• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 4A-3 conference (Girls)

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, October 21, 2018, 05:02:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

RunninJoe

Girls at Pokey at the half

Batesville 35
Pokey 17

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland pulls out a tough win tonight over a talented Highland Lady Rebel team 45-43. About 4 lead changes the final 4 min , Sr Emily Pait nails 2 treys with a minute to play for the Lady Bearcats. Brookland jumped out to an early lead but Highland took the lead on a trey just before half.

87DAWG

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 14, 2019, 09:11:40 pm
Brookland pulls out a tough win tonight over a talented Highland Lady Rebel team 45-43. About 4 lead changes the final 4 min , Sr Emily Pait nails 2 treys with a minute to play for the Lady Bearcats. Brookland jumped out to an early lead but Highland took the lead on a trey just before half.
That was an instant classsic! Hats of to Pait for making 2 clutch shots! Tough loss for the Rebels but got to get ready for Blytheville at Home Friday! Good luck rest of the way NEA Razorback olfan. May we meet again and play hard like tonight!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Yes Sir , it was a battle, good luck vs Blytheville , we are at VV Friday for another tough conference game.

NEA Razorback olfan

87DAWG

Highland Lady Rebels 54

Blytheville Lady Chickasaws 38         F

NEA Razorback olfan

Big conference game Tuesday 1/22 as the Brookland Lady Bearcats,12-5 (7-2) host a very tough13-9 (5-4)  Pocahontas Lady  Redskins team to Bearcat arena. This should be a good game.
Every conference game late in the season will is always a battle.

cannon

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 20, 2019, 09:57:45 pm
Big conference game Tuesday 1/22 as the Brookland Lady Bearcats,12-5 (7-2) host a very tough13-9 (5-4)  Pocahontas Lady  Redskins team to Bearcat arena. This should be a good game.
Every conference game late in the season will is always a battle.

Valley View's girls go to Batesville on Tuesday.  The only question about the outcome of that game is whether the Lady Blazers can hold Batesville to something less than a 30 point win. 

The top 3 spots in the district are pretty well sewn up.  The fun part will be the battle for those 4th, 5th, and 6th spots, where there's a conceivable chance at a win in the first round of the tournament and a ticket to regionals.  The next two weeks will be BIG for Pocahontas, Southside, and Valley View's girls. 

87DAWG

Quote from: cannon on January 21, 2019, 07:38:06 am
Valley View's girls go to Batesville on Tuesday.  The only question about the outcome of that game is whether the Lady Blazers can hold Batesville to something less than a 30 point win. 

The top 3 spots in the district are pretty well sewn up.  The fun part will be the battle for those 4th, 5th, and 6th spots, where there's a conceivable chance at a win in the first round of the tournament and a ticket to regionals.  The next two weeks will be BIG for Pocahontas, Southside, and Valley View's girls.
Not so fast cannon! The Highland Girls are not playing well at all....beat a struggling Cave City team today In the Izard County Tournament 34-31. Very unimpressive effort by the lady Rebels....Highland has Southside at Home then to Westside on Friday. Highland played tonight, plays tomorrow, then Wednesday at the Izard County tournament against Rural Special, 1A team that is very solid, then Friday! 4 games in 5 days. Looked weak tonight.

cannon

Quote from: 87DAWG on January 21, 2019, 11:19:44 pm
Not so fast cannon! The Highland Girls are not playing well at all....beat a struggling Cave City team today In the Izard County Tournament 34-31. Very unimpressive effort by the lady Rebels....Highland has Southside at Home then to Westside on Friday. Highland played tonight, plays tomorrow, then Wednesday at the Izard County tournament against Rural Special, 1A team that is very solid, then Friday! 4 games in 5 days. Looked weak tonight.

That may be true, and I suspect lethargy in a game like the one they just played is a result of not taking the task at hand very seriously, which happens to all teams from time to time.  But Highland won't lose to Westside or Valley View.  Obviously, Pocahontas is capable of playing with them, and I think that Southside could give them a run on a good night, but I don't think they're in any real danger of losing that spot in 3rd.

Valley View will get better in the district tournament.  I doubt that it'll be enough to secure a win there, but they'll definitely improve when they pick up a few of the freshmen from their jr. high team, if for no other reason than it gives them a few warm bodies if they get in foul trouble.  Our girls have struggled this season, which wasn't a surprise, but mid-season injuries have compounded that struggle.  They'll breathe a little easier when they know they can catch 60 seconds on the bench and play a little more aggressively.   

NEA Razorback olfan

Valley View has some very talented freshman that no doubt will make an impact when they get moved up. Good group that can play D and score.
Highland has a very good team , and some good young talent coming up as well. They are in good shape.
Having a deeper bench this year with the addition of our Sophs , which  btw 2 are starters  I have seen a huge difference in our teams legs In the 2nd half.
Gramling and Smith gives us some good post players off the bench and Allen is starting to find her defensive and offensive roll. We just need to keep working hard every game.

87DAWG

I am just being realistic.  This team hasn't played up to their potential since Decemeber. No killer instinct and the inablity to finish teams off. I see this team every time they hit the floor! It isn't good.

NEA Razorback olfan

JessieP

I'm not overly versed on the Girls 4A-3 so I'm not in a position to gloat. I saw my first Pioneer game tonight and good Lord, Batesville simply toyed with Valley View. It was like the proverbial hot knife through butter. Who out there is the biggest threat to Batesville? Are they a legitimate title contender? It was an impressive performance tonight. 

cannon

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 22, 2019, 09:14:53 am
Valley View has some very talented freshman that no doubt will make an impact when they get moved up. Good group that can play D and score.
Highland has a very good team , and some good young talent coming up as well. They are in good shape.
Having a deeper bench this year with the addition of our Sophs , which  btw 2 are starters  I have seen a huge difference in our teams legs In the 2nd half.
Gramling and Smith gives us some good post players off the bench and Allen is starting to find her defensive and offensive roll. We just need to keep working hard every game.

Batesville handed those freshmen their first conference loss tonight. I don't remember the final, but I know they were separated by 13 points. Didn't look like the same kids playing in the Pioneers' house. Congrats to a great group of young ladies that simply out-played our girls tonight.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: JessieP on January 22, 2019, 09:27:28 pm
I'm not overly versed on the Girls 4A-3 so I'm not in a position to gloat. I saw my first Pioneer game tonight and good Lord, Batesville simply toyed with Valley View. It was like the proverbial hot knife through butter. Who out there is the biggest threat to Batesville? Are they a legitimate title contender? It was an impressive performance tonight.

They are the real deal... legit state contender.

cannon

Nobody in 4A-3, as far as I can tell. Granted, VV's senior girls won't give a fair perspective on what a competitive team can do with them, but they're absolutely strolling through the district right now. They'll be tough to beat.

MDXPHD

Berryville, Farmington, Pea Ridge, and Harrison can all play in the west. Batesville is the number one team in my opinion, but the lack of conference competition could hurt them. They have seen plenty of non conference competition though and did well against them. Biggest win was against Nettleton, who should win or come close to winning 5A.

87DAWG

Highland 62

F

Batesville SS 49

Highland pulled 3 starters up 62-37 and Southside capitialized with a 12-0 run.

87DAWG

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 22, 2019, 09:40:57 pm
Berryville, Farmington, Pea Ridge, and Harrison can all play in the west. Batesville is the number one team in my opinion, but the lack of conference competition could hurt them. They have seen plenty of non conference competition though and did well against them. Biggest win was against Nettleton, who should win or come close to winning 5A.
Highland played Farmington and they went on a run late to beat Highland by 11. Batesville, to me, is #1 but the toughest Conference hands down has to be the 4A-1....they will get stronger playing each other day in and day out....

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: 87DAWG on January 22, 2019, 09:56:52 pm
Highland played Farmington and they went on a run late to beat Highland by 11. Batesville, to me, is #1 but the toughest Conference hands down has to be the 4A-1....they will get stronger playing each other day in and day out....

I would agree , 4A-1 is very strong conference!!

87DAWG

Highland Lady Rebels 63      Rural Special Lady Rebels 58    F/3OT

Highland looked fresh the 1st quarter then went on a 9 minute scoring drought starting in the 2nd quarter and ending in the 3rd quarter.  Highland looked dead in the water in the 4th quarter, 3rd game in 3 days, but found a way in the 3rd OT...Next up Westside Friday at Westside then Saturday at Melbourne in the finals of the Izard Co Tournment vs Melbourne (tough place to play!! Very tough) then to Batesville on Monday! 6 games in 8 days. Not a good time to get in a tournament with the home stretch of conference play going on!! It is what it is!!!

NEA Razorback olfan

87DAWG

January 27, 2019, 07:16:23 am #75 Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 10:35:13 am by 87DAWG

Highland 49  Westside 31 F  1]25

Highland started out on a 21-4 run and never looked back. #3 sprained her ankle late in 1st and didn't return til the 4th and only played 4 minutes of the quarter.

Highland 44 Melbourne 65 F 1/26

Highland had no legs and Melbourne was ready to play. #3's ankle wasn't bad enough not to play but limited her ability to drive and defend side to side. Melbourne got out early and never looked back! 5 games in 6 days for Highland. One day rest then going to Batesville to play the Pioneers! I am hoping the Administration will look at not playing in a Tournament during a important stretch in Highland's conference schedule. Not very well thought out. After Christmas break I believe, which I am sure no one from Highland cares, that Highland needs to focus on Conference, District, and Regional run's!

NEA Razorback olfan

January 27, 2019, 09:42:34 am #76 Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 09:49:51 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: 87DAWG on January 27, 2019, 07:16:23 am

Highland 49  Westside 31 F  1]25

Highland started out on a 21-4 run and never looked back. #3 sprained her ankle late in 1st and didn't return til the 4th and only played 4 minutes of the quarter.

Highland 44 Melbourne 65 F 1/26

Highland had no legs and Melbourne was ready to play. #3's ankle wasn't bad enough not to play but limited her ability to drive and defend side to side. Melbourne got out early and never looked back! 5 games in 6 days for Highland. One day rest than going to Batesville to play the Pioneers! I am hoping the Administration will look at not playing in a Tournament during a important stretch in Highland's conference schedule. Not very well thought out. After Christmas break I believe, which I am sure no one from Highland cares, that Highland needs to focus on Conference Standings, District, and Regional run's!

I hope #3 ankle better soon, and I agree about playing in a Tourney this late in the season especially with not much bench to go to, having only 8 players is not very wise. Every Game counts this time of the year, district is about 3 weeks away starting 2/11.
Brookland is at Westside tomorrow night then host Batesville Friday night.
Batesville is rolling and is definitely a top 2 team in 4A if not the top team.

Brookland will have to bring their A game Friday night for sure.
So far it's been fun to watch these Lady Bearcats play and grow out there on the court each night, Kalifa Ford the Oklahoma Baptist signee had 28 Pt's vs Southside the other night always plays hard ( really surprised ASU didn't sign her , Big loss for ASU IMO) . What is more encouraging is we had 5 other players with 8Pt's each (4sophs)  1 Sr
Hopefully we can keep working hard and peek during post Season and make a run!

NEA Razorback olfan

87DAWG

!/28

Highland 40    Batesville 67

No contest. Lady Rebels fell behind early and never threatened Lady Pioneers...

87DAWG

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 27, 2019, 09:42:34 am
I hope #3 ankle better soon, and I agree about playing in a Tourney this late in the season especially with not much bench to go to, having only 8 players is not very wise. Every Game counts this time of the year, district is about 3 weeks away starting 2/11.
Brookland is at Westside tomorrow night then host Batesville Friday night.
Batesville is rolling and is definitely a top 2 team in 4A if not the top team.

Brookland will have to bring their A game Friday night for sure.
So far it's been fun to watch these Lady Bearcats play and grow out there on the court each night, Kalifa Ford the Oklahoma Baptist signee had 28 Pt's vs Southside the other night always plays hard ( really surprised ASU didn't sign her , Big loss for ASU IMO) . What is more encouraging is we had 5 other players with 8Pt's each (4sophs)  1 Sr
Hopefully we can keep working hard and peek during post Season and make a run!
Thank you NEA! I believe all the girls are rested and moving forward. #3 is young and should be ready. The ankle looked ok Monday night but she had to overcome a fever and looked to have no energy! She competed but I saw a trash can by the bench just in case she needed to relieve some fluids from her body. Good luck on the last 2 games and the District!!

NEA Razorback olfan

She is a great competitor , hope she is 100% soon!!
Best of luck to Highland as well!!

87DAWG

Highland 42

Valley View 36   F

Rebels with another subpar preformance....Pocahontas at Home Tuesday! All i'll say is I hope the Highland team is focused! If not, and here lately they are not, they will get beat!!

cannon

Quote from: 87DAWG on February 01, 2019, 11:22:32 pm

Highland 42

Valley View 36   F

Rebels with another subpar preformance....Pocahontas at Home Tuesday! All i'll say is I hope the Highland team is focused! If not, and here lately they are not, they will get beat!!

I actually thought they looked a lot better than the first time they met Valley View. Valley View's girls are down, but they're well-coached, which closes a lot of gaps late in the season. VV's meetings with Pocahontas we're both losses, but one was a 6 point game and the other was an 8 point game, so they were close enough to call them respectable.

I think the match with Pocahontas coming up will come down to who wants it worse and can maintain poise during the up and down runs within the game. I've got a feeling that Highland will do just fine IF they can keep #3 out of foul trouble and IF #00 hits her mid-range shots. No doubt, both are talented teams.

87DAWG

Quote from: cannon on February 02, 2019, 01:47:45 pm
I actually thought they looked a lot better than the first time they met Valley View. Valley View's girls are down, but they're well-coached, which closes a lot of gaps late in the season. VV's meetings with Pocahontas we're both losses, but one was a 6 point game and the other was an 8 point game, so they were close enough to call them respectable.

I think the match with Pocahontas coming up will come down to who wants it worse and can maintain poise during the up and down runs within the game. I've got a feeling that Highland will do just fine IF they can keep #3 out of foul trouble and IF #00 hits her mid-range shots. No doubt, both are talented teams.
Valley View has a good coach and good YOUNG players. They are undersized but play well! Highland doesn't always come to play! Highland is young as well! Highland, like Valley View, isn't deep! We play six. So, for Highland, there is no consequence when players don't give there all every play. That will change as we will add 3 Freshman after the Junior High District. Some girls might have a surprise coming for Highland if they don't come focused from now on and into next season! Good luck in Valley View's final game and in District!

cannon

Quote from: 87DAWG on February 02, 2019, 04:07:22 pm
Valley View has a good coach and good YOUNG players. They are undersized but play well! Highland doesn't always come to play! Highland is young as well! Highland, like Valley View, isn't deep! We play six. So, for Highland, there is no consequence when players don't give there all every play. That will change as we will add 3 Freshman after the Junior High District. Some girls might have a surprise coming for Highland if they don't come focused from now on and into next season! Good luck in Valley View's final game and in District!

Same to the Rebels. Future's bright for those young ladies.

87DAWG

Highland 34   Pokey 35     F

#3 sprained another ankle tonight in the 2nd quarter but toughed it out.  Could not effectively drive but #00 stepped up and had a great game. Highland up 1 with 17 secounds and #3 at the line and missed the front end. Pokey goes down and gets fouled and hits both free throws. #3 got the ball but had to give it up bc of the double team and #00 got a shot off but wasn't a good one and that was it....tough loss! #3 has been injured or sick in last 3 out of 4.....no excuses tho! Pokey played well....There were other things Highland didn't do but the missed free throw is highlighted bc of the time in game. District vs Valley View next Tuesday.

cannon

Quote from: 87DAWG on February 05, 2019, 10:02:28 pm
Highland 34   Pokey 35     F

#3 sprained another ankle tonight in the 2nd quarter but toughed it out.  Could not effectively drive but #00 stepped up and had a great game. Highland up 1 with 17 secounds and #3 at the line and missed the front end. Pokey goes down and gets fouled and hits both free throws. #3 got the ball but had to give it up bc of the double team and #00 got a shot off but wasn't a good one and that was it....tough loss! #3 has been injured or sick in last 3 out of 4.....no excuses tho! Pokey played well....There were other things Highland didn't do but the missed free throw is highlighted bc of the time in game. District vs Valley View next Tuesday.

Dang it!!!!  I felt a lot better about V.V.'s chances with Pocahontas than I do with Highland. That'll be my kid's first time on the Bench with the Sr. High team, and I fear it's gonna be a rough way to start a high school career.

NEA Razorback olfan

I hate to hear about Pena ankle,  she is a difference maker out there on the floor!!
Hope she is better soon!!
Good luck to your daughter Cannon as she starts playing at the Sr Level!!
Talented player , she will do fine!!

cannon

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 06, 2019, 07:06:19 am

Thanks, bro. She'll most likely watch it all happen from the safety of our bench, but I feel sure that, if she does see the floor, she'll look like a deer in the headlights.

87DAWG

Quote from: cannon on February 05, 2019, 10:40:04 pm
Dang it!!!!  I felt a lot better about V.V.'s chances with Pocahontas than I do with Highland. That'll be my kid's first time on the Bench with the Sr. High team, and I fear it's gonna be a rough way to start a high school career.
Highland played much better tonight but #14 hit 5 three's and #11 hit 2 open three's. Never really adjusted. #3  hurt her ankle early in 2nd quarter and came back out starting in the second half but had an obvious limp and could not penetrate even tho she did get in a couple of times, scored on one drive and got fouled on the other, but was not the same. Ashame bc she started off the game hot. Freshman blues. Valley View has played better of late and I am sure won't go away without fight! Good luck to your daughter cannon! She'll be fine!!

87DAWG

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 06, 2019, 07:06:19 am
I hate to hear about Pena ankle,  she is a difference maker out there on the floor!!
Hope she is better soon!!
NEA it has been a tough 2 weeks for Pena. She twisted the right ankle at Westside, got sick that weekend and played through it at Batesville and then this. No games til next Tuesday. Highland hopes she'll be ready. Need her to win. Highland has no other consistent ball handlers that would be able to last up a whole game against pressure.

cannon

Sooo, I have a cpy of the bracket, but it's hard to read (it's a little blurry). If I'm seeing the times right:

Game 1:  Valley View has Westside on Monday at 4:00 p.m. 

Game 2:  South side has Blytheville Monday at 7:00 p.m.

Tuesday:
Game 3:  Highland vs Winner G1 4:00 p.m.
Game 4:  Pocahontas vs Winner G2 7:00 p.m.

Thursday:

Game 5:  Batesville vs Winner G3 4:00 p.m.
Game 6:  Brookland vs Winner G4 7:00 p.m.

Championship game Saturday, 5:00 p.m.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on February 06, 2019, 03:22:15 pm
Sooo, I have a cpy of the bracket, but it's hard to read (it's a little blurry). If I'm seeing the times right:

Tuesday:

Thursday:

Thanks Cannon!!

cannon

87DAWG

Quote from: cannon on February 06, 2019, 03:22:15 pm

Tuesday:

Thursday:

Hey cannon,I thought in the past they had a 3rd place game to get the seedings for Regionals? Do you know if they still do that or how they will get the 3rd and 4th seed for Regionals?

cannon

Quote from: 87DAWG on February 06, 2019, 10:28:46 pm
Hey cannon,I thought in the past they had a 3rd place game to get the seedings for Regionals? Do you know if they still do that or how they will get the 3rd and 4th seed for Regionals?

No idea, bro. Until I got the bracket for district yesterday from a friend at Brookland, I was still assuming it was a straight tournament bracket starting 1v8, 2v7, etc. this is my first exposure to regionals, because up until this point our kids were playing in 5A, which meant winning one game at district punched your ticket to state.

To me, (and from reading what j13 has posted) it looks like the 1 & 2 get a double bye, the 3 & 4 get a single bye, and 5-8 have to battle it out heard to head to get to the quarters, where a win advances you to regionals. So, if you're 5-8, you need two wins to see regionals, whereas the 3&4 need a single win to get there, and the 1 & 2 get the automatic bid to regionals. Does that sound right?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on February 07, 2019, 06:54:23 am
No idea, bro. Until I got the bracket for district yesterday from a friend at Brookland, I was still assuming it was a straight tournament bracket starting 1v8, 2v7, etc. this is my first exposure to regionals, because up until this point our kids were playing in 5A, which meant winning one game at district punched your ticket to state.

To me, (and from reading what j13 has posted) it looks like the 1 & 2 get a double bye, the 3 & 4 get a single bye, and 5-8 have to battle it out heard to head to get to the quarters, where a win advances you to regionals. So, if you're 5-8, you need two wins to see regionals, whereas the 3&4 need a single win to get there, and the 1 & 2 get the automatic bid to regionals. Does that sound right?

Yes Sir , I believe that is correct

87DAWG

Quote from: cannon on February 07, 2019, 06:54:23 am

lol.l...sorry cannon i forgot you guys were in 5A last season.

cannon

Quote from: 87DAWG on February 07, 2019, 10:03:57 am
lol.l...sorry cannon i forgot you guys were in 5A last season.

Ha!  Yeah, you gotta remember to wear your "I'm with stupid" t-shirt when hanging around me.  It's all new to this kid. 

Livewire

Quote from: 87DAWG on February 06, 2019, 10:28:46 pm
My understanding is same as what J12 posted in another thread. Third and 4Th regional seeding will be determined by conference seeding. No consolation game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas