• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC is the King Again

Started by Lions84, January 12, 2016, 10:28:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

With Bama winning the NC last night the SEC went 9-2 in the Bowl games.

No one else was close. so the word the SEC was dead is greatly exaggerated.

Number 5 for Coach Saban.

AirWarren

This season, with the way everyone played in bowls, our dominance was never in question.

WPWells

Alabama could've lost last night and we still would have kept our dominance

Valleysports

Dominance over college football has not been in question, the SEC not being as strong as it usually is for the last 2 yrs was the question.  What we've witnessed is that the SEC can be down and still stomp the bejesus out of all the other conferences.  The playoffs need to consist of the Top 4 teams, outside the SEC, playing the Top 4 SEC Teams in 4 games.  Get this Big 10, 12, whatever nonsense out of the way, so we can get down to the best possible Semi's.

Lions84

Fact FSU and OSU both had a once in a decade dream team that beat the SEC out of the Playoffs. I see another streak starting. SEC

Longfellow

I think an 8 team playoff would be killer next year. We all know what the SEC has coming back, but look at some other teams. Clemson returns a lot, FSU returns starting QB and Dalvin Cook plus some big parts of an underrated defense, Louisville returns almost everyone, Baylor gets Seth Russell back, Oklahoma State has a big class coming back, Notre Dame gets a lot back from injuries next year. A lot of good teams next year. Should be some exciting ball next year week in and week out

bleudog

In the 11 bowl games, were the SEC teams favorites or 'dogs?  In the games where the SEC teams were favored, did they cover, barely cover or blow the doors off the spread? 

No question 9-2 is impressive and the SEC had the best record of any conference, but sometimes other factors than a competative game come into the team selections process. I'm curious if the SEC teams "took care of business" or out performed the so called "experts'" expectations.

Valleysports

bdubyab60

I think the only team that didn't cover that was favored was Bama in the title game. I don't think bowl games are a huge indicator of how good conferences are. They do matter though, at least to the fans of the teams involved. But everyone was saying the SEC was done after last years bowl season and because the West had beat up on each other all year.

Bama was a good QB away from a title last year.

Over the past decade the SEC has won something like 67% of its OOC games. Only one conference is within 20% points of that, think it was the PAC12. The WEST has carried the torch as far as titles. With of course Bama leading the way.

Next year the SEC will not be favored to win a national title.
Bama is losing key parts. Henry gone, some others will announce, smart is gone and he's taking the DB coach with him to be his DC.

LSU will be talented but There's no way the crap that went on doesn't effect them in the future.

Ole miss- well they are ole miss and they are losing some key parts as well.

Hogs- losing some key players and can we have some early season success.

Auburn- Gus all that needs be said.

MSU- lost their best player that accounted for 90% of their offense. I doubt they have another Prescott on the bench.

ATM- lost every QB they had but one. I think Sumlin will be on the hot seat for sure next year and not because of wins and losses.

The East is horrible and will be next year. A lot of turnover on that side.

There may be a surprise team but Bama and LSU may have the talent to overcome what they are losing.

bleudog

I was guessing the public's perception of a SEC drop off wouldn't be confirmed by the folks who make or lose money by setting spreads. They knew the stronger teams and by about how much even if the primary factors for the matchup were eyes on the tube and/or butts in the seats.

At the bottom of this link is Sagarin's conference rankings:  http://www.sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas