• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

295 Days of Earl Owning El Dorado...(Poll added)

Started by Earl is my Hero!!, September 11, 2010, 12:23:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want the relentless barrage by Earl to continue on the El Do bunch?

Yes, they still deserve it.
No, they are the victims here.
Don't give a rip one way or another.

gatecrasher

Just sayin....
I told yall if we lost I would do so...

Like I've said, it ain't the first time, nor will it be the last. It comes with the territory....;)

fastdrop

No need to eat crow gate.... you just forgot what those boys bring in NWA. Unless WM quits playing their best players both ways and gets a new offense...We will never sniff the championship game,

Smithian

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 11, 2010, 11:05:08 am
Just sayin....

Like I've said, it ain't the first time, nor will it be the last. It comes with the territory....;)

spurrr

Gate
I got tired of your Eldo post, but you have stepped up in defeat. Best of luck to Eldo the rest of the year!

gatecrasher

Nah...it ain't that dire. Sorry bud....

spurrr

#69 DE is getting some looks, but is a better  Olineman and a couple of O ine are getting some small school looks.

Scorp

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 11, 2010, 11:05:08 am
Just sayin....

True ...    I think everyone on here will eat some crow this year.  Except possibly the HarBer fans!

7AFBFAN

Don't hand them the state championship yet? Were you at the game last night?

Billyo62

I wish my team had some good players!  Why can't we have a beast, it's not fair... :'(

Scorp

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 11, 2010, 11:32:43 am
Don't hand them the state championship yet? Were you at the game last night?

I was watching a little bit of Bryant getting lit-up by Northsides offensive speed!   :o

7AFBFAN

That game absolutely shocked me. I knew Northside had two of their better players out in week one but heck that was quite the difference from one week to the next.

Scorp

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 11, 2010, 11:37:54 am
That game absolutely shocked me. I knew Northside had two of their better players out in week one but heck that was quite the difference from one week to the next.

Yeah, and Bryant had 2 of their better players out (suspension from the Benton brawl).  But ... Northside's offense can flat out move the ball.

gatecrasher

I saw Har-Ber in WMS last December....they weren't half as impressive as they were last night offensively. That offense clicked in the 2nd half...on all cylinders.

True Believer

Baitshop

Quote from: True Believer on September 11, 2010, 01:09:01 pm
Earl has to be Baptist.

:)

Tell me you don't have a problem with Baptist's.....PLEASE..??..??

Baitshop

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 11, 2010, 01:04:04 pm
I saw Har-Ber in WMS last December....they weren't half as impressive as they were last night offensively. That offense clicked in the 2nd half...on all cylinders.

Not to be harsh....but, maybe the reason that they weren't half as impressive is because, last December they were playing a team that was twice as good as the one they played last night.....

Just sayin.....

But, if it makes you feel any better....they were the better team against us also.....

Ty

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 11, 2010, 10:57:22 am
We have two new LBs starting for us this year....I definitely could tell last night. Once #35 got to the second level, he had plenty of room to run. Good hard runner.

Besides Kissinger (beast) and Cook (he's gonna play on Sundays), who else is getting D1 attention for the Blue Cats?
#11, the WR that caught a touchdown pass, is just a junior and will get some D-1 looks his senior year.

#26, OLB Preston Cash, is getting some looks from some small schools.

Billyo62

Crow burgers are just about done..  ;)

True Believer

Quote from: Baitshop on September 11, 2010, 01:25:36 pm
Quote from: True Believer on September 11, 2010, 01:09:01 pm
Earl has to be Baptist.

:)

Tell me you don't have a problem with Baptist's.....PLEASE..??..??

LOL..no.  As long as they don't try to convert me from my heathen ways, I'm good with them.  :)

gatecrasher

You ain't gonna tell me that SS's defensive line didn't get blown up against Har-Ber in that title game, are you? Brey Cook was pancaking his guy consistently.  Yall got whipped up front, similar to what happened last night.

gatecrasher

If #11 is the guy that caught the bomb in the 3rd quarter, he's a big target. I told yall recently that they were fools if they didn't take advantage of that against us. Of course our safety bit on the play fake and he was 5 yards behind him by the time the ball got there.

Billyo62

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 11, 2010, 01:54:29 pm
You ain't gonna tell me that SS's defensive line didn't get blown up against Har-Ber in that title game, are you? Brey Cook was pancaking his guy consistently.  Yall got whipped up front, similar to what happened last night.

We didn't get blown up.. we shut them out..you no "ZERO POINTS"   ;D

Ty

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 11, 2010, 01:59:59 pm
If #11 is the guy that caught the bomb in the 3rd quarter, he's a big target. I told yall recently that they were fools if they didn't take advantage of that against us. Of course our safety bit on the play fake and he was 5 yards behind him by the time the ball got there.
No, that was #16. They are both about 6'4'' though so it's easy to get them confused.

#11 is the one that caught what appeared to be the first touchdown pass but was ruled out of bounds. He also caught the ball that put Har-Ber up right before half.

Baitshop

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 11, 2010, 01:54:29 pm
You ain't gonna tell me that SS's defensive line didn't get blown up against Har-Ber in that title game, are you?

Oh yeah, they beat us 16-13 in OT and then 27-6 in the Championship game...and they beat us up front like nobody had all year....

But, you guys got torched for 42 big ones and score one TD on a 79 yard screen that the DB whiffed on, and a late TD on their 3rd string.....

Ask the HarBer guys who they would rather play....

gatecrasher

I understand....but it was up front where the ultimate whipping took place last night.

We were winning that battle in the first half. We didn't continue to do it in the 2nd. Had we done so, we may be talking about a different outcome here, or a much closer game.

As Dan Dierdorf would say: "It all starts with the offensive line."

Har-Ber's may be one of the best I've seen in quite a few years, at least in this state.

OUSoonersOU

give the guy some slack.  look at the people insulting him, with quotes in their signatures like it means something to anyone but you.  the guy likes el dorado and is classy about it, what more can you ask for out of the best posters on FF?  take those stupid quotes out of your sigs before you try to outclass someone else.

True Believer

It's OK Eddie.  Give the whiners their own section.

I will still come up there and annoy them. 

gatecrasher

OU....I don't care about that crap...

Trust me they're taking it more seriously than I am. Just sayin....

Billyo62

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 11, 2010, 03:02:04 pm
OU....I don't care about that crap...

Trust me they're taking it more seriously than I am. Just sayin....

Gate You are just like..

Eddie Goodson

Lake Hamilton seems to disagree with your assertions Earl.

gatecrasher

Quote from: Billyo62 on September 11, 2010, 03:13:10 pm
Quote from: gatecrasher on September 11, 2010, 03:02:04 pmOU....I don't care about that crap... Trust me they're taking it more seriously than I am. Just sayin....
Gate You are just like..
Explain.....

Billyo62

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 11, 2010, 03:22:53 pm
Quote from: gatecrasher on September 11, 2010, 03:02:04 pmOU....I don't care about that crap... Trust me they're taking it more seriously than I am. Just sayin....
Gate You are just like..
Explain.....

Sometimes when there is no fun to be found, then you show up and Bam...Instant Fun..Not a bad thing..

gatecrasher

Quote from: Billyo62 on September 11, 2010, 03:36:00 pm
Quote from: gatecrasher on September 11, 2010, 03:22:53 pm
Gate You are just like..
Explain.....
Sometimes when there is no fun to be found, then you show up and Bam...Instant Fun..Not a bad thing..
Well....I fell out when I saw that.....:D

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 11, 2010, 02:28:59 pm
give the guy some slack.  look at the people insulting him, with quotes in their signatures like it means something to anyone but you.  the guy likes el dorado and is classy about it, what more can you ask for out of the best posters on FF?  take those stupid quotes out of your sigs before you try to outclass someone else.

Ummm.

No.

Have you been listening to their crowing and boorish bravado for the past nine months? The stuff posted here is just what didn't get deleted by the mods.

You should've seen the stuff that did.

He had his fun the past nine months. Now it's our turn. You can go back to the Politics board and profess your liberal views, but this is the 7A board. We're entitled to our fun ;D ;D

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 11, 2010, 10:53:57 am
Earl, where were you sitting?

Visitor side, top row, about the 40 yard line toward the south endzone. I was right next to a video camera which I believe was provided bt an El Dorado church. They all had purple t-shirts on.

A couple of very nice older African-American guys were to my left, a younger one in front of me. The young guy said #7 was his cousin.

I will say I have to give El Dorado a lot of credit. Some very nice fans, and there were a lot of them, particularly for such a long trip.

With that said, you know I have to give you as hard a time as possible. You fellas made so much noise, and you know as well as I, that had you won, the ** would have crowed all night...

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on September 11, 2010, 03:20:31 pm
Lake Hamilton seems to disagree with your assertions Earl.

Fluke!

Not that Lake Hamilton won. It's a fluke Springdale is considered 7A still. They should be forced to move to the Central...

Eddie Goodson

Anyone else agree with me that this thread is an instant HOF nominee?

ricepig

zebradynasty

Cm on now as mighty as the 7A West is surely making excuses is beneath you! Can't speak for Eldorado (Only rain man can) but most of the 6A posters only stated that 6A's best could compete with some of 7A West best. Nothing that has happen so far this season convinces me otherwise. Don't you think HarBer will mercy rule a few other schools in the 7A West? If that happens, does that mean those schools should move to 7A Central or 6A? 

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: zebradynasty on September 11, 2010, 04:26:19 pm
Cm on now as mighty as the 7A West is surely making excuses is beneath you! Can't speak for Eldorado (Only rain man can) but most of the 6A posters only stated that 6A's best could compete with some of 7A West best. Nothing that has happen so far this season convinces me otherwise. Don't you think HarBer will mercy rule a few other schools in the 7A West? If that happens, does that mean those schools should move to 7A Central or 6A?
With the ridiculous number of 7A schools making the playoffs, some schools making the playoffs wouldn't even win the 5A title if given the chance.

Earl is my Hero!!

September 11, 2010, 04:34:26 pm #90 Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 06:43:58 pm by Earl is my Hero!!
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on September 11, 2010, 04:08:58 pm
Anyone else agree with me that this thread is an instant HOF nominee?

I thought it the minute I started it. It has everything needed to take its place amongst history's finest FF moments.

An over-developed sense of self-worth by some,
A consistent theme of trash talk by an underdog, and
A punishing defeat by a superior foe.

All of the above lead to the most extreme case of foot-in-mouth syndrome I have ever witnessed.

Just think Eddie, the greatness of this thread will extend another 298 days! I have already identified a months worth of quotes from a slew of El Dorado fans...

Eddie Goodson

Let's let it have its run here and then we will move it to the HOF board.

Billyo62

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on September 11, 2010, 04:30:54 pm
Quote from: zebradynasty on September 11, 2010, 04:26:19 pm
With the ridiculous number of 7A schools making the playoffs, some schools making the playoffs wouldn't even win the 5A title if given the chance.

That is true...and some of the 5A schools wouldn't win the 3A title if given the chance.

wolfpride 2

gatecrasher

September 11, 2010, 05:42:33 pm #94 Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 05:45:31 pm by gatecrasher
Earl, you were really close to me....I was on the 50, near the top, right in front of the press box. I had a gray El Dorado t shirt on with the sleeves cut off of them and a fresh hi & tight Marine haircut....

I was standing in the aisle a lot of the time...Hard on my back to sit on those bleachers. I do better to stand...

Earl, it's ok. I know you guys were gonna give me grief. It's all good. You know I would have had we played 4 qtrs instead of two and won the game.

7AFBFAN

It is always nice that the 6A and 5A can find the one score comparison for their argument. Now that is Shilowish..... 

gatecrasher

ricepig, you're out of order....;)
Your boys got 56 hung on you guys in one half by an upstart from 7A didn't yall? ;D
So you didn't talk trash like I did....still don't change that aspect.

ricepig

Yep, I don't know about upstart, they have size, speed, and a great coach. We started out slow, which has been the norm unfortunately. Our secondary couldn't stop a wishbone passing attack right now. Three first half TO's, two for real short field, and one they returned for 6.

gatecrasher

I thought they would be improved, but not this improved, especially this early.

They have to be considered a title contender in the 16 team 7A......;D

ricepig

Hey, Conway only scored 3 more points against us, than they did against SS, haha.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas