• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Central

Started by Debmrt52, January 17, 2018, 01:29:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Debmrt52

5A Central district tourney location?

croboostbusted

croboostbusted

Also, state is at Maumelle too

zsparker93

Does anybody know where 5A-South is?

Neckred

Chief_Osceola™

That's funny; we host a conference tournament we're not even playing in.  I think it was that way last year too.  We better win a game in our conference tournament.  I'd hate to host 2 postseason tournaments that we're not even playing in.

LeftyWorld

thats pcssd for you. wants to host stuff but uses the gym thats home to the team not playing in it  ::) gotta be frustrating for maumelle leaving your gym to travel to play in a district tournament when one is going on in your own gym.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: LeftyWorld on January 19, 2018, 09:18:23 am
thats pcssd for you. wants to host stuff but uses the gym thats home to the team not playing in it  ::) gotta be frustrating for maumelle leaving your gym to travel to play in a district tournament when one is going on in your own gym.

Instead, we'll be sent to the most remote location in our conference. I'm kind of surprised ours isn't in Morrilton or Clarksville.

PA Pressbox

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on January 18, 2018, 10:56:43 am
That's funny; we host a conference tournament we're not even playing in.  I think it was that way last year too.  We better win a game in our conference tournament.  I'd hate to host 2 postseason tournaments that we're not even playing in.

Technically, Sylvan Hills is the Host.  I assume they have it at Maumelle because the facility is nicer than their's.

4real

Quote from: PA Pressbox on January 24, 2018, 01:01:13 am
Technically, Sylvan Hills is the Host.  I assume they have it at Maumelle because the facility is nicer than their's.
The new gym at the Sylvan Hills middle school campus is really nice...Maybe not as nice as maumelle, but it is still nice, big, and less than 10 years old

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: PA Pressbox on January 24, 2018, 01:01:13 am

Yep that's how it was last year too. I can't remember which school was the official host, but they had the tournament at Maumelle. Or maybe just the finals, I can't remember now.

BballDad501

"Yep that's how it was last year too. I can't remember which school was the official host, but they had the tournament at Maumelle. Or maybe just the finals, I can't remember now."

Last year I thought Sylvan Hills was the host. Conf tourney played at Maumelle. Are you saying SH is the host again this year?

WoolyBear

Sylvan Hills hosted last year. This year Mills is hosting at Maumelle's Gym.

PA Pressbox

Quote from: WoolyBear on January 25, 2018, 09:34:39 am
Sylvan Hills hosted last year. This year Mills is hosting at Maumelle's Gym.

Thank you.  Yes, you are correct.  I just found out yesterday that Mills was indeed the host.  Reminds me of when my Freshman Economics professor explained why you should never A S S/U/ME.  ;-)

PA Pressbox

Here are the 5A Central District Tournament Brackets.  I'll be updating them on this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/171133620175936/

Here is the Girl's Bracket:

And Here is the Boy's Bracket:

woopork

Results from tonight? Is weather effecting tournament?

croboostbusted

Beebe win big over McClellan
Sylvan Hills girls win in OT by 5 over Pulaski Academy
LR Christian boys wins big over McClellan
Parkview pulls away big at the end over Pulaski Academy

Tonight girls:
LRCA vs Sylvan
Beebe vs Parkview
Mills vs. Parkview
Fair vs LRCA

PA Pressbox

Here are the 5A Central Brackets after the First Round: