• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heber Springs at Warren Round 2

Started by AirWarren, November 14, 2014, 10:26:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Warren took care of business with over 400 yards of total offense led by Kilay Cox. Allowed 136 yards on defense.

Heber survived a solid first half by an up and coming Crossett team. Has a big second half to win.

Thoughts?

Romeo

This is the second meeting between the two schools. First meeting was back in 1999, (Warren won 47-0). This is another tough matchup for Warren. Heber Springs is somewhat similar to Gravette in terms of offense. They have a very good running back and they keep a good balance on offense. They average 38 points a game this season. They have some playmakers that could cause trouble for us.

AirWarren

CounterPunch

Could be a trap game for Warren. Heber will be tough. I still think Warren will pull it out, pulling away late.

green-eagle

If Warren plays there game, they will not have a problem with Heber.

cuckoobird

#2 for heber is super fast. Keep him in front of you and everything will be ok but of course i have to root for my 2-4a bretheran so go panthers.

LakeRat

Looking back to 1999 won't be of any use... There's no parallels.

Heber came away from the Crossett game healthy with no injuries and great momentum. Our coaches have done an excellent job adjusting both ways against tough opponents. The tough part will be containing Warren's productive offense.

SportsFan23

Quote from: AirWarren on November 14, 2014, 10:26:46 pm
Warren took care of business with over 400 yards of total offense led by Kilay Cox. Allowed 136 yards on defense.

Heber survived a solid first half by an up and coming Crossett team. Has a big second half to win.

Thoughts?

I don't see a 28 -14 lead as surviving the first half, but then that may just be me. At any rate Heber beat Crossett 57-28 and scored every way they could, with the exception of a special teams kick return. With that said Warren should win next week. I would expect Warren to win next week, but then again I expected Dallas to beat the Redskins a couple of weeks ago too. I expected the Hogs to play better vs. Georgia,and I really expected Helena to beat Heber last week. I am pretty sure Hootens has picked against Heber all season, with the exception of Southside and Riverview. Hey, that is why we play the games. The Panthers have been a surprise all season I hope they have a few more surprises in store. Go Panthers !!

LakeRat

It's not you SF23... The 4A-8 conference has some great teams and a lot to be proud of... but they shouldn't overlook the rest of the league.

I admit I did laugh when a Crossett fan claimed they were out coached last night. You don't get Mercy-Ruled in a state playoff game by being out coached...

Going up against Warren is going to be a huge challenge for the Panthers this week. We've surprised a lot of folks this year... but I don't expect us to sneak up on the Lumberjacks. I just hope the Panthers play with the same intensity and focus and make a game of it!!

STUNNA

LJ06

Quote from: LakeRat on November 15, 2014, 09:21:17 am
It's not you SF23... The 4A-8 conference has some great teams and a lot to be proud of... but they shouldn't overlook the rest of the league.

I admit I did laugh when a Crossett fan claimed they were out coached last night. You don't get Mercy-Ruled in a state playoff game by being out coached...

Going up against Warren is going to be a huge challenge for the Panthers this week. We've surprised a lot of folks this year... but I don't expect us to sneak up on the Lumberjacks. I just hope the Panthers play with the same intensity and focus and make a game of it!!

Crosser is a proud bunch, but in all actuality they are the 5th best team in the conference not 4th. I don't care what people say about their week 10 game or seeding. They are 5th best. They had a great year however and just ran into a great team last night.

green-eagle

Quote from: LJ06 on November 15, 2014, 09:31:32 am
Quote from: LakeRat on November 15, 2014, 09:21:17 am

Crosser is a proud bunch, but in all actuality they are the 5th best team in the conference not 4th. I don't care what people say about their week 10 game or seeding. They are 5th best. They had a great year however and just ran into a great team last night.

Looking back... Yes in the real world we were... SC just didnt finish the game! Thus we had to travel to Heber, would if loved to have layed Newport. I believe we matched up better with them in the field. We must quite a fueld assignment on defense that hurt us.

But enough of that! Heber run defense is very holy , thus a heavy sweep team will have s field day. Heber has a few good better than average running back, but nothing that like Dway.

I may have to drive up from ElDorado for this one..

No disrespect to Heber, Warren 46 heber 17....

Superjack45

Well we survive one more week time to go back to Work and get ready for Heber Spring. Warren is going to have to tackle and tackle well let's go defense.

mtindian42

USA TODAY SCORE PREDICTOR. WARREN 41 HS 28.

EagleForLife12

Not going to dwell on last week, it's useless now. I believe if Warren plays average they win this game,  Heber doesn't have the speed at RB like Dway had but their backs are very patient and follow there blocks all the way down the field. Do what we DIDN'T DO, and take out the blockers first and you will have no problem

bulldoghistorian

Could be interesting! I think Warren wins though. 35-21.

HeberFan

Neither team is turning the ball over much... could be a huge factor. What kind of kicking game does Warren have?

cuckoobird

Upset very possible this week. Don't think I'm calling it just yet though

LJ06

Quote from: HeberFan on November 16, 2014, 01:26:23 pm
Neither team is turning the ball over much... could be a huge factor. What kind of kicking game does Warren have?

Fairly consistent XP team as well with field goals

mr.b@sc

warren advances to the third round...warren 45 heber 21

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 16, 2014, 01:28:15 pm
Upset very possible this week. Don't think I'm calling it just yet though

Pick away. You are 0-2 this week in picking in regards to Warren game and lsu game :)

HeberFan

Too bad these teams meet so early...  but could go further in another leg of the bracket. Should be a great game. Heber is good on the road

LJ06

Quote from: HeberFan on November 16, 2014, 01:44:07 pm
Too bad these teams meet so early...  but could go further in another leg of the bracket. Should be a great game. Heber is good on the road

And Warren is excellent at home

AirWarren

Quote from: HeberFan on November 16, 2014, 01:26:23 pm

Kicked a 39 yarder Friday night.

HeberFan

Nice to see field goals in high school. I've noticed lots more teams are trying field goals this year,

STUNNA

Feed kilay cox and the game won't be close

LJ06

Quote from: HeberFan on November 16, 2014, 01:52:52 pm
Nice to see field goals in high school. I've noticed lots more teams are trying field goals this year,

Way more than usual for sure!  The introduction of our soccer program has done wonders for our kicking game haha.

HeberFan

How did Monticello score 22 on Warren? Mostly late in game against reserves?

LJ06

Quote from: HeberFan on November 16, 2014, 02:00:16 pm

Yep only had 9 points on 1st team.  2 of which came from a safety off of a bad snap that went into the endzone for Warren.  Gravette scored their 7 on 2nd teamers Friday night as well.

HeberFan

And the Pulaski Academy game was just another night for the Bruins?  Seems like they can score 50 on anybody. Nobody gives the PA offensice line enough credit. PA passes great because, in part, their QB has tons of time to pass.

AirWarren

Quote from: HeberFan on November 16, 2014, 02:00:16 pm
the reserves played 2 quarters. The game was over at half.

LJ06

Quote from: HeberFan on November 16, 2014, 02:06:30 pm
And the Pulaski Academy game was just another night for the Bruins?  Seems like they can score 50 on anybody. Nobody gives the PA offensice line enough credit. PA passes great because, in part, their QB has tons of time to pass.

Yeah they tore us a new one.  Weeks 1 through 4 we had no QB identity and it killed us against PA.  We put in our backup in week 4 against Crossett when the game was like 12-9 Warren at the start of the 4th quarter and its been off to the races since.  Game ended up 30-9.

HeberFan

I have these teams who leave their starters in the whole game and score 70 on some happless opponent. Those coaches are pathetic.

cuckoobird

What are you talking about AW? I picked Warren 50-10 over whoever it was that yall played?

HeberFan

Warren deserves more credit on defense. Everyone talks about the high-power offense, but, the "Jacks don't give up many scores.

LJ06

Quote from: HeberFan on November 16, 2014, 03:35:14 pm
Warren deserves more credit on defense. Everyone talks about the high-power offense, but, the "Jacks don't give up many scores.

We are better defensively than we are offensively. 

HeberFan

That is saying a lot. Does Warren play many people both ways ? Heber has to and it makes things tough in the second half. Depth is hard to find in class 4A schools.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LJ06 on November 16, 2014, 01:44:40 pm
Quote from: HeberFan on November 16, 2014, 01:44:07 pm

And Warren is excellent at home
But I thought you said home field advantage doesn't matter?

HeberFan

Home field always matters. Why can't the AAA concentrate a little more on driving times when scheduleng playoff brackets? Some teams have a four-hour bus ride and that is a real disadvantage.

cuckoobird

It's also a disadvantage to teams by doing regional playoff brackets. The two best teams may meet in second round. It's fair the way it is. If you want home field, win your conference

HeberFan

Some teams leave on Thursday and spend the night somewhere. Be interesting to see the win-loss percentage on teams doing that.

countrygirlhogfan

Warren has several that goes both ways

HeberFan

LJ06

Big Fan

Warren vs a 2-4A team?  Warren wins easily. 

HeberFan

Heber and CAC played in a rainstorm mid-season. Defenses love that weather.

CounterPunch

Crossett played flat against Heber, Warren wins this one easily.

HeberFan

Nothing comes easily in the playoffs. Both teams will fight hard.

Big Fan

Big Fan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas