• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jessieville girls over Two Rivers.

Started by teachers pet, March 04, 2016, 05:27:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

teachers pet

Jessieville over Two Rivers 59-44. Two Rivers coach got a double T and was ejected!

winnersnomatterwhat

That coach should be ashamed of himself to behave like that in front of kids. Where is the sportsmanship being taught.  ??? Shame on you!

xadboy

If the refs in that game were like the ones in the Xedar Ridge/Lamar game I totally understand.

falconroots

Yes Refs were terrible.  Allowed the Jessieville post to pushing and shoving but only called fouls on TR post.  Then had blocking fouls that knocked TR players down and didn't call.  Pretty bad Refs for state play.  Foul count was very one sided. 

beach bum

You people do realize this is all just a game....... But for everyone who wants to know this is the topic where all the gaggling geese can meet and say the refs were the key to double digit losses

teachers pet

Jessieville post had 2 or 3 girls hanging on her all night, they were lucky more fouls weren't  called.

smallybells

Winners, dont ever go watch summer ball or a college game, lol.

falconroots

Funny how on another thread someone wrote that they were neutral concerning the TR/Jesseville girls game and how it was competative game until the female ref made the game about the refs.  Totally agree.  The game would have been a lot closer without the refs and a well fought lost is better than being robbed.  Hadn't been the first time a team had that happen to them though.  Refs should call consistently on both ends.  Kids getting hammered and slapped under the goal on one end with no call and then a barely touch foul called on the other is not consistent. This isn't totally about one certain game this had been a problem in many games I watched this past week.

teachers pet

The TR coach is the one that made the game about him!

falconroots

From the sounds of twitter the foul count once again favors the Jessiville girls.  8-4, hope Valley can overcome the refs and Jessieville. 

teachers pet

You can't mug #23 just because she's big, I don't know how many times she's been knocked to the floor.

Longfellow

She was knocked down twice in that game. She's not taking any more contact than any of our girls were. Here is my only complaint about the refs from that game. The same referee (the female ref), called all five of the fouls against Grace Coates. Three were offensive, two were off of the ball. Four in the first half

winnersnomatterwhat

The Coates girl probably should foul out sooner than she does. She hangs on to players and pushes and most of them aren't called. Any coach that get a double technical in a STATE tourney should be reprimanded by his school. That is just teaching kids to behave like he does. How many times has he been thrown out this year?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: winnersnomatterwhat on March 05, 2016, 10:07:51 pm
The Coates girl probably should foul out sooner than she does. She hangs on to players and pushes and most of them aren't called. Any coach that get a double technical in a STATE tourney should be reprimanded by his school. That is just teaching kids to behave like he does. How many times has he been thrown out this year?

It doesn't matter. This is his last year. He has resigned.

Longfellow

I love how you're so in tune with what our coaches teach at Two Rivers. How many games have you been too? Because I've missed 8 games since Two Rivers opened six years ago. I regularly attend practices too. I know what goes on. He may go over the top during games, but I've never seen him act like that in practice. Alexander has a temper. We know. But he's no worse than a lot of other coaches I've seen. If you're so concerned with what coaches are teaching players, why don't you apply for the job?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on March 05, 2016, 11:42:12 pm
I love how you're so in tune with what our coaches teach at Two Rivers. How many games have you been too? Because I've missed 8 games since Two Rivers opened six years ago. I regularly attend practices too. I know what goes on. He may go over the top during games, but I've never seen him act like that in practice. Alexander has a temper. We know. But he's no worse than a lot of other coaches I've seen. If you're so concerned with what coaches are teaching players, why don't you apply for the job?

Alexander has mellowed out a little bit since I first seen him at Hector...

Longfellow

I was just told that the female ref is an employee of Jessieville school district. How is that allowed to happen in a state tournament game? She should've been nowhere near that game and ends up having a big effect on the outcome

TheOfficial

Quote from: Longfellow on March 06, 2016, 11:17:26 am
I was just told that the female ref is an employee of Jessieville school district. How is that allowed to happen in a state tournament game? She should've been nowhere near that game and ends up having a big effect on the outcome

No, she is not.  That isn't correct.  Not even close.

xadboy

Quote from: TheOfficial on March 06, 2016, 12:41:48 pm
No, she is not.  That isn't correct.  Not even close.
And how do know that?

teachers pet

My wife teaches at Jessieville  and I  have never seen the female ref, someone e just trying to stir things up.

TheOfficial

Proud Buckaroo

TheOfficial

nmyeyes

I give a thumbs up for a coach fighting as hard as he can to protect his team and maybe just maybe he was using it as a tool to get his girls to play above their heads. Seen it work allot. I personally know that coach and will tell you if that is what he thinks would help his girls, he would do it. I would say I'm not a crazy person but while coaching I have been ask to leave the game. Most every time was because of a reason. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas