• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Canon 1D Mark IV Examples

Started by C_A_Morris, March 03, 2010, 03:47:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

C_A_Morris

March 03, 2010, 03:47:44 pm Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 03:41:32 am by C_A_Morris
Got my Canon 1D Mark IV in several weeks ago, but I've been so busy with the end of basketball season, the beginning of baseball season, and weddings that I just haven't gotten around to showing some examples on here like I wanted to. Add a couple of computer and website failures in, and it's a wonder I've accomplished anything at all....

So, without further ado, here are some sports examples from Southern Arkansas University. I'll try to get other examples up in the future....

[Moving photographs to new web server]

bird dog

shah_guido_g

Excellent photos! Exposure on all are spot on. No auto focus issues with the MkIV, I presume.

In the third basketball photo the camera appears to just below level with the rim. Did you go into the stands for that angle? What strobes do you use?

I don't get a chance to shot baseball. Your examples sure seem to be hitting peak action.

Congrats on the MkIV. As a hobbyist I probably will never reach that level of equipment. I thought I was doing well to upgrade to a used 1DMkII.

Looking forward to more examples.

DB

That pitcher shot is unreal.  To catch that shot without blur...Wow!

onegearruss

Congrats on the camera. Very jealous haha.
Keep shooting away.

bird dog

I have been having trouble with baseball pics that I dont have to much of a problem wik Bkb of FB.

When focusing on a picture on the mound, or sometimes a batter in the box, my camers wants to focus  on the background (fence/dugout) making the player out of focus???

onegearruss

Quote from: bird dog on April 01, 2010, 09:36:09 pm
I have been having trouble with baseball pics that I dont have to much of a problem wik Bkb of FB.

When focusing on a picture on the mound, or sometimes a batter in the box, my camers wants to focus  on the background (fence/dugout) making the player out of focus???

Used your manual focus.

bird dog

Gonna give the manual focus a try at my game tomorrow.
I have always used autofocus but always looking to try something new and improved.

onegearruss

Quote from: bird dog on April 04, 2010, 10:07:40 pm
Gonna give the manual focus a try at my game tomorrow.
I have always used autofocus but always looking to try something new and improved.

Something to try is focus with your auto, then then your autofocus off, so your subject is in focus and it wont jump to the background if you move it just a little bit.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas