• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 8 - Nashville @ Harmony Grove

Started by ~WPS~, October 14, 2018, 10:23:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

October 14, 2018, 10:23:53 am Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 03:49:10 pm by ~WPS~
Nashville Scrappers vs. Harmony Grove Cardinals
Sykes Stadium, Haskell, AR
October 19, 2018 @ 7:00 PM

Video:  http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/nashville-high-school-nashville-ar
Audio:  www.southwestarkansasradio.com

Nashville Scrappers
Head Coach:  Mike Volarvich
Record at Nashville:  40-6 (4th Year)
2018 Record:  6-1
2018 Conf. Record:  3-1
Last Week:  Won 27-20 @ Ashdown
PPG Scored:  41.7
PPG Allowed:  18.7
Offense:  Multiple
Defense:  3-4
2017 Record:  8-4
Returning Starters:  5 offense / 5 defense

Harmony Grove Cardinals
Head Coach:  Mike Guthrie
Record at HG:  4-3 (1st Year)
2018 Record:  4-3
2018 Conf. Record:  2-2
Last Week:  Lost 35-6 @ Arkadelphia
PPG Scored:  26.4
PPG Allowed:  21.6
Offense:  Diamond T
Defense:  Multiple
2017 Record:  8-4
Returning Starters:  3 offense / 5 defense

Team Stats
Passing
Nashville Offense:  130.4 YPG
HG Defense:  75.3 YPG

HG Offense:  30.6 YPG
Nashville Defense:  112.3 YPG

Rushing
Nashville Offense:  265.3 YPG
HG Defense:  174.9 YPG

HG Offense:  276.0 YPG
Nashville Defense:  92.3 YPG

Total
Nashville Offense:  395.7 YPG
HG Defense:  250.2 YPG

HG Offense:  306.6 YPG
Nashville Defense:  204.6 YPG

Stat Leaders
Passing
Nashville:  Jake Moorer - 49/92, 634 yards, 7 TD, 8 INT ... Tristen Jamison - 25/57, 280 yards, 2 TD, 4 INT
HG:  Logan Whitley - 7/20, 214 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT

Rushing
Nashville:  Keyshawn Stewart - 97-684 yards, 11 TD ... Carmillias Morrison - 95-598 yards, 4 TD ... Jacoby Jefferson - 49-390 yards, 5 TD
HG:  Jake Brooks - 78-506 yards, 8 TD ... Willie Newton - 74-396 yards, 4 TD ... Logan Whitley - 45-291 yards, 5 TD

Receiving
Nashville:  Ty Basiliere - 10-251 yards, 4 TD ... Devay Ragland - 12-215, 2 TD ... LJ Gillard - 16-170 yards, TD
HG:  Mark Dixon - 3-88 yards ... Hayden Hilson - 2-36 yards, 2 TD

Tackles
Nashville:  Devonte Witherspoon - 68 total tackles
HG:  Jake Brooks - 54 total tackles

Sacks
Nashville:  Devonte Witherspoon - 4 sacks
HG:  Hayden Hilson - 2 sacks

Interceptions
Nashville:  LJ Gillard, Devonte Witherspoon & Colton Patterson - 2 INT
HG:  Shane Small - 1 INT

Series History
All-Time:  0-0

RyanLR

moneyminers

Quote from: RyanLR on October 14, 2018, 02:13:52 pm
Nashville in cruise control
Though you could be right, Nashville did only beat ashdown by 7 who sould've won by way more. HHG beat ashdown by 16. I still think Nashville comes out victorious 28-7

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: moneyminers on October 14, 2018, 02:36:59 pm
Though you could be right, Nashville did only beat ashdown by 7 who sould've won by way more. HHG beat ashdown by 16. I still think Nashville comes out victorious 28-7
Surely you don't think Nashville can beat HG by more than Bauxite did?!

RyanLR

Quote from: moneyminers on October 14, 2018, 02:36:59 pm
Ashdown is a rivalry game for Nashville they always play close.

scrapman

Not saying it would have changed the outcome at all but Nashville did not play several players in the Ashdown game that usually play a significant role for the Scrappers.

moneyminers

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on October 14, 2018, 03:17:39 pm
Bauxite beat them by 16, 28-7 is a 21 point difference so I obviously think they can. Take shots all you want

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: moneyminers on October 14, 2018, 08:50:12 pm
Bauxite beat them by 16, 28-7 is a 21 point difference so I obviously think they can. Take shots all you want
Using your logic, Bauxite is better than Nashville because Bauxite beat Ashdown worse, but now Nashville is better since you think we will beat HG worse. It can't be both ways, either you think Bauxite is better or you don't. Make up your mind.

moneyminers

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on October 14, 2018, 09:07:34 pm
Using your logic, Bauxite is better than Nashville because Bauxite beat Ashdown worse, but now Nashville is better since you think we will beat HG worse. It can't be both ways, either you think Bauxite is better or you don't. Make up your mind.
No that's not at all what I was getting at. in my first comment referring to the games. I said things about the scores off HHG and Nashville against Ashdown. Along with how I didn't know what Nashville had going last week player wise..... you took into consideration that something just had to be said about Bauxite hence you saying that I surely don't think Nashville can beat HHG by more than bauxite did. which I'm still trying to find the relevance to. THEN that's when I predicted the score of what I thought it'd be. This had nothing to do with Bauxite but as you being a hater and knowing I'm a Miner commenter you just assume I'm taking shots.. lol @ u tho man

OrangeCrush.

You're the one obsessed with making us believe that they are good. Don't get mad when we shoot you down every time.

moneyminers

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on October 14, 2018, 09:50:26 pm
You're the one obsessed with making us believe that they are good. Don't get mad when we shoot you down every time.
No man, by the looks of things you're obsessed with making comments about Bauxite. there was nothing there to "shoot down" so you brought something up just to make yourself feel good but haters gonna hate

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: moneyminers on October 14, 2018, 09:54:10 pm
No man, by the looks of things you're obsessed with making comments about Bauxite. there was nothing there to "shoot down" so you brought something up just to make yourself feel good but haters gonna hate
I'll be feeling better than you after Friday night.

moneyminers

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on October 14, 2018, 09:58:57 pm
I'll be feeling better than you after Friday night.
if that's what you think man

Digger#23

I just love these inspirational talks.  Please, dont stop.

VanillaThunder

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on October 14, 2018, 03:17:39 pm
Silence yourself, sheep.

Redskin2015

OrangeCrush.

VanillaThunder

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on October 15, 2018, 08:52:22 am
Bottle open early on a Monday huh?
How about a clean slate OC? you down to bury the hatchet?

justafan33

Nashville has only played one team with a winning record this year, and lost.  This could be an upset for the Scrappers. 

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: justafan33 on October 16, 2018, 01:15:51 pm
Nashville has only played one team with a winning record this year, and lost.  This could be an upset for the Scrappers.

Ok

justafan33

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on October 16, 2018, 01:57:09 pm
Ok

If this isn't fact, let me know.  Their opponents this year have a combined record of 17-31-1. Robinson sure helps that record out for yall..

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: justafan33 on October 16, 2018, 01:59:37 pm
If this isn't fact, let me know.  Their opponents this year have a combined record of 17-31-1. Robinson sure helps that record out for yall..
No you're right, our opponents outside of Arkadelphia and Robinson are not good, regardless of record.  My response was more in reference to this being an upset.  I'd die of shock if Haskell beats Nashville.

justafan33

Don't think they have overall speed to play with the Scrappers, but they will be very physical and control the game clock.

RyanLR

Quote from: justafan33 on October 16, 2018, 01:59:37 pm
You know you can't really use a stat to define a football team that is completely out of their control. Nashville is a great football team. If you don't think that they are, then you're delusional.

justafan33

On the same note, you can't crown them champs until they have done something.  That goes both ways. For every team. That's why there is a coin toss and 48 minutes of the best entertainment $5 can get someone on a Friday.

OrangeCrush.

Who on this site has crowned Nashville champs this year?

justafan33

You speak of the Scrappers as if they are dominating teams every week.  Maybe just the cockiness coming out.  I've watched y'all play this year,  they are good...for a junior high team.

OrangeCrush.

Quote me where I've said something about Nashville that you claim I have. I'll wait.

justafan33

OrangeCrush.

So I guess I'll be waiting for a while.

scrapman

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: scrapman on October 16, 2018, 09:55:42 pm
Dang Crush. You got quoted smileys.
Not sure if that guy is a player's dad or a 7 year old girl.

justafan33

You guys might want to change your names after the red birds run the ball down your throat this week.  Can the Scrappers stop the run? 

scrapman

Quote from: justafan33 on October 16, 2018, 10:05:51 pm
You guys might want to change your names after the red birds run the ball down your throat this week.  Can the Scrappers stop the run?
Google it.

VanillaThunder

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on October 16, 2018, 03:44:28 pm
No you're right, our opponents outside of Arkadelphia and Robinson are not good, regardless of record.  My response was more in reference to this being an upset.  I'd die of shock if Haskell beats Nashville.
me too

VanillaThunder

justafan33

Or ask the 1988 graduate that still wears his senior ring, letter jacket, and half-shirt that was his football jersey back in the day.  Look it up, he is from Nashville. Scripman and OrangeCrash sorry if I offended you. #smileys

Football_Fan25

Quote from: scrapman on October 16, 2018, 10:31:54 pm
Google it.

HHG got a RB and Linebacker that is going to put a hurting on you.  You can take that to the bank...  HHG 35 Nashville 28

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: Football_Fan25 on October 17, 2018, 02:17:10 pm

HHG got a RB and Linebacker that is going to put a hurting on you.  You can take that to the bank...  HHG 35 Nashville 28
Dang Scrapman, I didn't know you were suiting up Friday night.  You better get ready for that hurting.

scrapman

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on October 17, 2018, 02:41:55 pm
Dang Scrapman, I didn't know you were suiting up Friday night.  You better get ready for that hurting.
Got my flack jacket and forearm pads ready.

ResidentOfTheVILL

Are we gonna be streaming the game tonight if so where

~WPS~

Quote from: ResidentOfTheVILL on October 19, 2018, 05:00:01 pm
Are we gonna be streaming the game tonight if so where
NFHS network. Link in the first post of this thread.

ResidentOfTheVILL

Yea saw it right after i hit post Duh ::)

P.S. GJ on the junior post thank you

~WPS~

Gordon 1 yard TD run

Nashville 7
HG 0

4:56 1st

~WPS~

HG running back broke free, got tripped up at the 1, and fumbled into the end zone. Nashville recovers.

~WPS~

Gordon 1 yard TD run

Nashville 14
HG 0

8:20 2nd

~WPS~

HG QB 20 yard TD run. 2 pt no good.

Nashville 14
HG 6

1:45 2nd

~WPS~

~WPS~