• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

England Football

Started by RockZilla, January 08, 2018, 10:10:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

arkansasFBscoop

I can't speak for Burnett - wouldn't know him if I saw him.  However, with England attaching the AD job to this they can probably get the $ close.  Bryant only has Burnett on a 205 day contract - which is crazy.  I think the biggest question is would a coach who is very respected (Burnett) and in-line for a big school job soon benefit from moving down to the 2A level?  I don't think $ will be the deciding factor in this.  England, as I'm sure they have, would be well served making him say no.

All that said, I think if Coach Burnett was the guy this would have been wrapped up already.  That is pure speculation, though.

Mancho Hogo

DB isn't interviewing.  Coaches from Beebe,Cabot, Wynne are the only ones I know interviewing

Mancho Hogo

All the interviews are today and tomorrow.

nomorewhining

Who is the coach from Beebe?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: nomorewhining on February 26, 2018, 11:58:53 am
Who is the coach from Beebe?
I don't know, didn't even know they had a football team.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oldman on February 26, 2018, 01:59:42 pm
I don't know, didn't even know they had a football team.

Think they run an offense stuck in the 1970's...nobody wants that

Bigditchlion

Any coach worth his salt will run the offense that best suits his players. Hopefully whoever comes here won't stray to far from what the kids have known since the 3rd grade. With that being said these kids are talented! Lots more coming in years to come.

MagicMike

Quote from: Bigditchlion on February 26, 2018, 08:46:54 pm
Any coach worth his salt will run the offense that best suits his players. Hopefully whoever comes here won't stray to far from what the kids have known since the 3rd grade. With that being said these kids are talented! Lots more coming in years to come.

Dont know what they've ran since 3rd grade but they need to be full time spread. Too many good athletes in a conference full of slow white boys to run a wing t or something like that.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: MagicMike on February 26, 2018, 08:59:32 pm
Dont know what they've ran since 3rd grade but they need to be full time spread. Too many good athletes in a conference full of slow white boys to run a wing t or something like that.
Wow

AirWarren

Quote from: MagicMike on February 26, 2018, 08:59:32 pm

Tell that to Booneville.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 26, 2018, 08:08:52 pm
Think they run an offense stuck in the 1970's...nobody wants that

Unless it wins games.

RockZilla

Nobody should want to work for this school board. Their a pure embarrassment to the city of England. They will fire a Coach after one year but won't fire a teacher abuse.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: RockZilla on February 28, 2018, 06:35:28 pm
Nobody should want to work for this school board. Their a pure embarrassment to the city of England. They will fire a Coach after one year but won't fire a teacher abuse.

What is a teacher abuse?

Mancho Hogo

If everyone knew the whole story they wouldn't be upset about the firing. 

Decision will be made soon on a new head coach. 

southarkdaddy

Quote from: Mancho Hogo on March 01, 2018, 09:06:00 am
If everyone knew the whole story they wouldn't be upset about the firing. 

Decision will be made soon on a new head coach.

The firing of Coach Garrett?   Spill it. 

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: RockZilla on February 28, 2018, 06:35:28 pm

Well you gotta mow the field every once in a while.

JohnBarleycorn

Quote from: southarkdaddy on March 01, 2018, 09:40:33 am
The firing of Coach Garrett?   Spill it. 

Pretty sure it wasn't one specific incident that got the coach reassigned.

Arkansas Football 18

So which one of the guys that interviewed is the favorite?

big E

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on March 01, 2018, 10:17:22 am
Well you gotta mow the field every once in a while.
they never let Farmer on a mower which was probably the best move.

Iknewthemwhen

Hard to take a $10 - $11 thousand dollar pay cut, when you make a mid 50ish salary as a teacher coach.  Adding AD at most small schools is only good for $1- $3 thousand more so not a lot.  Winning in so many small schools is an iffy situation and often runs in cycles.  So school boards that want instant and prolonged success don't have much hope of keeping good folks.

new_guy787

March 04, 2018, 06:09:44 pm #120 Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 07:06:40 am by new_guy787
Quote from: jsky14 on January 18, 2018, 10:34:24 am
I think they made regionals as 4th place team a couple of times. England has made regionals fairly regularly in baseball.
I agree with your main point, but don't exaggerate.

They were co-conference champions with Ouachita the year before he was reassigned in a conference that had the previous years state champion and state runner up. He was also the coach of the year in that conference that same year.

Rida4Life

England better find a way to pay that money if they want a good coach.  It ain't like they are coming to England for the beautiful scenery.... just saying.

mhfcharlesi

So who seems to be the front runner out of the 3 they interviewed? When will they make a decision on the Coach?

MagicMike

I heard a coach from CC is in the mix.

Arkansas Football 18

Surely they would hire the coach from Cabot or Wynne. That's who I would guess.

Cheek

Dang,  I think there is more interest in the England job then when Coach B left the Razorbacks. There has been several Coaches  interviewed, and someone should be selected soon.   I would like to welcome all the newbies  to FF.

Hammer down

They going to be able to bring their guy in before spring ball?

big E

Quote from: Cheek on March 05, 2018, 08:11:40 pm
Dang,  I think there is more interest in the England job then when Coach B left the Razorbacks. There has been several Coaches  interviewed, and someone should be selected soon.   I would like to welcome all the newbies  to FF.
Yeah big guy seems to be a lot of Interest in this job.

mrknowitall

When you get rid of a coach less than a year after he's hired, that brings interest to any job.

Cheek

Quote from: mrknowitall on March 08, 2018, 08:34:12 am
When you get rid of a coach less than a year after he's hired, that brings interest to any job.
[/

Why,  with all your interest, did you apply?

mrknowitall

Not qualified! Build houses for a living!

Why so sensitive? People are just interested in seeing the hire...are you guys gonna give the new guy a multi year deal with a buy out or something so they know they won't be gone in 9 months...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mrknowitall on March 08, 2018, 10:49:29 pm
Not qualified! Build houses for a living!

Why so sensitive? People are just interested in seeing the hire...are you guys gonna give the new guy a multi year deal with a buy out or something so they know they won't be gone in 9 months...

I did see Gruden wearing a purple tie once. ..maybe he changed his mind about the raiders

Eaglefan70

Andrew Robertson, Conway Christian's Defensive Coordinator is England's new head coach.  He is a great guy and ya'll will love the energy he brings.  Conway Christian never had the best athletes but our coaches knew how to utilize players.  Ya'll are getting a good one. 

big E

MagicMike

So we can expect him to be terminated around December 14?

STUNNA

New coach... better rent and not buy... smh

big E

Y'all being hard on the English. Lol

Cheek

Quote from: big E on March 14, 2018, 05:57:36 pm
Y'all being hard on the English. Lol

Not being hard, just being what they are , 🦓 holes.

mrknowitall

You bunch of zebra holes!!!! Lol!!! Cheek must have left his reading glasses at home! Thinking he meant to click on the donkey!

Sounds like a good hire. Good luck to him and England!

bigworm

I wonder how many of you know it alls have ever even driven through England. I wish Roberson the best. Im sure he will have full support from the community and the administration. Go Lions!

southarkdaddy

Until he loses a game.  Or doesn't play the right kid. 

lionfan59

Well I still don't know what the heck happen! 

MagicMike

I hear the school board will be voting on a starting qb in April.

jsky14

Seems everyone complaining except folks from England.

STUNNA

Good thing England has a good selection of houses to rent!!!

Iknewthemwhen

How many coaches has England had in the last 10-20 years?   Farmer seems to be the longest lasting and most successful. 

lionfan59

Not complaining I just want to know what the heck happen. If he did something so bad than he would have been terminated, not reassigned.

mrk1027

England landed a great coach and even a better man/leader. Coach Roberson is a very close friend of mine and it will be very strange to see him in color other than navy/white.

Roberson is a leader of both the athlete and the student as well as the person. Will promote accountability, discipline, and team leadership as well as personal growth. Strong emphasis on weight training and self care goes a long way in his program. Second to none when it comes to gameplan and strategy.

If he is able to build further upon the already strong program tradition at England, better watch out!

I wish my friend and brother the best. I hope for his sake and most definitely for the sake of the student athletes that the community and others will rally around the program and support their new leader. I do not personally know the situation in England (sounds rough according to these expert posters) but I would like to wish it isn't as bad as it sounds!

BigLion10

Quote from: mrk1027 on March 22, 2018, 03:30:59 pm
England landed a great coach and even a better man/leader. Coach Roberson is a very close friend of mine and it will be very strange to see him in color other than navy/white.

Roberson is a leader of both the athlete and the student as well as the person. Will promote accountability, discipline, and team leadership as well as personal growth. Strong emphasis on weight training and self care goes a long way in his program. Second to none when it comes to gameplan and strategy.

If he is able to build further upon the already strong program tradition at England, better watch out!

I wish my friend and brother the best. I hope for his sake and most definitely for the sake of the student athletes that the community and others will rally around the program and support their new leader. I do not personally know the situation in England (sounds rough according to these expert posters) but I would like to wish it isn't as bad as it sounds!
I promise you the community has already rallied behind him. As far as these "expert" posters, well just ignore them since none of them actually live here

Mulerider4Life

Andrew Robertson will be bringing in the new season with the Spread Offense.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas