• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jonesboro Westside Warriors

Started by Bbal789, December 25, 2017, 09:54:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bbal789

If Jonesboro Westside is playing good they will have no trouble with Gosnell. One of Avery Felts 40 point games this year game against them.

J12

Won't be a 3rd one tonight. Avery seems not to be a fan of Harrisburg's gym. In 2 games here he hasn't broken and might not tonight.

J12

Great job by Westside tonight. Erased a 12 point deficit in the 2nd half to win. Tip of the hat to Gosnell. They played very well. Warriors go for their third straight over Brookland Saturday evening.

J12

http://m.kait8.com/kait8/db_348337/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=hDAhilxm

Extended clip of Westside's game last night agasint gosnell. Courtsey of KAIT8 in Jonesboro.

Livewire

Kait Region 8 TV Sports did a great story on Westside basketball with focus on the Felkins brothers! It was informative, funny, serious and heart wrenching!!
RIP Jamey-you and Mikah raised your sons right.

J12

True. Great family and great kids. Both have bright futures off the court.

NEA Razorback olfan

J12

Right on cue - Riley and Cullen Felkins had great games tonight. Good win for the warriors. They play tomorrow night at 8:30 against Bauxite.

Livewire

Westside rolls! I think Riley had 25 and Cullen 18(6/12 from 3). Don't know how many Avery had but he SHUT DOWN their good guard that scored most of Booneville points in first half.  Kesler made 2/2 from 3 and played several good minutes.

J12

Second time Westside has mercy ruled a team in that gym this year...  ;D

1-Adam-12

They are the real deal no doubt.  35 was hitting 3's from everywhere in the second half, usually with someone flying at him. I had Felts for 18 unofficially.

Warriors shut us down almost completely in 2nd half. 

Congratulations and good luck.

J12

J12

March 01, 2018, 10:07:37 pm #112 Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 11:25:10 pm by J12
Great game tonight as the Warriors advance to play Southside Saturday at 1:30. Show up early. The place was packed tonight.

Highlights courtsey of KAIT8
https://t.co/xyoMmRKGna?amp=1

501Arkansas

Is Arkansas recruiting this felts kid? That guy can flat out put it in the basket

J12

Quote from: 501Arkansas on March 02, 2018, 03:07:00 am
Is Arkansas recruiting this felts kid? That guy can flat out put it in the basket

No. Avery plays both basketball and baseball. The summer baseball team he plays for is the Dulins Dodgers.  They produce a lot of SEC talent. Felts' first AAU basketball season was last year. Would imagine he will pickup interests this summer on the basketball side.

He plays with 3 kids on Southside. If you want a preview of their AAU Wings team come out Saturday afternoon when Southside and Westside square off. Lots of talent on the floor.

StevenGlen

I am the broadcaster for Pottsville and want to take a second to give a virtual high 5 to Westside fans.  Pottsville's ladies played in the game before Westside last night.  Even before the Pottsville game I saw a number of red shirted Westside fans in the stands.  As our game progressed, more and more red filled the arena. Even waiting on their team, the Westside fans seemed to be enjoying the Pottsville and Monticello game. The sea of red that had gathered by the end of the Lady Apache and Lady Billie game gave both teams a great round of applause after that game finished.  All of the Westside fans I interacted with were very basketball knowledgeable, polite, and great sports.  I had a very heart warming visit with one fan, who I believe was a Westside fan, who was Navy Vet, and in a chair for mobility, but still really enjoying the game when Westside took the court.  Nice job!!

J12

Quote from: StevenGlen on March 02, 2018, 08:53:12 am
I am the broadcaster for Pottsville and want to take a second to give a virtual high 5 to Westside fans.  Pottsville's ladies played in the game before Westside last night.  Even before the Pottsville game I saw a number of red shirted Westside fans in the stands.  As our game progressed, more and more red filled the arena. Even waiting on their team, the Westside fans seemed to be enjoying the Pottsville and Monticello game. The sea of red that had gathered by the end of the Lady Apache and Lady Billie game gave both teams a great round of applause after that game finished.  All of the Westside fans I interacted with were very basketball knowledgeable, polite, and great sports.  I had a very heart warming visit with one fan, who I believe was a Westside fan, who was Navy Vet, and in a chair for mobility, but still really enjoying the game when Westside took the court.  Nice job!!

That's awesome. Westside has a really close group of fans. It's a growing school but made up of small communities. Everyone comes together for basketball games.  Glad you had a chance to interact with them and enjoyed it.

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on March 02, 2018, 10:22:30 am
That's awesome. Westside has a really close group of fans. It's a growing school but made up of small communities. Everyone comes together for basketball games.  Glad you had a chance to interact with them and enjoyed it.
you had the biggest group of fans for all of your games at regional.

NEA Razorback olfan

Some great basketball games yesterday!!!
This is basically a home game for Westside , about 20 min drive on other side of Jonesboro.
The Arena was packed for the Westside vs Bauxite game. We are rivals with Westside but they have a very talented Boys team with a very strong fan base. I know some of their parents and they are really nice. We wish them the best of Luck!!  We hope everyone that has come out to Brookland has a great experience. Safe travels to the Teams that are heading home and good luck to the remaining schools.

Runnin With The Pack

Brookland's tournament has been nothing but 1st Class this week, in every aspect.  I was in Maumelle earlier in the week for the 5A and the difference in the two events is like daylight & dark...

pridgehog

Quote from: Runnin With The Pack on March 02, 2018, 12:15:51 pm
   Brookland's tournament has been nothing but 1st Class this week, in every aspect.  I was in Maumelle earlier in the week for the 5A and the difference in the two events is like daylight & dark...
Nashville was terrible last year as well in 4A. They had nothing good to eat at concessions. I mean pitiful Nachos and the like Rodeo brand Hot dogs that were cold as ice. Proud to hear that NEA is first Class!

bbfan89

Brookland is doing a great job of hosting. A great new arena and top notch atmosphere on Thursday. Seems like once you get into the 5A and above you lose that great post season feel. I dare say the place will be rockin Saturday afternoon.

J12

Bbal789

Quote from: J12 on March 07, 2018, 06:10:41 pm
http://m.kait8.com/kait8/db/348337/content/FQAwqIbb/gallery

New story from KAIT8.

I don't know why but everytime you tag a link I can't view anything. I heard there was a good story out about the Felkins brothers.

J12

Quote from: Bbal789 on March 07, 2018, 06:43:58 pm
I don't know why but everytime you tag a link I can't view anything. I heard there was a good story out about the Felkins brothers.

http://m.kait8.com/kait8/db_348337/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=FQAwqIbb

Try this one.

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on March 07, 2018, 06:43:58 pm
there are brothers on that team?

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on March 07, 2018, 06:52:48 pm

Yes, Riley Felkins #11 and Cullen Felkins #35

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on March 07, 2018, 06:52:48 pm

If we reference their numbers you'd probably comprehend this easier.

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on March 07, 2018, 07:13:21 pm
If we reference their numbers you'd probably comprehend this easier.
yeah. Thanks.

J12

Great season by my guys! I'm a Westside Warrior through and through.  Those guys this year were awesome to watch. No shame in this season. Hats off to these seniors.  There are teams who come through that will always mean more, this is one of them.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on March 10, 2018, 09:58:31 pm
Great season by my guys! I'm a Westside Warrior through and through.  Those guys this year were awesome to watch. No shame in this season. Hats off to these seniors.  There are teams who come through that will always mean more, this is one of them.

Congrats to the Warriors on a great season!!

Livewire

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas