• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

42 Sports Poll

Started by godgiven999, October 16, 2018, 01:08:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

baseball13

Gurdon lost to bearden last year. they were/are a 2a team.

72aDaddy

Quote from: baseball13 on October 17, 2018, 10:11:36 am
Gurdon lost to bearden last year. they were/are a 2a team.
I stand corrected. I was getting false information pushed to me.

godgiven999

Gurdon and Mount Ida's record against each other is 3 - 3, props to Mount Ida!
quote author=IdaLions link=topic=157364.msg3634363#msg3634363 date=1539788454]
The last two time I can remember Gurdon getting beat by 2A teams was Mount Ida(42-0) and Rison(Don't remember the score but it wasn't close) in 2015. But the only true 2A team was Mount Ida, props to Gurdon.
[/quote]

sickwillie

October 17, 2018, 10:49:38 am #53 Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 10:57:51 am by sickwillie
I think we can all agree that we appreciate your effort on making this list, but its merely your opinion. I don't believe you used any legitimate facts when you were making this.

72aDaddy

Quote from: sickwillie on October 17, 2018, 10:49:38 am
I think we can all agree that we appreciate your effort on making this list, but its merely your opinion. I don't believe you used any legitimate facts when you were making this.
No person made this poll. It was generated by an online site that polls teams, I believe.

sickwillie

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 17, 2018, 10:55:28 am
No person made this poll. It was generated by an online site that polls teams, I believe.

Calpreps, Hootens, and Maxpreps all have different rankings. Im just curious as to how he set it up is all.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 17, 2018, 10:55:28 am

multiple people vote on this poll. its probably one of the more accurate, less opinionated ones out.

Partsman

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 17, 2018, 06:52:04 am
Maybe, Maybe not. We will definitely see. But all Gurdon has done is go 10-0 vs 2a competition the last 2+ years. Ida and foreman are good teams, no doubt. Gurdon is a pretty good team too and will go into both of those games ready to scrap...win or lose.

Next Saturday you can change that to 10-1.

Jawalpole

Well multiple people missed. Please elaborate the Quitman ranking?
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 17, 2018, 10:59:42 am
multiple people vote on this poll. its probably one of the more accurate, less opinionated ones out.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Jawalpole on October 17, 2018, 12:26:06 pm
Well multiple people missed. Please elaborate the Quitman ranking?

looks like they have them at 13, once you get out the top 7-8, its all subjectable. where would you have them?

sickwillie

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 17, 2018, 12:37:08 pm
looks like they have them at 13, once you get out the top 7-8, its all subjectable. where would you have them?

Aren't you a member of 42 sports? They didn't let you vote?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: sickwillie on October 17, 2018, 01:00:16 pm

Aren't you a member of 42 sports? They didn't let you vote?

Not any longer, I got a new gig with Arkansas Varsity. but I still communicate with them and know how they work

sickwillie

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 17, 2018, 01:17:33 pm

Not any longer, I got a new gig with Arkansas Varsity. but I still communicate with them and know how they work

Oh, sweet, man. Nicely done

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: sickwillie on October 17, 2018, 01:19:14 pm

Oh, sweet, man. Nicely done

42 sports, is still a good thing. they are growing and trying to do right by the small schools.

Jawalpole

I would drop them off the list and put England or Mnt Pine at 16th
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 17, 2018, 12:37:08 pm

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Jawalpole on October 17, 2018, 02:06:32 pm
I would drop them off the list and put England or Mnt Pine at 16th

you could make an argument for that, but its not like either of them have that much more impressive of a resume.

GatorBall

Quote from: Maddog11 on October 16, 2018, 04:49:52 pm
I will pick Earle to win it all. And yes they are way to low.. Way better than the six ahead of them. Yall will see

I always get a good laugh when people go out and say things like this then when their team gets dominated you don't ever hear anything else out of them. Out of curiosity though, have you ever seen the other teams that you claim they are, "Way better than" even play? Or do you just live in a little small box and seen Earle beat up on a bunch of bad teams? I mean, REALLY, the teams that you guys have played are a combined 8-26. So how could you possibly know how good Earle really is?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: GatorBall on October 17, 2018, 02:53:51 pm
I always get a good laugh when people go out and say things like this then when their team gets dominated you don't ever hear anything else out of them. Out of curiosity though, have you ever seen the other teams that you claim they are, "Way better than" even play? Or do you just live in a little small box and seen Earle beat up on a bunch of bad teams? I mean, REALLY, the teams that you guys have played are a combined 8-26. So how could you possibly know how good Earle really is?

gonna get a better idea Friday night.

MT Legend

All rankings is,is chocolate or vanilla ice cream which do you prefer? It's no different then opinions if you're  a fan of this team or that conference or this coach or that coach. It all factors into your approval or disapproval of what your looking at.so you could make a case that rankings are hypnosis.🤷🏽‍♂️

Pit Bull

MT, you're absent right, what's amazing is that people actually care what these polls read. Anyone that has played know that rankings mean absolutely nothing.

Greyhound#1

Its all in fun guys......... I would say this poll is probably better then the computer generated polls.  At least actual people vote on it.

MT Legend

Quote from: Pit Bull on October 17, 2018, 04:00:18 pm
MT, you're absent right, what's amazing is that people actually care what these polls read. Anyone that has played know that rankings mean absolutely nothing.

Thats it Bingo. We make rankings more then they are because we are unaware we are hypnotized in the moment of questioning them.in reality they mean nothing and we know this.its just we can't help making a fool out of ourselves to prove a point that never existed in the first place.😅 wake up.

godgiven999

The purpose of polls are for perception, but you are correct, in the grand scheme of things polls are useless.
Quote from: MT Legend on October 17, 2018, 06:04:02 pm
Thats it Bingo. We make rankings more then they are because we are unaware we are hypnotized in the moment of questioning them.in reality they mean nothing and we know this.its just we can't help making a fool out of ourselves to prove a point that never existed in the first place.😅 wake up.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas