• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clinton at Malvern

Started by BannerMountainMan, November 22, 2014, 01:16:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

taclark1996

Should be a good game, both teams looking good to this point. One of the parades is going to have to come to a end. I expect this game to be close

THE D.O.C

What style of offense does Clinton play, something tells me they run a lot based on the QB stats.

whippersnapper

Clinton is a wing t team. Pretty good sized line. Old school team. Mixes in some spread like everyone.

Spotty

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 22, 2014, 01:02:40 pm
Clinton is a wing t team. Pretty good sized line. Old school team. Mixes in some spread like everyone.

I'm guessing lots of option out of that wing t?

whippersnapper

Quote from: Spotty on November 22, 2014, 01:06:22 pm

Dufrene at qb is pretty good. Lester at fullback and mlb is one of the best at his position in 4a. When I have watched them they don't try to get to fancy. Pretty much get 2-3 wing t formations a game with about 6-7 plays. Satisfied with 3 yards

THE D.O.C

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 22, 2014, 04:38:51 pm
Quote from: Spotty on November 22, 2014, 01:06:22 pm

Dufrene at qb is pretty good. Lester at fullback and mlb is one of the best at his position in 4a. When I have watched them they don't try to get to fancy. Pretty much get 2-3 wing t formations a game with about 6-7 plays. Satisfied with 3 yards
3 yards and a cloud of dust. WOW ball control

taclark1996

November 22, 2014, 05:06:43 pm #7 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 12:12:57 pm by taclark1996
Clinton by 7

Cobra73

I'm going with Malvern, they have played really well up to this point.
MALVERN (35)   CLINTON (21)

Bigbossman

November 23, 2014, 12:00:01 am #9 Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 08:46:19 am by Bigbossman
Malvern wins it,  much props to clinton in defeating DWay though. And no disrespect,  I just think malvern owns the top of the bracket.

Side note: I also think malvern meets Nashville at wms.

Scooter2121

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 23, 2014, 12:00:01 am
Malvern wins it,  much props to clinton in defeating DWay though. And disrespect,  I just think malvern owns the top of the bracket.

Side note: I also think malvern meets Nashville at wms.
+1^^^^^

bulldoghistorian

When I saw the Clinton Dollarway final score, I did a double take lol! How did that happen?

4aforlife

Although I like clinton 20x more now for beating Dollarway I just think malvern finds a way to win but should be close

Bigbossman

Quote from: 4aforlife on November 23, 2014, 12:01:04 pm
Although I like clinton 20x more now for beating Dollarway I just think malvern finds a way to win but should be close
+1

BannerMountainMan

polksalet

An elite wr, a wr better than most teams have, a freaking savage at running back, the other rb is better than the best back in most 4a districts, big nasty oline, a qb who can hand off to those backs and make big throws when he needs to. d is above average at most positions.

Bigbossman

They have a runningback thats built like a kettlebell.

polksalet

THE D.O.C

A total commitment to "TEAM" is what I see. When you add talent and discipline it makes playing the game fun. They don't crack under pressure they just turn it up. Malvern has 2 running backs that have different styles, they also have game break speed. Malvern can attack you from several different ways. If you load the box they can attack you with the pass and  if you play press coverage the receivers will burn you. If you play them zone the o-line will make holes for the RB's.  If the receivers are covered the QB is just as fast as the RB's. The defense is very underrated, they are good stopping the run. The DB's are athletic and the linebackers play run/pass well. The D-line is strong and quick, and the DE's contain well and are long and fast. Like I've always said, "one game at a time". These coaches are good at preparing for the next game, they use the same approach as Patriots coach Bill Belichick uses with the media. "We're focusing on our next game with Clinton" LOL

taclark1996

Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 23, 2014, 03:28:29 pm
A total commitment to "TEAM" is what I see. When you add talent and discipline it makes playing the game fun. They don't crack under pressure they just turn it up. Malvern has 2 running backs that have different styles, they also have game break speed. Malvern can attack you from several different ways. If you load the box they can attack you with the pass and  if you play press coverage the receivers will burn you. If you play them zone the o-line will make holes for the RB's.  If the receivers are covered the QB is just as fast as the RB's. The defense is very underrated, they are good stopping the run. The DB's are athletic and the linebackers play run/pass well. The D-line is strong and quick, and the DE's contain well and are long and fast. Like I've always said, "one game at a time". These coaches are good at preparing for the next game, they use the same approach as Patriots coach Bill Belichick uses with the media. "We're focusing on our next game with Clinton" LOL
Malvern sounds a lot like Clinton, strong o-line, good preparing coaches, run-stoping defense and great running back. I can't wait to see this game.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: taclark1996 on November 23, 2014, 04:04:57 pm
Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 23, 2014, 03:28:29 pm
Malvern sounds a lot like Clinton, strong o-line, good preparing coaches, run-stoping defense and great running back. I can't wait to see this game.
Well....they mix it up on offense.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: polksalet on November 23, 2014, 02:37:47 pm
An elite wr, a wr better than most teams have, a freaking savage at running back, the other rb is better than the best back in most 4a districts, big nasty oline, a qb who can hand off to those backs and make big throws when he needs to. d is above average at most positions.
Sounds like they should be undefeated way you are talking

WalterWhite

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 23, 2014, 07:02:14 pm
They are that good. Clinton will get all they could possibly want friday night. Ill say this im beyond confident nashville can get past dardanelle, but the idea of meating malvern again troubles me. I know nothing about Clinton,  they very well may have what it takes. This should be a great game. If you've never been to malvern its a great environment for friday night football. You will love the visitors side pressbox.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: WalterWhite on November 23, 2014, 09:10:51 pm
They are that good. Clinton will get all they could possibly want friday night. Ill say this im beyond confident nashville can get past dardanelle, but the idea of meating malvern again troubles me. I know nothing about Clinton,  they very well may have what it takes. This should be a great game. If you've never been to malvern its a great environment for friday night football. You will love the visitors side pressbox.
Leave the visitors pressbox out of it. It's bad enough someone called it an old fireworks stand.

polksalet

Nashville is very, very fortunate to have beaten Malvern. I don't know how they have another loss.

polksalet

If Clinton has two elite corners and 3-4 top level dline man they can hold Malvern to 28.

STUNNA

You need to worry about the next two games before you worry about malvern

Bigbossman

Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 23, 2014, 09:37:40 pm
Leave the visitors pressbox out of it. It's bad enough someone called it an old fireworks stand.
that might have been me, but you gotta know that if it was, I meant it as a term of endearment. I actually look forward to the years we play there. It's my favorite place to watch a football game.

WalterWhite

Quote from: STUNNA on November 23, 2014, 09:54:10 pm

You need to worry about the next two games before you worry about malvern
just my opinion.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 23, 2014, 10:34:57 pm
that might have been me, but you gotta know that if it was, I meant it as a term of endearment. I actually look forward to the years we play there. It's my favorite place to watch a football game.
That was a gut punch but we'll except your "term of endearment"

SUGARTOWN

The visitors press box is like an old deer stand. And you'd better hope it doesn't rain because it leaks.

Gray lizard

Will be pulling for Clinton keep it going. 

THE D.O.C

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 24, 2014, 06:55:54 am
The visitors press box is like an old deer stand. And you'd better hope it doesn't rain because it leaks.
Well, what-cha expect the visitors pressbox to look like AT&T Stadium?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 24, 2014, 10:32:43 am
Actually I would expect you not to have a "visitors" press box at all. I had never even seen one until a couple years ago. It's just a little strange. Most places accommodate visiting media in the regular home press box (except for Dardanelle apparently).

FootBallar21

Malvern wins big !   35 - 7

Spotty

Malvern is pretty good in that they are good enough in all aspects of offense to force you to give up something else they can exploit. Usually the run up the middle and throw WR screens to get your corners to play up close and the safeties up near the line and between the hashes. They can nickel and dime most teams all the way down the field if they don't sell out up close to the LOS. When they do crowd, Bradford, Dickens, and Elliot are big, fast, physical WRs that can beat the vast majority of corners one on one deep. Very few teams have three corners that can man up on them. Add a QB that throws a beautiful deep ball, and you can score some points.

Bigbossman

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 24, 2014, 11:48:21 am
Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 24, 2014, 10:32:43 am
Actually I would expect you not to have a "visitors" press box at all. I had never even seen one until a couple years ago. It's just a little strange. Most places accommodate visiting media in the regular home press box (except for Dardanelle apparently).
it may be a thing of the past sugar, nashville had one up until the early 90's maybe longer.  And our little neighbor to the south mineral springs has one that's only like I two years old. I personally hope malvern never gets rid of it, it's adds to the feel of the place. But I know what you mean you dont see them real often.

Apache4Life

Good Luck Clinton..pulling for you guys..go 4-4 !

Yardbird

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 23, 2014, 02:10:14 pm
Quote from: 4aforlife on November 23, 2014, 12:01:04 pm
+1
Hz ★★Clinton★★   by a field goal
                       ★Dardenelle★        by 15

Captain_Caveman

The thing we noticed most about Malvern's backs before we played them was the fact that they both hit the line running down hill.  Don't get me wrong, they are very capable of making people miss, but seem to enjoy running through people as well.  The QB does a very good job of getting rid of the ball quickly and not taking sacks.  They have the capability to run by you on the outside and he does a good job of throwing catchable balls.  Their slot receiver is small, but does a very good job running once the ball is in his hands.  As far as Defense is concerned, they are not overly big, but they can all run.  From the Defensive tackles to the secondary they pursue the ball really well.  We are a power football team and run the double wing.  It gave them trouble early and we were able to jump to a 16-6 lead.  However, they made adjustments and the going became a lot tougher the rest of the game.  We scored 22 and felt really good about our efforts on the offensive side of the ball that night.  Another thing they benefit from is the fact that they play only about 1 or 2 guys both ways.  We played 9 both ways that night and trying to do our punishing style then chase them all over the field was an issue for sure.  I don't know what kind of numbers Clinton has or how many play on both sides of the ball, but it could be a factor.  I know both teams will be prepared and ready to go.  Malvern was very hospitable and it was a great atmosphere for high school football.  Enjoy it guys, these games are hard to come by but the memories last forever.  I tell our guys all the time that in 20 years they will have all been All-State players and made more tackles and scored more touchdowns than what really occurred.  I mean as far as my team knows, I was an All-American!  LOL

THE D.O.C

November 25, 2014, 02:37:13 pm #40 Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:56:33 pm by THE D.O.C
Quote from: Captain_Caveman on November 25, 2014, 02:06:24 pm
The thing we noticed most about Malvern's backs before we played them was the fact that they both hit the line running down hill.  Don't get me wrong, they are very capable of making people miss, but seem to enjoy running through people as well.  The QB does a very good job of getting rid of the ball quickly and not taking sacks.  They have the capability to run by you on the outside and he does a good job of throwing catchable balls.  Their slot receiver is small, but does a very good job running once the ball is in his hands.  As far as Defense is concerned, they are not overly big, but they can all run.  From the Defensive tackles to the secondary they pursue the ball really well.  We are a power football team and run the double wing.  It gave them trouble early and we were able to jump to a 16-6 lead.  However, they made adjustments and the going became a lot tougher the rest of the game.  We scored 22 and felt really good about our efforts on the offensive side of the ball that night.  Another thing they benefit from is the fact that they play only about 1 or 2 guys both ways.  We played 9 both ways that night and trying to do our punishing style then chase them all over the field was an issue for sure.  I don't know what kind of numbers Clinton has or how many play on both sides of the ball, but it could be a factor.  I know both teams will be prepared and ready to go.  Malvern was very hospitable and it was a great atmosphere for high school football.  Enjoy it guys, these games are hard to come by but the memories last forever.  I tell our guys all the time that in 20 years they will have all been All-State players and made more tackles and scored more touchdowns than what really occurred.  I mean as far as my team knows, I was an All-American!  LOL
Cave City ran the double wing with a tight formation and the QB did a good job of deception when he turned his back. Cave City started off looking pretty good moving the ball but the two TD's was all the starters for Malvern gave up the 1st quarter. Malvern made adjustments on defense to slow them. Cave City will be tough next year. Malvern's D-line is average. When I say average I'm talking muscle because no one has stomach to slow them down. Offensively Malvern has multiple formations with different personnel that will play. They don't have to be small at slot it's just more effective to be small at that position. Throughout the season I can count 5 different RB's 2 different QB's. The team is loaded with speed and size. The O-Line is big averaging around 6-2 and 260lbs mainly muscle. DB's are smart and fast, LB's are the same.

retiredplayer

Malvern will win by 14 or more.  I don't doubt Clinton is a good team they wouldn't be this far in playoffs if they weren't but dollarway slipped up and lost.  So I say Clintons road end in Malvern. 

Spotty

I haven't seen Clinton play, so I don't feel real comfortable making a prediction. I do think it would be a tall order for any team in this class to win back to back road games at Dollarway and Malvern, the latter I know hasn't lost a home game this year.

All I know about Clinton is that they beat Dollarway at their place, so that makes me raise my eyebrows.

THE D.O.C

November 25, 2014, 05:18:00 pm #43 Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 05:28:19 pm by THE D.O.C
This time of year (playoffs) weather plays a tremendous part with all teams making a run for War Memorial. Most teams in the northern part of the state are use to the cold climate. Along with the colder climate, you have teams that play on natural surfaces which can get pretty muddy and uneven for teams that are use to a turf field. I understand that boys play in the dirt but today some boys like their uniforms clean. During the week of the Dollarway game the rain was pretty heavy and Dollarway's field is a natural surface. I was told the field was pretty bad.  I personally think Clinton beat Dollarway in an environment  both teams were use to but Clinton was more geared for that style of game and beat Dollarway at it.  I also haven't seen Clinton play so I can't really say how the game will turn out but I've been watching teams play for a few years and weather and conditions really factor into how a team respond.

Mulerider

tmycjy

I'm saying malvern 31 Clinton 26

THE D.O.C

IT'S GAME DAY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! Where are all the chatters?

LizardAlum10

Pulling for Clinton!! Go 4-4A!

taclark1996

Good game to both teams, Clinton gave a good effort but came up short, it's been a good season to be a yellow jacket fan

Spotty

Clinton may be the most well-coached team we've played this year. They play hard and play to their strengths. They never quit when Malvern gave them every excuse to. We'd get three scores ahead and they'd answer. Lester kid is very impressive with the ball in his hands. Very physical football team. We're pretty physical too, but we had several players come up gimpy. It was physical enough that this game may affect us next week.

Good game, Yellowjackets.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas