• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Chelsea beats Southampton 3-0 today.

Chelsea, man city, and Liverpool all at the top of the table with 20 points.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on October 07, 2018, 05:00:13 pm
Chelsea beats Southampton 3-0 today.

Chelsea, man city, and Liverpool all at the top of the table with 20 points.

I think its going to take all season to sort those three out.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on October 07, 2018, 07:45:48 pm

I think its going to take all season to sort those three out.

I think it's going to be a dog fight the rest of the way.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on October 08, 2018, 10:06:45 am
I think it's going to be a dog fight the rest of the way.

Even though I follow and root for Liverpool the most I am going to predict they finish 3rd out of those three, Man City 2nd, and I do not think we have even seen the best from Chelsea with Sarri's system so I think they can win it. Liverpool does so well in two match aggregate format in the Champions League cause the way they play. In a two match playoff you know in one of those matches they are going to blast 3 or 4 goals in and win by 2 or 3 goals which creates them the cushion they need in the other leg where they can draw or even lose by 1 goal and still advance on total aggregate. In the EPL season 3 points is 3 points whether you win by 1 or win by 4.... That's why I don't think Liverpool can grind out the 38 match season like Man City or Chelsea. They're two different animals the domestic season and European competitions.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on October 08, 2018, 03:03:20 pm

Even though I follow and root for Liverpool the most I am going to predict they finish 3rd out of those three, Man City 2nd, and I do not think we have even seen the best from Chelsea with Sarri's system so I think they can win it. Liverpool does so well in two match aggregate format in the Champions League cause the way they play. In a two match playoff you know in one of those matches they are going to blast 3 or 4 goals in and win by 2 or 3 goals which creates them the cushion they need in the other leg where they can draw or even lose by 1 goal and still advance on total aggregate. In the EPL season 3 points is 3 points whether you win by 1 or win by 4.... That's why I don't think Liverpool can grind out the 38 match season like Man City or Chelsea. They're two different animals the domestic season and European competitions.

Sarri is like soccer's version of Mike Leach. Leach didn't play college ball or pro ball but has produced some of the most potent offenses in NCAA history. Sarri, who never played professional soccer, has produced some "fun and gun" attack soccer in his coaching history. He and leach are so similar in their paths.

beach bum

Iceland up 2-0 on France in the 60th minute and this match is in France.... France is also playing the majority of its top 11 which makes this even more impressive.

AirWarren

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on October 20, 2018, 08:42:45 am
Chelsea equalized with 8 seconds left in stoppage time! Wow.

2-2

Mourinho went nuts to afterward.... I loved it.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Amazing equalizer by Barkley. Amazing match.

What a way to break in my New Jersey lol.

1-Adam-12

3 in a row for Everton!  That has them up to 8th in the table.

And who shall I say is in 6th?  The mighty Cherries of Bournemouth! What a run they are having this season.

beach bum

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on October 22, 2018, 06:41:39 am
3 in a row for Everton!  That has them up to 8th in the table.

And who shall I say is in 6th?  The mighty Cherries of Bournemouth! What a run they are having this season.

Love watching Bournemouth counter with their speed they have.... Sigurdsson has been on a roll now that he is 100% healthy which he struggled physically at the end of season a year ago. Absolutely love watching Gylfi score some crackers of goals lately.

beach bum

Arsenal looks so much better this season. In their 3-1 win over Leicester City today every goal they scored was just brilliant team soccer. They are quite pleasing to the eye to watch this season under their new system. That 3rd goal they scored today was every coaches dream to see. Every pass and run was incredible. They really are in the mix for 4th and the last Champions League spot if they can beat out the likes of Tottenham & possibly Manchester United or Everton who think they may have a claim to the last Champions League spot cause I think we know Manchester City, Liverpool, and Chelsea are getting 1st through 3rd.

AirWarren

Chelsea hammers Burnley 4-0.

2-2 this week so far with my teams. Warren wins and so does Chelsea. Miami and the hogs looked miserable.

Go blues!!!!!!!

AirWarren

Chelsea beats Frank Lampard's Derby squad 3-2.

Chelsea continues to roll.

AirWarren

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on November 04, 2018, 06:53:42 pm
Chelsea takes out crystal palace today. 3-1

Hanging right there in the thick of things is Chelsea..... Extra matches will be played in December and early January. We'll see if anyone separates then.

VHSCoach2

The Lady Backs host the Lady Trojans of Little Rock in the first round of the NCAA Tournament this Friday evening. Pretty cool that they are playing!

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on November 07, 2018, 10:42:25 pm
The Lady Backs host the Lady Trojans of Little Rock in the first round of the NCAA Tournament this Friday evening. Pretty cool that they are playing!

I will be there ... its crazy to think its one of the only times the Razorbacks have competed with an in-state school in any sport men or women. I keep meaning to see how many in state players UALR has cause the Razorbacks do not have a whole lot actually. Coach Hale uses the Tulsa area and Texas as his pipeline it seems. But I imagine UALR has a good bit of players who played high school in state.

HorseFeathers

If I'm looking at the right roster UALR has none from arkansas....and many from Iceland and Germany

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 08, 2018, 05:42:46 am
If I'm looking at the right roster UALR has none from arkansas....and many from Iceland and Germany

That is crazy to not have one from the state. I guess that is good for the Hogs since none of those girls will have that chip on their shoulder as much.... And I am seeing so many players from Iceland this year. Unbelievable considering their small population. Such a high % of good players coming from Iceland men's and women's. I know about 25-30 years ago I was reading an article they started putting full size, indoor fields throughout the whole country so people could play year round when the horrible winter weather came in and they had basically no sunlight. I guess that infrastructure investment paid dividends for their soccer.

AirWarren

Chelsea advanced to round of 32 in Europa play with 1-0 win over BATE.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on November 07, 2018, 11:52:08 pm
I will be there ... its crazy to think its one of the only times the Razorbacks have competed with an in-state school in any sport men or women. I keep meaning to see how many in state players UALR has cause the Razorbacks do not have a whole lot actually. Coach Hale uses the Tulsa area and Texas as his pipeline it seems. But I imagine UALR has a good bit of players who played high school in state.

This is great for soccer in the state of Arkansas.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on November 08, 2018, 01:49:26 pm
This is great for soccer in the state of Arkansas.

I think had the weather not turned so cold a big crowd would have been there.

Btw, Chelsea just keeps winning. They're the only club in Europe's Big 5 leagues to not lose yet. They won again today in the Europa League which is huge cause it locked up first with 2 matches left in the group. Now, they can play reserve players the last 2 Europa League matches and rest everyone headed into the cluster of EPL matches in December in January.

VHSCoach2

Expected this result...

Lady Backs 5, Lady Trojans 0. Not yet halftime.

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on November 09, 2018, 07:53:03 pm
Expected this result...

Lady Backs 5, Lady Trojans 0. Not yet halftime.

I was amazed how many came out in the cold for this.... Arkansas just had too many athletes for UALR. A lot of people came up to root for the Trojans and that was nice to see though I really think the Hogs can win in the round of 32. After that is where it will get tough.

AirWarren

Everton and Chelsea 0-0.

Things got a tad heated evidently. Didn't get to catch the end.

AirWarren

How many times has Brad Guzan put us in a bind? Combined with youth....good grief.

2-0 now England over USA. I swear.

AirWarren

Sterling.....rooney.....KANE.....Walker......on the bench right now.

Just stars everywhere on that England Roster. The younglings are taking it to us.

AirWarren

Embarrassed and outclassed in London at Wembley Stadium. We need to find a manager quick....and I am hoping it isn't some lame duck manager either.

Need to find a dang GK too. Guzan is just not the answer.

beach bum

beach bum

I know its just one match and they had to lose at some point.... But wow Tottenham is spanking Chelsea

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on November 24, 2018, 12:46:37 pm
I know its just one match and they had to lose at some point.... But wow Tottenham is spanking Chelsea

It wasn't even close either. Goodness.

beach bum

This Sunday is filled with local derbies too including Chelsea involved in one cause in reality Fulham is their real true derby even though Chelsea has some other London derbies.... Here is Sunday's slate.

Chelsea @ Fulham - Stamford Bridge to Craven Cottage ( 1.4 miles)
Everton @ Liverpool - Goodison Park to Anfield (0.8 miles)
Tottenham @ Arsenal - White Hart Lane IF THEY WILL EVER FINISH THE NEW ONE to The Emirates ( 4.3 miles)

AirWarren

Europa league.

Chelsea wins 4-0 over Paok today.

Giroud leads the scoring with 2 goals.

AirWarren

Atlanta United vs Portland Timbers for MLS CUP.

HAVE TO SAY. Atlanta United in its second year in the MLS playing for the cup is impressive. And an indictment of the growth of soccer in the southeast.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2018, 07:12:02 pm
Europa league.

Chelsea wins 4-0 over Paok today.

Giroud leads the scoring with 2 goals.

What's crazy is there is a decent chance Tottenham and Liverpool may join Chelsea & Arsenal in the Europa League. Spurs have to win @ Barcelona or they drop to the Europa League as well as Liverpool need to beat Napoli by 2 goals at Anfield or they are out of the Champions League too. Talk about a loaded potential Europa League.

And the Mercedes Benz dome in ATL will be rocking for the MLS Cup

AirWarren

beach bum

-Chelsea takes care of business with the clean sheet

- Anyone else see the finish to Liverpool v Everton? Liverpool was lucky to win that at the end

-Can't believe I am saying this, but wow is Arsenal exciting to watch again

AirWarren

AirWarren

The wolves stun Chelsea 2-1.

Wow. Just when Tottenham loses and Chelsea takes the third spot. This happens.

Longfellow

Since I began following AFC Bournemouth, their current ranking of 7th is the highest they've ranked in the table. It's way more fun watching soccer when the team is playing well!

VHSCoach2

The draws for the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup are complete.

Group A: France, Norway, Korea Republic, Nigeria
Group B: Germany, Spain, China, South Africa
Group C: Australia, Brazil, Italy, Jamaica
Group D: England, Japan, Scotland, Argentina
Group E: Canada, Netherlands, New Zealand, Cameroon
Group F: United States, Sweden, Thailand, Chile

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on December 07, 2018, 12:15:27 pm
Since I began following AFC Bournemouth, their current ranking of 7th is the highest they've ranked in the table. It's way more fun watching soccer when the team is playing well!

I am afraid if Bournemouth finish about where they are at the end they will lose their manager.... He is a Bournemouth guy through and through, but eventually he will be drawn by the money & bigger clubs.

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 08, 2018, 12:08:23 pm
The draws for the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup are complete.

Group A: France, Norway, Korea Republic, Nigeria
Group B: Germany, Spain, China, South Africa
Group C: Australia, Brazil, Italy, Jamaica
Group D: England, Japan, Scotland, Argentina
Group E: Canada, Netherlands, New Zealand, Cameroon
Group F: United States, Sweden, Thailand, Chile

Why would they do that and put us in a group with our kryptonite.... the Swedes  ;D

beach bum

-Manchester United with its best match so far scoring 4 on lowly bottom table Fulham

-Mo Salah with the hat trick in a Liverpool win

- Arsenal barely get 3 points against Huddersfield

-West Ham stringing wins together to get way away from the relegation zone

-Cardiff get a huge win to stay barely out of relegation zone

-Chelsea with a halftime 1-0 lead on Man City currently.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: beach bum on December 08, 2018, 12:28:38 pm
-Manchester United with its best match so far scoring 4 on lowly bottom table Fulham

-Mo Salah with the hat trick in a Liverpool win

- Arsenal barely get 3 points against Huddersfield

-West Ham stringing wins together to get way away from the relegation zone

-Cardiff get a huge win to stay barely out of relegation zone

-Chelsea with a halftime 1-0 lead on Man City currently.

I'll take 3 anyway we can get them  8)

AirWarren

beach bum

Liverpool and Tottenham stay in their Champions League by the skin of their teeth yesterday so all 4 EPL teams move on to the round of 16

Arsenal and Chelsea play Thursday in the Europa League, but just like they should they have cake walked through their groups and make it to the knockout legs too

The draw for both is on Friday and can not wait for the interesting match ups.... In the Europa League I would love to see Chelsea or Arsenal draw one of the Scottish clubs in Celtic or Rangers. It would make for an electric atmosphere.

AirWarren

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas