• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pea Ridge

Started by BigGuy22, March 13, 2018, 01:07:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigchief72455

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on March 28, 2018, 06:48:32 pm
Let's get real. The 3-4A last season was a bad joke. Three teams with winning records and that is only because of their weak conf wins. Your conf winner lost to three teams from the 3-3A last year.
Let's get real. There will also be talent leaving and coming in before next season. Things can change in an instant. I am not doubting Rivercrest at all but if you believe its a cake walk then you will be in for a surprise. Wasn't it just a season ago that the Colts got blasted by Paragould. Paragould that finishes last or next to last every season. Paragould that hasn't won over 5 games in 15 seasons. Like I say things can change.

cuckoobird

Only way rivercrest makes it to the second round is if they win their conference. Only way they make it 3rd round is if the other team's bus breaks down

luxora4life

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 29, 2018, 11:11:43 am
Only way rivercrest makes it to the second round is if they win their conference. Only way they make it 3rd round is if the other team's bus breaks down

Let's see, the 4th seed from the conference Rivercrest will be playing in made it to the second round last year. And the conference champ played in round 3 and was only down 7 in the 4th quarter before giving up 17 points.  Rivercrest will be fine. 

luxora4life

Quote from: bigchief72455 on March 29, 2018, 09:34:55 am
Let's get real. There will also be talent leaving and coming in before next season. Things can change in an instant. I am not doubting Rivercrest at all but if you believe its a cake walk then you will be in for a surprise. Wasn't it just a season ago that the Colts got blasted by Paragould. Paragould that finishes last or next to last every season. Paragould that hasn't won over 5 games in 15 seasons. Like I say things can change.

Two seasons ago, when last year state championship leaders where sophomore and freshmen.

cuckoobird

Quote from: luxora4life on March 29, 2018, 04:10:14 pm
Let's see, the 4th seed from the conference Rivercrest will be playing in made it to the second round last year. And the conference champ played in round 3 and was only down 7 in the 4th quarter before giving up 17 points.  Rivercrest will be fine.
and that was a phenomenal year for the conference. You have no clue how competitive the 4a is outside the 3-4a. Just ask Fountain lake how they've done since being a dominant 3a school and moving to 4a

bigchief72455

Quote from: luxora4life on March 29, 2018, 04:14:31 pm
Two seasons ago, when last year state championship leaders where sophomore and freshmen.
My point exactly. A lot can change.

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 30, 2018, 11:28:24 am
and that was a phenomenal year for the conference. You have no clue how competitive the 4a is outside the 3-4a. Just ask Fountain lake how they've done since being a dominant 3a school and moving to 4a

Bingo....

bigchief72455

No one is taking Rivercrest lightly but like I said they are not going to run roughshod over the conference let alone the classification. They will have competition whether their fans tend to believe it or not. The 3-4A is the butt of many jokes here. I think that if we can continue to make deeper runs by a few teams then maybe we may have a little more respect. But the teams here are going to have to be consistently more competitive.

Overdahill

Quote from: BigGuy22 on March 13, 2018, 01:07:09 pm
Pea Ridge is surely the favorite for State this year. Any opinions on who can beat them?

April Fools! :D

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bigchief72455 on March 30, 2018, 07:29:42 pm
No one is taking Rivercrest lightly but like I said they are not going to run roughshod over the conference let alone the classification. They will have competition whether their fans tend to believe it or not. The 3-4A is the butt of many jokes here. I think that if we can continue to make deeper runs by a few teams then maybe we may have a little more respect. But the teams here are going to have to be consistently more competitive.

One team in the conf has a chance to beat the Colts. One. Fountain lake? The team taht came off a 7-4 record, then moved up to the 4A (and still beat the majority of the 4A teams they played their first year)? How is that comparable to the 3A State Champions in 2017 moving up into the WORST conf in 4A? No Colt supporter is going to pick Rivercrest to win 4A this year...but none of them would be shocked. Fortunately for the competitive (lol) the Colts only will be stacked for one year, then they will be one of those "competitive" teams in the 4A.

cuckoobird

Don't worry, we will all be here when reality slaps the stupid out of you

bilboswaggins

Quote from: BigGuy22 on March 28, 2018, 07:41:57 am
I just started this thread to stir up some pots and it worked! Lol, but in my complete honest opinion. I think Pea Ridge will be done in the first or second round. Depending on their draws maybe even 3rd round if they get REALLY lucky draws. They will have a really stout defense, returning 9 starting defensive players. But their offense could possibly be one of the worse in the state unless Coach Neal and Alexander over at Pea Ridge can get them up and going. If somehow the Ridge offense can be at least decent and get about 20+ points per game, Pea Ridge will win their conference and make it to the second round. The defense will be pretty beastly and I think will hold most teams to under 14 points

That conference title has to be earned, not given.

OB11

I know this is a Pea Ridge thread but in regards to Rivercrest, they have been in the 4A before. This isn't new territory for them. They have consistently played 4A and 5A teams in non-conference and the coaching staff knows the 4A very well. Will they win a state title? Probably not any time soon. But they won't be intimidated playing in the 4A. They will be fine.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: nastynice on March 29, 2018, 07:07:09 am
Lol. You just described 3a not 4a. Just about every year 4a is the most competitive league in AR.
no doubt

RZback

Pea Ridge will have to fill a lot of holes on offense.  The notion that they can hold all their opponents to 14 or less is pretty bold.

ISU7

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 29, 2018, 11:11:43 am
Now I understand why you have this nickname. Of course Rivercrest know the 4A will be tough for them ,but seems to me they got some fans of 4A teams nervous. lol

ISU7

April 15, 2018, 11:27:39 pm #66 Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:34:29 pm by ISU7
Quote from: bigchief72455 on March 29, 2018, 09:34:55 am
I believe the 3-4a will be competitive for the Colts but i know they will be able to compete. Didn't Osceola smash Pokey last season after playing them close the year before. I think D Brown had 7 tds that night at Pokey but he had none against Crest with 27 rushing yards and 8 receiving hmmm.  By the way the 3A champs got their revenge on 5a Paragould big time;D Good luck to the Skins next season that Adams kid can play.GO 3-4A!!!!!

ISU7

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 28, 2018, 08:44:46 pm
You lost to Newport last year and they had not been a factor in 4A in a long time. I wouldn't be talking to much smack.  :D
All that matters is
2017 3A State Champs. Now let me see you repeat that for the Ricebirds using 4A. Oops!!!! 2012 was 6 years ago dang my bad Sugar T ;D 8)

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: ISU7 on April 15, 2018, 11:39:51 pm
All that matters is
2017 3A State Champs. Now let me see you repeat that for the Ricebirds using 4A. Oops!!!! 2012 was 6 years ago dang my bad Sugar T ;D 8)

All I know is that the last time Stuttgart played Rivercrest for a title the Birds won it. And that was AT Rivercrest..I know, because I was there.  :D

Good luck in 4A. I have a feeling you're going to need it.

OB11

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 16, 2018, 08:52:07 am
All I know is that the last time Stuttgart played Rivercrest for a title the Birds won it. And that was AT Rivercrest..I know, because I was there.  :D

Good luck in 4A. I have a feeling you're going to need it.

I've heard that one was a dandy.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: OB11 on April 16, 2018, 09:07:48 am
I've heard that one was a dandy.

7-0 final in a driving rain storm. The only score was a Ricebird punt return for a TD.

bigchief72455

Quote from: ISU7 on April 15, 2018, 11:27:39 pm
I believe the 3-4a will be competitive for the Colts but i know they will be able to compete. Didn't Osceola smash Pokey last season after playing them close the year before. I think D Brown had 7 tds that night at Pokey but he had none against Crest with 27 rushing yards and 8 receiving hmmm.  By the way the 3A champs got their revenge on 5a Paragould big time;D Good luck to the Skins next season that Adams kid can play.GO 3-4A!!!!!
Thats what I have been trying to get across to some folks. You can not predict a team's future season by their last one. Too many variables.

prHOG13

April 30, 2018, 11:06:43 pm #72 Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 08:30:14 pm by prHOG13
nm

BigGuy22

Spring Ball has gone really good for Pea Ridge so far. They have found a new guy to put on the offensive side that will help a lot with running and catching the ball... Big guy that will be really hard to bring down. He just needs to work on his agility and speed

RZback

Sounds like an offensive lineman that is now a running back.  Might look at those outside linebackers.

BigGuy22

Defensive lineman, the Mahoney kid. He's 6'3" about 250-260 and hes pretty strong. Again not the fastest kid, but hes played TE his sophomore year so he knows how to catch and run with it.

RZback

Are they moving to more of a 2 back Fullback oriented offense?

Made

I've heard the duo fullback was the next big thing.

BigGuy22

yeah kind of. Pea Ridge has a lot of different formations they can get in but that is one of them. they have pistol sets, i formations sets, etc.. they just need a lot more ways to get other people the ball. They lost their 4 offensive stars in winn, withcer, holtgrewew, and sainsbury so they can't rely on those guys anymore

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas