• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-4A Playoffs (1st Round)

Started by hawgfan15, November 10, 2014, 11:17:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgfan15

It was a wild and crazy year in 7-4A. I want to congratulate all of the teams that have made the playoffs. At one point in the season each team looked like they could win the conference. I will enjoy being a fan of all 5 teams now.

Fountain Lake @ #1 Dardanelle

The Cobras have battled injuries the final weeks of conference play. They are hoping to be almost back at full strength as they take on the #1 team in 4A. When at full strength they have proved they can play with the top teams in 4A. If they can get their running game going and sustain long drives FL could make this one interesting in the 2nd half. Parker Ross has proven to be one of the top backs in 4A and he will need a monster game to give his team a chance. Defensively the Cobras will have to play sound football and keep the Lizards in front of them. They will need to force a few turnovers and get a solid pass rush to have any chance at slowing down the Dardanelle offense. I want to be a homer and go with Fountain Lake in the upset but I can't. I didn't believe the Cobra's would beat Nashville either. Prove me wrong again.

Dardanelle 42

Fountain Lake 28

Arkadelphia @ Pottsville

The Badgers have fallen under the radar in recent weeks. An upset loss to Ashdown and a loss to rival Malvern, who is playing great football, has changed the perception many have of this team. Not me though, I know what this team is capable of and playoff experience will be in this teams favor. They have an offense that can put up big numbers and a defense that has really good players at all three levels. They will have to be disciplined defensively to stop this run attack and force 3rd and longs. Offensively they can not afford turnovers and short drives. I believe the Badgers will be ready to play Friday night.

Arkadelphia 49

Pottsville 33

Cave City @ #5 Malvern

The Leopards are one of the hottest teams in 4A right now. With a strong performance in a close loss to Nashville and nice win over rival Arkadelphia the Leopards are proving why they were a preseason favorite. This group has playmakers all over the field and are one of the most balanced offenses in 4A. Defensively they are fast and very talented in the secondary. They do a great job of mixing up run blitzes and applying pressure on the QB. Malvern rolls in this one.

Malvern 49

Cave City 7

CAC @ #9 Mena

The Bearcats have been a surprise in their first year back in 7-4A. Sage Kesterson is arguably the best QB in the conference and do it all senior Jackson Daughtery is a playmaker on both sides of the ball. Mena will be able to put up points in the playoffs. If their defense can come up with big turnovers like they did early in the season they will win a few games in the playoffs. CAC brings a high scoring offense but they wont be able to out score Mena's offense.

Mena 49

CAC 28

#3 Nashville vs Bye

The Scrappers must stay focused this week and be prepared for next weeks 2nd round game. Having a bye is a great chance to rest a few guys and get healthy for a big run but it is also hard to stay focused and miss a Friday night game. Nashville is no stranger to bye weeks as they had a bye in 2006 when they won the state championship and in 2009 when they lost to Shiloh in the infamous quarterfinal game. I think they will be ready to go next week Friday and will make a deep run in the playoffs.

Feel free to post your predictions, thoughts, and insight on all of these games.

polksalet

FootBallar21

I have it almost exactly the same, I would have Mena winning a little more lopsided ,  49-17, looks good,  good job man!

Gray lizard

I do not think Arkadelphia will score 49 on Pottsville, but if they do they will win.  Pottsville has playoff experience as well under a well coached program.  I pick Pottsville to win this game with home field advantage.  Pottsville has a well rounded team with no real standouts. They have had a little trouble turning over the ball.  They will drive the ball and score controlling the clock and the next thing you know 7 to 8 minutes of the game are gone.

BannerMountainMan

hawgfan15

FootBallar21

Pottsville vs Arkadelphia very well could play much like the Fountain Lake vs Arkadelphia game which was a dandy!

Gray lizard

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 11, 2014, 09:53:47 am
Pottsville vs Arkadelphia very well could play much like the Fountain Lake vs Arkadelphia game which was a dandy!
I think it was just last year that Pottsville mercy ruled FL.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 11, 2014, 09:59:21 am

Things change in a year. That was a young inexperienced FL team

Arkansasfootballfan

Going by your logic, I could say the same thing because arkadelphia mercy ruled everyone they played except Nashville, Newport and warren

FootBallar21

Mena lost 35-0 to Pottsville last season too,  and 49-28 to Booneville,   I don't think those scores would happen this year either!    so much changes in high school football from year to year! 

scrapiron51

You're right, Nashville was mercy ruled last year by Malvern and beat Malvern this year.

FBfan79

Nice job.  Looks spot on.  I think the most intriguing game is the Ark/Pottsville game.  Should be a good one.

STUNNA

Wasn't it just last year warren beat down Dardanelle?? But a lot changes in a year!!!

arklasports57

Quote from: FBfan79 on November 11, 2014, 01:59:52 pm
Nice job.  Looks spot on.  I think the most intriguing game is the Ark/Pottsville game.  Should be a good one.
Hometown advantage for Pottsville could be somewhat of a factor but Arkadelphia always travels well. We'll bring a rowdy crowd and hopefully see some great playoff action. Cold temps and a stadium I've never been to  :) come on Friday night lights!!

apache_alum_90

It should be a packed house at Pottsville Friday night, I will definitely be there cheering on my Apaches! As to the question on Pottsville/Fountain Lake last year, yes we mercy rule them but the still played a good game. Both teams were young, we only had a few starting SRs, majority of starters were JRs and sophomores. And Fountain Lake might hang with Dardanelle for a bit like Pottsville did but Dardanelle's size on the line and at QB will be too much Thompson and Witt are man-child's and will flat run you over, they are hard to bring down. You'll have to gang tackle them!

FBfan79

November 13, 2014, 02:46:22 am #16 Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 02:56:30 am by FBfan79
Quote from: apache_alum_90 on November 12, 2014, 10:34:50 pm
It should be a packed house at Pottsville Friday night, I will definitely be there cheering on my Apaches! As to the question on Pottsville/Fountain Lake last year, yes we mercy rule them but the still played a good game. Both teams were young, we only had a few starting SRs, majority of starters were JRs and sophomores. And Fountain Lake might hang with Dardanelle for a bit like Pottsville did but Dardanelle's size on the line and at QB will be too much Thompson and Witt are man-child's and will flat run you over, they are hard to bring down. You'll have to gang tackle them!

Maumelle mercy ruled FL last year as well as beat Pottsville.  The game ended in a tie between Maumelle and FL this year.  All of this means nothing.  Its round one of the playoffs.  Arkadelphia has size and depth too as you will see.  FL was also lucky to catch Arkadelphia while the Cooper kid was out.  Is he back now Arkla?

arklasports57

Quote from: FBfan79 on November 13, 2014, 02:46:22 am

Maumelle mercy ruled FL last year as well as beat Pottsville.  The game ended in a tie between Maumelle and FL this year.  All of this means nothing.  Its round one of the playoffs.  Arkadelphia has size and depth too as you will see.  FL was also lucky to catch Arkadelphia while the Cooper kid was out.  Is he back now Arkla?

Yes

swarfan

Quote from: FBfan79 on November 13, 2014, 02:46:22 am

You're absolutely correct!  Cooper would've made a HUGE difference against Ft Lake's style of offense.  If he's not double teamed on every play he will cause havoc in the backfield all night. 

hogdiggity

Good luck to all the 7-4A teams.

FootBallar21

Mena's defense really played well,  was up 40-3 with 50 seconds left when CAC finally scored a TD on Mena's backups! 

FBfan79

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 15, 2014, 11:39:19 am
Mena's defense really played well,  was up 40-3 with 50 seconds left when CAC finally scored a TD on Mena's backups!

FootBallar, you are the biggest homer on here, but good luck against the Bulldogs.  Daughtery is one of the best players I've seen this year.

FootBallar21

Quote from: FBfan79 on November 15, 2014, 09:15:00 pm
Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 15, 2014, 11:39:19 am

FootBallar, you are the biggest homer on here, but good luck against the Bulldogs.  Daughtery is one of the best players I've seen this year.

A Homer with facts lol but Thanks ,  Daughtery coming off of back to back great games.   He followed up that performance  against FL with s more TD's running wild with several big runs and caught  another TD Pass,  huge Punt return, and a big time fumble recovery against CAC! 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas