• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March Madness 2018

Started by Longfellow, March 11, 2018, 12:56:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Quote from: athletic supporter on March 19, 2018, 05:41:01 pm
Eric Musselman is a great coach. He coached in the NBA before going to Nevada

I had totally forgot he was at Sacramento for a while back in the day... Not too far from Reno at all too.

1-Adam-12

Loyola's coach, Porter Moser, got his first head coaching gig at UALR back in the early 2000s.

beach bum

I am not even going to attempt to pick these sweet 16 games as we have seen how crazy this tourney has been up to this point but here are the teams I will be rooting for.... again these are not picks but who I'll be cheering for

Kansas State over Kentucky- self explanatory. Never root for the guys from Lexington  ;D

Nevada over Loyola Chicago- tough one as they are both great stories. I am rooting for Nevada as I think they can win more games after this matchup more likely than Loyola because those twins at Nevada can present problems moving deeper into a tournament. Again, if Loyola wins I will be happy for their program too

Gonzaga over Florida State- Don't mind either team, but got to respect the Gonzaga program for what they have done

Texas A&M over Michigan- I want at least one SEC to get to the Elite 8 and I wouldn't mind seeing Tyler Davis still playing another round

Villanova over West Virginia- Most probably want to see Nova lose cause they have won so much lately over last few years... But got to root for a guy like Jay Wright. Absolute class act he is....

Texas Tech over Purdue- Evans for Texas Tech and I'd like to see their program get over the hump

Clemson over Kansas- I'd love to see the Jayhawks go down

Syracuse over Duke- Not really a Cuse guy but the only time I might ever root for Duke would be if they played Kentucky

Longfellow

Villanova/West Virginia may be the best matchup of the tournament

beach bum

Michigan beats the daylights out of the Aggies and Loyola just does not want to stop. Their game against Nevada was a game of swings and they hold on narrowly.

BigLion10

The sisters do it again for Loyola!! Way to go

BigLion10

Down goes Kentucky!! Kansas State goes on to Elite Eight

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: BigLion10 on March 22, 2018, 10:09:33 pm
The sisters do it again for Loyola!! Way to go
Pulling for them the rest of the way!

VHSCoach2

Loyola vs. Kansas State and the winner advances to the Final Four.

Show me a person who had that match-up on their bracket, and I'll show you a liar.

Longfellow

Kansas trying to let Clemson stay in the game with poor defense, while Clemson is trying to give it away by giving up so many offensive rebounds

BigLion10

Sister Jean works her magic again, Loyola is moving on to Final Four!!

Trojanbird

Quote from: BigLion10 on March 24, 2018, 07:19:16 pm
Sister Jean works her magic again, Loyola is moving on to Final Four!!
Would it not be fun if they won it all?  Anything is possible!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas