• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

can arkadelphia make it to state

Started by richboy, November 23, 2014, 12:51:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

richboy

Scooter2121

polksalet

swarfan

Can they? Absolutely.  Will they?  Not sure.  They have to eliminate the turnovers and get off to faster starts.  I know they beat Mena 40-28 in regular season but that was at home and now they have to play in Mena.  Mena is playing really good football right now.  If Arkadelphia protects the football then I think they will beat Mena again.

I'm predicting Malvern beats Clinton.  Malvern is really playing great the last 5-6 weeks.  Arkadelphia cannot fall behind early to Malvern.  Too many times this year the Badgers have dug a big hole early.  At Nashville they actually fell behind 18-0 only to storm back and take the lead 21-18 in 3rd quarter before falling to the Pettway show in 4th.  Malvern jumped out to a 21-0 lead on Arkadelphia and that proved to be too much to overcome. 

arklasports57

Exactly. If the Badgers can play two second half's then they have a chance. No catching up allowed at this level.

bulldoghistorian

Mena is as good as advertised. We didn't have an answer in stopping Kestersen and Daughtery.

iliveformarch

scrapiron51

I just have a feeling Mena pulls this one out. Arky gets to come to Mena this week.

polksalet

Bigbossman

Malvern wins the top side of the bracket, meets nashville at WMS and loses. Thats how this deal plays out. My biggest gripe is that its a noon game.........4a should always get the night game.

Lionheart88

They can, they've already beaten Mena once, but they're going to have to step their game up if they're going to get by Malvern/Clinton.

Scrappcheerdad

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 23, 2014, 02:02:41 pm
Malvern wins the top side of the bracket, meets nashville at WMS and loses. Thats how this deal plays out. My biggest gripe is that its a noon game.........4a should always get the night game.

^^THIS^^

fbisgreat

No they will be watching next week just like 3a Prescott is.

hogfan10

Quote from: fbisgreat on November 23, 2014, 06:41:21 pm
No they will be watching next week just like 3a Prescott is.

What does 3A Prescott have to do with Arkadelphia?

03Badger

its possible. BUT, i dont think Arkadelphia can limit turnovers enough to get to State. BUT if they do, i think the emotion gets the W in WMS....

i think Arkadelphia can beat Mena. I think Arkadelphia can beat Malvern.

turnovers will end the ride for the Badgers....

Gray lizard

There is a lot of talent on Arkadelphia's team.  Not sure why they seem to start slow.  If they come out ready to play I think they can play with any team.  Really at this point any of the teams except 2 of the teams have a good chance at winning it all.

FootBallar21

Arkadelphia has as good of shot as anyone in the top half of the bracket,  I think Malvern has to be the favorite,    Mena,  has home field in both the 3rd and 4th rounds which should give them a good shot too,   Mena lost to Arkadelphia but beat Malvern by 14.    Since then Malvern and Mena have been playing better football than Arkadelphia, I actually feel like Mena has a Much better shot in a rematch to Arkadelphia than they do vs Malvern!

hogfan10

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 24, 2014, 11:40:11 am
Arkadelphia has as good of shot as anyone in the top half of the bracket,  I think Malvern has to be the favorite,    Mena,  has home field in both the 3rd and 4th rounds which should give them a good shot too,   Mena lost to Arkadelphia but beat Malvern by 14.    Since then Malvern and Mena have been playing better football than Arkadelphia, I actually feel like Mena has a Much better shot in a rematch to Arkadelphia than they do vs Malvern!

Arkadelphia and Mena have each lost 2 games since the week b/4 (week 6) they played each other.
Arkadelphia lost to Ashdown (bad loss, in 2OTs) and Malvern.
Mena lost to Nashville and ARKADELPHIA.
Without watching both teams each week, I'm not sure how you can state Mena is playing better ball.

Arkansasfootballfan

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 24, 2014, 01:48:59 pm

Arkadelphia and Mena have each lost 2 games since the week b/4 (week 6) they played each other.
Without watching both teams each week, I'm not sure how you can state Mena is playing better ball.

Arkadelphia is playing great defense the past 7 quarters.  If they can keep that up and limit the turnovers, arkadelphia will roll mena.  Same with malvern or Clinton.

FootBallar21

Quote from: Arkansasfootballfan on November 24, 2014, 02:44:59 pm
Quote from: hogfan10 on November 24, 2014, 01:48:59 pm

Arkadelphia is playing great defense the past 7 quarters.  If they can keep that up and limit the turnovers, arkadelphia will roll mena.  Same with malvern or Clinton.

Arkadelphia will Roll Mean and Malvern LOL,     

Mena's only bad loss was to Nashville all season ,  when their best player was suspended and didn't play.    Other than that Mena has played really good all season.      Mena wins this game EASILY!   

Lionheart88

FootBallar21

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 24, 2014, 06:01:00 pm
Like they did last time? ;)

Mena Played its worse game and didn't show up at Arkadelphia on Home coming,  they will be ready to go this time, 

Bigbossman

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 24, 2014, 06:04:19 pm

Mena Played its worse game and didn't show up at Arkadelphia on Home coming,  they will be ready to go this time,
Nashville wasn't their worse game?

hogfan10

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 24, 2014, 06:09:17 pm

He's confused, Mena hasn't played a bad game this year; but they did get their tails whooped twice this year.

FootBallar21

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 24, 2014, 06:17:59 pm

He's confused, Mena hasn't played a bad game this year; but they did get their tails whooped twice this year.

How did they do that?   Losing a Close game at Arkadelphia on Home Coming is not getting your tails whipped lol,     and any Nashville supporters ,  Just go Ask,  Fountain lake,  CAC , Star City,  how Important Jackson Daughtery is to the bearcat game,    He did everything vs Fountain Lake,    he scored Td's and probably had 4 or 5 TD saving tackles vs Star City.        having him not on the field vs Nashville COMPLETELY CHANGED that game.   

swarfan

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 25, 2014, 07:21:52 am

How did they do that?   Losing a Close game at Arkadelphia on Home Coming is not getting your tails whipped lol,     and any Nashville supporters ,  Just go Ask,  Fountain lake,  CAC , Star City,  how Important Jackson Daughtery is to the bearcat game,    He did everything vs Fountain Lake,    he scored Td's and probably had 4 or 5 TD saving tackles vs Star City.        having him not on the field vs Nashville COMPLETELY CHANGED that game.   

Arkadelphia game was close at half but Arkadelphia dominated the 3rd quarter (before your superstar got ejected for throwing his punch).  The score was 37-22 at one point in the 4th.  Mena scored to cut it to 37-28 (still a two score game), then Arkadelphia kicked a FG to set the final at 40-28.  So, it wasn't a blowout but Arkadelphia was in control the entire 2nd half and won by two TDs.  As for the Nashville game, yes Daughtery may have helped but it was 35-0 late in the 4th quarter....come on man.  One player would not make that kind of difference. 

I look forward to a competitive game Friday.  I hope both teams bring their A game so there are no excuses Saturday morning.

FootBallar21

Quote from: swarfan on November 25, 2014, 07:32:49 am

Arkadelphia game was close at half but Arkadelphia dominated the 3rd quarter (before your superstar got ejected for throwing his punch).  The score was 37-22 at one point in the 4th.  Mena scored to cut it to 37-28 (still a two score game), then Arkadelphia kicked a FG to set the final at 40-28.  So, it wasn't a blowout but Arkadelphia was in control the entire 2nd half and won by two TDs.  As for the Nashville game, yes Daughtery may have helped but it was 35-0 late in the 4th quarter....come on man.  One player would not make that kind of difference. 

I look forward to a competitive game Friday.  I hope both teams bring their A game so there are no excuses Saturday morning.

were you at the Nashville game,  have you seen the film ?  Because I was there, and he would of made a HUGE difference . 

Mena received the opening kickoff and their offense proceeded to do nothing the entire first half without Daughtery .   Mena's averaging starting position in the first half was probably around its own 18 to 20 yard line,   you mix that with all 3 and outs and Mena's punter had a horrible game to,  with 20 to 35 yard punts the entire first half as well.  Nashville started 4 processions inside of Mena's territory I believe with the other 2 being close to midfield as well!   you can't have your best defensive player out of the game and Give Nashville the ball the entire first half on your side of the field and expect to be in the ball game,  it was 28-0 at the half,    to Start the 2nd half,  Mena held Nashville then drove down to inside the Nashville 10 yard line,  before Pettiway made a great play and took an interception 100 yards for the Pick 6, that ended any hopes Mena had.    this game was yes a blowout, but it was really a lot closer than one would think,   With Jackson on the field I can promise you Mena would not of been 3 and out the entire first half giving Nashville great field position.       

I believe he was At least good enough to have made the difference in Mena scoring 1 TD in the first half, and if you account for that and the time of procession and Mena moving the ball more not giving Nashville great field possession all game,   The first Half would of ended probably 14-7 instead of 28-0!

I just know much live Mena is looking forward to a rematch with Arkadelphia this week,  they would love a rematch with Nashville in Little Rock as well.     tough road for both teams to get there though,    I like Mena's chances a little bit better Just because probably the 3 best teams left are all on the bottom of the bracket,  Nashville, Dardanelle, and Warren! 

hogfan10

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 25, 2014, 07:41:01 am

were you at the Nashville game,  have you seen the film ?  Because I was there, and he would of made a HUGE difference . 

Mena received the opening kickoff and their offense proceeded to do nothing the entire first half without Daughtery .   Mena's averaging starting position in the first half was probably around its own 18 to 20 yard line,   you mix that with all 3 and outs and Mena's punter had a horrible game to,  with 20 to 35 yard punts the entire first half as well.  Nashville started 4 processions inside of Mena's territory I believe with the other 2 being close to midfield as well!   you can't have your best defensive player out of the game and Give Nashville the ball the entire first half on your side of the field and expect to be in the ball game,  it was 28-0 at the half,    to Start the 2nd half,  Mena held Nashville then drove down to inside the Nashville 10 yard line,  before Pettiway made a great play and took an interception 100 yards for the Pick 6, that ended any hopes Mena had.    this game was yes a blowout, but it was really a lot closer than one would think,   With Jackson on the field I can promise you Mena would not of been 3 and out the entire first half giving Nashville great field position.       

I believe he was At least good enough to have made the difference in Mena scoring 1 TD in the first half, and if you account for that and the time of procession and Mena moving the ball more not giving Nashville great field possession all game,   The first Half would of ended probably 14-7 instead of 28-0!

I just know much live Mena is looking forward to a rematch with Arkadelphia this week,  they would love a rematch with Nashville in Little Rock as well.     tough road for both teams to get there though,    I like Mena's chances a little bit better Just because probably the 3 best teams left are all on the bottom of the bracket,  Nashville, Dardanelle, and Warren!

Either you're originally from Nashville/Warren, or there is something really bad in the drinking water in Mena.

FootBallar21

wondering where all the Arkadelphia supporters are who said they would ROLL mena again lol

AirWarren

They are still crying about no visitor space and not opening the visitor gates for them in a timely fashion.

hogfan10

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 29, 2014, 01:15:53 pm
wondering where all the Arkadelphia supporters are who said they would ROLL mena again lol

I don't think anybody predicted Arkadelphia would roll Mena. I think most of our fans were wondering why or how Mena fans were so confident in a Mena win. The game was a toss up last night. I thought Arkadelphia played a pretty bad game last night, and I'm sure that wasn't Mena's best effort either.
All that said, it was a pretty good year for the Badgers; quarter finals in a rebuilding year.

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2014, 01:18:39 pm
They are still crying about no visitor space and not opening the visitor gates for them in a timely fashion.

No, unfortunately Warren is the only school that has done that to our fanbase. Just something else lumberjack's fans can be proud of.

AirWarren

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 29, 2014, 06:25:20 pm

No, unfortunately Warren is the only school that has done that to our fanbase. Just something else lumberjack's fans can be proud of.

Boo hoo :(

LJ06

Still find it funny you guys couldn't walk 60 yards to the home hate that was wide open.

AirWarren

That wasn't red carpet enough for them.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LJ06 on November 29, 2014, 09:51:25 pm

Still find it funny you guys couldn't walk 60 yards to the home hate that was wide open.
Yeah, that's mind boggling.

hogfan10

November 29, 2014, 10:39:21 pm #36 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 10:48:43 pm by hogfan10

I find it funny that Y'ALL are the ones that continue to bring this up. Not a lot to talk about in Warren, I guess. To clear things up though, it's my understanding that the main gate would not take our money, and made us wait for the visitors gate to open. I arrived just b/4 kickoff and walked through the home side gate. Didn't even realize there was two gates until after the game.

hogfan10

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 29, 2014, 10:03:05 pm

Yeah, that's mind boggling.

I have the feeling you're mind is often boggled.

LJ06

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 29, 2014, 10:39:21 pm

I find it funny that Y'ALL are the ones that continue to bring this up. Not a lot to talk about in Warren, I guess. To clear things up though, it's my understanding that the main gate would not take our money, and made us wait for the visitors gate to open. I arrived just b/4 kickoff and walked through the home side gate. Didn't even realize there was two gates until after the game.

Well for future reference for Arkadelphia fans, anybody can come through the home gate. It's okay I promise.

AirWarren

3 gates actually.

theeunderdog4

Actually I'm pretty sure it was 33-28 at one point in second half... Then Arkie scored and made PAT to make it 40-28. Never was 37-28.

hogfan10

Quote from: LJ06 on November 29, 2014, 11:03:07 pm

Well for future reference for Arkadelphia fans, anybody can come through the home gate. It's okay I promise.

Good to know. So next time if they won't sell you a ticket, just walk in anyways.

hogfan10

Quote from: theeunderdog4 on November 30, 2014, 12:06:45 am

Actually I'm pretty sure it was 33-28 at one point in second half... Then Arkie scored and made PAT to make it 40-28. Never was 37-28.

Not that it matters, but I'm pretty sure the Badgers last points was a field goal (in both games against Mena).

FootBallar21

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 29, 2014, 06:22:01 pm

I don't think anybody predicted Arkadelphia would roll Mena. I think most of our fans were wondering why or how Mena fans were so confident in a Mena win. The game was a toss up last night. I thought Arkadelphia played a pretty bad game last night, and I'm sure that wasn't Mena's best effort either.
All that said, it was a pretty good year for the Badgers; quarter finals in a rebuilding year.

Yea I don't think it was either teams best game,  both made lots of mistakes.   I just felt Mena would win a close game,   as they did .   

scrapiron51

hogfan10

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 30, 2014, 11:38:48 am

Yea I don't think it was either teams best game,  both made lots of mistakes.   I just felt Mena would win a close game,   as they did .

I think Mena was definitely the better team Friday night.

mr.b@sc

i have walked through the home gate about every game that i attended at warren, the visitor gate is opened about 10 minutes after the home gate at most schools....

hogfan10

Quote from: mr.b@sc on November 30, 2014, 06:30:51 pm

i have walked through the home gate about every game that i attended at warren, the visitor gate is opened about 10 minutes after the home gate at most schools....
Maybe this is how they treat the fans of legitimate threats? Or maybe they were caught off guard by the # of fans that showed up that early. Like I said I went through the home gate, it wasn't an issue for me; but evidently it was for some. I'd also like to reiterate that Badger fans aren't bringing this up Warren fans are. Why I don't know? Maybe they like the appearance of being inhospitable, I guess they'd need to answer that for us.

richboy

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 30, 2014, 02:53:18 pm
Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 30, 2014, 11:38:48 am

I think Mena was definitely the better team Friday night.

First off yall wasn't there we would of beat them by 3 touchdowns but everytime we had it they would grab or trip our reviewer and the refs never called it. They should of also been spotted on the 1 but instead for some reason they put them on the 5 when clearly it was seen at the 1 even the radio said their was alot of bad calls and missed flags. So talk what you know :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas