same season. Board to board transfers have to be done before July 1st 7th-10th grade year to be eligible. Going back to home district must be done in the first 11 days of the semester. If not meeting those criteria's you have to sit 365 days before being eligible

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas