• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So when LR Closes Fair and McClellan like they say they will

Started by Brian G, September 13, 2017, 09:08:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Wonderdog on October 03, 2017, 12:55:55 am
I like the mascot and its meaning of representing both schools. I don't know about those colors though.

Agree

friscokid

It will cause a major headache for the AAA in 7A if it leaves Fort Smith hanging in the middle. They'll have no choice but to split North and South.

Unlike Texas where multiple schools are kept together as policy, the AAA regularly splits LR schools in different conferences, so there is a precedent.

P.F.G.

Baitshop

Quote from: friscokid on November 09, 2017, 09:27:44 pm
It will cause a major headache for the AAA in 7A if it leaves Fort Smith hanging in the middle. They’ll have no choice but to split North and South.

Unlike Texas where multiple schools are kept together as policy, the AAA regularly splits LR schools in different conferences, so there is a precedent.

On one hand, I can't possibly see the FSISD letting Northside and Southside split....at the same time, I don't see a simple answer to the problem either.

Curious if the AAA could/would force them to split??

friscokid

Maybe they can compromise and have Northside stay in NWA one year, then have Southside stay the second year while the other goes east each year. They can keep one spot in each league for a Fort Smith school and they can just switch off to share the inconveniences.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: Baitshop on November 10, 2017, 11:55:58 pm
On one hand, I can't possibly see the FSISD letting Northside and Southside split....at the same time, I don't see a simple answer to the problem either.

Curious if the AAA could/would force them to split??
According to the AAA handbook (Section 4, Rule 1 under classifications), the two 7A conference must have eight teams in each of them.
Unless the handbook is rewritten between now and the time the 2020-22 reclassification cycle takes place, then the AAA will have no choice to split Northside and Southside into different conferences because there are seven teams in NWA and seven in central Arkansas with the adding of the new school in LR.

Okieback

Why not just get rid of "7a" and add the 6a schools back, or half of 6a goes up other half goes down to 5a.  And that becomes the new 6a and 5a ?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas