• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Star City @ Mena 2nd Round

Started by whippersnapper, November 14, 2014, 11:25:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FootBallar21

Why did Star City loose so UGLY to Hamburg and Warren ?

HeberFan

Nobody from Heber is talking trash.

Big Fan

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 16, 2014, 08:41:58 pm
Why did Star City loose so UGLY to Hamburg and Warren ?
Here we go..............

FootBallar21

looking at some similar teams played,   it does go in the 7-4A 's Advantage that they maybe better than the 8-4A this year!

Camden Fairview beat both Dollarway and Hamburg, in non conference,   Hamburg by 19 Points,  Then lost to Hot Springs 38-20.   
The Same Hot Springs team that both Mena and Arkadelphia beat! 

Big Fan

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 16, 2014, 09:16:43 pm
looking at some similar teams played,   it does go in the 7-4A 's Advantage that they maybe better than the 8-4A this year!

Camden Fairview beat both Dollarway and Hamburg, in non conference,   Hamburg by 19 Points,  Then lost to Hot Springs 38-20.   
Oh boy..........

STUNNA

Comparing scores is bad.. Lol

FootBallar21

Quote from: STUNNA on November 16, 2014, 09:21:10 pm

I know it proves nothing,  Just like at the 7-4A in general lol,   Just trying to find any common ground to compare  the 7 and 8-4A this year is tough,    and I personally believe the 7-4A is a notch ahead of the 8-4A this year.      games like Mena vs Star City,  and probably next week, Malvern At Dollarway will decide if I am correct or not though !   

STUNNA

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 16, 2014, 09:23:32 pm

So far in the playoffs the 8-4a has the best win so far

I know it proves nothing,  Just like at the 7-4A in general lol,   Just trying to find any common ground to compare  the 7 and 8-4A this year is tough,    and I personally believe the 7-4A is a notch ahead of the 8-4A this year.      games like Mena vs Star City,  and probably next week, Malvern At Dollarway will decide if I am correct or not though !   

FootBallar21

Quote from: STUNNA on November 16, 2014, 09:25:12 pm
Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 16, 2014, 09:23:32 pm

So far in the playoffs the 8-4a has the best win so far

Both still have 4 teams left, and the 7-4A looked very good to,  with our 4th seed Arkadelphia winning easily at #2 seed Pottsville a team ranked right behind Newport!   Malvern won easily as well, and Mena was up 40-3 before benching starters and winning 40-9!  Both Conferences did what they were supposed to Friday night!

CounterPunch

Comparing scores gets you beat. Here's a good example....Warren beat Star City handily (although it was an even game through 3 quarters), then Dway beats Warren fairly easily, and Star City defeats Dway. Never compare scores. Football is all about match ups and who is hot at the right time.

HeberFan

I prefer to analyze games after they are played

mossflyer

theeunderdog4

I've been thinking hard about this game for a while now. I think Mena corners are good enough to play man in this game. That allows safeties to help with the run game, which IMO is the biggest key to this game. I'm just going off of the little knowledge I have, so don't freak out about this. From what I hear, SC has a good running back (5-11, 220?). SC seems to have a pretty good passing game too, but like I said, Mena corners are very capable of handling that. So. What kind of Defense does SC have? Strengths, weeknesses?

mossflyer

Star city's run defense is pretty stout. Their pass defense is a little suspect.

Mena'a qb is a solid tough kid, but I don't think he's the best that star city has faced. He's a tough runner and throws the ball ok. He will have to be accurate and mena will have to throw the ball to win in my opinion.

HeberFan

Funny how the Newport radio announcers said that Star City fans were some of the most mild, unexcited fans they had ever seen

Jack1990

Well now that can't be right.  According to everyone on this board, the SC fans are heathens that belong behind bars! LOL

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: HeberFan on November 17, 2014, 07:31:54 am
Funny how the Newport radio announcers said that Star City fans were some of the most mild, unexcited fans they had ever seen
he must have been drunk.

mr.b@sc

Quote from: Oldman on November 17, 2014, 09:27:40 am
Quote from: HeberFan on November 17, 2014, 07:31:54 am
he must have been drunk.
nope i wasn't even there...lol

Bulldog92

Quote from: Big Fan on November 16, 2014, 08:34:44 pm
Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 16, 2014, 08:30:39 pm
Heber I guess you are practicing bouncing from thread to thread because after Friday nights trip to Warren there definitely won't be a Heber thread unless you go to the basketball forum!!  Have a safe trip!!
Who are you referring to DA?  You are right that Heber will be gone after this week.
Well I am going to take it that DA stands for dumb butt!! So with that being said I believe the first word in my post is Heber not BigFan so the only DA would be you for not being able read simple English!!  No where in my comment was your name mentioned.

Bulldog92

Quote from: theeunderdog4 on November 16, 2014, 10:42:19 pm
I've been thinking hard about this game for a while now. I think Mena corners are good enough to play man in this game. That allows safeties to help with the run game, which IMO is the biggest key to this game. I'm just going off of the little knowledge I have, so don't freak out about this. From what I hear, SC has a good running back (5-11, 220?). SC seems to have a pretty good passing game too, but like I said, Mena corners are very capable of handling that. So. What kind of Defense does SC have? Strengths, weeknesses?
I'm not freaking out about what you said because it's fact. The corners at Warren and DW and hamburg could all go man to man because of their speed so we have seen some really good corners but we have some receivers that have a way of getting open. With that being said I haven't seen Menas play so your corners could be the best we've seen and completely shut them down. I'm looking for another good game just like last week.

FootBallar21

Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 17, 2014, 10:31:23 am
I'm not freaking out about what you said because it's fact. The corners at Warren and DW and hamburg could all go man to man because of their speed so we have seen some really good corners but we have some receivers that have a way of getting open. With that being said I haven't seen Menas play so your corners could be the best we've seen and completely shut them down. I'm looking for another good game just like last week.

Mena's corners are really good,  the best one, is probably the smallest one though but he will be matched up against your best WR all game, Zane Sheerer.   He is listed at 5'7" 140.    But he has perfect technique and really good speed.   He was matched up against CAC's best WR last week who was probably 6'4" 180.  and Shut him down all game!     CAC had 2 really tall WR's both around the 6'3, 6'4" mark and their QB would just throw it up sometimes a jump ball and the Mena secondary won every single one of those jump balls,  with skill and technique!   

your name here

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 17, 2014, 02:36:27 pm

Mena's corners are really good,  the best one, is probably the smallest one though but he will be matched up against your best WR all game, Zane Sheerer.   He is listed at 5'7" 140.    But he has perfect technique and really good speed.   He was matched up against CAC's best WR last week who was probably 6'4" 180.  and Shut him down all game!     CAC had 2 really tall WR's both around the 6'3, 6'4" mark and their QB would just throw it up sometimes a jump ball and the Mena secondary won every single one of those jump balls,  with skill and technique!   
Then the QB was throwing it to the wrong spot.

Clintonjacket44

Watched Star City on film for the first time today, and wow. Y'all for sure aren't losing because of lack of size lol. The bulldogs played an excellent game against Dollarway. This could really end up being one of the top 2nd round matchups. Mostly because it's a showdown between the 8-4A and 7-4A. Good luck to both teams!

Bulldog92

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 17, 2014, 02:36:27 pm

I hope we can run the ball then, because dang sure aren't that tall and probably aren't as fast as the CAC WR's.

CounterPunch

Watched Mena last night. Good QB with good arm and can tuck and run well. Defense is salty but not as good as Newports which gave our RB lots of room to make plays. I feel like Star City has a big advantage at the line of scrimmage much like we did against Newport. Again I think that will be the difference in this game. Harris will have 200+

Star City 35
Mena 21

FootBallar21

Quote from: CounterPunch on November 17, 2014, 04:55:44 pm
Watched Mena last night. Good QB with good arm and can tuck and run well. Defense is salty but not as good as Newports which gave our RB lots of room to make plays. I feel like Star City has a big advantage at the line of scrimmage much like we did against Newport. Again I think that will be the difference in this game. Harris will have 200+

Star City 35
Mena 21

DId you watch the Mena film vs Fountain Lake?    Mena will load the box like they did that game if needed to keep any RB from getting to close to 200 Yards.   

CounterPunch

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 17, 2014, 10:34:19 pm

Star City 35
Mena 21
if you load the box we will throw for 250+

DId you watch the Mena film vs Fountain Lake?    Mena will load the box like they did that game if needed to keep any RB from getting to close to 200 Yards.   

FootBallar21

Quote from: CounterPunch on November 17, 2014, 10:39:18 pm

Star City 35
Mena 21

Oh I forgot Mena is playing the New England Patriots this weekend!   Either way 200 Yards Rushing and a loss or 250 Passing and a loss!     Guess I will change my plans and forgo watching the game!

CounterPunch

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 18, 2014, 12:18:56 am
Quote from: CounterPunch on November 17, 2014, 10:39:18 pm

Star City 35
Mena 21

Oh I forgot Mena is playing the New England Patriots this weekend!   Either way 200 Yards Rushing and a loss or 250 Passing and a loss!     Guess I will change my plans and forgo watching the game!
You really shouldn't even show up. It will be a waste of your time if you expect a Mena win.  ;D

your name here

I'm not sure I would load the box.

Bulldog92

Footballer I just hope SC can make a game of it. Shutting our running game down by loading the box, dominating our oline, and with y'all's shut down corners Mena sounds impressive. I haven't watched them play on film but getting worried about what I'm hearing!!

your name here

paraloma

How does a four seed get a home game in the third round?

Eddie Goodson

Only way a four gets a home game is if they play another 4 or a 5. Best seed always has home field in the 4a.

Bulldog92

Who's the four seed your talking about?

bulldoghistorian

If Arki and Star City both win this week, then Arki would host Star City as a 4 seed in the quarter finals.

hogfan10

Quote from: paraloma on November 18, 2014, 01:12:41 pm
How does a four seed get a home game in the third round?

If they're playing a 5 seed. The answer is obvious isn't it?

southernboy

Star City wins! The QB has a big game!

CounterPunch

Boy I tell you what, them Bulldogs are ready! Keep winning baby!

paraloma

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on November 18, 2014, 01:26:45 pm
If Arki and Star City both win this week, then Arki would host Star City as a 4 seed in the quarter finals.

Exactly.

BigPappy92

Underdog88

I made it to last weeks game at Newport. Star city's O-line is HUGE. Havnt seen much of Menas defense, how good are they? Do they have a good chance to stop the Harris kid?

Bulldog92

Quote from: BigPappy92 on November 19, 2014, 11:18:59 am
Mena wins BIG!!  47-17
Really?  What have you seen with either team to say that Mena is going to win by 30?  Just wondering?!

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Mena wins BIG!!  47-17
Good post BigPappy!! I can't stand Star City during the regular season but if you think Mena is going to drop 47 points on Star City then you are dreaming.... Prepare for basketball season after Friday night is my advice..   

your name here

Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 19, 2014, 12:09:35 pm
Mena wins BIG!!  47-17
Really?  What have you seen with either team to say that Mena is going to win by 30?  Just wondering?!
Bulldog haven't you heard? They are gonna load the box.

your name here

BigPappy92

Mena's offense is really good this year and puts up good yardage every week, from running the ball to throwing it.  Defense is pretty salty too, with a great line and and secondary.  Like they say in Mena: No Place Like Home!!

BigPappy92

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on November 19, 2014, 12:37:00 pm
Mena wins BIG!!  47-17
Good post BigPappy!! I can't stand Star City during the regular season but if you think Mena is going to drop 47 points on Star City then you are dreaming.... Prepare for basketball season after Friday night is my advice..

We will just have to wait and see on Friday!!

Bulldog92

Quote from: your name here on November 19, 2014, 01:52:25 pm
Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 19, 2014, 12:09:35 pm
Mena wins BIG!!  47-17
Bulldog haven't you heard? They are gonna load the box.
Dang it I forgot!!

Bulldog92

Quote from: BigPappy92 on November 19, 2014, 02:04:12 pm
Mena's offense is really good this year and puts up good yardage every week, from running the ball to throwing it.  Defense is pretty salty too, with a great line and and secondary.  Like they say in Mena: No Place Like Home!!
Have you seen anyone play other than Mena and the teams on their schedule? 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas