• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JUNCTION CITY vs RIVERCREST @ WAR MEMORIAL STADIUM DEC 8 2017

Started by ISU7, December 01, 2017, 09:38:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who you got for the 2017 3A title

JC
73 (60.3%)
RC
48 (39.7%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Coltfan2005

Unacceptable behaviors include:

• Yelling or chanting at opponents.

• Making derogatory yells, chants, songs, or gestures, (i.e. "air ball," "miss it," "Hit the Road Jack.")

• Booing or heckling officials or opposing team.

• Criticizing officials in any way; displays of temper with an official's call.

• Refusing to shake hands or to recognize a good performance.

• Blaming losses on contest officials, coaches, or participants.

• Laughing or name-calling to distract an opponent.

• Using profanity or displays of anger that draw attention away from the contest.

• Doing own yells instead of following lead of cheerleaders.

• Demeaning acts such as audible remarks, actions, or gestures (i.e. turning backward during introductions, holding up newspapers, shaking car keys, comments after each player is introduced, etc.)

According to the handbook the following sportsmanship rules are effective at all AAA state events:

• General face/body painting is not permitted. Partial face painting is permitted such as small markings on the cheeks.

• All signs must show only positive support. Those which direct negative comments towards opponents or are unsportsmanlike or vulgar are not permitted. No handheld signs, banners, pennants, or poms are permitted at any AAA state play-off or champion- ship event. Poms are allowed at outdoor events.

• Artificial noisemakers shall not be used at any indoor event. Artificial noisemakers are items such as, but not limited to, megaphones, air horns, bells, whistles, clickers, thunder sticks, explosive devices, tape/CD players, and radios.

• Balloons are not permitted at any AAA state play-off or championship event.

• Bare chests are not permitted. Shirts must be worn.

• Throwing objects onto the playing area be- fore, during, or after a contest is not permitted. At no time before, during, or after a contest shall spectators be permitted to enter the playing field. Verbal harassment or derogatory remarks directed toward an opponent or official are not permitted. Spectators are not permitted to hold up newspapers while teams are being introduced or when teams, cheerleaders, or dance teams are performing.

• Instant replays of controversial calls are prohibited.

Pretty sure the game won't be indoors.

cuz

dragondad

Exactly, Not Indoors..... but apparently War Memorial has their own rules.  Many were concerned about the bells last night at JC, so I had the rules on hand just in case something came up.  Although, JC Admin did ban air horns and whistles.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: dragondad on December 02, 2017, 06:09:41 pm
Exactly, Not Indoors..... but apparently War Memorial has their own rules.  Many were concerned about the bells last night at JC, so I had the rules on hand just in case something came up.  Although, JC Admin did ban air horns and whistles.

JC not going by AAA rules? :)

dragondad

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 02, 2017, 06:10:36 pm
JC not going by AAA rules? :)

Believe me, I wasn't happy about it...... Myself and several others did all we could this week to motivate our fans to get up and get loud for our guys.  They did a pretty good job of it too, but there's always room for improvement.  LOL

Coltfan2005

I do kind of understand the ban on whistles. Using those during a game is pretty classless.

bleudog

dragondad

It's a case of AAA sets the minimum standards and I suppose the district itself can be more strict, but not leas.

I still don't like the "no Noise makers at all rule" by AN.

At the GNR concert you couldn't even have cigs and a lighter, and couldn't exit to smoke....but the peoole two rows in front of us smoked no less than three joints all through the concert.

Coltfan2005

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on December 02, 2017, 05:39:48 pm
Was told that the didn't allow ANY artificial noise makers at the State game last night.   I guess AAA rule book is once again not THE rule book.

Not AAA that doesn't allow that. It's war memorial.

dragondad

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on December 02, 2017, 06:09:41 pm

Since I have watched about 6 JC games this year. That was the loudest I've heard JC since Dancy was a senior.

bleudog

Quote from: dragondad on December 02, 2017, 09:28:31 pm
Yeah, you're about four posts to late.  LOL

That's what happens on a Saturday night when one smokes too many cowbells.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: bleudog on December 02, 2017, 09:36:53 pm
That's what happens on a Saturday night when one smokes too many cowbells.

Cowbowls. You mean?

cuz

Quick stats Maxpreps
Junction City
Receiving Yards Per Game   118.7
Rushing Yards Per Game   344.4
Total TDs   80
Tackles Per Game   53.7
Sacks   24.0
Interceptions   16

Rivercrest
Receiving Yards Per Game   52.1
Rushing Yards Per Game   287.6
Total TDs   70
Tackles Per Game   69.2
Sacks   18.0
Interceptions   15

ISU7

Quote from: amehr36 on December 02, 2017, 10:38:56 am
Now this is a guy who gets it. Good luck next Friday, bro.
Its really not the RC posters who are saying anything, we know JC will be out to get revenge from that 2nd rd loss at Crest last season. I've followed JC football a long time, even when they were in 2A they could beat most teams in 3A.  Coach Carp was a darn good coach and mentor. Good luck too both teams. 8)

Wildcat_Booster

Quote from: thabeast428 on December 02, 2017, 08:10:02 am
But we always find a way to win and they won't have to spot us anything. Jc by 16

JC was lucky to survive the play offs-2 weeks ago they had 3 fumbles on that last drive and recovered all 3, that's luck. Last week they fumbled in the end zone and recovered, that's lucky. Friday Ocseola was running it at will on their last drive and running clock but coach calls pass play inside the 25, interception, that's stupid play calling. I read where the QB was all this, had a strong arm but he didn't look good to me. Wobbly passes and under thrown. Neither D can tackle, If Rivercrest D can tackle someone, JC will have a long night.

dragondad

ISU7

Quote from: dragondad on December 03, 2017, 07:50:27 am
A long night like El Dorado had against Searcy?
Lol true and he trying to bash a coach for play calling.smh

thabeast428

Jc QB would start on any team, maybe not QB but would start. Sounds like jealousy since y'all got put out early

eldofan

Quote from: Wildcat_Booster on December 03, 2017, 07:24:04 am
JC was lucky to survive the play offs-2 weeks ago they had 3 fumbles on that last drive and recovered all 3, that's luck. Last week they fumbled in the end zone and recovered, that's lucky. Friday Ocseola was running it at will on their last drive and running clock but coach calls pass play inside the 25, interception, that's stupid play calling. I read where the QB was all this, had a strong arm but he didn't look good to me. Wobbly passes and under thrown. Neither D can tackle, If Rivercrest D can tackle someone, JC will have a long night.
why do u have such hatred for all other Union County Schools ?

THA TRUTH

Wildcat_Booster

Quote from: eldofan on December 03, 2017, 10:35:27 am
why do u have such hatred for all other Union County Schools ?
Why do all other County Schools hate EL Dorado so much is the better question. But I don't hate any of them. I'm watching as an outsider not a homer and I haven't seen that good of a team especially on Defense. Offense is pretty good, but Osceola's didn't tackle or it would have been a different game and their QB wasn't as good as the article in the paper made him out to be. Go back and watch it without blinders on and you will see. And  when EL Dorado plays terrible I always call that out. Searcy should never have came down here and beat them, much less by that score. Bad play calling and Defense thought it was going to be easy.

dragondad

You've been on here talking trash about JC for the last three or four weeks, don't act like all of a sudden you're  just offering some unbiased analysis.

eldofan

Quote from: Wildcat_Booster on December 03, 2017, 01:55:25 pm
  Why do all other County Schools hate EL Dorado so much is the better question. But I don't hate any of them. I'm watching as an outsider not a homer and I haven't seen that good of a team especially on Defense. Offense is pretty good, but Osceola's didn't tackle or it would have been a different game and their QB wasn't as good as the article in the paper made him out to be. Go back and watch it without blinders on and you will see. And  when EL Dorado plays terrible I always call that out. Searcy should never have came down here and beat them, much less by that score. Bad play calling and Defense thought it was going to be easy.
Ive been watching Jc the last few weeks . I disagree with your analysis. I see a very physical defense . 5 is a bull dozier . He just runs over folks . To be the smallest school in 3a outside HA I've been impressed . When 5 ahd 8 decide they want to take a game over and 3 in the fourth quarter they do it .

thabeast428

I don't have a problem with eldo but when u talk crap about us I'm gonna say something about y'all lol just the way it is. I would of loved to see Union county teams win state again like it was 5 or 6 years ago

THA TRUTH

Seems like only one of em can hold up their end of the deal so far

Coltfan2005

If we can get past Union County...
I have a hard time seeing Rivercrest winning this one. Team is so banged up, freshmen filling slots. #1 running back out, Linebackers decimated, and the list goes on. If the Colts had ALL their linebackers playing, I see a different game. I do believe the starters could partially stop that powerful JC run game. If the Dragons continue the penalties and turnovers, the Colt offense must take advantage of each and every one. Neutral field helps both teams and hurts both teams. The Colt linebackers will be the difference one way or the other.

However, it's a state championship game and I am a homer. I pick the Colts.

Coltfan2005

amehr36

luxora4life

Quote from: amehr36 on December 03, 2017, 07:19:34 pm
I pick the colts.... To score 14.

It's possible, Junction City defense is playing lights out.  HA -30 pts.  Clinton - 43 pts.  Osceola - 38 pts.

bleudog

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 03, 2017, 06:15:31 pm
If we can get past Union County...
I have a hard time seeing Rivercrest winning this one. Team is so banged up, freshmen filling slots. #1 running back out, Linebackers decimated, and the list goes on. If the Colts had ALL their linebackers playing, I see a different game. I do believe the starters could partially stop that powerful JC run game. If the Dragons continue the penalties and turnovers, the Colt offense must take advantage of each and every one. Neutral field helps both teams and hurts both teams. The Colt linebackers will be the difference one way or the other.

However, it's a state championship game and I am a homer. I pick the Colts.

CF5, you need to change your password.  Lou Holtz has hijacked your FF account.

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on December 03, 2017, 08:00:39 pm
CF5, you need to change your password.  Lou Holtz has hijacked your FF account.
Sweet bleu but he might not be old enough to comprehend....😉

bleudog

Quote from: luxora4life on December 03, 2017, 07:54:40 pm
It's possible, Junction City defense is playing lights out.  HA -30 pts.  Clinton - 43 pts.  Osceola - 38 pts.

What is this thing called "defense" of which you speak?

luxora4life

Quote from: bleudog on December 03, 2017, 08:11:38 pm
What is this thing called "defense" of which you speak?

I would allow amehr36 to elaborate on it.

dragondad

Quote from: luxora4life on December 03, 2017, 07:54:40 pm

Hey, they could've scores more so.......  LOL

bleudog

Quote from: dragondad on December 03, 2017, 08:41:49 pm
Hey, they could've scores more so.......  LOL

The key is JC did score more than the numbers listed.  ;D

DragonBorn

Hope to see this game, but have other obligations. Go dragons

Coltfan2005

Quote from: cuz on December 03, 2017, 08:05:25 pm
Sweet bleu but he might not be old enough to comprehend....😉

Lou Holtz? Wasn't he a wrestler?

bleudog

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 03, 2017, 09:21:20 pm
Lou Holtz? Wasn't he a wrestler?

Not a bad guess but that was Lou Thez. 

The wrestler didn't do as much poor-mouthing as the football coach though.

bootlegger

does anyone know if this game will be on tv or streamed?

bleudog

Calpreps after week 14:

Junction City
Rating:  #1    
District:  3A Region 6   
Overall Record:  13-0   
District Record:  7-0 (1st)   
Power Rating:  37.1   
SOS:  11.1   
Opponents Record:  88-65
WINS:
#1210 Osceola (AR) (44-38),
#2103 McGehee (AR) (64-38),
#2275 Clinton (AR) (50-43),
#4472 Harding Academy (Searcy, AR) (31-30),
#4717 Smackover (AR) (36-14),
#6140 Haynesville (LA) (48-20),
#6919 Bearden (AR) (50-26),
#7125 Fordyce (AR) (50-14),
#7658 Fouke (AR) (50-0),
#9633 Genoa Central (Texarkana, AR) (54-14),
#9850 England (AR) (50-0),
#10682 Lakeside (Lake Village, AR) (36-24),
#11597 Drew Central (Monticello, AR) (60-6),
LOSSES:
none      

Rivercrest
Rating:  #2    
District:  3A Region 3   
Overall Record:  12-2
District Record:  6-1 (t 1st)   
Power Rating:  35.2   
SOS:  15.6   
Opponents Record:  89-72
WINS:
#1210 Osceola (AR) (28-25),
#1498 Gosnell (AR) (14-7),
#2103 McGehee (AR) (18-13),
#2522 Mayflower (AR) (41-14),
#3896 Piggott (AR) (48-6),
#4553 Hoxie (AR) (43-33),
#5733 Melbourne (AR) (37-8),
#6322 Bald Knob (AR) (34-21),
#6688 Paragould (AR) (41-6),
#8783 Walnut Ridge (AR) (49-7),
#9432 Manila (AR) (48-6),
#11904 Corning (AR) (41-6),
LOSSES:
#1691 Valley View (Jonesboro, AR) (32-29),
#2477 Newport (AR) (28-14)                     

bleudog

Quote from: bootlegger on December 03, 2017, 10:00:06 pm

If it's like it has been, JC won't stream video live.  Not sure what it is now, but there has been a significant fee to get live video rights.  They have in the past recorded the game for broadcast a few days later.  They have done live audio.

Fox 16 (in conjunction with FF) has shown the games but it's broadcast area is fairly limited to central Arkansas.  Here's what they did last weekend:  http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/5a-6a-7a-state-championship-games-set/863540771

Here's a subscription link endorsed by AAA:  http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/aaa/57f31abdf0

Free radio should be available here:  http://1037thebuzz.com/listenlive/

cuz

Quote from: bootlegger on December 03, 2017, 10:00:06 pm
You can watch it pay Tv. I know the stream you can watch on Sat. a day after...

ISU7

Quote from: thabeast428 on December 03, 2017, 08:14:33 am
Jc QB would start on any team, maybe not QB but would start. Sounds like jealousy since y'all got put out early
Im guessing he was talking about Osceola qb.

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on December 03, 2017, 10:06:37 pm
If it's like it has been, JC won't stream it live.  Not sure what it is now, but there has been a significant fee to get live video rights.  They have in the past recorded the game for broadcast a few days later.

Fox 16 (in conjunction with FF) has shown the games but it's broadcast area is fairly limited to central Arkansas.  Here's what they did last weekend:  http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/5a-6a-7a-state-championship-games-set/863540771

Here's a subscription link endorsed by AAA:  http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/aaa/57f31abdf0

Free radio should be available here:  http://1037thebuzz.com/listenlive/
Didnt see this post bleu but thanks....

Nomad1324

I know NE Arkansas will have radio feed (and on the Tune In App) on 95.3 The Ticket out of Jonesboro.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas