• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hamburg @ Dardanelle

Started by Scooter2121, November 14, 2014, 10:21:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Hamburg gave them all they wanted it sounded like.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Great game Dardnelle!! Int seals the deal. The Lions had there chances but credit Dardys defense. Lions fought hard bright future ahead for that program.

TreeCityCilla

Dardanelle 28 Hamburg 14 Final

Top Shelf

ridgerunner

Dardanelle QB rushed for 203 yards on Hamburg

Jacketman65

Congrats to you Dardanelle - keep it rolling!

cuckoobird

Top Shelf

Romeo

Hamburg's deficiencies in its passing game, along with penalties cost them in this game.

The Coach

November 22, 2014, 03:02:23 pm #209 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 03:04:28 pm by The Coach
Quote from: Romeo on November 22, 2014, 01:31:17 pm
Hamburg's deficiencies in its passing game, along with penalties cost them in this game.

Dardanelle was the better team

~WPS~

Quote from: The Coach on November 22, 2014, 03:02:23 pm

Not by much.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 22, 2014, 04:23:12 pm

Not by much.

That 17 point win by Nashville was more impressive than Dardanelle's 14 point win??

The Coach

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 22, 2014, 04:23:12 pm

Not by much.

2 TD's was plenty against a Solid Hamburg team

~WPS~

I'm not talking about the points. I'm talking about the performance.

The Coach

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 22, 2014, 04:33:57 pm

Definitely not Dardanelles best game but they won and that's really all that matters. Win by 2 TD's not playing your best is a sign of a good team if you ask me.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 22, 2014, 04:33:57 pm

I guess you feel Hamburg isn't a good team. I would argue differently.

~WPS~

That's the thing, I'm not sure they didn't play their best. They just finally played a good team that could stop them. They won't be able to score 40+ anymore, I don't think. So it's up to their defense. The defense did pretty good against an average Hamburg offense. Next week they face a much, much better offense.

The Coach

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 22, 2014, 04:42:14 pm
That's the thing, I'm not sure they didn't play their best. They just finally played a good team that could stop them. They won't be able to score 40+ anymore, I don't think. So it's up to their defense. The defense did pretty good against an average Hamburg offense. Next week they face a much, much better offense.

I know they didn't play their best. If they tackle Hamburg doesn't score

~WPS~

They better play their best and then some next week.

The Coach

~WPS~

The Coach

Either doesn't bring their A game it'll be a long night for sure

~WPS~

Should be a very good game. I'm going to hang my hat on Nashville's defense. Against spread offenses Nashville is giving up 12 points a game.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 22, 2014, 04:42:14 pm
Nashville has the better offense but Hamburg has the better defense IMO.

polksalet

LJ06

Problem was that Dardanelle played a good team. Play the "we didn't play well" card all you want, but you generally don't play as well against stiffer competition. Your guys didn't tackle as well cause quite possibly Hamburg had some better talent in the backfield than your used to seeing and that were able to break tackles. The mercy rule games are over now.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: LJ06 on November 23, 2014, 08:33:17 am
Problem was that Dardanelle played a good team. Play the "we didn't play well" card all you want, but you generally don't play as well against stiffer competition. Your guys didn't tackle as well cause quite possibly Hamburg had some better talent in the backfield than your used to seeing and that were able to break tackles. The mercy rule games are over now.

Can't disagree with any of that. Every team left is good, or they wouldn't still be playing.

SandRattler

Yes they were the best team we seen all year without a doubt. I think we learned in the 2nd quarter we couldn't take them lightly! No excuses about not playing well! However we adjusted at half time.

The Coach

November 23, 2014, 12:44:20 pm #228 Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 12:47:51 pm by The Coach

It was a good game. Dardanelle did what they needed to, which was enough to win the game by 14 and move on. Tackle a little better and it wouldn't have been as close. But, I'm sure Hamburg is saying the same about tackling Dardanelles QB.

polksalet

If you make a tackle on every play you win most games.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Dardanelle faced the toughest team they have seen all year that is why it wasn't a blowout, it was a great game give the other team some credit.... You will find out deeper in the playoffs the tougher the teams you play those scores won't be the same as they were when you played regular conference games.......Good luck for the rest of your games ya'll do have a great team.

cdl

Only 1 TV crew is what I was told, but an 'OPEN' booth left for School Board members, an open porch reserved for "filmer's" not being used, and a huge area for PA, Clock and I guess a spotter, room for at least 3 other people there, but no we have NO ROOM FOR VISITING RADIO PERIOD in 40 degree raining weather. Welcome to the Hospitality Capital of Arkansas Dardanhelle Arkansas. Lets get it done Nashville, Thanks for the info Fountain Lake your info was SPOT on!!!  ???

Gray lizard

Hamburg has a good team.  The size and play of the D line impressed me.  Only team I have seen that could stop Dardanelle's QB on most plays.  He did bust a few but was not able to just bull his way over them.  Good thing Dardanelle has several options to mix it up.  The athletic QB caused the Sandlizards D some trouble.  This was something I was concerned with.  Hamburg's QB kept them in the game.  Anyone know how many rushing yards he had in the game?

This was a good game for Dardanelle.  I like the way they kept to their game plan and never quit.  They needed a game like this.  I expect a great game this week and wish the best for both teams.

SandRattler

Quote from: cdl on November 24, 2014, 08:13:38 am
Only 1 TV crew is what I was told, but an 'OPEN' booth left for School Board members, an open porch reserved for "filmer's" not being used, and a huge area for PA, Clock and I guess a spotter, room for at least 3 other people there, but no we have NO ROOM FOR VISITING RADIO PERIOD in 40 degree raining weather. Welcome to the Hospitality Capital of Arkansas Dardanhelle Arkansas. Lets get it done Nashville, Thanks for the info Fountain Lake your info was SPOT on!!!  ???
[/quote
Your information is wrong. There is not a huge area for PA, Clock and Spotter. That booth has 3 seats there is not room for any more seats in that section. There was no school board members in the press box usually never is. Hamburg had 4 seats available in press box so I guess they could have shared with visiting radio. I am not sure what any of this has to do with the actual game.

D-TOWN LIZARD

November 24, 2014, 08:54:26 am #234 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:10:11 am by D-TOWN LIZARD
Dardanelle QB had 204 yards rushing 2 TDs and 74 yards passing 1 TD.... Stopping him on MOST plays still didn't work...he came through when needed and that's what matters. 

WPWells

12th Man sees that Hamburg lost, so they are probably now trying to find something to complain about. 12th Man saw them setting up this excuse before the game even started (although it's not really an excuse)

SandRattler

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 24, 2014, 08:36:49 am
Hamburg has a good team.  The size and play of the D line impressed me.  Only team I have seen that could stop Dardanelle's QB on most plays.  He did bust a few but was not able to just bull his way over them.  Good thing Dardanelle has several options to mix it up.  The athletic QB caused the Sandlizards D some trouble.  This was something I was concerned with.  Hamburg's QB kept them in the game.  Anyone know how many rushing yards he had in the game?

This was a good game for Dardanelle.  I like the way they kept to their game plan and never quit.  They needed a game like this.  I expect a great game this week and wish the best for both teams.
Gray Lizard we appreciate Pottsville fans support in the Playoffs. Dardanelle QB rushed 19 times for 204 yards so I am not sure how you figure the Hamburg D stopped him. I mean thats not a bad night if you ask me. Yes they were the best team to date. The Hamburg QB was as advertised and made us pay for our mistakes in the 2nd Quarter.

D-TOWN LIZARD

November 24, 2014, 09:02:16 am #237 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:08:58 am by D-TOWN LIZARD
:'( 

Gray lizard

Gray Lizard we appreciate Pottsville fans support in the Playoffs. Dardanelle QB rushed 19 times for 204 yards so I am not sure how you figure the Hamburg D stopped him. I mean thats not a bad night if you ask me. Yes they were the best team to date. The Hamburg QB was as advertised and made us pay for our mistakes in the 2nd Quarter.
[/quote]
I am not saying he did not have a great game.  Just saying this is the only team I have seen able to stop him in the back field with a loss.  No other team has been able to do that.   In the prior games if they needed 6 yards for a first down the QB would just go get it.  Hamburg made them open the play book up.  That is a good thing that Dardanelle has several players to go to.  #4 is one of the hardest runners pound for pound I have seen.

D-TOWN LIZARD

November 24, 2014, 09:41:44 am #239 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:49:32 am by D-TOWN LIZARD
That's what you call a TEAM......you might stop #11 a few times but not everytime.  You stated that he was stopped MOST of the time.....sure would hate to see his stats if they didn't stop him at all.
278 all-purpose yards and 3TDS     Way to pull out that win LIZARDS!  GO RED!!!!

STUNNA

Sounds like the key to having a chance at beating Dardanelle is stopping the qb

WPWells

Sounds to 12th Man like the key to beating Dardanelle is getting your radio crew in the press box

mastiff

D-TOWN LIZARD

;)     good one 12th man!!!!!

Gray lizard

Quote from: STUNNA on November 24, 2014, 09:55:39 am

I think some of the Dardanelle guys mistake my observations as being negative.  This could not be farther from the truth.  I just tell what I see maybe correct may not be but it is what I see.  I believe I was they only one on here prior to the first game that picked Dardanelle to go 10-0.  I said an athletic QB would give the D problems.  Dardanelle bent but did not break. 

And to answer your question Dardanelle has many players to stop as well as the QB.  If you do not slow him down he will eat you alive though.

SandRattler

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 24, 2014, 10:16:59 am
Quote from: STUNNA on November 24, 2014, 09:55:39 am

I think some of the Dardanelle guys mistake my observations as being negative.  This could not be farther from the truth.  I just tell what I see maybe correct may not be but it is what I see.  I believe I was they only one on here prior to the first game that picked Dardanelle to go 10-0.  I said an athletic QB would give the D problems.  Dardanelle bent but did not break. 

And to answer your question Dardanelle has many players to stop as well as the QB.  If you do not slow him down he will eat you alive though.

I didn't mistake your observation just questioned the validity of it. Your quote was "Only team I have seen that could stop Dardanelle's QB on most plays." How could 204 yards of rushing by Dardanelle QB be considered Hamburg Defense shutting him down. Yes he was not 100% successful on every carry but would gladly take 204 yards any game. I agreed the Hamburg QB was very good and we had to work at stopping him.

D-TOWN LIZARD

November 24, 2014, 11:46:27 am #246 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 12:55:45 pm by D-TOWN LIZARD
Agree sandrattler....everyone stepped up and did what needed to be done for a victory....which, I think we can all agree on, is the most important part at this time of year.  Hamburg was big, strong and fast.  They were a very good team. And that QB was a tough one. heck, they were a tough team. The lizards just came out on top when it counted the most! 

cdl

Quote from: SandRattler on November 24, 2014, 08:46:21 am
[/quote
Your information is wrong. There is not a huge area for PA, Clock and Spotter. That booth has 3 seats there is not room for any more seats in that section. There was no school board members in the press box usually never is. Hamburg had 4 seats available in press box so I guess they could have shared with visiting radio. I am not sure what any of this has to do with the actual game.
My info is what I saw, not what I "Heard"! Dardanelle Players played a GREAT Game, Hats off to those kids!

SandRattler

Quote from: cdl on November 24, 2014, 03:43:15 pm
Quote from: SandRattler on November 24, 2014, 08:46:21 am
[/quote
My info is what I saw, not what I "Heard"! Dardanelle Players played a GREAT Game, Hats off to those kids!
I was in the press box Friday night until half time so one of us is either lying or blind.

cdl

Couldn't quit stuffing ya face with Catfish long enough to notice huh? Surprised ya remember the game score. The unused space was kinda obvious

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas