• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blytheville @ Batesville

Started by JacketFan, October 12, 2018, 11:04:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rampage72501

Quote from: RunninJoe on October 19, 2018, 10:57:37 pm
Does anyone know how many unsportsmanlike penalties there were?

While the referees only mentioned 1 player getting kicked out, it's my understand there were 3 others DQ'd.

PA Dad

This game just sounds crazy.  Was Blytheville really that out of control or is this another case of Batesville paying the refs with that big refs slush fund?

Rampage72501

Quote from: PA Dad on October 19, 2018, 11:08:57 pm
This game just sounds crazy.  Was Blytheville really that out of control or is this another case of Batesville paying the refs with that big refs slush fund?

100% Blytheville out of control.  Worst I have ever seen.

PA Dad

Quote from: Rampage72501 on October 19, 2018, 11:12:39 pm
100% Blytheville out of control.  Worst I have ever seen.

I was kidding about the slush fund.

The lack of discipline by Blytheville is staggering.  They may have a really good team in terms of talent but they won't go far in the playoffs without discipline.

JessieP

It's a shame because the ejections game after the outcome had been decided. Pointless frustration. The ultimate irony was that Batesville had far more penalties called against them. On one drive Batesville gave up 60 yards in penalties.

RunninJoe

It was really sad to see them implode like that, plus it made the game go on forever. I just hope they got enough control of him that he didn't destroy the locker room.

Rampage72501

One of our kick-offs came from their 30...yes, you read that right...the Blytheville 30. Of course we did an onside, and was called for being offside (we were).  So we had to do it again from their 35, and got the onside.

Definitely the ugliest game I have ever called.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on October 19, 2018, 11:17:50 pm
It's a shame because the ejections game after the outcome had been decided. Pointless frustration. The ultimate irony was that Batesville had far more penalties called against them. On one drive Batesville gave up 60 yards in penalties.

I'm amazed every year by Batesville's slow start and then the revival in October.  It's like they have a switch they trip the first of October.

I didn't think Batesville would make the playoffs this year.  I haven't looked at the standings but maybe they will be a 2 or 3 seed?

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on October 19, 2018, 11:16:35 pm
I was kidding about the slush fund.

The lack of discipline by Blytheville is staggering.  They may have a really good team in terms of talent but they won't go far in the playoffs without discipline.

It is sad. Blytheville has all the potential in the world but they cannot bottle up that anger. If anything the refs gave them the benefit of the doubt many times. The personal fouls they did call were obvious, kicking a down player, ripping helmets off, stomping a part of the body no man wants stomped and arguing with the refs. The real ugly play didn't start until the 3rd quarter, and the game was over by then. Sad, It was hard to watch.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on October 19, 2018, 11:23:04 pm
I'm amazed every year by Batesville's slow start and then the revival in October.  It's like they have a switch they trip the first of October.

I didn't think Batesville would make the playoffs this year.  I haven't looked at the standings but maybe they will be a 2 or 3 seed?

They control their own destiny for a 3 seed, need help for a 2 seed. With only GCT and a wounded and limping Valley View left.

Rampage72501

I believe there is a scenario where we could win out and get the 2 seed, but it would require Forrest City to lose their final 2, Blytheville lose another, and Nettleton win out.

Rampage72501

Actually, there is a scenario where Batesville could get the 1 seed, but it requires:

Beating GCT and VV to finish 5-2

Nettleton to lose out (@ VV and at home against Wynne) and finish 4-3

Blytheville to beat Paragould and lose to Forrest City to finish 5-2

Forrest City lose to Wynne and beat Blytheville to finish 4-3

Wynne beats Forrest City and Nettleton to finish 5-2

That would put Batesville, Wynne, and Blytheville all tied with a 5-2 conference record, and the Pioneers would get the 1 based on head-to-head victories over Wynne and Blytheville.  Blytheville would get the 2 because they beat Wynne.

Duck12

Told Y'all this game worried me. I know every year the coach preaches all week about keeping your emotions in check, but with this group that is an almost impossible thing to do. Most of the senior class are head cases and subject to implode or explode at any time. I love all those kids but they've been that way since Jr. High. Hopefully, the players realize this isn't the end of the season and continue to play. With this group, you never know. Well I'm glad I didn't make the trip to Batesville, wish me luck as I head to watch the Wonderboys and My Boy Larry Clark get his second start of his college career.

The_Pioneer

So, the score was 41-6.  Safe to say that the 35 point nose guard didn't play.

SWAT524

I wished there was a way to watch this game again. I was standing really close to the side lines and there were "WAY" more penalties than were actually called. I think at one point the refs stopped calling some of the penalties due to all the paperwork they were going to have to mail to triple A HQ. You could see from the top down to the players were out of control. You cant have Leadership losing control for the players to witness. Undisciplined Fit throwers are like a cancer to a team it grows from player to player. I am not saying the Pioneers are innocent in this  , but most of the pioneers chippy-ness came from being initiated By the Chickasaws. This is 2 years in a row that weve seen players get ejected from a game from Blytheville. I can tell you all the kids from Batesville that got unsportsmanlike calls King will have them run till they throw up their lungs.
Blythville could be so good if they build a program from Pride Tradition and Respect.

MDXPHD

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 20, 2018, 07:29:24 am
So, the score was 41-6.  Safe to say that the 35 point nose guard didn't play.

I was way off. Apparently he's about an 80 point swing.

Quote from: Yellowcake on October 19, 2018, 10:56:57 pm
Way to go Pioneers!!! Hitting stride as the season goes! Just like always!
...then please explain: Nettleton & Forest City?

RunninJoe

#5 obviously doesn't understand what "as the season goes" means. 🙄

JessieP

Quote from: #5 on October 20, 2018, 04:17:21 pm
...then please explain: Nettleton & Forest City?

Poor play and numerous unforced Pioneer errors. Against Nettleton a fumbled punt at our own 22 and a fumbled handoff exchange at our own 12 broke a 3-3 tie. Forrest City was up 1 and a pick 6 as we were driving for the game winning fg slammed the door shut. We lost 2 games we should have won, it happens. Let's say the "Flipping on of the switch" happened later than usual. Just curious, how do you explain Nettleton getting beat by 17 by Blytheville and that same Blytheville team getting mercy ruled by Batesville?

October 21, 2018, 09:51:36 am #69 Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 03:13:42 pm by #5
!?$

Rampage72501

October 21, 2018, 10:43:28 am #70 Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:46:26 am by Rampage72501
Quote from: #5 on October 21, 2018, 09:51:36 am
king is satisfied with his one state championship.
he has hired kevin miller (former hfbc at mtn home- miller had dave's "numer" when he was at mtn home.  then stu smith. between those two king is the admin with a BSE.  doing many of the same things he was doing 30 years ago in texas.
Kevin & Stu are the only two that have stayed with dave (he "preaches" loyalty...dave is a dictator (he demands loyalty from others, while offering None to those that work for him)
does dave have a Supreme Court justice sanario: in position for life?

If there is something below clueless, this is it.

SWAT524

October 21, 2018, 01:16:16 pm #71 Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:17:57 pm by SWAT524

Missco

Blytheville will be 3-2 after tommorrow in conference.

purpleswag

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 20, 2018, 09:31:08 am
I was way off. Apparently he's about an 80 point swing.

If he played the score wouldn't have been that. You got lucky not having to play blythville with him

Rampage72501

Quote from: Missco on October 21, 2018, 02:44:50 pm
Blytheville will be 3-2 after tommorrow in conference.

Which game is in question?  Makes a difference in the standings...

Missco

More than likely the Nettleton game. It is a sad situation. Their was a chance that they would be ok. It is a long story. 

JacketFan

Quote from: Missco on October 21, 2018, 07:28:09 pm
More than likely the Nettleton game. It is a sad situation. Their was a chance that they would be ok. It is a long story.
Hard to believe he only played one game, there has to be a lot more to this story.

Missco

He played 1 conference game and the game against osceola. He did not play against VV or Wynne or gct

Missco

Bly will be 3-5 but 3-2 in conference.

MDXPHD

Quote from: JacketFan on October 21, 2018, 09:10:05 pm
Hard to believe he only played one game, there has to be a lot more to this story.

But c'mon! Wynne wants a free win against them. Are you sure?

JacketFan

Though it was a good attempt at throwing out some bait MDX, when a player is ineligible, it usually is a honest mistake, so it usually is from game one on until someone figures out the oversight.  Good luck to all teams for the remainder of the season. 

Missco

Yep. It is sad that anybody is getting a free win.

Overdahill

In my future rankings teams will get zero credit for a win vs Batesville before October (Possums phase) and double credit for a win afterwards (Pioneer phase) :D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas