• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How can Southside make the Playoffs (Your very own thread)

Started by Oldbadger, October 21, 2017, 06:29:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

High Voltage

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 30, 2017, 11:38:00 am
Should SS quit because they can't get the 1-4 seed? The good thing about their current team is they appear to give their all and have positive attitudes win or lose. I am pretty sure you will find plenty in Fort Smith with a desire to win.
Not saying they should quit at all. That is not what I am implying. I am saying that nobody should be happy being a 5 or 6 seed.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: High Voltage on October 30, 2017, 12:22:16 pm
Not saying they should quit at all. That is not what I am implying. I am saying that nobody should be happy being a 5 or 6 seed.

Amen to that. 5 is better than 6 though and at this point it is what it is. Hoping for better years ahead.

Grizzlyfan

So as it stands now.  If NS beats SS and Catholic beats Central.  Three teams with 2-5 record for two playoff spots .  NS would have beaten SS, SS would have beaten Catholic, Catholic would have been NS.  Who gets the last two spots?

High Voltage

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on October 30, 2017, 04:01:11 pm
So as it stands now.  If NS beats SS and Catholic beats Central.  Three teams with 2-5 record for two playoff spots .  NS would have beaten SS, SS would have beaten Catholic, Catholic would have been NS.  Who gets the last two spots?
It would go to points, don't know about it then. Alot would depend on if NS beats SS by 13 or more points.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: High Voltage on October 30, 2017, 04:06:53 pm
It would go to points, don't know about it then. Alot would depend on if NS beats SS by 13 or more points.

Catholic is already -7 against SS and NS so they are out in three way tie with NS and SS. Northside with just a 1 point win would be -5. Southside would be +12.

bulldogger15

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 30, 2017, 08:26:06 pm
Catholic is already -7 against SS and NS so they are out in three way tie with NS and SS. Northside with just a 1 point win would be -5. Southside would be +12.
This is ridiculous.

Northside = TERRIBLE

Southside = TERRIBLE

LR Catholic = TERRIBLE

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Brian G

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 30, 2017, 09:12:37 pm
This is ridiculous.

Northside = TERRIBLE

Southside = TERRIBLE

LR Catholic = TERRIBLE

GO BULLDOGS!!!
Do you like toast?

Hope so cause you've burnt your last tolerance atom from me.

bulldogger15

Quote from: B.G. on October 30, 2017, 09:37:13 pm
Do you like toast?

Hope so cause you've burnt your last tolerance atom from me.
Big man aren't you B.G? Master of all posts.......

I will not play your games and I will not take your threats lightly. GUARANTEED.

By the way, I love toast. Got some for me? YUUUUUMMY!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 31, 2017, 08:48:07 am

I will not play your games and I will not take your threats lightly. GUARANTEED.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Be careful!

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on October 30, 2017, 11:33:09 am
Just a few takeaways from this post.

#1. I watched Harber vs.West. West was better on both sides of the ball. The line scrimmage on both sides West was much better. Harber cannot throw, or at least they couldn't vs. West. Harber is beatable and you had better hope you get the 5 rather than the 6 because you haven't a chance against Fayetteville. I actually think SS can beat Harber.

One game ain't enough to make that decision. I've already alluded to HarBers terrible run on TO's during the losing streak. I've watched multiple Bennie/Bennie West games this season. Neither of them were better than NLR, Bryant (with the starting QB), or even the UofG for that matter. IMHO

#2. If you would have gotten the #4 seed, this is a different era of Bennie teams. SS has no history against West. I saw both West and SS play and West is much better and their coaching staff is very good. SS may not fear Bennie, but beating either Bennie is not even doable for SS.

Southside has beaten a #1 ranked Bennie team 3 times in the past seven years....it's just something that Southside teams don't consider as something that is not overcomable. Unlike Greenwood with HarBer, Bryant, Conway, PA etc.

#3. You can live with the #5 seed as long as you beat NS? Is that what it has come down to in Fort Smith? Those are some pretty low expectations these days.

Sure, that's exactly what I am saying. We are just proud to limp into an already washed down playoff system just so that we can stroke our heinous lack of pride and self-esteem. Our washed up, has been program led by that, as you have named multiple times this year, "horrible" Coach Jeff Williams is grasping for any possible shred of relevance as the entire program go down the drain....*sarcasm*. What I am saying, and outside of your feeble attemp at fishing, is that Southside is playing the hand that we have dealt ourselves and looking for a road to another Championship. We've won it from the #4 seed before, and even made it to the semi's from a #5 seed (beating a #1 ranked Bennie team twice in the same season) The bottom line is that the lowly Mavericks have exactly as many State Championships as the "god" of coaches Rick Jones teams have. No one expected the last 4 Southside teams to win a State Championship....EVERYBODY expected the UofG to win the last four. Unfortunately for the GW faithful, all that superior D1 talent and "the best coach in the state" had it's heart broken by 3 seperate teams with, at least according to you boys, "lesser talent and subpar coaches".

Now, who needs to do some explaining? Superior talent and superior coaching=no championships. We are all acutely aware that you think that the 'ol Mavericks program is almost dead and needs a miracle to stay alive. I might venture that the UofG may need to find a local ENT guy, because only a good throat doctor can cure a bad case of the "chokes".

#notrophiesinDecember

Baitshop

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 31, 2017, 08:48:07 am

GO MAVERICKS!!!

BG...."FEARLESS FRIDAY ADMINISTRATOR" actually does mean "master of all posts".

I think that he is bluffing...he ain't gonna tangle with THE Bulldogger15. If I were you, I would tell him to kiss your UofG butt and do whatever you, by gawd, wanted to do. I think that he will turn tail and run...

GO GET HIM, big boy!!

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Baitshop on October 31, 2017, 09:17:13 am

Why do you put #notrophiesindecember on your thread?    We all know that Southside doesn't even play in December, but why bash your own team?  Doesn't make sense.

zebradynasty

PrivateLesson

I don't think BG is bluffing.......maybe playing a little trick or treat?? 

7AFBFAN

Would someone please give the troll a juice box for goodness sakes. He hasn't had one in almost 5 years. For the record the troll stands no chance against B.G. 

PrivateLesson

zebradynasty

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 31, 2017, 10:17:00 am
Would someone please give the troll a juice box for goodness sakes. He hasn't had one in almost 5 years. For the record the troll stands no chance against B.G. 

Well BG has mellowed over the years back in the day...he would be distant memory by now!

High Voltage

Baitshop

But they got beat one of those two years and immediately cancelled both of them. If you beat Greenwood in a two year home and home, it's the last time you'll get to play 'em because Greenwood is on the run to Oklahoma for a new Patsy.

Baitshop

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 31, 2017, 10:24:01 am
Unless....he know's B.G.?    Who knows!!   ???

I've known BG for seven or eight years, had dinner with him a time or two, see him at Southside/Fayetteville basketball game, and I can assure you, he will ban you whether he knows you or not.

Baitshop

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 31, 2017, 10:41:21 am
Well BG has mellowed over the years back in the day...he would be distant memory by now!

I agree. Quiet Franlky, ever since he had his transgender surgery, he has mellowed quite a bit.

It is amazing what a set of cajones will do for your agressive attitude....

bulldogger15

October 31, 2017, 05:29:54 pm #71 Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 06:08:13 pm by bulldogger15
Quote from: Baitshop on October 31, 2017, 04:06:50 pm
I agree, Quiet Franlky, ever since he had his transgender surgery, he has mellowed quite a bit.
You must know him much better than most Bait-n-switch. I'll take your word for it.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Baitshop

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 31, 2017, 05:29:54 pm
You must know him much better than most Bait-n-switch. I'll tale your word for it.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Neh, you Johnny-come-lately's from the UofG just don't know about the board pre Rick Jones. This place used to be rockin' back in the day...

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 31, 2017, 04:01:55 pm
But they got beat one of those two years and immediately cancelled both of them. If you beat Greenwood in a two year home and home, it's the last time you'll get to play 'em because Greenwood is on the run to Oklahoma for a new Patsy.
They done have two patsy's, SS and NS.

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 31, 2017, 05:35:38 pm
Neh, you Johnny-come-lately's from the UofG just don't know about the board pre Rick Jones. This place used to be rockin' back in the day...
So true, but it has not been so great as of late.

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on October 31, 2017, 08:44:38 pm
They done have two patsy's, SS and NS.

Drop 'em!! Ain't nobody holdin' a gun to CRJ to play Southside and/or Northside.

It's already been proven that the Bulldogs run from teams that beat them. Who knows, maybe Pocola and Krebs will have an opening on their schedules....maybe the "Foundation" will pay them $20K to come play you boys....how much were you boys paying Lift for Life to come down and stroke your egos??

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on October 31, 2017, 08:46:36 pm
So true, but it has not been so great as of late.

No doubt about that. A bunch of the big time players here on the board got bored 2 or 3 years ago and moved on...

The Southside, Bennie, Fayetteville, HarBer, and NLR threads used to be epic...

Shoot, the GW threads used to be good when Pr8hd, RD, B.S., Coach Venny, The Padre, RGP, Smithian, etc. used to be regular posters. Nowadays, you boys would be crying in the corner from some of the stuff that was said a few years ago...GOOD GOLLY, it was fun back in the day....

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 31, 2017, 09:13:00 pm
Drop 'em!! Ain't nobody holdin' a gun to CRJ to play Southside and/or Northside.

It's already been proven that the Bulldogs run from teams that beat them. Who knows, maybe Pocola and Krebs will have an opening on their schedules....maybe the "Foundation" will pay them $20K to come play you boys....how much were you boys paying Lift for Life to come down and stroke your egos??

Hahahaha, NS and SS would have to BEAT GW for them to run!

High Voltage

High Voltage

So how does it shake out with Southside and Northside seeding wise?

Baitshop

NS wins by +13 and gets HarBer @ HarBer next week...

SS takes a humiliating butt whippin' and has to go to Fayetteville....

No es bueno...

PrivateLesson

7AFBFAN

Don't count on it. Weird game last night. I would have thought we run some of our good plays from the year but instead we tried to change back to a run up the middle team. Heas scratcher. Two 3-7 seasons in a row.  Really?

High Voltage

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 04, 2017, 08:27:49 am
Don't count on it. Weird game last night. I would have thought we run some of our good plays from the year but instead we tried to change back to a run up the middle team. Heas scratcher. Two 3-7 seasons in a row.  Really?
I know I give you SS guys some grief but seriously, I see so much talent up there in my opinion just going to waste. It's not the talent pool in my opinion. I think you guys have the talent to be very competitive every year. Big lines, fast kids all over the field.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: High Voltage on November 04, 2017, 08:48:41 am
I know I give you SS guys some grief but seriously, I see so much talent up there in my opinion just going to waste. It's not the talent pool in my opinion. I think you guys have the talent to be very competitive every year. Big lines, fast kids all over the field.
So, you think it's Coaching problems? 

High Voltage

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 04, 2017, 08:27:49 am
Quote from: PrivateLesson on November 04, 2017, 08:54:38 am
So, you think it's Coaching problems? 
Just saying the talent is there, you do the math. Sometimes complacency sets in.

High Voltage

So Bait, the trek begins for the trophy in December. Good luck!

Baitshop

As my wife always says..."it could happen, you never know?"

Fayetteville has been a tough row to hoe for us anyway....after losing Ricardo Savoy, it only gets tougher...

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on November 04, 2017, 01:29:56 pm
As my wife always says..."it could happen, you never know?"

Fayetteville has been a tough row to hoe for us anyway....after losing Ricardo Savoy, it only gets tougher...
What position does he play?

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on November 04, 2017, 04:22:44 pm
What position does he play?

RB- #24  Went for 250+ yards from scrimmage last week. KEY member of the kick-off teams.

High Voltage

So just to put a wrap on this, I guess that trophies are not won in November as well! Bait, your dynamic Harber team that would be the greatest high school football team on earth if not for TO's lost to, oooohhhh wait for it Northside! Sorry, but TO's are part of the game. ;)

Baitshop

Tough night for Southside as I said that it might be....Fayetteville has been a tough draw for the Mavs for a while....

The Mavericks are bringing back 15 starters next year and have good groups coming in from both Jr. highs....maybe next year.....

A big thanks to an outstanding group of young men on this years Mavericks team. I had an opportunity to interact with many of them this year, and as CJW said all year, they were good kids, hardworking kids, great teammates to each other, and great representatives of Southside.

rona

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on November 10, 2017, 11:08:22 pm
Tough night for Southside as I said that it might be....Fayetteville has been a tough draw for the Mavs for a while....

The Mavericks are bringing back 15 starters next year and have good groups coming in from both Jr. highs....maybe next year.....

A big thanks to an outstanding group of young men on this years Mavericks team. I had an opportunity to interact with many of them this year, and as CJW said all year, they were good kids, hardworking kids, great teammates to each other, and great representatives of Southside.
+1, at least you take it on the chin and keep coming back Bait!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas