• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bulldogs vs Greyhounds

Started by whippersnapper, November 06, 2014, 11:35:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whippersnapper

Well a lot thought this match up of Star City @ Newport would be as #2 and # 4 seeds. But if all goes as planned Newport can get a win tomorrow over Southside and be Conference Champs for the first time in 7 years. Now an interesting 1 vs 5 match up no one saw coming. Who do you got?

CounterPunch

Gotta be the toughest draw for a #1 seed in a very long time.

bulldoghistorian

green-eagle

whippersnapper

Dirty30

Let them cause a Greyhound will always outrun a bulldog

EagleForLife12

Star City wins this 1 pretty easily I believe

nevergiveup

It's not going to be a Cakewalk for the Bulldogs like everyone is saying. Newport defense is finally getting it together and by next week Turner, Collier, Elston, Bullard,  and Simmons should all be The healthiest they have been in a while. Newport hasn't even opened up the playbook yet. Look to see things you didn't see on film and look to expect a game plan that consist of running through Capps.

bulldoghistorian

We will play our starters. It won't be a cakewalk.

mossflyer

Newport may very well win but trying to run through Capps is not a very good plan to do it.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: green-eagle on November 06, 2014, 11:47:53 pm
Quote from: bulldoghistorian on November 06, 2014, 11:42:51 pm
No doubt! S C wins this one!

Only if they play their starters!!!
Yeah, I'll bet they'll "save" some of them for the next round.  ::)

CounterPunch

Im really excited about this game. I think it is one heck of a matchup for a 1st round game. Gonna have quarter final feel to it. Get to see my buddy Whipper again as well.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

I love picking on twinkle town but now the playoffs is here I look for all of the 8-4A teams to do well, I think SC takes the #1 seed out first round as long as all the starters play lol!! I think most of the 8-4A teams will be healthy by playoff time and should make a deep run and represent well.   

FootBallar21

I will be rooting for a close game and a Star City Victory,  which would give Mena a shot to Host 3 straight playoff games probably for the first time Ever? 

whippersnapper

bulldoghistorian

DWayAlumn2002

What a way to end a senior season. Coach throws the Crossett game to play newport and then the greyhounds kick y'all's butt!

Greyhounds 28

Pound Puppies 17.

CounterPunch

Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on November 07, 2014, 01:08:20 pm
What a way to end a senior season. Coach throws the Crossett game to play newport and then the greyhounds kick y'all's butt!

Greyhounds 28

Pound Puppies 17.
didnt throw a game but we still spanked yall anyway. See yall in the semis

zebrafan

Quote from: CounterPunch on November 07, 2014, 01:21:42 pm

Greyhounds 28

Pound Puppies 17.
didnt throw a game but we still spanked yall anyway. See yall in the semis
I love the dway/sc rivalry! Always good for some laughs.

DWayAlumn2002

So 4th seed on the line. Up 33-19 half way through the 4th to Crossett and lose 34-33 to avoid playing at Warren/Dollarway in the 2nd round. And I heard some starters didn't dress. Sounds mighty fishy to me! But anywho. Yall beat us so that a successful season in your eyes, I guess. I hope we meet somewhere again but seems like that won't happen til basketball season.

CounterPunch

Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on November 07, 2014, 01:56:03 pm
So 4th seed on the line. Up 33-19 half way through the 4th to Crossett and lose 34-33 to avoid playing at Warren/Dollarway in the 2nd round. And I heard some starters didn't dress. Sounds mighty fishy to me! But anywho. Yall beat us so that a successful season in your eyes, I guess. I hope we meet somewhere again but seems like that won't happen til basketball season.
yall might can beat us in round ball! Lol

whippersnapper

Man this is going to be a great game! Already have Friday scheduled off. Gonna be there early if any fellow posters want to meet.

CatchTheGreyhound!

Star City vs Newport? What are the odds? Ive been wishing for this all year long ;D !!  I got to be honest, when I first saw SC play the Rabbits, I was not impressed; I thought they had a lot of work to do on offense as well as defense.  However,  since then the  bulldogs have become a force in formidable force in 4A (knocking off Dollarway in other top ranked opponents) !  I'm still convince we will win, but win, loose or draw...the bull dogs have my respect!! Plus those guys can talk noise and eat crow with the best of them! ;D

SC 28
HOUNDS 35

GOOOOO GREYHOUNDS!!!!

CounterPunch

I look forward to the game. Bulldogs should be healthier and ready to go!

mossflyer

I think Newport and Star City are two pretty evenly matched teams. The only advantage I see that star city has will be on both the offensive and defensive lines with their size. If Star City can keep pounding Harris, I think they should be able to wear down the Hounds.

The other thing is Star City's defense will have to start playing better and limiting the big play.

If they do these two things, I think they can pull off the first round upset.

Bulldog92

Greyhounds 28

Pound Puppies 17.
DWay we beat y'all with three starters on the sideline, one playing with a bad knee, and didn't have Harris in the fourth quarter. Guess we tried to give that one away too, but didn't work out as well for y'all!!  Good luck in playoffs and hope we see y'all in the semi's!!!

WPWells

That was actually a pretty good post from CatchTheGreyhound

Bulldog92

Quote from: mossflyer on November 08, 2014, 07:19:38 am
I think Newport and Star City are two pretty evenly matched teams. The only advantage I see that star city has will be on both the offensive and defensive lines with their size. If Star City can keep pounding Harris, I think they should be able to wear down the Hounds.

The other thing is Star City's defense will have to start playing better and limiting the big play.

+1
The key is going to be the line on both sides of the ball. Turner is good and we are going to have to limit the number of big plays by him but also not give up the pass protection. Offensively we have got to make room for Harris, need him to have 150+ yards!!
Should be one of the best if not the best first round matchup statewide!! 

Bulldog92

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 08, 2014, 07:59:39 am
LOL!!! +100

SUGARTOWN

November 08, 2014, 08:22:42 am #29 Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 08:51:40 am by SUGARTOWN
Fans of both of these teams think they can make a deep run this year and one of them will be heartbroken and lose in the 1st round. I'm just not sure which one it will be...

Jimbo Morphis

Bulldog92

Whip I'm traveling home Friday and going to stop at Newport on my way. Where is a good place to eat??

green-eagle

Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 08, 2014, 07:58:56 am

Greyhounds 28

Pound Puppies 17.
DWay we beat y'all with three starters on the sideline, one playing with a bad knee, and didn't have Harris in the fourth quarter. Guess we tried to give that one away too, but didn't work out as well for y'all!!  Good luck in playoffs and hope we see y'all in the semi's!!!

But you LOST to Crossett!!! It a matter of what you done lately!!!

LJ06

Quote from: green-eagle on November 08, 2014, 08:43:41 am

Greyhounds 28

Pound Puppies 17.

They threw the game man.  Bunch of point shavers over there in Lincoln County.

green-eagle

Quote from: LJ06 on November 08, 2014, 09:07:48 am

Greyhounds 28

Pound Puppies 17.

Maybe... I believe that they believe that they could win and highly under estimated Crossett, must be something in the chicken...

whippersnapper

Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 08, 2014, 08:37:07 am
Whip I'm traveling home Friday and going to stop at Newport on my way. Where is a good place to eat??
I know of some good places but not addresses. Let me figure them out and will let you know!

rzrback6

Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 08, 2014, 08:37:07 am

U.S. Pizza is in my opinion the best restraunt in Newport to eat. But if you like Mexican El Puente is also very good!!!

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: mossflyer on November 08, 2014, 07:19:38 am

Obviously you haven't been keeping up with greyhound football! ^  our defense is untraditional, we unlike other teams play our best defense in the second half! Star City only opportunity IMO will be to light the score board up in the first half and hope we can't out score them in the remaining quarters

FootBallar21

Yes I also believe they threw the game,   mainly to play Mena in round 2,  vs Warren in Round 2.     

155 Miles of Travel in round 1 to Newport and if they get past Newport than, another 171 Miles of travel for round 2, will hopefully be to much for Star City!

were it should of been 128 Miles to Heber Springs for round 1, and then only 31 Miles to Warren for a round 2 game.   Though you may get a slightly easier draw that extra travel time likely makes it close to a wash! 

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 08, 2014, 08:14:54 am
LOL!!! +100
;D ^ don't get use to it ^  ;D
I'm preparing your crow dumpling as we speak!

Bulldog92

Quote from: green-eagle on November 08, 2014, 09:12:15 am
Quote from: LJ06 on November 08, 2014, 09:07:48 am

Greyhounds 28

Pound Puppies 17.

Maybe... I believe that they believe that they could win and highly under estimated Crossett, must be something in the chicken...
GOOD LORD CAN YA'LL MOVE ON AND GET READY FOR THE PLAYOFFS!!!
Dang we were beating y'all 33-14 at half with backups, because our starters are/were injured. The backup to the backup running back fumbles the ball and y'all recovered it and got a little momentum and SC lost. Instead of you and the other Crossett posters on here stirring up crap with people that were not even at the game go back and watch the film and see what actually happened. Surely to goodness as smart as you believe you are you can find game film!!  Good luck to Crossett in the playoffs!! 

Bulldog92

Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on November 08, 2014, 02:16:26 pm
Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 08, 2014, 08:14:54 am
LOL!!! +100
;D ^ don't get use to it ^  ;D
I'm preparing your crow dumpling as we speak!
HAHA!!!  Catch it ought to be a good game!!! 

CatchTheGreyhound!

Should be a battle to the end! ! One thing I can say about both teams is they don't disappoint thier fans!  Like the way you guys redeemed yourselves after back to back loses to top contenders, warren and hamburg, with an impressive win over Dway!

Here's the Newport vs Heb game!! Do you guys have footage online I would like to check it out???

Greyhound Football - Newport vs. Heber Springs: http://youtu.be/h2Lax1x0oiE

Bulldog92

Catch CP would have to tell you about on line footage, I don't know.

CounterPunch

If I let you see video footage of star city games black helicopters would be swarming your house and men in trench coats would be stalking you every minute of the day. You don't want that.

green-eagle

I watched a little of this youtube game and i will say this.... Newport and Heber are in a world of hurt if they call that speed!!!!  Star City 42 newport 13...!!

mossflyer

Speed will not be an issue in this game. This Star City team is not the speediest either.

whippersnapper

Here is the game from last night. We had 5 starters out as well.http://cable15tv.com/video.php?GreyhoundFootball|23|uWxcI2x8jIE
Coaches show is around 2:25 on the video. (Hrs:min).

CounterPunch

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 08, 2014, 04:52:02 pm
Here is the game from last night. We had 5 starters out as well.http://cable15tv.com/video.php?GreyhoundFootball|23|uWxcI2x8jIE
I see what you did there whipper! Lol

green-eagle

Quote from: CounterPunch on November 08, 2014, 05:05:36 pm
Quote from: whippersnapper on November 08, 2014, 04:52:02 pm
I see what you did there whipper! Lol

So we do have a common matchup between these two teams... Doesnt matter Star City win this one..!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas