• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A West playoff scenarios

Started by Razorback Red, October 21, 2018, 01:46:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

October 21, 2018, 01:46:05 pm Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:50:39 pm by Razorback Red
Thanks Almatrackster for the chart below!

I won't go into tie-breaker scenarios, as I expect things to sort out pretty nicely. 

Seeds 1-2 look pretty clear, just a matter of who wins the week 10 battle of Hwy 102!  FHS looks pretty locked in as the 3-seed as well, can't see them losing either one of their final games. 

Springdale has the easiest path to the 4-seed, just beat VB in week 10 and they are locked into a home playoff game.  I think they can even lose both and still get the 4-seed due to the H2H win over Harber, but tiebreakers would come into play. 

Harber has a must-win this week vs Rogers.  After seeing RHS last week, they are improving.  Might not show in the record yet, but this coaching staff has them playing hard.  Harber plays FHS week 10, putting even more importance on winning this week. 

VB will have a tough week this Fri, but need to find a way to beat Sdale in week 10.  They need RHS to beat Harber this week. 

The 6-seed is not a place you want to be, that will be a road game at either Conway or Bryant (I think NLR is locked for at least the 2 with their win earlier over Conway?).  That will almost certainly be a loss for the West. 

7A West as of now:
1. Bentonville (5-0) TB Points: 56
2. Bentonville West (5-0) TB Points: 55
3. Fayetteville (3-2) TB Points: 39
4. Springdale (3-2) TB Points: 24
5. Springdale Har-Ber (2-3) TB Points: 26
6. Van Buren (2-3) TB Points: 23
7. Rogers (0-5) TB Points: 0
7. Rogers Heritage (0-5) TB Points: 0

If I were putting money on it, I would predict the following:

W1- West
W2- BHS
W3- FHS - won't be a pretty night for the C6
W4- SHS- winnable road game for C5
W5- HB- help me Central guys, but I would say a winnable game at NS if they play well.  Also could lose big if they play sloppy. 
W6- VB- won't be a pretty road trip

WestTiger

I agree it will come down to BWHS @ BHS in Week 10.  I just hope both of them stay focused this week and beat VB and Springdale and come out of those games healthy.

TrenchHogs

I figure any of the top 4 could realistically take the title. I do think NLR is the best team in Arkansas at the moment but NW Arkansas schools tend to be far better disciplined. Just my opinion. Bryant isn't far behind. This Friday will be a good one in Central Arkansas!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas