• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bohanon Vs. Noland

Started by WTD, December 07, 2017, 09:51:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WTD

Hypothetically Speaking....

Connor Noland is already a Hog commit, let's say Gerry Bohanon also commits to the hogs due to Chad Morris. Who could you see making a bigger impact from the start of their college careers and why?

The Future

I've heard rumors Ty would transfer soon. But we all know rumors are 100% true right?  ::)

If he in fact does, that leaves I believe 4 redshirt freshmen/freshmen QBs right? Kelley would have more experience, then there's Proctor, Hyatt, and Lindsey.

If both Noland and Bohanon go to the Hill, I don't see any reason why they would be guaranteed to not start because they are freshmen seeing how the upperclassmen QBs have barely to no experience. Even if Ty stays, he hasn't shown enough to make me think he would start out the offseason as the starter until someone else steps up. Same with Kelley.

New coach. New system. Might simply be he puts all QBs on the field and at the end of it all, the best one starts.

As far as your question goes, both are great players. I couldn't really tell you though who would make the bigger impact and why. But I will say by August we will know the answer because he will be named either the starter or the back up.

zebradynasty

Depends upon what varient of Morris's offense he runs. If he decides to just run a lot of misdirection with RB and WR he might not need a QB that can run if that's the case I think he still use Kelley for the foreseeable future. IMO the offense he runs would be even more potent with a running threat at QB. Kelly is not a statue but he is not Matt Jones either. Nolan can move but I'm not convinced he's a real threat running a read option offense. Bohannon should thrive in a offense like Morris featuring the read option. Unless he's better than advertised I would redshirt him. The jump from AA Arkansas football to SEC might be to great to expect him to come in as a freshman could even redshirt Noland.

FootBallar21

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 07, 2017, 10:59:39 am
Depends upon what varient of Morris's offense he runs. If he decides to just run a lot of misdirection with RB and WR he might not need a QB that can run if that's the case I think he still use Kelley for the foreseeable future. IMO the offense he runs would be even more potent with a running threat at QB. Kelly is not a statue but he is not Matt Jones either. Nolan can move but I'm not convinced he's a real threat running a read option offense. Bohannon should thrive in a offense like Morris featuring the read option. Unless he's better than advertised I would redshirt him. The jump from AA Arkansas football to SEC might be to great to expect him to come in as a freshman could even redshirt Noland.

Jumping from AA to the SEC is not just a big deal it is crazy.    I think Noland will fit perfect in Morris' system he is fast enough and can run enough to make it work fine.    I think his entire game and work ethic and everything he will bring to the table will set him apart moving forward I really like his chances to be a starter for the hogs in a year or two. 

High Voltage

Noland will be better prepared simply because of coaching and competition at the high school level. I truly believe that Ty Storey struggled due to lack of any real competition at the high school level.

zebradynasty

We learn from failures or we are doomed to repeat! One of Arkansas recruiting errors has been trying to make a square peg fit a round hole! If Morris is wanting to re-create a Clemson style offense...then Noland is not his guy. I like Noland and I would rather him leave Arkansas and go play in a system that shows his talent than to stay here and be something he's not. Noland is NOT a dual threat QB but that has nothing to do with him still being a talented QB. Morris would love another Deshaun Watson (Wouldn't everyone) Watson rushed for over 1,100 yards his senior year at Clemson. Does anyone honestly think Noland can do that? In the right offense I can see Noland throwing for 3000-4000 yards in a season.

It's up to Morris and how much he's willing to change what he does. IMO if I were Noland...I would seriously consider opening my recruiting back up. *Sits down and waits for the fire storm.

AHS06

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 08, 2017, 09:02:22 am
We learn from failures or we are doomed to repeat! One of Arkansas recruiting errors has been trying to make a square peg fit a round hole! If Morris is wanting to re-create a Clemson style offense...then Noland is not his guy. I like Noland and I would rather him leave Arkansas and go play in a system that shows his talent than to stay here and be something he's not. Noland is NOT a dual threat QB but that has nothing to do with him still being a talented QB. Morris would love another Deshaun Watson (Wouldn't everyone) Watson rushed for over 1,100 yards his senior year at Clemson. Does anyone honestly think Noland can do that? In the right offense I can see Noland throwing for 3000-4000 yards in a season.

It's up to Morris and how much he's willing to change what he does. IMO if I were Noland...I would seriously consider opening my recruiting back up. *Sits down and waits for the fire storm.
+1

Reddie20

Noland is committed for football and baseball.  If it doesn't work out in football, he'll still have baseball to look forward to.  After coaching against the kid last year, he will do just fine in baseball and has a better chance of going to the next level for baseball.  He has a very live fastball and a couple of really good off-speed pitches.  He stays around the strike zone and really paints the corners.  So I'm looking for to some big things from him in baseball but I hope he excels at both!  Bohanon on the other hand is one heck of an athlete.  The athletes around him make him look really good, it reminds me of Warren's quarterback in 07' when he had Gragg, Childs and Wright.  Bohanon has a cannon but he doesn't have to go through any progressions, its just drop back and throw it up if its not there then he can run it.  With some good coaching and a lot of hard work I bet he could develop into a Deshaun Watson or something close to him.  He could also play WR, CB, SS, FS and possibly RB, the kid is good.  I hope it works out for both of them!

hogsanddogs

Are you fishing? 

zebradynasty

Quote from: hogsanddogs on December 08, 2017, 02:21:38 pm
Are you fishing? 

Nope! I just know how most people act when a good Arkansas player doesn't go to the Hogs.

hogsanddogs

I would hope no one really wanted Connor to leave. He is a great baseball player and even if he is never the starter at football,  the guy who beats him out will have to work his butt off. Connor has a way of making the guy next to him better.  He is a competitor and team player. Also, I think he will surprise some doubters. Morris' offense will be awesome for Connor.

zebradynasty

Quote from: hogsanddogs on December 08, 2017, 03:09:19 pm
I would hope no one really wanted Connor to leave. He is a great baseball player and even if he is never the starter at football,  the guy who beats him out will have to work his butt off. Connor has a way of making the guy next to him better.  He is a competitor and team player. Also, I think he will surprise some doubters. Morris' offense will be awesome for Connor.

See that's what I'm saying! Me thinking he might need to go elsewhere has nothing to do with his competiveness, work ethic or talent. I'm basing it on the words of the new HC. He wants to build the Arkansas offense to resemble the one he ran when he had Deshaun Watson at Clemson. Currently there is no one on the roster or incoming freshman that resembles what Watson could do. So Morris will do two things... trim down his offense to match what he has and run the offense until he can sign a QB with Watson like skills. Either way it's not good for Noland.     

hogsanddogs

Well, wonder what Morris has said to Connor? That is really all that matters. What the coaches think and what the kid whose future in question thinks.

JessieP

Morris just got his first target. Stephen Jones from Texas, a QB that fits perfectly into Morris plan.

rona

Whomever comes to the Hogs as QB will need to compete everyday all Day long with current players on campus plus Noland. Noland very solid competitor that will eventually be a starter if he chooses to forego baseball.

WTD

Quote from: JessieP on December 09, 2017, 01:24:25 pm
Morris just got his first target. Stephen Jones from Texas, a QB that fits perfectly into Morris plan.

John Steven Jones... JessieP?

JessieP

Quote from: WTD on December 09, 2017, 06:25:42 pm
John Steven Jones... JessieP?

I'm not sure. I know he's a highly touted QB from Dallas. Someone said he was Jerry Jones grandson, I don't know it that's true. The release said he was Wallis top target.

WTD

December 09, 2017, 08:05:14 pm #17 Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 09:43:45 am by WTD
Quote from: JessieP on December 09, 2017, 07:00:07 pm
I'm not sure. I know he's a highly touted QB from Dallas. Someone said he was Jerry Jones grandson, I don't know it that's true. The release said he was Wallis top target.

Had to creep his twitter... QB for Highland Park, dude looks dynamic! Yes Jerry Jones grandson...

JessieP

Quote from: WTD on December 09, 2017, 08:05:14 pm
Had to creep creep his twitter... QB for Highland Park, dude looks dynamic! Yes Jerry Jones grandson...

Thanks for the info. Now granted, nowadays any kid can edit his own highlight film on his phone, you can't judge by that. However I do agree with you, his highlights look very impressive. I can see Morris turning that kid into a freshman phenom. I hope he focuses on academics as well, he'll need something to fall back on. It can be a rough life when your grandfather is worth 4 billion dollars and owns the Dallas Cowboys. Poor kid doesn't know where his next meal is coming from, the poolside deck or the Italian marbled east dining room.

WTD

Quote from: JessieP on December 09, 2017, 08:45:00 pm
Thanks for the info. Now granted, nowadays any kid can edit his own highlight film on his phone, you can't judge by that. However I do agree with you, his highlights look very impressive. I can see Morris turning that kid into a freshman phenom. I hope he focuses on academics as well, he'll need something to fall back on. It can be a rough life when your grandfather is worth 4 billion dollars and owns the Dallas Cowboys. Poor kid doesn't know where his next meal is coming from, the poolside deck or the Italian marbled east dining room.

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Bolt/Arkansas-Razorbacks-extend-offer-to-John-Stephen-Jones-who-is-son-of-Steve-Jones-grandson-of-Jerry-Jones-112033336

Dr. Defense

I think Bohannon would be a great addition to the Hogs roster....but as someone else mentioned above the jump from 2A football to SEC is huge particularly for a QB. I think he will need some time and grooming before being ready to be under center for the hogs.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Legit question here:  How many times have you actually seen Noland or Bohanon play in person?
2 part follow up question:  (1) How much have you seen of Chad Morris's offense?  (The breakdown of the RPO, routes, reads, QB options, etc)  (2) How educated are you, on a scale of 1-10, of the inner working of Morris's offensive playbook?

<sits back and waits.......

zebradynasty

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 14, 2017, 09:12:00 am
Legit question here:  How many times have you actually seen Noland or Bohanon play in person?
2 part follow up question:  (1) How much have you seen of Chad Morris's offense?  (The breakdown of the RPO, routes, reads, QB options, etc)  (2) How educated are you, on a scale of 1-10, of the inner working of Morris's offensive playbook?

<sits back and waits.......

Seen Noland 3 times have not seen Bohannon except on HUDL. I've watched Clemson over the years and although Morris was gone when Watson rushed for 1,000 the fact that he recruited a kid with that kind of skill set tells me that's ideally what he wants. Like any good coach what he runs is based upon the personnel he has. Now that he doesn't have a dual threat QB he changed his playbook some. Noland is not a dual threat QB. As long as Morris runs the plays that he can run he can do fine but I gurantee you the whole 4-5 years Noland is up there Morris will be looking for a true dual threat QB.

Troy Aikman signed with OU with Switzer running the option offense which Switzer changed because of Troy. Morris could do the same although it wouldn't be near as drastic. As we know Troy eventually transferred. I was only suggesting that Noland at least consider looking at an offense that highlights his talents.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 14, 2017, 11:45:59 am
Seen Noland 3 times have not seen Bohannon except on HUDL. I've watched Clemson over the years and although Morris was gone when Watson rushed for 1,000 the fact that he recruited a kid with that kind of skill set tells me that's ideally what he wants. Like any good coach what he runs is based upon the personnel he has. Now that he doesn't have a dual threat QB he changed his playbook some. Noland is not a dual threat QB. As long as Morris runs the plays that he can run he can do fine but I gurantee you the whole 4-5 years Noland is up there Morris will be looking for a true dual threat QB.

Troy Aikman signed with OU with Switzer running the option offense which Switzer changed because of Troy. Morris could do the same although it wouldn't be near as drastic. As we know Troy eventually transferred. I was only suggesting that Noland at least consider looking at an offense that highlights his talents.

So you think Morris's offense is geared solely towards a dual threat QB?   

Since we're using the word "guarantee" so liberally.......I can "guarantee" that if Conner Noland needed to run the ball more, then he could.  Go back and look at tape on him.  Against Texarkana, Eldo, Southside.  He's not got 4.3 speed, but the kid has wheels and can run the ball if needed.  Greenwood just didn't need that from him.  Nor does Greenwood's offense depend on the QB running the ball a lot.  Much like Morris's offense.  Cole Kelley will do well with the new offense.  I believe Noland and the other QB's will all do well with the new offense.  The only guy i can't see running it well is Storey.  I'm not sure he has the ability to run.  But, i've not seen him in person either.    I can also "guarantee" that Morris will play to his strengths and not be pining away for the next Boyd or Watson.  He adjusts and tweaks his offense.  That's what his calling card is.    BTW, the majority of my thoughts on Noland running Morris's offense is based on what I've heard Rick Jones say.  Jones knows Morris, and obviously knows more than any of us knows about Noland and what he's truly capable of.  If I was a betting man, Rick Jones's advice might be bet worthy. 

zebradynasty

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 14, 2017, 12:24:47 pm

Since we're using the word "guarantee" so liberally.......I can "guarantee" that if Conner Noland needed to run the ball more, then he could.  Go back and look at tape on him.  Against Texarkana, Eldo, Southside.  He's not got 4.3 speed, but the kid has wheels and can run the ball if needed.  Greenwood just didn't need that from him.  Nor does Greenwood's offense depend on the QB running the ball a lot.  Much like Morris's offense.  Cole Kelley will do well with the new offense.  I believe Noland and the other QB's will all do well with the new offense.  The only guy i can't see running it well is Storey.  I'm not sure he has the ability to run.  But, i've not seen him in person either.    I can also "guarantee" that Morris will play to his strengths and not be pining away for the next Boyd or Watson.  He adjusts and tweaks his offense.  That's what his calling card is.    BTW, the majority of my thoughts on Noland running Morris's offense is based on what I've heard Rick Jones say.  Jones knows Morris, and obviously knows more than any of us knows about Noland and what he's truly capable of.  If I was a betting man, Rick Jones's advice might be bet worthy. 

Never said a word about Morris offense geared solely toward a dual threat QB. I think it's what he prefers IF available. Slowly but surely dual threat QB's are proving to be valuable. They certainly gave the hogs fits over the years. Just because a kid can run doesn't make him a dual threat QB nor more than just because a kid can throw a football 60 yards on a rope make him a pro-style QB. Read option is hard to execute just like plays that are pro-set. Speed is great but not a necessity. Cam Newton and Deshaun Watson are 4.6 -4.7 on their best day.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 14, 2017, 01:50:49 pm
Never said a word about Morris offense geared solely toward a dual threat QB. I think it's what he prefers IF available. Slowly but surely dual threat QB's are proving to be valuable. They certainly gave the hogs fits over the years. Just because a kid can run doesn't make him a dual threat QB nor more than just because a kid can throw a football 60 yards on a rope make him a pro-style QB. Read option is hard to execute just like plays that are pro-set. Speed is great but not a necessity. Cam Newton and Deshaun Watson are 4.6 -4.7 on their best day.

You said "I guarantee you the whole 4-5 years Noland is up there Morris will be looking for a true dual threat QB".  My point is that you, among others, just overlook the obvious fact that Noland could run Morris's offense, and, IF Jones had ran a dual-threat offense, Noland could very well have run that offense effectively.  When you've seen the kid play only a few times, how in the world can you make an overarching statement about him needing to transfer because he can't run Morris's offense?  To run an offense like that takes ability and intelligence.  Is Bohanan a smart kid?  Would he be able to pick up Morris's playbook and comprehend it?  I have no idea.  It would be silly for me to make comments about a kid that I've seen play one or two times, much less know nothing about.  Agreed?

zebradynasty

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 14, 2017, 02:18:30 pm
You said "I guarantee you the whole 4-5 years Noland is up there Morris will be looking for a true dual threat QB".  My point is that you, among others, just overlook the obvious fact that Noland could run Morris's offense, and, IF Jones had ran a dual-threat offense, Noland could very well have run that offense effectively.  When you've seen the kid play only a few times, how in the world can you make an overarching statement about him needing to transfer because he can't run Morris's offense?  To run an offense like that takes ability and intelligence.  Is Bohanan a smart kid?  Would he be able to pick up Morris's playbook and comprehend it?  I have no idea.  It would be silly for me to make comments about a kid that I've seen play one or two times, much less know nothing about.  Agreed?

Why does EVERY not some EVERY topic, subject, word or syllable need to turn into some verbal analytical gymnastics. I don't care how many times you saw him play I am going to agree with recruiting experts that list Noland as a pro-style QB. From what I saw I agree with that assessment. Yes, Morris will continue to look at dual threat QB's. He's doing it as we speak! It would be naïve think otherwise. Suggesting he look at other schools based upon what offense it runs...that's advice I would tell my own son! It's not a denouncement of Noland skills but he would be more successful if he ran a pro-style offense in college. Being able to scramble when the protection breaks down...that's not a dual threat. From what I've seen of Morris offense currently it resembles (not exact) Gus Malzhan's when he was at the UA as OC. But this only becomes a problem for Noland IF Morris wants to run read option and other types of runs designed for the QB. As I have already stated, Morris will adapt his offense based upon personnel but don't be surprised or disappointed that in the coming years he will continue to offer dual threat QB's...that I will guarantee.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 14, 2017, 02:54:18 pm
Why does EVERY not some EVERY topic, subject, word or syllable need to turn into some verbal analytical gymnastics. I don't care how many times you saw him play I am going to agree with recruiting experts that list Noland as a pro-style QB. From what I saw I agree with that assessment. Yes, Morris will continue to look at dual threat QB's. He's doing it as we speak! It would be naïve think otherwise. Suggesting he look at other schools based upon what offense it runs...that's advice I would tell my own son! It's not a denouncement of Noland skills but he would be more successful if he ran a pro-style offense in college. Being able to scramble when the protection breaks down...that's not a dual threat. From what I've seen of Morris offense currently it resembles (not exact) Gus Malzhan's when he was at the UA as OC. But this only becomes a problem for Noland IF Morris wants to run read option and other types of runs designed for the QB. As I have already stated, Morris will adapt his offense based upon personnel but don't be surprised or disappointed that in the coming years he will continue to offer dual threat QB's...that I will guarantee.

BTW, Did you stay until the final horn sounded at the GW/PB game or were you one of the thousands heading out during the 3rd quarter?

zebradynasty

December 14, 2017, 03:39:57 pm #28 Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 03:44:04 pm by zebradynasty
Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 14, 2017, 03:00:52 pm

BTW, Did you stay until the final horn sounded at the GW/PB game or were you one of the thousands heading out during the 3rd quarter?

I did not attend but if I had I would have been one of them. Leaving the stadium before the game ends may be shocking to some...PB has ALWAYS done that even when we win but it's worse when we lose. I assure you none of the players are scarred for life or need therapy.

LAfootball fan

All you guys keep forgetting there is another dual threat qb that  is going to be on campus.  Now whether Morris can get him to play football is another thing, but Justice Hill to me is just as good if not better than Bohannon.  The kid can run and throw and he looked dynamic running LRC's offense against Warren the  first game this  year.

hogsanddogs

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 14, 2017, 12:24:47 pm

Thank you! Youdon'tknow, spot on Coach Jones said something about Connor early on that caught my attention. Z.D. let's not try to run him off just yet.

zebradynasty

A break down of Chad Morris Offense:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/6/10/5782566/clemson-offense-chad-morris

From the article...

"The second challenge is that the quarterback has to be able to make decisive option reads, plus be quick and tough enough to be the featured runner on power. Unless the quarterback is a dual-threat player, the offense can't fully execute Morris' philosophy."

hogsanddogs

Whatever Z.D. Connor is a complete package. I promise he can run. So he can run and throw (with accuracy) and go through his progressions. If baseball doesn't get him and he plays football, just watch. Also we already have some guys on the hill that will fit the system. Connor and a few others didn't fit C.B.'s system. Morris is a better fit. But keep thinking what you want.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LAfootball fan on December 14, 2017, 07:04:10 pm
All you guys keep forgetting there is another dual threat qb that  is going to be on campus.  Now whether Morris can get him to play football is another thing, but Justice Hill to me is just as good if not better than Bohannon.  The kid can run and throw and he looked dynamic running LRC's offense against Warren the  first game this  year.

Put the pipe down man...

zebradynasty

Quote from: hogsanddogs on December 15, 2017, 01:59:50 pm
Whatever Z.D. Connor is a complete package. I promise he can run. So he can run and throw (with accuracy) and go through his progressions. If baseball doesn't get him and he plays football, just watch. Also we already have some guys on the hill that will fit the system. Connor and a few others didn't fit C.B.'s system. Morris is a better fit. But keep thinking what you want.

You seem to take this personal! It's not like I said Noland was a bad player.

hogsanddogs

Let's bring all the Q.B.'s to the hill to compete. Not make assumptions based on watching  a few high school football games.

FridayNightFans

Put the pipe down man...

You beat me to the punch, Sugar.  Hill not even the best QB on the LRCA team last year and he's going to beat out real QBs like these in Fayetteville??  Played against Warren because the real QB got hurt.  That kid came back and threw for almost 3,000 yards and 40+ TDs.  I sure hope Morris can recruit someone better to run his offense than a 5' 10" basketball player.

rona

No doubt the LRCA QB was a good one, but the 5'10" player was best Athelet on that Team. Much like Norwood from Ft Smith that went to Oklahoma last year and ended up starting for them on Defense. Talent is Talent.

sheepdawg92

Quote from: rona on December 18, 2017, 08:55:07 am
No doubt the LRCA QB was a good one, but the 5'10" player was best Athelet on that Team. Much like Norwood from Ft Smith that went to Oklahoma last year and ended up starting for them on Defense. Talent is Talent.
agree

Iknewthemwhen

Not sure about our QB's.  Are they the type kids to play in Chad Morris' system?  I don't think they are ideal from a mobile QB standpoint.  The two recruits I'm not sure about either, Bohannon needs more experience against a much higher level and Noland is surrounded by a great program.  Hard to tell.  I'd love to see us get a high profile, mobile, strong armed kid from a large school who has played and won against superior talent and exhibits a strong accurate arm and quick release.
Oh well, it is Christmas season.

Redlinebacker32

I guess everyone has heard that Bohanon is going to be a Baylor Bear.

Eddie Goodson

I want the guy that thrives on competition. I want the guy that meets competitors for his position head on and takes his spot. The guy that doesn't want you to recruit another individual playing his position has self confidence issues.

JessieP

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 19, 2017, 06:44:44 pm
I want the guy that thrives on competition. I want the guy that meets competitors for his position head on and takes his spot. The guy that doesn't want you to recruit another individual playing his position has self confidence issues.

Eddie finishes 2017 with possibly the quote of the year, exactly! You want a QB that has a "Bring it on" attitude. In college defenses are going to come at you a lot harder than your teammates. Remember, we all want the best for the Hogs. State pride and high school pride are wonderful, we all have it. We all all very proud of our boys but remember, success on the 6A stage in no way shape or form translates to success in D1 Power 5 football. For all the attention and praise being heaped on both these young men let's realize neither one is a highly ranked National QB. We need to separate our love for our high school teams with our desire for the Razorbacks to win.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: JessieP on December 19, 2017, 07:08:30 pm
Eddie finishes 2017 with possibly the quote of the year, exactly! You want a QB that has a "Bring it on" attitude. In college defenses are going to come at you a lot harder than your teammates. Remember, we all want the best for the Hogs. State pride and high school pride are wonderful, we all have it. We all all very proud of our boys but remember, success on the 6A stage in no way shape or form translates to success in D1 Power 5 football. For all the attention and praise being heaped on both these young men let's realize neither one is a highly ranked National QB. We need to separate our love for our high school teams with our desire for the Razorbacks to win.
I will go you one farther. Name me one Arkansas High School produced QB of the last twenty years not named Tyler Wilson, last name Allen, or Matt Jones that played at an elite level at a power 5 school.

Tyler Wilson is it. I discount the Allen boys because they were tied to the UofA program and were really not Arkansas produced as such. And Matt Jones was a freak athlete played out of position. He was never a QB.

For whatever reason, Arkansas HS just don't produce elite level QBs. Now, having said that, there have been some very good prolific HS QBs over the years. Some have seen limited success at the college level, but none have been power five elite level QBs. That has hurt the Hogs recruiting as much as anything has. When you go two decades and have only had ONE QB that exceeded all expectations and played very well, you know you are hurting at the QB position.

Do I hope Noland is Greenwood's latest offering to break that stereotype and will be that elite QB? Absolutely. But if Bohanon chose Baylor because they were the ones who told him that he would stay at QB, and if he did want Noland's offer pulled as a condition, then we will end up with the best option for success for us in Noland.

I am sure to stir some passion for my stance and I can only say that someone just needs to go prove me wrong. I want to see Arkansas produced QBs in Heisman conversations and leading major college teams. 25 years with only one is very problematic.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 19, 2017, 06:44:44 pm
Amen

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: JessieP on December 19, 2017, 07:08:30 pm
Eddie finishes 2017 with possibly the quote of the year, exactly! You want a QB that has a "Bring it on" attitude. In college defenses are going to come at you a lot harder than your teammates. Remember, we all want the best for the Hogs. State pride and high school pride are wonderful, we all have it. We all all very proud of our boys but remember, success on the 6A stage in no way shape or form translates to success in D1 Power 5 football. For all the attention and praise being heaped on both these young men let's realize neither one is a highly ranked National QB.

Not real sure what your definition of "highly rated national QB" is, but Bohanon is #11 dual threat QB and Noland is #12 Pro-style QB in the country. And both are 4 stars. I'd say they're both pretty highly rated.

Eddie Goodson

Highly rated in high school means squat. I am talking a kid that is in the Heisman conversation or leading a major college program into a playoff berth in college. Mitch Mustain was the top rated in the country out of HS and we all saw that play out. Shoot, Crossett had the top QB prospect in the country back in the 70s and that meant nothing in college. Show me a guy that made to the top of the college football mountain that began as an Arkansas HS QB and you will have something rarer than a blue diamond.

Eddie Goodson

Signing an LOI in the Colosseum is the stuff legends are made of. Noland has me hooked now.

Wonderdog

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 20, 2017, 03:32:42 pm
Signing an LOI in the Colosseum is the stuff legends are made of. Noland has me hooked now.
yea, thats pretty cool

bleudog

December 22, 2017, 08:00:34 pm #49 Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:21:12 am by bleudog
Quote from: JessieP on December 09, 2017, 01:24:25 pm

John Stephen Jones' Highland Park team is playing in the 5A Division I state title game on Fox College Sports Channel.

HP is down 21 - 7 with about 6 minutes left in the second quarter.  HP scored on a trick play.  JSJ has been sacked probably half a dozen times.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas