• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2nd Round - Nashville vs Bauxite

Started by ~WPS~, November 09, 2018, 11:21:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

November 09, 2018, 11:21:36 pm Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 09:10:48 am by ~WPS~
Nashville Scrappers vs. Bauxite Miners
Scrapper Stadium, Nashville, AR
November 16, 2018 @ 7:00 PM

Video:  http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/nashville-high-school-nashville-ar
Audio:  www.southwestarkansasradio.com

Nashville Scrappers
Head Coach:  Mike Volarvich
Record at Nashville:  43-7 (4th Year)
2018 Record:  9-2
2018 Conf. Record:  5-2 (2nd 7-4A)
Last Week:  Won 36-0 vs Elkins
PPG Scored:  39.8
PPG Allowed:  16.5
Offense:  Multiple
Defense:  3-4
Playoff Record:  82-31

Bauxite Miners
Head Coach:  Daryl Patton
Record at Bauxite:  13-18 (3rd Year)
2018 Record:  9-2
2018 Conf. Record:  5-2 (4th 7-4A)
Last Week:  Won 21-6 @ Trumann
PPG Scored:  34.4
PPG Allowed:  19.4
Offense:  Dead T
Defense:  3-4
Playoff Record:  26-22

Team Stats
Passing
Nashville Offense:  127.5 YPG
Bauxite Defense:  75.2 YPG

Bauxite Offense:  61.8 YPG
Nashville Defense:  128.1 YPG

Rushing
Nashville Offense:  262.7 YPG
Bauxite Defense:  164.5 YPG

Bauxite Offense:  295.3 YPG
Nashville Defense:  104.3 YPG

Total
Nashville Offense:  390.2 YPG
Bauxite Defense:  239.8 YPG

Bauxite Offense:  357.1 YPG
Nashville Defense:  232.5 YPG

Stat Leaders
Passing
Nashville:  Tristen Jamison - 55/114, 633 yards, 6 TD, 5 INT
Bauxite:  Seth McDowell - 25/49, 409 yards, 5 TD, 2 INT ... Hunter Davis - 20/35, 263 yards, 5 TD, INT

Rushing
Nashville:  Keyshawn Stewart - 155-1070 yards, 11 TD ... Carmillias Morrison - 137-939 yards, 7 TD
Bauxite:  Dawson Dabbs - 187-1397 yards, 13 TD ... Seth McDowell - 168-923 yards, 19 TD

Receiving
Nashville:  Ty Basiliere - 21-449 yards, 5 TD ... LJ Gillard - 23-282 yards, 2 TD ... Devay Ragland - 19-269, 2 TD
Bauxite:  Elijah Cruz - 18-229 yards, 4 TD

Tackles
Nashville:  Devonte Witherspoon - 121 total tackles
Bauxite:  Jacob Thornberry - 93 total tackles

Sacks
Nashville:  Devonte Witherspoon - 4 sacks
Bauxite:  Carson Collins - 7 sacks

Interceptions
Nashville:  Devonte Witherspoon & LJ Gillard - 4 INT
Bauxite:  Elijah Cruz - 4 INT

Series History
All-Time:  Nashville 12-0
Games Played at Nashville:  Nashville
First Meeting:  September 29, 1922 (Nashville won 31-0)
Last Meeting:  November 2, 2018 (Nashville won 20-14, OT)

justafan33

RyanLR

AirWarren

#1thetruth

Thank God the game is not in Bauxite with their favorable refs.... its time to shut the coal mine down with black lungs!!!! They will need major surgery to pick themselves up after the beat down Nashville will give them!!? 42-14 Nashville with the win!!!

justafan33

#1thetruth:
Thank God the game is not in Bauxite with their favorable refs.... its time to shut the coal mine down with black lungs!!!! They will need major surgery to pick themselves up after the beat down Nashville will give them!!? 42-14 Nashville with the win!!!

---end quote---

Favorable refs? And this is from a Nashville fan. Lol. But to correct you,  we actually mined Bauxite, hence the name. I really didn't think we would have to explain that, must be a teenager posting. The Miners will show up and bring their best, you can count on that.

~WPS~

Quote from: justafan33 on November 10, 2018, 08:45:39 am
#1thetruth:

---end quote---

Favorable refs? And this is from a Nashville fan. Lol. But to correct you,  we actually mined Bauxite, hence the name. I really didn't think we would have to explain that, must be a teenager posting. The Miners will show up and bring their best, you can count on that.

Pretty sure he's a Robinson fan

Turgin

The Miners will show up and bring their best, you can count on that.

I just have to ask.  What did they bring in weeks 9 and 10?  The Miners are a solid team this year and I think most everyone believes that but sometimes your best just isn't good enough.

Partsman

Surely that's not a Nashville fan talking about someone having favorable Refs.

jay nelvin

scrapman

Quote from: Partsman on November 10, 2018, 09:56:16 am
Surely that's not a Nashville fan talking about someone having favorable Refs.
Obviously you haven't seen Nashville play this year if you think the refs favor them.

Digger#23

justafan33

Miners didn't play their best in weeks 9 and 10. Not making excuses.  To beat good teams you have to play your best. They didn't those nights. Arky and Nashville are well coached and talented teams as well.  Don't say Bauxite didn't have opportunities to win both of those.

beach bum

Nashville by 30 in the rematch.... 30-0 shut out

#1thetruth

#1thetruth:

---end quote---

---end quote---

just like a Bauxite fan not understanding humor. it was tongue and cheek. Sense you like to go technical - how about pneumoconiosis, also known as Shaver's disease, cause from Bauxite. you might want to get yourself checked out my friend. change my mind on my prediction, 64-13 Nashville.

#1thetruth

Quote from: ~WPS~ on November 10, 2018, 09:42:21 am
Pretty sure he's a Robinson fan

LMBO ;D...... Nope, not a Senators, but they are one of the best teams in the state. it looks like they have a easy ride to state, thinks to the Miners choking on their own bull crap.. you beat Rob on a Fluke and now you're Big daddy now, lol. Don't close your eyes on the Badgers either, may be a repeat for state champ. my prediction - Arky vs rob

justafan33

You were 3rd chair in band...whoopity doo. That's the truth..

Coltfan2005

The fact is that the Miners earned their spot. Inferring (look it up) that the players on Bauxite's football team choked or gave anything away is just wrong. These are kids who give it everything they can every time they put on their helmets. Coaches? Grown men drawing a salary, go after them all you want but to attack kids is just pathetic.

justafan33

Coltfan2005:
The fact is that the Miners earned their spot. Inferring (look it up) that the players on Bauxite's football team choked or gave anything away is just wrong. These are kids who give it everything they can every time they put on their helmets. Coaches? Grown men drawing a salary, go after them all you want but to attack kids is just pathetic.
---end quote---

I agree.  No matter what uniform or school they are from,  they all bust their tail to play the great game of football.  They are 15-17 year old kids most likely,  that make common mistakes.  I've seen college players make same mistakes.  Drop passes,  miss blocks,  miss tackles, etc. Bottom line, Bauxite is happy to be where they are.  It's been a long time and our team and community is enjoying every minute. Bauxite loves football,  just like Wilson,  Nashville,  Booneville, Rison, and Arkadelphia.  It's the best time of year there is.  Go Miners

RyanLR

Two weeks ago Nashville held the Miners to their lowest rushing total of the season. Witherspoon in particular was very disruptive. Bauxite has to score more than 14 points obviously to win this game. And going TO Nashville, with their long tradition of not only being in the playoffs but WINNING in the playoffs. I think the Scrappers win again but this time in regulation by 2 TD's.

polksalet

I'm bigly impressed with everything going on at bauxite and it's hard to beat someone twice. But I'll say 17-14 ville.

Turgin

Bauxite has absolutely earned their seat this year.  I'm happy for those kids.  Been pulling for them for some time now to taste some success. 

The Miners gave the Badgers and the Scrappers a good game this year and that's impressive.  I still believe that beating Robinson was a fluke though.  Any given Sunday and all that.  Bauxite may well beat Nashville this week, but I don't think so.  Still low scoring and close like it was the first time due to the clock eating Miner offense.

I'll go 21-17 Nashville.

hogfan10

Quote from: justafan33 on November 10, 2018, 12:24:35 pm
Miners didn't play their best in weeks 9 and 10. Not making excuses.  To beat good teams you have to play your best. They didn't those nights. Arky and Nashville are well coached and talented teams as well.  Don't say Bauxite didn't have opportunities to win both of those.

Honestly, I don't remember any opportunities to beat the badgers. Arkadelphia controlled that game start to finish. With that said, Bauxite does have a solid team.

justafan33

Bauxite was ahead 12-10 in the 4th quarter in the Arky game. How's that not in control?

hogfan10

Quote from: justafan33 on November 10, 2018, 08:07:41 pm
Bauxite was ahead 12-10 in the 4th quarter in the Arky game. How's that not in control?

I said Bauxite has a solid team, but I didn't really feel like they were going to win that game. Arkadelphia defense controlled the game.

moneyminers

i'm so glad to see this rematch. I feel like i got more than $5 worth of football 2 weeks ago in Bauxite and i'm more than glad to be making the drive to watch it again. beating a team twice in one year is hard. I'd rather nashville beat us week 10 instead of week 12 and i know the Miners aren't ready for this to be over. both teams better buckle up because this is gonna be a really good game. Bauxite 21-17

LionX2

Thetruth11

Quote from: beach bum on November 10, 2018, 12:26:36 pm
Nashville by 30 in the rematch.... 30-0 shut out
honestly think it'll be a 30-0 shut out? I mean anything is possible but geez... Thought the miners showed they were at least a little better than that this year

Thetruth11

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 10, 2018, 01:23:57 pm
Good point

Radiers34

SCRAPYARD

Thetruth11

No matter the outcome, this should be a great game. I'm hoping to see bauxite win, and I'm feeling a shootout... 48-46

Coach9586

Picking another low scoring, defensive game. Miners proved at Trumann they can kick if they need too. 17-14 Miners

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Coach9586 on November 12, 2018, 11:10:07 am
Picking another low scoring, defensive game. Miners proved at Trumann they can kick if they need too. 17-14 Miners
I do too. I don't see either team scoring over 28 on the other.

Football_Fan25

Quote from: SCRAPYARD on November 12, 2018, 09:41:17 am
First post!☝️Good one.

Just had the privilege to talk with Coach V, he was very nice and friendly. He wasn't nearly as confident as you on the score.   He predicted bauxite 35 Nashville 14

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: Football_Fan25 on November 12, 2018, 05:45:10 pm
Just had the privilege to talk with Coach V, he was very nice and friendly. He wasn't nearly as confident as you on the score.   He predicted bauxite 35 Nashville 14
You down there watching practice? Must be worried.

scrapman

Now I know that would be false. Nashville isn't practicing this week. Just trying to get everyone healthy from the 5 starters that missed 2 weeks ago. Hopefully we can get them back

Thetruth11

Quote from: scrapman on November 12, 2018, 07:37:21 pm
Now I know that would be false. Nashville isn't practicing this week. Just trying to get everyone healthy from the 5 starters that missed 2 weeks ago. Hopefully we can get them back
Funny ;D ;D

sevenof400

Jack1990

sevenof400

scrapman

Heard Patton was seen driving around Cabot on Sunday.  ;D

Scrapper Faithful

Top Shelf

Top Shelf

Top Shelf

Top Shelf

'Muscles' Campbell- 13