• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Team Camps

Started by BigMan15, June 01, 2016, 11:40:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

Anybody do any team camps yet to look at their team yet?

Head Lion

Manila Jr & Sr Hi played at Brookland yesterday.

BigMan15

Head Lion

Quote from: BigMan15 on June 01, 2016, 12:10:37 pm
How did they look?
I wasn't there and hard to judge. We had 2 starters out and 6,7 gone. We beat Cooter, Mo. and lost to Brookland by 8. They said Jr. Hi looked surprisingly decent after losing 8 of last years top 9. Coaches were impressed by the improvement of 6'4" freshman and another freshman, neither who has played much behind last years group.

Pipedream1

I could be wrong and I know my eyes are getting bad but I'm pretty sure Brookland beat Manila by 25+ and Manila wasn't missing anyone of importance.  But it is just team camp and it is no indication of how good either team will be come season time.

BigMan15

Head Lion

Quote from: Pipedream1 on June 02, 2016, 10:46:42 pm
I could be wrong and I know my eyes are getting bad but I'm pretty sure Brookland beat Manila by 25+ and Manila wasn't missing anyone of importance.  But it is just team camp and it is no indication of how good either team will be come season time.
Sorry for the misinformation, our starting point guard and center must have quit.

BigMan15

Hornet guy

They are probably going to transfer to B I C . Lol

Oldref

Quote from: BigMan15 on June 03, 2016, 10:54:41 am
Is Brookland good?
Brookland looked pretty good to me. Saw them play against Bay last week at Brookland team camp. Bay ended up winning by 7. Bay lost to Nettleton in overtime. Nettleton is loaded with talent and will be tough to beat. Very athletic and deep team.

Head Lion

Manila plays Blytheville, Armorel, GCT, Paragould, Cave City & Bay next week at Valley View.

Hornet guy

Harrisburg ended up as runner ups in there division in the Rib Crib Classic at Dexter this weekend .

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Hornet guy on June 04, 2016, 11:01:51 pm
Harrisburg ended up as runner ups in there division in the Rib Crib Classic at Dexter this weekend .

Boys or girls?

Hornet guy

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Hornet guy on June 05, 2016, 10:00:28 am
Boys

Wow I didn't think Harrisburgs boys would be nothing.

Hornet guy

It is just summer ball .

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Hornet guy on June 05, 2016, 10:16:34 am
It is just summer ball .

Yeah but no matter what division they were in, rib city has good competition. Even if it is just summer ball.

Hornet guy

Yes we are very proud of them .

pioneers

Head Lion

Rib City usually is hi competition, may bode for good things to come. Congrats

WhatsUrRingSize

Camp @ Harrisburg   Harrisburg lost a close one by 2 without there 6"5 post to Tuckerman the Hornets have turned the corner  this summer.

fbisgreat

Hey Big man how did the new kid from Charleston look.I heard he is very good.

BigMan15

He looked like he has been here for years, they all clicked pretty quick. Now we have 4 solid starters looking for the 5th though.

Head Lion

Lions beat Blytheville by 24, Highland by 32 & lost by 5 to Bay. It was a good game, our 3rd of the day & their first, but just team camp & played 11 kids a lot.

biglion1985

Wow hopefully that will go well for the season for the lions great job

Bigtimebasketballfan

Team camps are hard to judge. I've seen teams look really good then underachieve during the year. On the flip side have also seen teams get handled pretty bad at team camp then look much better during the year with their system in place. Seems like team camp success is usually in favor of more athletic teams, who play man and have a deeper bench since multiple games are played a day

Bigtimebasketballfan

Bigman15...who moved into Charleston and where from if you don't care to answer??

fbisgreat

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on June 10, 2016, 10:26:36 am
Bigman15...who moved into Charleston and where from if you don't care to answer??
I'm not Bigman but the kid has always lived in Charleston.But he is home Schooled he will be a SR. this year and wanted to play for Charleston.A very good point guard his sister his pretty good and will be a 10th grader.

Oldref

Saw several teamcamp games at brookland and valley view last two weeks. Several teams looked pretty good. Nettleton is loaded and Bay has a lot of returning talent plus some good sophomores that will contribute. Like always NEA has lots of teams that can beat you. Should be another fun year.

WPWells

Quote from: fbisgreat on June 10, 2016, 02:10:27 pm
I'm not Bigman but the kid has always lived in Charleston.But he is home Schooled he will be a SR. this year and wanted to play for Charleston.A very good point guard his sister his pretty good and will be a 10th grader.

Who is it? If you don't want to put it on here then you can message me. I think I know who it is (at least someone who fits your description) but I'm wondering if I'm right

fbisgreat

The home school kids last name is Green not sure on his first name.

WPWells

Quote from: fbisgreat on June 11, 2016, 09:41:20 pm
The home school kids last name is Green not sure on his first name.

That was my guess. I believe his first name is Jacob. He's been on a home school team that's won the home school state championship the past two years and I think maybe nationals one year.

BigMan15

Quote from: Fred Bird on June 12, 2016, 07:45:53 am
That was my guess. I believe his first name is Jacob. He's been on a home school team that's won the home school state championship the past two years and I think maybe nationals one year.
Michael Green is the SR Jacob is staying with homeschool this year. The sister is a very good player and she will help out the sr high girls for sure.

WPWells

Quote from: BigMan15 on June 13, 2016, 10:15:53 am

Michael Green is the SR Jacob is staying with homeschool this year. The sister is a very good player and she will help out the sr high girls for sure.

I guess I had my years wrong - thought Michael was already done. He's a true point guard though and should absolutely help the team

biglion1985

Just seen where manila is having team camps at dexter, missouri this weekend 6 games in two days all games against teams from out of state

BigMan15

Quote from: Fred Bird on June 13, 2016, 02:47:25 pm
I guess I had my years wrong - thought Michael was already done. He's a true point guard though and should absolutely help the team
Yea Michael is a SR his brother Jacob is 10th

Bergman1820

Watched the Valley Girls over at the Flippin team camp today. They handled Bay fairly easily. Ashlynn Taylor made 4 or 5 3's while I was watching. They lost 5 Sr's from the State Championship team, but still have alot of talent there. 

Head Lion

Quote from: vstigerz on June 15, 2016, 10:42:10 pm
Watched the Valley Girls over at the Flippin team camp today. They handled Bay fairly easily. Ashlynn Taylor made 4 or 5 3's while I was watching. They lost 5 Sr's from the State Championship team, but still have alot of talent there.
Sounds like it vstigerz, Bay is tough. Coach Jenkins got a great program going.

Rebel Rouser

vstigerz, did you happen to see the Riverside Lady Rebels play?  Just wandering how they look.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Rebel Rouser on June 17, 2016, 11:26:05 am
vstigerz, did you happen to see the Riverside Lady Rebels play?  Just wandering how they look.
They looked good, I'm pretty sure they beat Valley Springs, Hoxie, Bergman, Bay, and Mammoth Springs and lost to Batesville.

biglion1985

Anyone heard how manila did at the team camp in dexter missouri today

Head Lion

Manila lost by 3 the first game & got clipped pretty good by Benton, Il. The final was 60-37, perennial powerhouse in Illinois. Won last game by 5 against New Madrid Co. All 3 schools have 1000 students in their hi school.

biglion1985

Who do we play tomorrow

Head Lion

June 18, 2016, 07:26:48 pm #43 Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 10:44:28 am by Head Lion
Just team camp, but Manila ran the table today & won all 5 games to take the championship of the upper division of Dexter team camp.  Last 2 teams we beat would be 6A schools in Ar. Team in final had 6'8" post being recruited by St Louis, SIU & Butler. Team in semis had 2 good post at 6'6" & 6'7". Great day, but 3rd week of June.

biglion1985

Sounds like we did pretty good thanks for the update head lion

Moonshiner

Quote from: vstigerz on June 15, 2016, 10:42:10 pm

They had to come from behind to beat Norfork.  And barely.

Bergman1820

Quote from: Moonshiner on June 18, 2016, 10:51:28 pm
They had to come from behind to beat Norfork.  And barely.

Well thats not good. Also Bay lost a player to an ankle injury. So who knows what difference that made.

Moonshiner

Quote from: vstigerz on June 18, 2016, 10:57:10 pm
Well thats not good. Also Bay lost a player to an ankle injury. So who knows what difference that made.

They still look pretty darn good though

Bergman1820

BoxNOne

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on June 17, 2016, 04:33:49 pm
They looked good, I'm pretty sure they beat Valley Springs, Hoxie, Bergman, Bay, and Mammoth Springs and lost to Batesville.

Riverside is loaded with talent and experience even though they won't have a senior in the rotation.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas