• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hey Greenbrier

Started by Air Raider, July 31, 2018, 03:49:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Air Raider

I ran into an old friend last week over here in Cabot and found out they have moved to Greenbrier. They relocated about 7 years ago to West Monroe, LA, and he took a transfer back to central Arkansas this spring.  His youngest son is going to be a sophomore and plays plays QB and OLB.  Also plays baseball.  You guys are getting a heck of a ball player and a great kid.

I kept trying to pry some info out of him but he has never been one to talk much about his boys. He did pull up some highlight videos at both QB and OLB, and also had a few with him playing some receiver.  No idea what you have over there right now, but the QB clips were flat out impressive the kid can throw and run, and honestly he looked just as good on defense. The only thing his dad finally said was well his brother was named offensive player of the year his senior year at WM playing WR and QB, and he is better than his brother was.  Not sure if you are familiar with West Monroe football, but if not they are a powerhouse. 

I watched his brother play before they left and he was good ball player.  He would have been a senior on the 2013 team here that played for the state championship and is one of several kids that were gone from that team who would have likely made a difference in that final game.  His speed may have given us the edge at QB that we were missing to be able to run the option and he could throw too (well that part may not have helped here   ;D). He was just a good on defense. 

Anyway, just thought I would pass that on.  Ya'll welcome them to Greenbrier, they are good folks, and good luck with your season!

Overdahill

Quote from: Air Raider on July 31, 2018, 03:49:01 pm
I ran into an old friend last week over here in Cabot and found out they have moved to Greenbrier. They relocated about 7 years ago to West Monroe, LA, and he took a transfer back to central Arkansas this spring.  His youngest son is going to be a sophomore and plays plays QB and OLB.  Also plays baseball.  You guys are getting a heck of a ball player and a great kid.

I kept trying to pry some info out of him but he has never been one to talk much about his boys. He did pull up some highlight videos at both QB and OLB, and also had a few with him playing some receiver.  No idea what you have over there right now, but the QB clips were flat out impressive the kid can throw and run, and honestly he looked just as good on defense. The only thing his dad finally said was well his brother was named offensive player of the year his senior year at WM playing WR and QB, and he is better than his brother was.  Not sure if you are familiar with West Monroe football, but if not they are a powerhouse. 

I watched his brother play before they left and he was good ball player.  He would have been a senior on the 2013 team here that played for the state championship and is one of several kids that were gone from that team who would have likely made a difference in that final game.  His speed may have given us the edge at QB that we were missing to be able to run the option and he could throw too (well that part may not have helped here   ;D). He was just a good on defense. 

Anyway, just thought I would pass that on.  Ya'll welcome them to Greenbrier, they are good folks, and good luck with your season!

now Grill is waiting for a "Hey Vilonia" post  :D

InYoGrill

Quote from: Overdahill on July 31, 2018, 04:35:16 pm
now Grill is waiting for a "Hey Vilonia" post  :D

Hey BTW- V hired a terrific Coach who guided the Briar O for many years and led Mayflower to an outstanding season last year.

Go Eagles!!!

Thanks for the shout ODHy

;D

Go Postal

Welcome to the 'Briar and more importantly, welcome to the West Conference where you usually have a 4 or 5 way tie to see who goes to the playoffs.  A lot of great athletes spread out among these West teams.

BTW, Grill is always waiting for something. ;)

Go Postal

Quote from: Go Postal on August 01, 2018, 01:19:25 pm
Welcome to the 'Briar and more importantly, welcome to the West Conference where you usually have a 4 or 5 way tie to see who goes to the playoffs.  A lot of great athletes spread out among these West teams.

BTW, Grill is always waiting for something.  Ask pantherblue. ;)

InYoGrill

Coach L said this V team has more athletes than he has even had on one team. Watch out WEST, Eagles gonna get cha cause Grill said!  ;D

Hey Postie, hope your Goobs are ready to play this season.

pantherblue

Postal is right, poor IYG is always waiting on something   lol

HeberFan

Quote from: Air Raider on July 31, 2018, 03:49:01 pm

Greenbrier has an excellent program.

InYoGrill

Quote from: pantherblue on August 07, 2018, 09:15:58 am
Postal is right, poor IYG is always waiting on something   lol

Shut your hole briarpants.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas