• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA at Nettleton

Started by PA Dad, November 17, 2017, 10:33:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jwright1076

I hate to say this but this will be a good game but i will pick Nettleton on this game. And the reason i pick nettleton is because if you notice PA have always play every game in PULASKI COUNTY even on the road has been PULASKI COUNTY but the one time that they didn't and they end up playing Monticello and lost on the road badly. But i must say Nettleton defense is very crazy. They have number 25 TY COX that's getting to the QB every play or breaking up in the hole every play. He is the best linebacker in the state and then he has number 7 on defense that's running a 4.3 in a 40 yard dash helping on the back end. But enough of this long post Nettleton will win but at least 3. I'm Predicting the score of Nettleton 35 PA 28.

PA Bruin Fan

We beat Sand Springs in OK, and Beebe is in White county.

Yellowcake

Quote from: jwright1076 on November 24, 2017, 08:22:48 am
I hate to say this but this will be a good game but i will pick Nettleton on this game. And the reason i pick nettleton is because if you notice PA have always play every game in PULASKI COUNTY even on the road has been PULASKI COUNTY but the one time that they didn't and they end up playing Monticello and lost on the road badly. But i must say Nettleton defense is very crazy. They have number 25 TY COX that's getting to the QB every play or breaking up in the hole every play. He is the best linebacker in the state and then he has number 7 on defense that's running a 4.3 in a 40 yard dash helping on the back end. But enough of this long post Nettleton will win but at least 3. I'm Predicting the score of Nettleton 35 PA 28.

Yellowcake

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 24, 2017, 10:33:34 am

Historically we have done quite well on the road, winning in places like Kentucky, Florida, Texas and at various venues throughout Arkansas. I think we can handle the east side of Jonesboogie.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 24, 2017, 10:36:50 am
Historically we have done quite well on the road, winning in places like Kentucky, Florida, Texas and at various venues throughout Arkansas. I think we can handle the east side of Jonesboogie.

No way. Nettleton has the best home field advantage and your players will underachieve like no other time.

I think PA turns the ball over 8 times and let's Nettleton return 3 onside kicks for touchdowns, and pulls out a close victory 63-28

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 24, 2017, 10:40:01 am
No way. Nettleton has the best home field advantage and your players will underachieve like no other time.

I think PA turns the ball over 8 times and let's Nettleton return 3 onside kicks for touchdowns, and pulls out a close victory 63-28

I think MDX is right; no way we will be able to keep it close like Sylvan Hills did  :-\

PA Bruin Fan

I'm trying to remember but I think that Monticello loss was in 2009.

walkingguy72396

PA should not even attempt an onside kick in this game.  If they do it will be a sure touchdown for the Raiders.  In fact do not even attempt a pass it will end up in a sack or interception.

When PA gets the ball in this game they should just put it down on the ground and let the Raiders pick it up.  It is the Bruins only hope of leaving Raider Stadium in one piece.

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 24, 2017, 01:03:12 pm
I'm trying to remember but I think that Monticello loss was in 2009.

Yes and PA won on the road at Greenwood the week before.

Our starting halfback was in the hospital for the Monti game and his back up got hurt in the 1st quarter and the 2nd back up (a 9th grader in the first half). We played Monti without a running back all 2nd half and lost by 2 scores to the eventual undefeated state champions

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: Overdahill on November 24, 2017, 01:10:38 pm
Yes and PA won on the road at Greenwood the week before.

Our starting halfback was in the hospital for the Monti game and his back up got hurt in the 1st quarter and the 2nd back up (a 9th grader in the first half). We played Monti without a running back all 2nd half and lost by 2 scores to the eventual undefeated state champions
Awesome games, I remember now. 

Overdahill

Maynard G Krebs

Getting ready for the trip.  Had a turkey biscuit for breakfast, a turkey sandwich for lunch and ready for some Raider meat for dinner😜😜😜😜

Go Bruins

jwright1076

I want all y'all to think that PA is about to blast pass nettleton y'all sleeping on us and we about to surprise that ahhhhh with a butt whooping......our defense bout to rush every play.....heck better yet watch us rush 7 and play 4 back and watch we stop everything. Y'all think Little Rock Parkview gave y'all a run just wait till y'all see us. It's game time baby.....get ready to eat crow. Y'all down us all season but we wouldn't be in the semi finals for nothing

MDXPHD

Quote from: jwright1076 on November 24, 2017, 04:25:26 pm
I want all y'all to think that PA is about to blast pass nettleton y'all sleeping on us and we about to surprise that ahhhhh with a butt whooping......our defense bout to rush every play.....heck better yet watch us rush 7 and play 4 back and watch we stop everything. Y'all think Little Rock Parkview gave y'all a run just wait till y'all see us. It's game time baby.....get ready to eat crow. Y'all down us all season but we wouldn't be in the semi finals for nothing

You're gonna be like ghost I think.

A D M

I'm fixing to head out to the game to get my seat and get ready to cheer the Raiders on to victory. Raider Pride is Justified!

MDXPHD

Quote from: A D M on November 24, 2017, 05:44:03 pm
I'm fixing to head out to the game to get my seat and get ready to cheer the Raiders on to victory. Raider Pride is Justified!

Don't say we didn't warn you.

A D M

Will the game be streaming tonight?

PA Bruin Fan

I hope it's a great game and no players get hurt

Maynard G Krebs

43-7 With  5 minutes til half.    PA recovered 2 onside kicks.   Scores 80 yd pass on first offensive play. Defense had two early 4th down stops.  Playing very well

Deuceswild

I was hoping for a football game tonight, guess i will watch the McMuffin game instead

MDXPHD

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 24, 2017, 08:11:06 pm
I was hoping for a football game tonight, guess i will watch the McMuffin game instead

PA has been involved in one football game all season and that woke them up.

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 24, 2017, 08:15:32 pm
PA has been involved in one football game all season and that woke them up.

almost learned that hard way that sleepwalking thru a game is dangerous

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 24, 2017, 08:11:05 pm
43-7 With  5 minutes til half.    PA recovered 2 onside kicks.   Scores 80 90 yd :D  pass on first offensive play. Defense had two early 4th down stops.  Playing very well

PA Dad

Quote from: jwright1076 on November 24, 2017, 04:25:26 pm

I like a fan who is confident about his team.  But, maybe you were a bit too boastful?

Grond

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 24, 2017, 08:11:05 pm
43-7 With  5 minutes til half.    PA recovered 2 onside kicks.   Scores 80 yd pass on first offensive play. Defense had two early 4th down stops.  Playing very well

Yup. I was there in the Nettleton stands. PA didn't throw an incomplete pass until more than 9 minutes had gone by in the 1st qtr.  :-[

The back-to-back onside recoveries were devastating.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Grond on November 24, 2017, 10:54:45 pm
Yup. I was there in the Nettleton stands. PA didn't throw an incomplete pass until more than 9 minutes had gone by in the 1st qtr.  :-[

The back-to-back onside recoveries were devastating.

The first defensive hold, first TD and those kicks sealed the deal. 
Though the PA crowd was really good.
Got a chuckle with the Raiders feigning the onside kick a couple of times.  Guess they were trying get a dig on the Bruins.

Congrats to the Raiders on a great season to to the Bruins for a return visit to WMS

PA Bruin Fan

That Nettleton coach that practically clotheslined our QB (not entirely, but very close) as he ran out of bounds was super classy.  He evidently had some words for the PA player as well.  Sounds like the whole thing was caught on video. 

Yellowcake

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 25, 2017, 12:20:41 am
That Nettleton coach that practically clotheslined our QB (not entirely, but very close) as he ran out of bounds was super classy.  He evidently had some words for the PA player as well.  Sounds like the whole thing was caught on video.

It is on video. I saw it live and on the video.  I have never seen anything like it in a high school game. Hatcher handled it well. The ref should have flagged and ejected the coach.

As for the rest of the Nettleton players and fans, thumbs up. Good environment and the kids played hard. Never laid down.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 25, 2017, 01:10:44 am
It is on video. I saw it live and on the video.  I have never seen anything like it in a high school game. Hatcher handled it well. The ref should have flagged and ejected the coach.

As for the rest of the Nettleton players and fans, thumbs up. Good environment and the kids played hard. Never laid down.

Excellent point about the rest of the fans and players.  Packed house on both sides of the field made for a great atmosphere!

MDXPHD

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 25, 2017, 01:10:44 am

I saw Hatcher pleading his case with the ref to no avail. That kind of stuff needs to be directed to AAA and major disciplinary actions need to be carried out. No place for that in high school ball.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 25, 2017, 12:20:41 am

I missed that event.  Thought Woody Hayes had died.

STBruin

I missed it during the game, but checked it out on HUDL... it's very clear!!!

Grond

Observations:

PA WAS "ON" - Whether it was onside kicks or pass routes or line of scrimmage domination or group tackling, PA was executing. As I said above, PA didn't even throw an incomplete pass until the end of the 1st quarter.

And that's it. Usually I say, "Netty could have done this" or "should have done that." Nettleton was overmatched. PA made a fast 5A team look slow. I watch a lot of NCAA D2 football, and PA's passing execution reminded me more of those college teams than high school teams.

There are things I would like to have seen Nettleton do differently, but it would not have mattered.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: STBruin on November 25, 2017, 08:52:26 am
I missed it during the game, but checked it out on HUDL... it's very clear!!!

I've seen the video.  No excuse for the 2 handed shove the coach put on the player.   

walkingguy72396

I watched the play.  Thought the shove was too forceful.
Contact was warranted to keep from being mowed down. 
Coach may of saved himself a trip to the dentist.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 25, 2017, 12:05:10 pm
I watched the play.  Thought the shove was too forceful.
Contact was warranted to keep from being mowed down. 
Coach may of saved himself a trip to the dentist.

different perspectives I guess

STBruin

Coach initiated the contact...not protecting himself at all.

Hatchet

Quote from: STBruin on November 25, 2017, 12:41:41 pm
Coach initiated the contact...not protecting himself at all.
Can you post the video?

Blazer51

Does anyone know a round about time I could skip to so I can see that?

PA Bruin Fan

November 25, 2017, 01:06:27 pm #90 Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 01:27:18 pm by PA Bruin Fan
Quote from: Blazer51 on November 25, 2017, 12:52:12 pm
Does anyone know a round about time I could skip to so I can see that?

On the live stream it was at 1:17:00.  You can find that recording on the PA athletics Facebook page.  It was during 2Q, a 3rd down and 10 play. 

Here is the link:   https://www.facebook.com/groups/45111848222/permalink/10155940308173223/

From the visitors side angle of view you can see that coach laid out Layne.

Freight Train

Bottom line on the coach pushing the PA player is that it was classless and in my opinion warrants some kind of discipline. Most coaches in that situation would help catch or slow the opposing player down coming into their sideline. This reflects poorly on Nettleton...and I'm glad they got beat as bad as they did with this kind of coach on their team.

walkingguy72396

Another thing Id like addressed since Im no referee.  When I watched the kick offs.  The PA kickers non kicking leg is placed in front  of the the football and the 40 yard line before the kicking foot strikes the football.  Is this totally legal?  Could the kicker be flagged for being off-sides?

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 25, 2017, 01:44:30 pm
Another thing Id like addressed since Im no referee.  When I watched the kick offs.  The PA kickers non kicking leg is placed in front  of the the football and the 40 yard line before the kicking foot strikes the football.  Is this totally legal?  Could the kicker be flagged for being off-sides?

Plant foot is not considered off sides.  Even on most deep kick offs a soccer style kicker's plant foot will be slightly in front of the ball.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas