• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malvern @ Pea Ridge - Round 2

Started by prHOG13, November 14, 2014, 10:57:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

prHOG13

Slow start for Malvern tonight before getting things going. Didn't look as impressive as I thought they would. Going to be a very interesting matchup in this one. I think this will be a great game. Pea Ridge jumps out to an early lead and holds off on a comeback to hang on.

Pea Ridge by 8 (28-20) to move to 11-0

THE D.O.C

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 14, 2014, 10:57:20 pm
Slow start for Malvern tonight before getting things going. Didn't look as impressive as I thought they would. Going to be a very interesting matchup in this one. I think this will be a great game. Pea Ridge jumps out to an early lead and holds off on a comeback to hang on.

Don't be fooled, you didn't see the whole package. Coaching strategy

NoRetreat

prHOG13

Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 14, 2014, 11:11:00 pm

enjoy the drive up here sweetheart, because the drive home is going to be a long one

1forall

THE D.O.C

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 14, 2014, 11:38:51 pm
Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 14, 2014, 11:11:00 pm

enjoy the drive up here sweetheart, because the drive home is going to be a long one
You better shake off that rust from the bye week cause speed is coming to town.

Cfpr

Speed is already here!!! PR should be playing the same game that they have all season. Defense will hold opponent to 2 touchdowns or less, and offense will put up 3 touchdowns or more. Hoping for a good, injury free game for both sides. Malvern 14 - PR 27
Win, lose, or draw. Welcome to our little town Malvern. We have a very nice, new facility that is among the best in the state. We are blessed to be hosting you and hopefully everyone will treat you with respect while you are here. We are a welcoming little town and that shouldn't change for a playoff game. Safe travels.
Offense wins games, but defense wins championships. Go BLACKHAWKS!!!

STUNNA

AirWarren

Ole Legend

So far this year, almost every team that PR has played has talked trash on here. Most weeks people talk about how they are gonna beat PR by multiple touchdowns. The ironic thing is that PR is still undefeated, and that will not change this week. 28-14 PR.

iivydriff

November 15, 2014, 10:44:23 am #10 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 12:44:39 am by iivydriff
Pea Ridge doesn't need to go into this game thinking its an easy one. Dont let Malverns record fool you. Some places has Malvern ranked or placed higher in the standings than Warren. We dont need to get cocky, we are the underdog and we dont need to forget that. Better be ready to get serious. This Malvern team can put a beat down on PR and will, if we dont take care of business.

Fridaynightlights🏈

Malvern needs to control their mouths. Hear crazy things from the stands

FootBallar21

Malvern opens up the offense wins big,  makes point!

Malvern 35
Pea Ridge 17

Cfpr

35 points against pr? How many qtrs do you think this game is?

Spotty

Quote from: Fridaynightlights🏈 on November 15, 2014, 11:23:25 am
Malvern needs to control their mouths. Hear crazy things from the stands

Where are you from and why were you in the Malvern stands?

Arkansasfootballfan

Quote from: Cfpr on November 15, 2014, 04:12:03 pm
35 points against pr? How many qtrs do you think this game is?

Pea ridge hasn't played any offenses like malvern.

Cfpr

Malvern hasn't seen any defenses like pea ridge's.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Cfpr on November 15, 2014, 05:56:11 pm

Lol I am confident they have but you will get a chance to prove your point next week.

Spotty

I haven't seen Pea Ridge play, so I honestly don't know. I thought we'd drum Lincoln last year, but I proved to be mistaken.

Arkansasfootballfan

Quote from: Cfpr on November 15, 2014, 05:56:11 pm

Nashville and Lake Hamilton both have better defenses than Pea Ridge

Cfpr

We shall see. Should be a good game.

RedMan

Hey cfpr don't even get in an arguing match with them guys  Nashville or Warren they are not worth the time. All they want to talk about is how they are the only teams in 4A that play competition.

Cfpr

Nothing like a little banter. Lol. As u can see from earlier posts in this thread, I'm not a very good trash talker. Just a true fan of pea ridge and high school football. Win, lose, draw this has been a fun year with the hawks. No real super stars on this team, just a bunch of pretty good players with huge hearts. Don't count out a bunch of boys that WANT it. 

mtindian42

USA TODAY SCORE PREDICTOR. MALVERN 28 PR 21.

NoRetreat

THE D.O.C

Quote from: NoRetreat on November 16, 2014, 08:06:39 am
Quote from: 1forall on November 14, 2014, 11:47:40 pm
Quote from: NoRetreat on November 14, 2014, 11:21:47 pm
Dollarway pulling for Malvern
Why?
Because if Malvern wins we don't have to travel in our week 3 game
One game at a time NoRetreat, if I were you my mind would be on Clinton

Ole Legend

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 16, 2014, 02:22:12 am
USA TODAY SCORE PREDICTOR. MALVERN 28 PR 21.

PR has been the underdog all year, might as well keep it going in the playoffs.

scrapiron51

beaverfan007

Key to a pr win is get pressure on trace collie and hé will get rattled and make mistakes but malvern can fun thé football and if they get going it could get ugly malvern 49 pr 45

iivydriff

Quote from: beaverfan007 on November 16, 2014, 11:54:47 am
Key to a pr win is get pressure on trace collie and hé will get rattled and make mistakes but malvern can fun thé football and if they get going it could get ugly malvern 49 pr 45
[/quote

I dont think Malvern will put 49 on PR.

TIGER101

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 16, 2014, 11:22:15 am
Malvern wins big.

On what do you base a BIG win by Malvern?  Is it because 1-7 vs 1-4?  How many times have you seen PR play?

Ole Legend

beaverfan007

If Malvern shows up they could win big if they start slow pg will own them

southernboy

TIGER101

Quote from: beaverfan007 on November 18, 2014, 04:59:26 pm
If Malvern shows up they could win big if they start slow pg will own them

Malvern don't play PG

THE D.O.C

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 18, 2014, 01:34:38 pm
Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 16, 2014, 11:22:15 am
Malvern wins big.

On what do you base a BIG win by Malvern?  Is it because 1-7 vs 1-4?  How many times have you seen PR play?
I'm guessing it's due to quality of opponent  both teams has played:

Malvern: 6A Lake Hamilton lost to Alma 14-7; 5A Lakeside; 3A Glen Rose
Conference playoff teams: Arkadelphia- beat Pottsville 41-20 ; Mena- beat CAC 40-9; Nashville bye; Ft Lake lost Dardanelle 52-13

Pea Ridge: 3A Elkins lost 1st round; 3A Green Forest lost 1st round; 3A Paris
Conference playoff teams: Gravette lost Warren 45-7 ; Prairie Grove beat Lonoke 41-24; Shiloh Christian beat Jonesboro Westside 43-15;

Congratulations on finishing 10-0 in the regular season Pea Ridge

arkcrash

Not that I have any reason to trust a weather forecast lately, but it looks they are calling for rain Friday night.  Pea Ridge has a turf field so it shouldn't be much of an issue, but the wet ball might change a play call or two.

scrapiron51

Malvern is too athletic for PR just like Nashville is too athletic for PG

TIGER101

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 18, 2014, 08:22:48 pm

Do you idiots ever get tired of saying the same thing year after year.  2 things are a given every year when dealing  with the crap south conference we hear the same bull about how we are going to see more speed than we ever have seen and getting beat by 35.   Can you guys not come up with some better material. ......  good god,,,,,  when you do win, all we hear is I told you so but when you lose it one excuse after another.  Go back to high school and finish your education!!!!!!!!

TIGER101

Nothing against Malvern but it's you idiots who live down the road....

polksalet

The wr for Malvern (Brown) is a beast and almost uncoverable.

SUGARTOWN

Just like Malvern was too athletic for Lincoln last year? Oh yeah, wait a minute, they lost that game.

bigunit11

No one from Malvern is making excuses, Lincoln was the better team last year. After watching a few clips
of Pea Ridge, I think they are a solid team. 10/0 is 10/0 no matter what league you play in. The quarterback is big good looking kid that runs well. The tailback is small but runs extremely hard and has good speed. They have a couple of good sized linemen. As a team . they seem to play really hard.
The only think I question is level of competition. Their opponents have a combined record of 43-62. Only three have winning records. With all that being said, I expect this to be a close game. How does Malvern handle the long trip and which Malvern team shows up. They played pretty well on the road at Nashville after a slow start, but the Mena game was by far their worst of the year. I see this game as a contrast of styles. In the 7-4A most teams run the spread. Because of that most defenses are built to stop that type of offense. Usually they play with smaller, faster guys. I believe that's why they sometimes have trouble with the conferences that have power running teams. Malvern has many weapons on offense, and I believe they will score, but in my mind, the key will be can Malvern's defense stop or at least slow down the power run game of Pea Ridge. Should be a good one.

TIGER101

Bigunit  you won't be disappointed in the facilities you are headed to.  Pea Ridge went from one of the worse fields in the history of football to one of the nicer ones in the state.  Especially for a 4a school

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: bigunit11 on November 19, 2014, 08:45:11 am
The only think I question is level of competition. Their opponents have a combined record of 43-62. Only three have winning records.
You can look at that both ways. Malvern has only beaten 2 teams with a winning record and the combined records of the 7 teams they beat in the the regular season was 28-40.

retiredplayer

THE D.O.C

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 19, 2014, 07:24:03 am
Just like Malvern was too athletic for Lincoln last year? Oh yeah, wait a minute, they lost that game.
Yeah Lincoln came to Malvern and beat them at the point of attack which was the run game. Lincoln had a special group of seniors that played well together and the coaching staff really game planned well. Pea Ridge had an extra week to prepare and I'm sure they will be ready at home. I think both teams have similar styles, both run the spread but Pea Ridge can operate under center. I think this game will come down to who controls the run game.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 19, 2014, 09:04:33 am
The only think I question is level of competition. Their opponents have a combined record of 43-62. Only three have winning records.
You can look at that both ways. Malvern has only beaten 2 teams with a winning record and the combined records of the 7 teams they beat in the the regular season was 28-40.
Sugartown, that's not a fair assessment when the conference still has 4 teams playing

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 19, 2014, 09:27:53 am
Sugartown, that's not a fair assessment when the conference still has 4 teams playing
Why not? The 1-4A has 3 teams left, the 7-4A has 4. Malvern beat only one of those remaining teams, Pea Ridge beat both of the other 1-4A teams...

THE D.O.C

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 19, 2014, 09:56:26 am
Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 19, 2014, 09:27:53 am
Why not? The 1-4A has 3 teams left, the 7-4A has 4. Malvern beat only one of those remaining teams, Pea Ridge beat both of the other 1-4A teams...
You failed to mention Gentry and Gravette. I wonder why.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas