• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any motorcycle riders on here?

Started by Breitontime, January 31, 2014, 01:20:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Breitontime

Cushman's are worth some bank. Especially ones that old.

Breitontime

Here's one from Miami a few weeks ago. Pretty sweet little scoot.

Valleysports

Bre - do you paint?  Don't know why I didn't think of this before....  Got something I need to paint - don't tell Xtreme - I've been restoring a 1990 Miata...  Don't have to be that good of a job, just a run-around while I put another two years on the 3/4 ton.  Then I'll get a 2014 1/2 ton.

Breitontime

Yeah, I have a paint set up. Though, it's set up for motorcycles.

Valleysports

Good enough - we'll have to discuss it after Datona Bike Week.

Breitontime

You'll have to catch me after Riding Into History in May.

Most exclusive bike show in the country, invite only. I have to have perfection built for that. Soon as Daytona is over, it'll be to work for that.

Somehow tonight, I allowed my friends to drag me out for drinks, now, I'm back at the shop, staring down a 18-19 hour day on no sleep.

Valleysports

Oh I'm in no hurry - just need some direction on the paint.  I can spray it in front of the hangar, on a windless day.  ;)

Breitontime

Sturgis just added to the schedule. Going to a show in Milwaukee, then heading straight to Sturgis. We're going to do it like Manly Men, and ride it.

Breitontime

On my way to Benton at the moment, picking up motorcycle #73.

Valleysports

Breitontime

Picked up another DOHC CB750K to cafè out.

Kazimierz

Any thoughts on the new small Harley? It's price point puts it in market with Triumph and the V7. It's assembled in KC but most if the parts are foreign. Will it attract enough entry level riders or city folk to differentiate itself from the sportster?

Breitontime

You talking about the XR500 and 750?

They are trying to pay homage to the XR750's of old. And, they do a half decent job, other than being mainly Indian. But, mainly geared towards hipsters and chicks.

Breitontime

Picked up a Marchesini wheel and a Ducati 748 swingarm with a brembo caliper for the bike I am building for Sturgis. Paid $350 for the lot. Retail on the wheel alone is $2,399. Absolute steal of a deal.

And, now she's going to be a fat bottom girl.

Valleysports

Breitontime

200. Runs a 180 stock. Bumped her up a hair.

Breitontime

Nice out today. May have to take the Pig for a spin.

Breitontime

Getting a customers body work painted today.

Bahama Blue with a Cobalt Blue metalflake.

Final wetsand, and clear, and this thing is really going to pop in the sun.

Breitontime

Breitontime

Picked up a set of these guys for my 750. I had planned on building a set, but that company carries my parts that I designed and build, so I just traded them out of a set of these. They are friggin sweet.

http://www.speedmotoco.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=KM-vm34-DOHC

bleudog

Breitontime

June 19, 2014, 02:23:43 pm #71 Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 02:26:59 pm by Breitontime
Harley can't hardly get the electrics right on their bikes that require a simple harness, and they want to run production on a full electric bike? Lolz.

Look for the price tag to be in the $45,000-$60,000 range, as the top electric manufactures are now.

Valleysports

$300 Metzler on front.  Nothing wrong the Dunlop, but that cracking - hated doing it, but feel better on step.

Breitontime

Ouch. Told you it'd be pricey with it being an 18". Dry rot does indeed suck. That tire had a good 3-4,000 miles left.

Valleysports

June 20, 2014, 08:57:16 am #74 Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 12:29:08 pm by Valleysports
After I put 100 miles on it, I might get you to run it up over 100 - see if it has any wobble after 2nd gear.

True Believer

I use to have  a Honda 50.  Does that count?   :)

Breitontime

My neighbor is rashed up pretty good. Car just locked up in front of him, he locked his rear tire, and got high sided this afternoon.

cuckoobird

Quote from: True Believer on June 20, 2014, 07:13:55 pm
I use to have  a Honda 50.  Does that count?   :)
I had one of those too

DogsWin7

cuckoobird

I say the honda 50 and any moped counts before those tricycles i see people riding with 2 wheels on the front

Breitontime

Not much a fan of them, but the Can-Am Spyders are a badA piece of machinery. Would never own one, but they are fun. Above that, the T-Rex.

As for mopeds, those buffoons try to initiate the biker wave all the time. I usually flip them a birdie.

Breitontime

Been thinking of picking up a Screaming Eagle VRod. Though, it'll look nothing like a stock one when I finish it.

Valleysports

July 20, 2014, 07:28:34 pm #83 Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 07:32:16 pm by Valleysports
Quote from: Breitontime on July 20, 2014, 04:01:50 pm
Been thinking of picking up a Screaming Eagle VRod. Though, it'll look nothing like a stock one when I finish it.

You wouldn't dare!   :-\  Mine has the single VH pipe.  CNBC did a Modern Marvels special, yesterday, about Harley's 20 Acre VROD Factory.  Got me fired up - made that my desktop pic.  Someone told me that I need to see A&E's show on the VROD's engine and the testing it goes through.         

Breitontime

Best bike Harley ever built. Yet the typical "Harley crowd" absolutely despises it.

The engine was designed and built by Porsche.

Valleysports

The Harley Crowd and I have difference taste in bikes and women!  ;)

Breitontime

I want to do something along these lines. Build a single side swinger, I can build all the body work myself, more than likely out of carbon fiber.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Breitontime on July 21, 2014, 09:26:21 am
I want to do something along these lines. Build a single side swinger, I can build all the body work myself, more than likely out of carbon fiber.

That's a really cool looking bike but man it looks uncomfortable to ride

Breitontime

The controls need to be moved back to make it comfortable with the low bars. With low bars, your feet should be right under your boys to make it more comfortable, and not bad for the back.

It always amazes me on builds like this one, that people do not account for riding position in the design phase.

Then again, that particular bike is built to look pretty and be trailered around, not ridden.

Valleysports

Breitontime

Oddly enough most of the Harley crowd hated it because it was liquid cooled. Harley is in the process of making them all liquid cooled. My grandfather bought a 2013 Ultra Glide rather than the '14 because it is air cooled.

Jacketman65

To me there is so much less heat with the water cooled!

Valleysports

Talked with a feller, yesterday, has the 2006 Street Rod.  Said 06-07 Street Rod controls were centrally located.  Harley was trying to cross over - I'm assuming. I don't like the elevated seat though and you know I'm partial to that Eagle.

Valleysports

Lions84

Cool looking Rides. I miss having a 2 wheeler.

Valleysports

I'll make a really good deal on a 2004 Honda VTX1300, with new tires.  Sharp looking bike!

Breitontime

Breaking her down to do the finish work on her. Gabriella turned out to be pretty dang sexy.

Breitontime

Ah, here you can see the carb set-up I went with. Rather than four Keihin 29mm carbs (as original) I went with a manifold and two 34mm Mikuni's.

Lions84

Good looking Build  At my age and health I just want to get a 250 cc or less scooter

Valleysports

Quote from: Lions84 on November 14, 2014, 10:13:01 am
Good looking Build  At my age and health I just want to get a 250 cc or less scooter

C'mon 84 - I'm retired - you see what I'm riding.  That 1250cc's of Red/Chrome heck's Fury, keeps these kids in their place.  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas