• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Annie are you okay?

Started by Hurricane, April 10, 2008, 07:24:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AllSmiles

Quote from: Jarred on April 12, 2008, 08:04:34 pm
Quote from: AllSmiles on April 12, 2008, 08:03:20 pm
Jarred, did getting your tattoos hurt? I really want to get one, but I'm scared.
Nope, they did not. I sat there and had a conversation while he was inkin' them on.

I want one for my 20th birthday. On my back and on the top left. Like on my shoulder blade kind of. I just want my zodiac sign and my birthday. :)

Hurricane

It hurts depending on the size and location, thats it. Well, I guess having a high pain threshold helped me. It's a peice of cake really. I have a tattoo on my forearm that never gets covered up.

Rizzo

I don't have any on the shoulder blade, but I hear it stings a bit back there.

Hurricane

Quote from: AllSmiles on April 12, 2008, 08:07:58 pm
Quote from: Jarred on April 12, 2008, 08:04:34 pm
Quote from: AllSmiles on April 12, 2008, 08:03:20 pm
Jarred, did getting your tattoos hurt? I really want to get one, but I'm scared.
Nope, they did not. I sat there and had a conversation while he was inkin' them on.

I want one for my 20th birthday. On my back and on the top left. Like on my shoulder blade kind of. I just want my zodiac sign and my birthday. :)

Whatever you do, PLEASE do not get one tattooed on your back above your rear.

Rizzo

Quote from: Hey Sosa on April 12, 2008, 08:08:57 pm
It hurts depending on the size and location, thats it. Well, I guess having a high pain threshold helped me. It's a peice of cake really. I have a tattoo on my forearm that never gets covered up.
Good luck getting a good job in the business world.

And, AllSmiles, get whatever you want, don't listen to this tool.

AllSmiles

Quote from: Jarred on April 12, 2008, 08:09:23 pm
I don't have any on the shoulder blade, but I hear it stings a bit back there.

That's what people keep telling me, but I really want it there. One because I want a job when I graduate (;)) and two you can only see it if I want you to see it.

Hurricane

Quote from: Jarred on April 12, 2008, 08:10:06 pm

Which world do you live in?

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: Quite Frankly on April 12, 2008, 07:35:35 pm
Quote from: Jarred on April 12, 2008, 04:42:57 pm
Quote from: Quite Frankly on April 12, 2008, 11:24:05 am
The irony that the one most obsessed with trying being flashy and showy is the one most prone to angering the women on this board.

Sort of ironic.

It would be ironic, if I was bent on impressing you three, which, I'm not. So, no irony there.

Well we know it's import for you to impress yourself first so it follows that everyone else comes second.

Starting to think you might wear makeup too.
He did buy a Chi.... for the "girlfriend" ;D 

I'm not going to rip anybody about tatoos.  I personally don't have one, nor would I get one.  I'm a wuss about stuff like that.   But, I think it's a personal issue to get them.   My niece  came home with one on her back a couple months ago.  Yes, the family frowned upon her,  but soon got over it.  It's her body.  And the word she had put on her meant something to all of us in the family. And, it's coverable.    Hopefully she's got it out of her system now. 

Rizzo

Quote from: Hey Sosa on April 12, 2008, 08:11:13 pm

The real one.

Hurricane

Quote from: Jarred on April 12, 2008, 08:13:02 pm

The real one.

The one where having a tattoo stops me from being employed?

Rizzo

Quote from: Hey Sosa on April 12, 2008, 08:14:23 pm

The real one.

No, you'll be able to pull down a job at just about any fast food restaurant, buss tables, things of that nature, that is, if they aren't too fast paced for you.

AllSmiles

Quote from: Hey Sosa on April 12, 2008, 08:14:23 pm

The real one.

I don't think it would stop you, but it might hinder you. :)

Hurricane

If you believe someone is going to say "no" to a well qualified employee because of a tattoo you seriously need to take more risks.

AllSmiles

Quote from: Hey Sosa on April 12, 2008, 08:19:01 pm
If you believe someone is going to say "no" to a well qualified employee because of a tattoo you seriously need to take more risks.

I'd just rather be safe.

Hurricane

Quote from: AllSmiles on April 12, 2008, 08:20:25 pm

I'd just rather be safe.

Yea, think of a tattoo that you want but be sure to consider the fact that others might not like it.

Rizzo

That's the thing. Everybody and their mother has a bachelors/masters in something these days. The chances of you being the only qualified applicant is about a close to zero as it gets. What'd you think they're going to take, a guy with a large tattoo on his forearm, or the clean cut guy?

Rizzo

Quote from: Hey Sosa on April 12, 2008, 08:22:31 pm
Quote from: AllSmiles on April 12, 2008, 08:20:25 pm

I'd just rather be safe.

Yea, think of a tattoo that you want but be sure to consider the fact that others might not like it.
Doesn't matter what others thing, unless you're broadcasting it to the world that is. Then it becomes a matter of public opinion.

Hurricane

If I lost a battle for a job over my tattoo I would own that company.

RD™

Quote from: Hey Sosa on April 12, 2008, 08:24:13 pm
No you wouldn't. Professional appearance is everything.

Rizzo

Like they're going to tell you it was your tattoo anyways??? They'll tell you the position was filled by a more qualified person, and that's all you'll ever hear. So, you wouldn't "own" anything.

Hurricane

They can tell it to the judge.

Rizzo

Quote from: Hey Sosa on April 12, 2008, 08:43:15 pm
That would be a case that would be tossed as quickly as it was filed.

Drama Mama ™

Would you hire these people ?

Hurricane

You really think so? I don't. You can make up an excuse but if the truth is my tattoo then in the end the truth will prevail. I would simply ask them for evidence that I am not as qualified as the other person. What would they do then? I would simply say "Look, this tattoo on my arm was the only differentiating factor in their decision." And the judge isn't stupid, he knows too. I say I walk out of there a winner. I wouldn't even take it that far because I plan on joining the military after I get clean.

I once asked the Army recruiter when I was 17, "What can you guarantee?" And he gave me a huge list. I asked a Marine recruiter the same thing he said "Nothing."

Rizzo

Only if they were the only people in the WORLD that could do the job I needed done...or, if I owned a trash service, or something of that sort.

Rizzo

Quote from: Hey Sosa on April 12, 2008, 08:49:10 pm
You really think so? I don't. You can make up an excuse but if the truth is my tattoo then in the end the truth will prevail. I would simply ask them for evidence that I am not as qualified as the other person. What would they do then? I would simply say "Look, this tattoo on my arm was the only differentiating factor in their decision." And the judge isn't stupid, he knows too. I say I walk out of there a winner. I wouldn't even take it that far because I plan on joining the military after I get clean.

I once asked the Army recruiter when I was 17, "What can you guarantee?" And he gave me a huge list. I asked a Marine recruiter the same thing he said "Nothing."
That's the thing, you'd never have physical evidence that you weren't picked because of your tattoo. Even if they other guy has the exact same qualifications as you. They can say he looks more professional, and that's perfectly fine, because you both had the same exact qualifications.

Hurricane

Isn't that discrimination?

RD™

J just stop...it will hurt your head.

Rizzo

Quote from: Hey Sosa on April 12, 2008, 08:52:38 pm
Isn't that discrimination?
What made you deserve the job more than him? You had the same exact qualifications. He just fits the mold of the job better, appearance wise.

Maybe you should join the real world one of these days, and see how things really work.

Hurricane

If he was picked because he looked better that is full blown discrimination.

Rizzo

Quote from: Hey Sosa on April 12, 2008, 08:57:38 pm
If he was picked because he looked better that is full blown discrimination.
See, what you ,don't grasp, is that you would have to have physical proof that is the reason they picked him, which, you never will. They say, they were both exactly the same on paper, we had a better feeling about this guy. That's it, it's over.

Hurricane

forget it dude, move on to a different thread this is stupid

Respect

Rizzo

Good choice, leave the argument that you have -12% chance of winning.

Hope you enjoy living in LaLa Land.

AllSmiles

My head hurts. I try to make sense of it, I really do.

Anywho, the Marine video was hilarious. If I can take getting the tattoo on my back, I want to get a small star on that space just below my stomach and right above my thigh, on the right side.

Rizzo

Quote from: AllSmiles on April 12, 2008, 09:22:33 pm

Anywho, the Marine video was hilarious. If I can take getting the tattoo on my back, I want to get a small star on that space just below my stomach and right above my thigh, on the right side.
I love tattoos on the hips...Something about them, they're just plain sexy.

AllSmiles

Quote from: Jarred on April 12, 2008, 09:27:35 pm

:)

Rizzo

Quote from: AllSmiles on April 12, 2008, 09:29:04 pm

lol. The lady's got two, though you can't see them when she has normal attire on.

AllSmiles

Quote from: Jarred on April 12, 2008, 09:31:58 pm

lol. The lady's got two, though you can't see them when she has normal attire on.

See that's what I want! I want them, but I'm going to make sure that they can't be seen. The thing is, my ears aren't even pierced. I don't like too much pain either. I really want it though!

Rizzo

Quote from: AllSmiles on April 12, 2008, 09:33:27 pm

See that's what I want! I want them, but I'm going to make sure that they can't be seen. The thing is, my ears aren't even pierced. I don't like too much pain either. I really want it though!
She said they didn't hurt too bad at all.

AllSmiles

Quote from: Jarred on April 12, 2008, 09:35:47 pm
Quote from: AllSmiles on April 12, 2008, 09:33:27 pm

She said they didn't hurt too bad at all.

I'm going to do it though. I just have to psych myself up a little more.

Rizzo

You just gotta get in "the zone." Block out the pain.

Quite Frankly

Hall of Fame.

But alas, many other factors would contribute to your failure to become head dishwasher.

Quite Frankly

No doubt your future and past holds many meetings with judges.

Rizzo

Quote from: Quite Frankly on April 12, 2008, 10:48:38 pm

No doubt your future and past holds many meetings with judges.
Quality post.

Hurricane

I plan on joining the Military once I help my sister get on her feet. Don't know which branch, but it won't be the Navy.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: Hey Sosa on April 12, 2008, 10:52:24 pm
I plan on joining the Military once I help my sister get on her feet. Don't know which branch, but it won't be the Navy.

Speaking for many Americans, please try this branch.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/

Rizzo

Future resident of Fort Leavenworth.

RD™

You'll never cut it in the military. If you even think about joining I will find you.

Rizzo

Quote from: Rebel Dog™ on April 12, 2008, 11:08:58 pm
You'll never cut it in the military. If you even think about joining I will find you.
RD, he offered to meet me, though, he knows I'm in another time zone, I wonder if he'd extend the same offer to you?

RD™

Quote from: Jarred on April 12, 2008, 11:13:22 pm
Quote from: Rebel Dog™ on April 12, 2008, 11:08:58 pm
RD, he offered to meet me, though, he knows I'm in another time zone, I wonder if he'd extend the same offer to you?
I'm in the same state..I'll meet him at the Alma sonic.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas