• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bulldogs vs Greyhounds

Started by whippersnapper, November 06, 2014, 11:35:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: CounterPunch on November 08, 2014, 04:08:04 pm
If I let you see video footage of star city games black helicopters would be swarming your house and men in trench coats would be stalking you every minute of the day. You don't want that.
You're right about that! The last thing I need is 'copters hovering over my Jackson County deer Stand....scaring away all the big bucks, and I don't mean money ;D

NoRetreat

Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 08, 2014, 07:58:56 am
Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on November 07, 2014, 01:08:20 pm
What a way to end a senior season. Coach throws the Crossett game to play newport and then the greyhounds kick y'all's butt!

Greyhounds 28

Pound Puppies 17.
DWay we beat y'all with three starters on the sideline, one playing with a bad knee, and didn't have Harris in the fourth quarter. Guess we tried to give that one away too, but didn't work out as well for y'all!!  Good luck in playoffs and hope we see y'all in the semi's!!!
I won't even use the excuse that we had 3 starters out on defense that game.Anyw it's truly a new season and I like our chances..I would almost 100% guarantee a victory if we played StarCity again

NoRetreat

This should really be a good game and I think StarCity can pull it out

CatchTheGreyhound!

November 08, 2014, 09:26:00 pm #53 Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:29:20 pm by CatchTheGreyhound!
Quote from: NoRetreat on November 08, 2014, 08:57:57 pm
^ you pathetic Cardinals had your opportunity to take star city out and you blew it, just like every other 8-4A team with "loser" flowing in thier blood! SMH  :-\
I guess if you want something done right you have to do it yourself! So your more then welcome to come watch the MIGHTY GREYHOUNDS dismantle those menacing Puppies on Friday !!

NoRetreat

Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on November 08, 2014, 09:26:00 pm
Quote from: NoRetreat on November 08, 2014, 08:57:57 pm
^ you pathetic Cardinals had your opportunity to take star city out and you blew it, just like every other 8-4A team with "loser" flowing in thier blood! SMH  :-\
I guess if you want something done right you have to do it yourself! So your more then welcome to come watch the MIGHTY GREYHOUNDS dismantle those menacing Puppies on Friday !!
Newport should thank the AAA because you all are only the #1 seed because Dway left the conference. .We would have beat up on yawl like we did last year ;D

Bulldog92

Quote from: NoRetreat on November 08, 2014, 08:55:49 pm
Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 08, 2014, 07:58:56 am
Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on November 07, 2014, 01:08:20 pm
What a way to end a senior season. Coach throws the Crossett game to play newport and then the greyhounds kick y'all's butt!

Greyhounds 28

Pound Puppies 17.
DWay we beat y'all with three starters on the sideline, one playing with a bad knee, and didn't have Harris in the fourth quarter. Guess we tried to give that one away too, but didn't work out as well for y'all!!  Good luck in playoffs and hope we see y'all in the semi's!!!
I won't even use the excuse that we had 3 starters out on defense that game.Anyw it's truly a new season and I like our chances..I would almost 100% guarantee a victory if we played StarCity again
Don't know why you wouldn't you have used quiet a few before now!!
Watch guaranteeing stuff could bite you in the butt!!  Good luck in the playoffs!!

nevergiveup

November 09, 2014, 01:12:51 pm #56 Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 01:15:44 pm by nevergiveup
As a newport fan, CatchTheGreyhound you have got to settle down bud. You're making the hounds and the community look like we are all stuck up. Just calm down. I appreciate the enthuisiasm but you have to realize that you're an FF poster not a FF Cheerleader.

As far as the game goes this should be the most watched game in the state. If you have nothing better to do come watch a shootout. The Bulldogs have size advantage in almost every position but the hounds have been outmatched in size EVERY game so nothing new. Yes The Bulldogs have a D1 recruit but we have 3 possibly more. Not saying yall do not. The Bulldogs should have a tough time managing Turner! He's on a role and collier and Elston should be devastating on the edges. The Hounds will have all Their startes back hopefully. Advantages for Newport, According to sources, this senior class has only lost 4 games at home since 4th grade. Home field advantage is HUGE! 154 mile bus ride for SC should be miserable. Also, if SC did not throw the game last week then it should be a demoralizing defeat. It's going to be tough to bounce back from that. SC only advantages I can think of is size and depth. It's going to be a good game but I think the Hounds run away late. 42-29 Hounds.

HeberFan

CounterPunch

Star City 41
Newport 28

Star City is too big up front and will shut down Turner Friday night just as we did DWay. Better find a passing game to beat Star City. Just running won't cut it.

HeberFan

Newport can run inside and outside... plus pass enough to keep the defense honest. This should be a good game

mossflyer

Who are the three or more D1 recruits for Newport? 

bullseye

Johnny ain't , Johnny Nare and Johnny one!!

whippersnapper

Stafford, Simmons and Turner are all getting looks from the hogs.

mossflyer

I know what position Turner plays but what about the other two? 

whippersnapper

phdefense

I think this game will play out much like the mascots that represent each school. SC will try to win with strength and force while Newport will try to break out with electric speed. The X factor and I usually hate saying stuff like this. I think Newport has more desire and fire in their belly than SC.

AirWarren

May be the best Matchup in the playoffs in week 1.

Bulldog92

Ph, how exactly do you know how much desire the SC players have in their belly??  Just wondering cause it sounds like you know quiet a bit about SC

phdefense

Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 09, 2014, 07:45:51 pm
Ph, how exactly do you know how much desire the SC players have in their belly??  Just wondering cause it sounds like you know quiet a bit about SC
I know things...

nevergiveup

It's not even Monday and I'm already anticipating a shootout. How good is Star City's defense. I know they are huge but if they think that with just them 3-4 guys on the line they can stop the Hounds run game they might be in for a rude awakening.

Bulldog92

I have a feeling that the top three team in 8-4A have some pretty good running attacks of their own so we have seen speed, size, and desire.  Just hope our 3-4 guys can put it together for y'all Friday night!!

nevergiveup

The thing is though have you seen someone like Turner? 4.56 speed about 225 and will lower his head against anyone. But just when you think you have him contained, Collier will step in and run right by you with 4.4 speed, and if we feel like being a machine we will go to I formation with Turner at fullback and Elston at running back. Ons of the most elusive players I've ever seen with 4.46 speed. But it gets better. Just as the run game goes down your throat and yall load the box to stop it, Bullard will Play Action and kill that 1 high safety. The hounds will make sure you stay honest.

STUNNA

They have seen good running backs... If you have any passing attack you have a chance

whippersnapper

The hounds passing game is underrated but also it just isn't used a whole lot unless needed. I thinking passing will be big for both teams

mossflyer

How in the world has Newport ever lost with these players and this unstoppable never heard of I formation? 

whippersnapper

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: mossflyer on November 10, 2014, 09:33:15 am
How in the world has Newport ever lost with these players and this unstoppable never heard of I formation?
The same way SC lost 3 conference games with all of their D1 recruits....

scrapiron51

Wouldn't mind watching this game if it mattered to Nashville. I've got Star City by a touchdown.

CounterPunch

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 10, 2014, 10:03:07 am
how did yall lose all of your games with all those State Titles under your belt?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: CounterPunch on November 10, 2014, 10:29:39 am
how did yall lose all of your games with all those State Titles under your belt?
We only lost one more conference game than SC did, and you may go out in the first round. lol

STUNNA

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 10, 2014, 10:46:28 am
We only lost one more conference game than SC did, and you may go out in the first round. lol

Or they could make a decent run... And Stuttgart will sit home and say the playoffs don't matter... Lol... Typical talk from Stuttgart fans... Lol

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: STUNNA on November 10, 2014, 11:00:29 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 10, 2014, 10:46:28 am

Or they could make a decent run... And Stuttgart will sit home and say the playoffs don't matter... Lol... Typical talk from Stuttgart fans... Lol
Meaning what?

whippersnapper

Here are some position breakdowns for the hounds.
QB: 3 year starter in Gunnar Bullard. Has the most wins of any qb starting in 4a this year. 25-9 record. 73 win %. 105-171 for 1453 yards, 61%, 11 TDs 4 ints.
RB: All know the name Carl Turner. He has 4276 career rushing yards. At 1536 yards, 18 TDs, 6.4 yards per carry this season. DeAndre Elston and Ben collier I feel are both great compliments to Turner. Elston just is so smooth while running and doesn't even look like he is trying then can make someone miss. Collier is just speed. But don't think you can just knock him down because he has run through plenty of arm tackles as well. Probably has the best acceleration of the 3.
WR: All 3 seniors bring something different I feel. McCabe Cordell isnt going to shake and bake anyone but just simply does his job. When his name is called he has delivered all year. Charely Bell is a pin ball. Not very tall but very quick and runs a 4.5. He really sparked the comeback against Stuttgart. Elston is primarily a wr and gets around 3-5 catches a game. All 3 have over 300 yards receiving.
TE: Our 2 MLBs lineup here. Khairan Stafford and Colton Willis.
OL: Will lose the size battle every night from now on. But have done good at what they do. Using technique and speed to their advantage.
DL: See OL.
LB: Hootens gave the hounds preseason best linebackers. I don't feel like they have played like anything else. I don't have defensive stats but Stafford and Willis lead in most areas.
DB: Only CAC threw it consistently against the hounds but that's their philosophy. For the most part played pretty well. Not been just  a whole lot of side open guys. Lot of times the offense has just made a great throw and catch.
Total Offense: 4099/ 409.9 a game
Total Defense: 2872/ 287.2 a game.

Wannabe10

Hopefully the offensive yardage will be cut in half Friday night, and the amount of yardage the defense allows per game will be doubled.

Dogs-28
The houders- 14

Bulldog92

Quote from: nevergiveup on November 10, 2014, 07:07:32 am
The thing is though have you seen someone like Turner? 4.56 speed about 225 and will lower his head against anyone. But just when you think you have him contained, Collier will step in and run right by you with 4.4 speed, and if we feel like being a machine we will go to I formation with Turner at fullback and Elston at running back. Ons of the most elusive players I've ever seen with 4.46 speed. But it gets better. Just as the run game goes down your throat and yall load the box to stop it, Bullard will Play Action and kill that 1 high safety. The hounds will make sure you stay honest.
Nevergiveup might want to change your name to NeverGetsOutOfTownMuch. Turner is a good back but we have seen good running backs. Have you ever heard of Warren or Dollarway??  If our 3-4 kids show up we will make a game of it.

GO DOGS!!

LJ06

This is probably the game of the week.  A very good matchup for a game perspective, but a horrible draw for Newport.  Star City is the best 5th seed I've seen in a long time.

CounterPunch

I'm looking forward to it! Should be a dandy

CounterPunch

A few Key Players for the Bulldogs - Season Stats:

Tye Brown QB:
137-232 2,015 yards with 16 TDs 11 int
49 rushes for 171 yards 6 TDs

Dajunn Harris RB/LB: (missed 2 full games-injury)
114 rushes for 1,040 yards 15 TDs (9.1 per carry)
20 receptions for 244 yards 1 TD
19 tackles and 1FF

Blake Wynn WR/Safety:
37 receptions for 675 yards 6 TDs
20 tackles 2 ints

LJ06

Quote from: CounterPunch on November 10, 2014, 03:58:17 pm

Tye Brown QB:

19 tackles and 1FF

Blake Wynn WR/Safety:
20 tackles 2 ints

Figured Harris would have more yards than that.  Looking at his rushing attempts I see you guys still don't give him the ball enough.  Less Brown and more Harris = a stronger SC team IMO.

CounterPunch

November 10, 2014, 04:04:50 pm #89 Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 04:06:57 pm by CounterPunch
Quote from: LJ06 on November 10, 2014, 04:00:20 pm

Tye Brown QB:

19 tackles and 1FF

Blake Wynn WR/Safety:
20 tackles 2 ints

Figured Harris would have more yards than that.  Looking at his rushing attempts I see you guys still don't give him the ball enough.  Less Brown and more Harris = a stronger SC team IMO.
I agree but the stats are a little skewed. He only played a half in all of our preseason games. All 3. Missed two full games and missed a half against Dollarway. He's been banged up this year but should be healthy Friday night. We do have to feed him 20-30 times every playoff game and we will be successful.

CatchTheGreyhound!

November 10, 2014, 04:08:16 pm #90 Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 04:11:05 pm by CatchTheGreyhound!
Quote from: LJ06 on November 10, 2014, 03:44:46 pm
This is probably the game of the week.  A very good matchup for a game perspective, but a horrible draw for Newport.  Star City is the best 5th seed I've seen in a long time.
All jokes aside,  there are a very very few bottom seeds capable of making a run at the title! Mena, Star City, Fountain Lake,  Hamburg, and Ashdown.  In that order. Star City may be a 5th seed, but you better believe Coach Harrison is taking this game serious. I would expect to see a lot of passing from the Hounds during this game, since obviously teams are preparing for our Run Attack Offense.

mossflyer

I doubt we see much passing from either team as cold as its gonna be.

LJ06

Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on November 10, 2014, 04:08:16 pm
All jokes aside,  there are a very very few bottom seeds capable of making a run at the title! Mena, Star City, Fountain Lake,  Hamburg, and Ashdown.  In that order. Star City may be a 5th seed, but you better believe Coach Harrison is taking this game serious. I would expect to see a lot of passing from the Hounds during this game, since obviously teams are preparing for our Run Attack Offense.

Mena is not a bottom seed they are a 2 seed and Ashdown did not make the playoffs.

CounterPunch

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: LJ06 on November 10, 2014, 04:18:51 pm
Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on November 10, 2014, 04:08:16 pm

Mena is not a bottom seed they are a 2 seed and Ashdown did not make the playoffs.
7-4A is tuff! Ashdown in my opinion would have easily made the playoffs if they were in the following conferences: which I won't name them...but we know  ;D

CatchTheGreyhound!

BTW LJ06,  I was under the impression that Arky was 2nd seed, since they beat Mena!

LJ06

Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on November 10, 2014, 04:40:30 pm
BTW LJ06,  I was under the impression that Arky was 2nd seed, since they beat Mena!

No lol.

1.  Nashville
2.  Mena
3.  Malvern
4.  Arkadelphia
5.  Fountain Lake

Blazer51

Tye Brown QB:

19 tackles and 1FF

Blake Wynn WR/Safety:
20 tackles 2 ints

Just an honest question, whats up with the qb`s td to int ratio? Is it mostly his fault for throwing into bad coverage, receivers not going to get the ball, or what?

FootBallar21

Quote from: LJ06 on November 10, 2014, 04:54:03 pm
Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on November 10, 2014, 04:40:30 pm

No lol.

1.  Nashville
2.  Mena
3.  Malvern
4.  Arkadelphia
5.  Fountain Lake

7-4A was a mess,  Mena beat everyone except Arkadelphia and Nashville,
Malvern beat everyone except Mena and Nashville
Arkadelphia loss to Nashville, Malvern, and Ashdown!   

whippersnapper

Hootens has Newport by 1. Simple home field advantage pick.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas