• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bulldogs vs Greyhounds

Started by whippersnapper, November 06, 2014, 11:35:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CatchTheGreyhound!

CatchTheGreyhound!

AirWarren

CounterPunch

SC ball on their 14 with1:41 left

CounterPunch

AirWarren

Living up to best 1st round game in 2014.

CounterPunch

mr.b@sc

CounterPunch

FG good!!!
Star City 41
Newport 30

1:12 4th

AirWarren

Game over. Punch that ticket catchthatgreyhound.

CatchTheGreyhound!

LizardAlum10

Na na na na
Na na na na
Hey hey hey
Goodbye
CatchTheGreyhound

mr.b@sc

Jack1990

Superjack45

What a Dog Fight pun intended and guess what a dog will win. Oh yeah a dog won,good job 8 4A.

phdefense

bigblue89

STAR CITY 41

NEWPORT 30

FINAL

Jack1990

Bulldog92

313 yards of rushing by Harris. What do y'all think about that running back!!!!  Go Dogs!!!!

Jack1990

Didn't know you could count that high 92! Lol

HeberFan

Let's see how many Star City fans can be gracious winners.

Ashy Larry

Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 14, 2014, 10:09:10 pm
313 yards of rushing by Harris. What do y'all think about that running back!!!!  Go Dogs!!!!
That's an unbelievable effort!

whippersnapper

Wow what a game is all I can say. Hats off to SC. This was a horrible match up from the start when it came to size but the hounds never quit. Both teams made plays but SC just made a few more. We threw everything we had in the book on defense but still the size and a healthy Harris was just to much in the 2nd half.

Bulldog92

Heber ease back over to your thread and enjoy your victory, cause next week won't be the same result!!

Bulldog92

Whip enjoyed meeting you!!  Very good ball game and both teams showed great respect for each other.  Turner is everything y'all said he was. Defensively though the most impressive kid y'all had was number 39, pound for pound one of the toughest kids y'all got!!

NoRetreat

whippersnapper

According to our radio he had 19 carries 123 yards 1 TD. 2 tfl and a force fumble. Also had a few catches

Bulldog92

Tough and fast. Apparently a load to bring down or at least that is what our two safeties said, LOL!!

whippersnapper

These 2 teams were almost identical in every phase of the game but the line. Not try to take anything from Harris and the night he had. Lord knows he broke a lot of tackles but the line is what won the game for the dogs late IMO. If you would've switch Turner and Harris then I'd say Turner would've had similar stats to Harris tonight.

CounterPunch

Unbelievable game. Hate to see either team lose so early in the playoffs. Newport and Star City are contenders and played like it tonight. Dajunn Harris had over 300 yards rushing! Wow

CounterPunch

Quote from: CounterPunch on November 09, 2014, 01:31:29 pm
Star City 41
Newport 28

Star City is too big up front and will shut down Turner Friday night just as we did DWay. Better find a passin game to beat Star City. Just running won't cut it.
If Newport would not have converted that last 2 point conversion, I would have nailed the score prediction!

Dirty30

Hard fought game by both teams. Size in the end was just to much for the Hounds.

CounterPunch

Did catch ever come eat his crow?

whippersnapper

http://cable15tv.com/video.php?GreyhoundFootball|24|YKQk20ZFBh0
Here is the game. I will give a recap of the hounds season in a few weeks. Coach Harrison show starts at about the 2:32 (hr:min) mark.

whippersnapper

Here are some statistics from the game. For those that weren't there will now see what CP, others and I were talking bout.
                       Newport.                   Star City
1st Downs:       18                                 18
Rush:                  9.                                  10
Pass:                  8.                                  5
Penalty:              1.                                  3

Team Offense
                  Newport.                          Star City
Plays:          58.                                       57
Rush:          246.                                    353
Pass:          163.                                    130
KOR:         5-48.                                   4-51
Punts:          3.                                          1
Fumbles:     1.                                          3
Penalties:    8-65.                                7-55

Official Individual
Bullard 14-22 163 1int, 6-32 1 TD rushing
Turner 18-117 1 TD rushing, 3-51 catching
Bell 4-19 1 TD rushing, 3-23 catching
Elston 4-31 1 TD rushing, 2-8 catching
Collier 4-47 rushing
Willis 3-39 catching
Cordell 2-39 catching
Stafford 1-3 catching

Jacketman65

Whipper, I wish more folks would do this if they could.  Really enjoyed seeing it and it looked to be one heck of a game just by the stats!  Thanks for posting this and a big +1 to you!  Glad you are still here after a tough lose!

oldballcoach

Bulldogs 26 Greyhounds 20. Star City executes on 4th quarter drive to take control of game. This will be a good high school game to go watch!

Jack1990

Uhhhh...little bit too late for that.

WPWells

Quote from: oldballcoach on November 17, 2014, 09:15:34 pm
Bulldogs 26 Greyhounds 20. Star City executes on 4th quarter drive to take control of game. This will be a good high school game to go watch!

Read more, post less

CounterPunch

well, we did win but it was 3 days ago.

bullseye

Uh,, ok then!

cuckoobird

Take it easy on him guys. Even his screen name says he's old

whippersnapper

I just wished he would've picked Newport haha then maybe I could erase from my memory seeing #4 run down the sideline.

HeberFan

Wonder if Star City has a letdown this week ?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas