• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best producer in Hip Hop...

Started by tRuTh..44..., February 16, 2008, 06:20:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tRuTh..44...

Who do u think is the best producer EVER in Hip Hop...?

-Painted Fan-

Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.
Back in the day, this dynamic duo was part of the 80's group The Time ("Jungle Love", "The Bird"); one of my favorite's. 
Jimmy and Terry are probably best known for producing Janet Jackson, but here's a list of others they've also worked with:
Jordan Knight, SOS Band, Michael Jackson, Boyz II Men, the Human League, Usher, Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, Alexander O'Neal, New Edition, Ralph Tresvant, Johnny Gill, Luther Vandross, Chaka Khan, and Jessica Simpson, among others.
Terry was married to singer Karyn White, and had a daughter.
Jimmy is Chairman of the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences.
On 12/19/07 on the Cedric Muhammad & the Black Coffee Program, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis were proclaimed "the greatest producers of all time", beating out the likes of Quincy Jones, Dr. Dre, Teddy Riley, DJ Premier, Kanye West, Babyface, Gamble & Huff, Timbaland, and Phil Spector.  Here's the link: http://www.blackcoffeechannel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=409&Itemid=37

Juice-Man

The Reality is back...

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on February 16, 2008, 07:46:19 pm
Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.
Back in the day, this dynamic duo was part of the 80's group The Time ("Jungle Love", "The Bird"); one of my favorite's. 
Jimmy and Terry are probably best known for producing Janet Jackson, but here's a list of others they've also worked with:
Jordan Knight, SOS Band, Michael Jackson, Boyz II Men, the Human League, Usher, Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, Alexander O'Neal, New Edition, Ralph Tresvant, Johnny Gill, Luther Vandross, Chaka Khan, and Jessica Simpson, among others.
Terry was married to singer Karyn White, and had a daughter.
Jimmy is Chairman of the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences.
On 12/19/07 on the Cedric Muhammad & the Black Coffee Program, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis were proclaimed "the greatest producers of all time", beating out the likes of Quincy Jones, Dr. Dre, Teddy Riley, DJ Premier, Kanye West, Babyface, Gamble & Huff, Timbaland, and Phil Spector.  Here's the link: http://www.blackcoffeechannel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=409&Itemid=37

You mean the guys from that Prince movie? So gay, flippin 80's style.

DON'T YOU EVER SAY A NEGATIVE WORD ABOUT MORRIS AND THE TIME AGAIN OR ME AND LUNCHBOX WILL SQUASH YOU LIKE A BUG, GET IT?

-Painted Fan-

Quote from: Stupidity Vampire AKA Ignorance Ingestor on February 17, 2008, 01:46:32 pm<br />
Quote from: -Painted Fan- on February 16, 2008, 07:46:19 pm<br />Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.<br />Back in the day, this dynamic duo was part of the 80's group The Time ("Jungle Love", "The Bird"); one of my favorite's.  <br />Jimmy and Terry are probably best known for producing Janet Jackson, but here's a list of others they've also worked with:<br />Jordan Knight, SOS Band, Michael Jackson, Boyz II Men, the Human League, Usher, Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, Alexander O'Neal, New Edition, Ralph Tresvant, Johnny Gill, Luther Vandross, Chaka Khan, and Jessica Simpson, among others.<br />Terry was married to singer Karyn White, and had a daughter.<br />Jimmy is Chairman of the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences.<br />On 12/19/07 on the Cedric Muhammad & the Black Coffee Program, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis were proclaimed "the greatest producers of all time", beating out the likes of Quincy Jones, Dr. Dre, Teddy Riley, DJ Premier, Kanye West, Babyface, Gamble & Huff, Timbaland, and Phil Spector.  Here's the link: <a href="http://www.blackcoffeechannel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=409&Itemid=37"; class="bbc_link new_win" target="_blank">http://www.blackcoffeechannel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=409&Itemid=37</a>; <br />
<br /><br />You mean the guys from that Prince movie? So gay, flippin 80's style. <br /><br />DON'T YOU EVER SAY A NEGATIVE WORD ABOUT MORRIS AND THE TIME AGAIN OR ME AND LUNCHBOX WILL SQUASH YOU LIKE A BUG, GET IT?<br />
* See post on "Best Song Ever" thread.  Just sad.

The Reality is back...

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on February 17, 2008, 05:57:05 pm
Quote from: Stupidity Vampire AKA Ignorance Ingestor on February 17, 2008, 01:46:32 pm<br />
Quote from: -Painted Fan- on February 16, 2008, 07:46:19 pm<br />Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.<br />Back in the day, this dynamic duo was part of the 80's group The Time ("Jungle Love", "The Bird"); one of my favorite's.  <br />Jimmy and Terry are probably best known for producing Janet Jackson, but here's a list of others they've also worked with:<br />Jordan Knight, SOS Band, Michael Jackson, Boyz II Men, the Human League, Usher, Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, Alexander O'Neal, New Edition, Ralph Tresvant, Johnny Gill, Luther Vandross, Chaka Khan, and Jessica Simpson, among others.<br />Terry was married to singer Karyn White, and had a daughter.<br />Jimmy is Chairman of the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences.<br />On 12/19/07 on the Cedric Muhammad & the Black Coffee Program, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis were proclaimed "the greatest producers of all time", beating out the likes of Quincy Jones, Dr. Dre, Teddy Riley, DJ Premier, Kanye West, Babyface, Gamble & Huff, Timbaland, and Phil Spector.  Here's the link: <a href="http://www.blackcoffeechannel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=409&Itemid=37"; class="bbc_link new_win" target="_blank">http://www.blackcoffeechannel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=409&Itemid=37</a>; <br />
<br /><br />You mean the guys from that Prince movie? So gay, flippin 80's style. <br /><br />DON'T YOU EVER SAY A NEGATIVE WORD ABOUT MORRIS AND THE TIME AGAIN OR ME AND LUNCHBOX WILL SQUASH YOU LIKE A BUG, GET IT?<br />
* See post on "Best Song Ever" thread.  Just sad.

I don't know what you're sad about, I just quoted Kevin Smith.

tRuTh..44...

Kanye is nice but..Dre got 'em beat..Kanye hasn't been along quite enuff for me yet..wat y'all think about Just Blaze? Swizz Beatz?...

Romeo

9th wonder is one of the best producers many people dont know about.

Juice-Man

Best overall will always be Dr. Dre.  He has a versatile rhythm to each of his beats.  Honorable mentions... J Prince, Scott Storch, Timbaland, Cool & Dre, and Suge Knight.

Rizzo

tRuTh..44...

Quote from: Romeo on February 19, 2008, 06:57:38 pm
9th wonder is one of the best producers many people dont know about.

Yea..I kinda forgot about him..but my vote goes to Dre Day too...

Hurricane

Chosen 1

Nobody even touches what Dr Dre did for hip hop

Romeo

Suge Knight was a producer ???  I don't think he was. Dr Dre, Warren G, and Daz Dillinger were the architects of the death row music era. He was mainly executive producer of all albums, which meant he oversaw the project, but never produced any music.

Juice-Man

February 29, 2008, 02:03:42 am #16 Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 02:08:02 am by Juice Man
Quote from: Romeo on February 28, 2008, 11:08:41 pm
Suge Knight was a producer ???  I don't think he was. Dr Dre, Warren G, and Daz Dillinger were the architects of the death row music era. He was mainly executive producer of all albums, which meant he oversaw the project, but never produced any music.
I meant to say Eazy E but for some reason had Suge Knight on my mind.  Anyways, Suge did produce a few records for Death Row.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas