• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bauxite football

Started by beaverfan007, June 07, 2018, 09:13:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HeberFan

Quote from: AirWarren on August 14, 2018, 01:06:51 pm
Same staff with the acquisition of Calley. DP is a good coach, one of the best in the business. But Bauxite has always been built on tough and grit with their winning seasons....but not in the 4A. He started out with 20 something players and has gotten over 80 on the squad now. Whether they are hype or legit is still determined, but gaining 60 more bodies is a huge improvement any way you slice it. Now it is about installing a winning attitude in a school that has been the doormat for about 6 years.

Good point!

Neckred

Same staff with the acquisition of Calley. DP is a good coach, one of the best in the business. But Bauxite has always been built on tough and grit with their winning seasons....but not in the 4A. He started out with 20 something players and has gotten over 80 on the squad now. Whether they are hype or legit is still determined, but gaining 60 more bodies is a huge improvement any way you slice it. Now it is about installing a winning attitude in a school that has been the doormat for about 6 years.
That is pretty amazing.  I think just a few years ago they had around 23 kids?

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Neckred on August 14, 2018, 01:49:00 pm
That is pretty amazing.  I think just a few years ago they had around 23 kids?

Right, then a bunch transferred in from other schools.

AirWarren

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on August 14, 2018, 02:30:05 pm
Right, then a bunch transferred in from other schools.

I see Harmony grove signs in yards of Bryant and Benton zoned neighborhoods. When we were building our home, the rent house we were living in was zoned Bryant. Right down the street, I saw a "Home to a Harmony Grove Cardinal" sign in the yard. FAR away from Haskell.  I would say every school in Saline benefits from transfers.

Kids just want to play for Buck and DP. And school choice. Perfect storm.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on August 14, 2018, 02:55:26 pm
I see Harmony grove signs in yards of Bryant and Benton zoned neighborhoods. When we were building our home, the rent house we were living in was zoned Bryant. Right down the street, I saw a "Home to a Harmony Grove Cardinal" sign in the yard. FAR away from Haskell.  I would say every school in Saline benefits from transfers.

Yeah, but with 80 on the roster for Bauxite how many will actually get to play? Last I looked it's still only 11 on the field at a time.

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 14, 2018, 04:23:38 pm
Yeah, but with 80 on the roster for Bauxite how many will actually get to play? Last I looked it's still only 11 on the field at a time.

That's good to know. I could have sworn there was 22 on the field at one time.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on August 14, 2018, 04:40:34 pm
That's good to know. I could have sworn there was 22 on the field at one time.

Really? One team can put 22 on the field at a time? They should be tough to stop.

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 14, 2018, 04:45:00 pm
Really? One team can put 22 on the field at a time? They should be tough to stop.

You tell me, quip?

bearfan

Bauxite football is a joke

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bearfan on August 15, 2018, 03:41:27 pm
Bauxite football is a joke
Getting football knowledge like this is why I love this site. You could be President one day.

bearfan

August 15, 2018, 03:49:37 pm #60 Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 03:51:30 pm by bearfan
We can have this talk when they lose to a 2A team to start the season

HeberFan

Things can turn around FAST in high school football. Keeping it going is the hard part.

AirWarren

Bauxite's hype song this year.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NqZMcvd0yjo&feature=youtu.be

All kidding aside, that show cracks me up. Not really a dig at Bauxite or anything.

Neckred

Any news on Bauxite scrimmage?

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: AirWarren on August 14, 2018, 02:55:26 pm

Never said Harmony Grove did'nt do the same. It's just sad to see the big schools feed the scraps to small schools. At the end of the day, these kids get a short high school career before they get a real job. Some may even go to college and finish.

Mulerider4Life

bearfan

bauxite football is so trash

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Neckred on August 17, 2018, 11:00:29 am
Any news on Bauxite scrimmage?

Just found out today from a parent, they did not have a true scrimmage. Just a glorified practice. Apparently the Miners need to keep learning how to mine.

HeberFan

Coaches have good and off years, just like players.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: HeberFan on August 14, 2018, 01:47:27 pm
Good point!

They had 60 on the squad last year. Not sure gaining 4 more bodies is going to turn around a dismal program.

smurf_you91

Now guys let's remember one thing! They are still better then Subiaco lol

mr.gametime

When do they play Conway Christian??

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: mr.gametime on August 19, 2018, 01:40:51 pm
When do they play Conway Christian??

Saturday, August 25th 10:00am

mr.gametime

Do they play twice or did fearless make a mistake on the schedule?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: mr.gametime on August 19, 2018, 04:33:24 pm
Do they play twice or did fearless make a mistake on the schedule?

Fearless has it wrong.

HeberFan

Digger#23

Enjoyed the scrimmage vs CAC tonight.  Miners are for real people! Get your popcorn ready! CAC should be sore tomorrow! See everyone Saturday at 10am! Go Miners!!

SUGARTOWN

You know your program has been in the dumper when you get excited over a scrimmage against CAC.

Digger#23

Hope you like the taste of crow sugar. You're gonna eat it.

Overdahill

I wonder what the Vegas line would be on Bauxite making the playoffs ???

AirWarren

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 21, 2018, 08:08:21 am

What was the score?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 21, 2018, 08:08:21 am

Maybe. But we won't know for a while, you guys don't play a decent 4A team until Ashdown on Sept. 28. Playing a couple 2A teams and a 3A team won't tell you much...unless you happen to lose to one of them.

Digger#23

They didn't keep it.  10 plays on O, then 10 plays on D was the format.  This looked to be 42-0, or a 48-0 game equivalent.

Digger#23

What is obvious about this years Miner team is we have very good size and athletic ability on both lines. Quality depth at all positions. Maybe a bit light in the secondary after the starters.  But all in all unrecognizable from last year.  Even I was surprised by the size up front. 

Lumberjackfan1978

Miners should be much improved this year for sure

Digger#23

I can agree with that.  Last years Ash game we lost 21-7 @their house.  It was a tight game that we competed in and could have won.  Most folks on this forum just enjoy talking trash. Just because a program has been down doesn't condemn them to always being down.  4A-7 just got much tougher for everybody in it.  We finally look like a real 4A-7 team.  18 Seniors with most starting for their third straight year is typically a very good sign.  Not saying we win them all but it's not impossible either.  That's where good coaching comes in.  The schedule is what it is.  You still have to play the games your given and take care of business.  I'll say this though, playing up can get your team injured and really for no good reason.  I certainly can appreciate what Robinson and Arky are doing but there is significant risk in doing that. We know the teams in the 4A-7 very well and no amount of playing 6A or 7A schools changes that for us.  Just my opinion of course.

moneyminers

for a while, I've sat back and watched people bash bauxite because of them having some bad years since joining 4A. It is very easy for a lot of you who probably have never played a down of high school football in your lives. But lemme just give y'all a little flashback to now. 2015 Bauxite had a team of 17 players and went 1-9. The following summer, it was a big discussion to even keep the football program going because of the low numbers and inability to keep players on the field. That same summer, new coach moves in by the name of Daryl Patton from powerhouse Fayetteville. He emphasized getting in the hallways and getting players back out to play. Along with that, he had to improve the 23 players from the spring and continue to build back the bauxite tradition. He eventually got the numbers in the low to mid 40's and they ended up going 0-10 that year (2016). Being mercy-ruled almost every game,  none could be content with that and from the 3rd day after ending the season until the first game the players work extremely hard to get bigger, faster and stronger. Players came out and bought into the program and the future. 2017 rolls around and Patton wanted to instill the ability and thought of playing for your brothers and the man to the right of you and holding yourself accountable for your actions on the field. The boys bought into it and began the season with a chip on their shoulders and looking to turn things around. They started the season off week 1 against HHG and lost 13-7. They didn't give up or hold their heads down and came back and won 3 straight games against amazing teams. (Dumas, Glen Rose, Malvern) deeper into the season, they went into halftime with Ashdown 7-0 which was only that score because of a fumble by bauxite within the 10-yard line. The game ended at 21-7. Fountain Lake was lost by 1 on a 2 point conversion after being up big. robinson went into halftime with a 14-0 lead after one offensive touchdown and a fumble turns into a score. arkadelphia 7-0 halfway through the 3rd quarter and bauxite ends up injuring 4 defensive starters which turned the game around drastically. and Nashville, they were up by I'm sure 4 at halftime and ended up losing as well. With all of this being said, it should be hard to disrespect and bash a team that has been pushing through the past seasons trying to make a name for themselves. bashing them for playing lower classification opponents who called them out years ago looking to get an easy win which the team has turned around and will spank each of them. Not saying they'd be a team you'd make a movie about but you gotta give them props, fielding a team, getting a lot of players to come out, go out on Friday nights and play their butts off no matter what and giving these "state champion caliber" teams a run for their money for as long as they could. Because I think out of my own opinion that come conference, no matter what the nonconference looked like, bauxite isn't going to be an easy W for any of the powerhouse 7-4A teams and you can mark my word on that. Thanks guys and good luck to all of your teams this season

HeberFan

Good point. That "winning attitude" comes and goes in a program trying to climb out of a briar patch.

Digger#23

Well said Money and Heber.

Mulerider4Life

Just found out Harmony Grove has 29 players this year. Bauxite probably can expect a win against them this year. Hopefully we will get some players from Benton or another district next year to boost the numbers.

Neckred

So how did Bauxite look in the scrimmage?

Digger#23

Like a 4A-7 contender.  They did what they set out to do.  Coach has them right where he needs them.  Great job in building this program back up.  I'm impressed and that doesn't come easily.  Glad to be in the stands rooting on this team!

Digger#23

Muley, transfers go both ways.  We've lost players to Benton and Bryant.  Starters for those aforementioned  teams.I fail to see your point other than you just not being able to get past it.  No disrespect, but Bauxite and HG are small towns with no industry to pull people in.  School of choice helps and hurts.  I'm sure we'd be happy to have the Wells kid still playing on our team.  But wish in one hand and crap in another.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 21, 2018, 03:24:06 pm
Like a 4A-7 contender.  They did what they set out to do.  Coach has them right where he needs them.  Great job in building this program back up.  I'm impressed and that doesn't come easily.  Glad to be in the stands rooting on this team!

Digger what was the score?

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 21, 2018, 03:33:31 pm
Muley, transfers go both ways.  We've lost players to Benton and Bryant.  Starters for those aforementioned  teams.I fail to see your point other than you just not being able to get past it.  No disrespect, but Bauxite and HG are small towns with no industry to pull people in.  School of choice helps and hurts.  I'm sure we'd be happy to have the Wells kid still playing on our team.  But wish in one hand and crap in another.

How many players do yall really lose to Benton or Bryant?

Digger#23

Before 2016, several players.Guys that could have made a difference here. We lost our starting qb shi was a soph. during the middle of the season.  He went back to Louisiana to play QB at one of the larger schools in south LA.  If your a Grover, then I totally understand what your dealing with but it's not the end of the world.  So what if HG or Bauxite pick up a few kids from Benton or Bryant that are lost in the shuffle over there.  You've stated how our starters are from Bryant and our second team is from Benton.  That's totally false and you know it.  Most of our starters have been here since 4th grade.

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: moneyminers on August 21, 2018, 10:22:07 am
for a while, I've sat back and watched people bash bauxite because of them having some bad years since joining 4A. It is very easy for a lot of you who probably have never played a down of high school football in your lives. But lemme just give y'all a little flashback to now. 2015 Bauxite had a team of 17 players and went 1-9. The following summer, it was a big discussion to even keep the football program going because of the low numbers and inability to keep players on the field. That same summer, new coach moves in by the name of Daryl Patton from powerhouse Fayetteville. He emphasized getting in the hallways and getting players back out to play. Along with that, he had to improve the 23 players from the spring and continue to build back the bauxite tradition. He eventually got the numbers in the low to mid 40's and they ended up going 0-10 that year (2016). Being mercy-ruled almost every game,  none could be content with that and from the 3rd day after ending the season until the first game the players work extremely hard to get bigger, faster and stronger. Players came out and bought into the program and the future. 2017 rolls around and Patton wanted to instill the ability and thought of playing for your brothers and the man to the right of you and holding yourself accountable for your actions on the field. The boys bought into it and began the season with a chip on their shoulders and looking to turn things around. They started the season off week 1 against HHG and lost 13-7. They didn't give up or hold their heads down and came back and won 3 straight games against amazing teams. (Dumas, Glen Rose, Malvern) deeper into the season, they went into halftime with Ashdown 7-0 which was only that score because of a fumble by bauxite within the 10-yard line. The game ended at 21-7. Fountain Lake was lost by 1 on a 2 point conversion after being up big. robinson went into halftime with a 14-0 lead after one offensive touchdown and a fumble turns into a score. arkadelphia 7-0 halfway through the 3rd quarter and bauxite ends up injuring 4 defensive starters which turned the game around drastically. and Nashville, they were up by I'm sure 4 at halftime and ended up losing as well. With all of this being said, it should be hard to disrespect and bash a team that has been pushing through the past seasons trying to make a name for themselves. bashing them for playing lower classification opponents who called them out years ago looking to get an easy win which the team has turned around and will spank each of them. Not saying they'd be a team you'd make a movie about but you gotta give them props, fielding a team, getting a lot of players to come out, go out on Friday nights and play their butts off no matter what and giving these "state champion caliber" teams a run for their money for as long as they could. Because I think out of my own opinion that come conference, no matter what the nonconference looked like, bauxite isn't going to be an easy W for any of the powerhouse 7-4A teams and you can mark my word on that. Thanks guys and good luck to all of your teams this season
If anyone is mind numb enough to read all this, translate it in a shortened version. I don't want to waste my time.

Mulerider4Life

I'm still waiting on a score from the scrimmage....

BM22

Quote from: moneyminers on August 21, 2018, 10:22:07 am
Lol.....what the heck?!

Nacho

Basically a justification for him putting Bauxite in a top ten finish this year without them actually doing anything to prove it yet.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas