• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4a Week 8

Started by GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over, October 15, 2018, 11:13:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

Thoughts???

Lincoln has a chance to cause a bit of chaos.
Will Gravette and Green Forest be the game of the week for the conference? As far as being a competitive game for this season's basement supremacy.

Thatoneguy2

This is an insult to the best 4a football team in arkansas, of course green forest they may have not scored in conference yet but dont give up.

Stealthfan

Quote from: GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over on October 15, 2018, 11:13:04 pm
Thoughts???

Lincoln has a chance to cause a bit of chaos.
Will Gravette and Green Forest be the game of the week for the conference? As far as being a competitive game for this season's basement supremacy.

Lincoln has a snowball's chance.  If it rains they will be schooled in the run game.  If it does not rain they will see the passing game they aspire to achieve.   

Yes, Gravette and GF will be the Soggy Bottom Battle - as trapped in a wet paper bag. 

nuttinbuthogs

I think Lincoln has a little better than a snowballs chance, but I agree taking on the conference leader and a very talented team will be an uphill battle.  I give Shiloh the edge for sure but I can see an upset if the Wolves play their best game and Shiloh takes them lightly.

nuttinbuthogs

I think Lincoln has a little better than a snowballs chance, but I agree taking on the conference leader and a very talented team will be an uphill battle.  I give Shiloh the edge for sure but I can see an upset if the Wolves play their best game and Shiloh takes them lightly.
PG, PR, Gravette as the other winners.

Stealthfan

Maybe a little better than a snowball's chance.  Looking at the Shiloh theme of the season in the press, it doesn't seem they will under prepare or look ahead past anyone after last year's Gravette and first round playoff losses. 

Patriot12

Up to this point what would be the best win for Lincoln?????

RZback

Quote from: Patriot12 on October 16, 2018, 04:45:43 pm

Could be Berryville with 3 wins. Not sure how you rank each of their opponents but BV has the most wins.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Patriot12 on October 16, 2018, 04:45:43 pm

That Gravette score seems concerning...

RZback

Lowest point totals were Gravette an Pea Ridge.  I think that puts a doubt on how many they can score against Shiloh.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: RZback on October 17, 2018, 10:11:30 am
Lowest point totals were Gravette an Pea Ridge.  I think that puts a doubt on how many they can score against Shiloh.

Shiloh has a very good defense,  so weird for me to say that...

Patriot12

So if Berryville is the best win we really don't know much about Lincoln, and after Shiloh goes mercy rule on them this week we still will not know much about them.  They will be ahead of Berryville and behind Shiloh?????

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Patriot12 on October 17, 2018, 11:04:51 am
So if Berryville is the best win we really don't know much about Lincoln, and after Shiloh goes mercy rule on them this week we still will not know much about them.  They will be ahead of Berryville and behind Shiloh?????

I have watched them play in a couple games... I don't think this is a mercy rule game...

whippersnapper

So what was the deal with PR week 4 at gentry when the score was only 27-7 or how about how Shiloh only beat Berryville 36-0..? Oh yeah it was raining all night. The top 3 passing teams are clearly SC, PR and Lincoln. And I highly doubt any of those teams were throwing the ball much. Lincoln only had 10 attempts. The wolves went ground and pound old school night. Much like I am sure PR and SC did. Low scoring happens.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 17, 2018, 11:14:30 am
So what was the deal with PR week 4 at gentry when the score was only 27-7 or how about how Shiloh only beat Berryville 36-0..? Oh yeah it was raining all night. The top 3 passing teams are clearly SC, PR and Lincoln. And I highly doubt any of those teams were throwing the ball much. Lincoln only had 10 attempts. The wolves went ground and pound old school night. Much like I am sure PR and SC did. Low scoring happens.

If it rains Friday night it hurts Shiloh big time...

Stealthfan

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 17, 2018, 11:09:19 am

I have watched them play in a couple games... I don't think this is a mercy rule game...

Nor did any of us think the Prairie Grove game would be - even without the muffed pooch kicks. Like you, I think the SC defense is for real. Beggs, OK had to work to move the ball.  On Max preps Beggs has scored 220 points since then.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Stealthfan on October 17, 2018, 04:09:18 pm
Nor did any of us think the Prairie Grove game would be - even without the muffed pooch kicks. Like you, I think the SC defense is for real. Beggs, OK had to work to move the ball.  On Max preps Beggs has scored 220 points since then.

I have taken a peak at all the Beggs scores outside of the Shiloh game.  Very impressive we held them to what we did.  Yes, I think the biggest strength of this Shiloh team is their defense.  I think Shiloh wins by 21 or 28...

Stealthfan

PR has a completely different look with new QB.  Presently appears more run oriented and better at it. (Haven't dug for definite stats on this, just watched before and after games) . New QB may get the feel for passing in a short time though. 

SC vs BV score I think was the score at half.  They call off the dogs on BV (read the really old blogs - history lesson there).

Seems Lincoln QB a much better passer than his receiving lineup.  Have noticed this about them for a few years. 

Will Gentry give PG a better game than anticipated?  Could happen. 

Gravette could break through their psychological barrier that is the end zone and win comfortably.  This season they must have set some sort of record for not scoring in the red zone.

Friday night in the conference does have some interests.

RZback

The two easiest ways to get recognition in the conference is go out and beat on of the top dogs.  Until then you just look like you are winning against poor talent.  It may just be to circumstances of your schedule but still you have to realize your wins have come against teams with about 5-6 total wins.

The other way would be to make a run in the playoffs.

Oh, and I quess there is one more, keep winning year in and year out for several years in a row.

nuttinbuthogs

So RZ, if Lincoln beats the Saints when you call that deserving of recognition? 

RZback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on October 18, 2018, 09:04:24 pm
So RZ, if Lincoln beats the Saints when you call that deserving of recognition?

If you Beat them!   I  would have to reconsider how good Shiloh might be if Lincoln beats them.       Really, just joking.  Yeah if you beat Shiloh you will get some recognition.

nuttinbuthogs

RZ, I'll say it for you.  Shiloh outplayed us and really it could have been worse.  38-0 with a couple minutes left in the 3rd quarter.  They are really good.  Lincoln now has to look toward finding a way to beat PG.

RZback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on October 20, 2018, 12:34:54 pm
RZ, I'll say it for you.  Shiloh outplayed us and really it could have been worse.  38-0 with a couple minutes left in the 3rd quarter.  They are really good.  Lincoln now has to look toward finding a way to beat PG.

I have to agree. I give you guys a 2-3 TD win over Gentry and a slight chance at PG.  I think you will have to score 30+ to beat PG.

nuttinbuthogs

I think we win over Gentry with a good margin but I agree that PG is going to be a challenge.  We just haven't gotten there yet against the better ranked teams.  The good news is we are in the playoffs and have a chance to show something there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas