• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hip Hop

Started by Juice-Man, February 02, 2008, 08:35:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Reality is back...

Quote from: Hurricane on February 11, 2008, 12:50:30 pm
Quote from: Stupidity Vampire AKA Ignorance Ingestor on February 11, 2008, 12:44:18 pm
Quote from: Hurricane on February 11, 2008, 10:53:03 am
Quote from: Romeo on February 11, 2008, 08:50:28 am
There is a reason why no Arkansas rappers have blown up into the mainstream. Its not because they live in Arkansas, but they ALL rap the same way, with the same content. There's more to say in lyrics than just "ridin on 22's". There is some good talent in the state such as Arkansas Bo, Big drew, and lil rok.

It's more about looks and personality :D

lol, then explain Mike Jones AKA Ugliest Dude on TV.

He had a few good songs....

I haven't heard one. lol.

Hurricane

tRuTh..44...

Quote from: Romeo on February 11, 2008, 01:00:10 am
Quote from: Juice Man on February 10, 2008, 09:53:44 pm<br />
Quote from: Bill Bethea on February 10, 2008, 07:45:14 pm<br />Jay's deal is that he has put out so much work. He might have one good song out of every five on an album. <br /><br />I think his classics (Big Pimpin, Encore, Money Ain't a Thing) are great.<br /><br />However, MANY other artists put out more solid records where a larger percentage of the songs are good songs.<br />
<br />Very true.  But my problem with Jay-Z is that he claims to be from the Marcy projects and never talks about anything real.  His lyrics are garbage.  Nas killed him in "Ether" and Jay didn't have the b@lls or enough lyrical adversity to challenge him.  Jay-Z has never really been underground either.  Always mainstream bullcrap with mediocre producing and less than mediocre lyrics.<br />

I don't think you ever listened to a jay-z album. otherwise, you would never list encore, big pimpin, and money aint a thang as classics, (two of those songs were collaborated by down south artists). Coming from the east coast, I know for a fact that hova is an underground legend in the streets of new york. As similar to artists from the south, east coast rappers start out in the underground before they make a scene. As far as Jay-z being lyrically garbage, chances are your favorite rappers, favorite rapper is Jay-Z. Just as truth 44 pointed out, he's lyrical enough to point out that most southern rap fans don't generally listen to the content, but just skim through it. Please listen to reasonable doubt, hova's first album, then try to make that same account. Jay-Z also murdered nas in "takeover" and superugly".

Thank u..bout time sumbody understand where I'm comin' from..big ups to u homeboy...

Juice-Man

Quote from: tRuTh..44... on February 10, 2008, 11:24:47 pm
Man..u can't say that about Hov..first off..he does talk about reel stuff..maybe u don't listen close enuff.."Do u listen to the music or just skim through it?"(Jay quote)..and if his lyrics was so garbage..then y has he sold all these albums? We talkin' bout da same dude that did the Blueprint in a week or so and got 5 mic's from The Source and it hit number one..I ain't gon lie..I'ma keep it reel wit yall..Hov slacked on Kingdom Come..the flow waz there but the songs wasn't..and American Gangster waz about the same..but yall talkin' like Hov ain't help change da face of hip hop..and who cares if Nas killed him on Ether? I bet Jay had the better career..not anything against Nas cuz I like Nas..I'm jus sayin'...
This is a post that is the epitome of Jay-Z fans.  They front when backed into a corner with truth.  And I have listened to Jay-Z albums.  Nobody from the south can relate to his whack weak nursery rhymes.  New York blew Jay-Z up, not the country.  The rest of the country are just robots doing as they are told. 

P.S. You really should listen to more Chamillionaire.  Jay-Z bites a lot of his one-liners... (example: "I'm your favorite rapper's favorite rapper"...  Color Changin Click's "Homer Pimpson" album)

tRuTh..44...

Quote from: Juice Man on February 11, 2008, 08:00:59 pm
Man..u can't say that about Hov..first off..he does talk about reel stuff..maybe u don't listen close enuff.."Do u listen to the music or just skim through it?"(Jay quote)..and if his lyrics was so garbage..then y has he sold all these albums? We talkin' bout da same dude that did the Blueprint in a week or so and got 5 mic's from The Source and it hit number one..I ain't gon lie..I'ma keep it reel wit yall..Hov slacked on Kingdom Come..the flow waz there but the songs wasn't..and American Gangster waz about the same..but yall talkin' like Hov ain't help change da face of hip hop..and who cares if Nas killed him on Ether? I bet Jay had the better career..not anything against Nas cuz I like Nas..I'm jus sayin'...
This is a post that is the epitome of Jay-Z fans.  They front when backed into a corner with truth.  And I have listened to Jay-Z albums.  Nobody from the south can relate to his whack weak nursery rhymes.  New York blew Jay-Z up, not the country.  The rest of the country are just robots doing as they are told. 

P.S. You really should listen to more Chamillionaire.  Jay-Z bites a lot of his one-liners... (example: "I'm your favorite rapper's favorite rapper"...  Color Changin Click's "Homer Pimpson" album)

lol..watever man..I'm thru havin' this conversation..I'm jus sayin' that Jay has put it down..u can't hate..and his is one of the best dat did it AND he is one of the  most consistant..he's been around for a WHILE..unlike all of your favorite "rappers" today..that's all i'm sayin'..and everybody bites rhymes from other people..but I give u your props..u never give up..du u reely not like Jay-Z that much?

Romeo

Quote from: Juice Man on February 11, 2008, 08:00:59 pm<br />
Quote from: tRuTh..44... on February 10, 2008, 11:24:47 pm<br /><i><span style="font-family: georgia;" class="bbc_font"><span style="color: blue;" class="bbc_color">Man..u can't say that about Hov..first off..he does talk about reel stuff..maybe u don't listen close enuff.."Do u listen to the music or just skim through it?"(Jay quote)..and if his lyrics was so garbage..then y has he sold all these albums? We talkin' bout da same dude that did the Blueprint in a week or so and got 5 mic's from The Source and it hit number one..I ain't gon lie..I'ma keep it reel wit yall..Hov slacked on Kingdom Come..the flow waz there but the songs wasn't..and American Gangster waz about the same..but yall talkin' like Hov ain't help change da face of hip hop..and who cares if Nas killed him on Ether? I bet Jay had the better career..not anything against Nas cuz I like Nas..I'm jus sayin'...</span></span></i><br />
<br />This is a post that is the epitome of Jay-Z fans.  They front when backed into a corner with truth.  And I have listened to Jay-Z albums.  Nobody from the south can relate to his whack weak nursery rhymes.  New York blew Jay-Z up, not the country.  The rest of the country are just robots doing as they are told.  <br /><br />P.S. You really should listen to more Chamillionaire.  Jay-Z bites a lot of his one-liners... (example: "I'm your favorite rapper's favorite rapper"...  Color Changin Click's "Homer Pimpson" album)<br />

No one from the east coast can relate to the weak, whack, syrupy, nursery ryhmes of: mike jones, lil flip, lil boosie, hurricane chris, david banner, silkk the shocker, gucci mane, rich boy, soulja boy, dj unk, young joc, young jeezy(yeaahhhhh...garbage), crime mobb, the franchise boys, and T.I.,(his lyrical flow after im serious and trap musik). Like I said before, you never have fully listened to a jay-z album but just skimmed through it. You'll never convince me that "dead presidents", "D'evils", "cant knock the hustle" and "can I live" are not lyrical classics.

Hurricane

Yall wanna floss wit' us?

tRuTh..44...

Quote from: Romeo on February 12, 2008, 07:42:43 am
Quote from: Juice Man on February 11, 2008, 08:00:59 pm<br />
Quote from: tRuTh..44... on February 10, 2008, 11:24:47 pm<br /><i><span style="font-family: georgia;" class="bbc_font"><span style="color: blue;" class="bbc_color">Man..u can't say that about Hov..first off..he does talk about reel stuff..maybe u don't listen close enuff.."Do u listen to the music or just skim through it?"(Jay quote)..and if his lyrics was so garbage..then y has he sold all these albums? We talkin' bout da same dude that did the Blueprint in a week or so and got 5 mic's from The Source and it hit number one..I ain't gon lie..I'ma keep it reel wit yall..Hov slacked on Kingdom Come..the flow waz there but the songs wasn't..and American Gangster waz about the same..but yall talkin' like Hov ain't help change da face of hip hop..and who cares if Nas killed him on Ether? I bet Jay had the better career..not anything against Nas cuz I like Nas..I'm jus sayin'...</span></span></i><br />
<br />This is a post that is the epitome of Jay-Z fans.  They front when backed into a corner with truth.  And I have listened to Jay-Z albums.  Nobody from the south can relate to his whack weak nursery rhymes.  New York blew Jay-Z up, not the country.  The rest of the country are just robots doing as they are told.  <br /><br />P.S. You really should listen to more Chamillionaire.  Jay-Z bites a lot of his one-liners... (example: "I'm your favorite rapper's favorite rapper"...  Color Changin Click's "Homer Pimpson" album)<br />

No one from the east coast can relate to the weak, whack, syrupy, nursery ryhmes of: mike jones, lil flip, lil boosie, hurricane chris, david banner, silkk the shocker, gucci mane, rich boy, soulja boy, dj unk, young joc, young jeezy(yeaahhhhh...garbage), crime mobb, the franchise boys, and T.I.,(his lyrical flow after im serious and trap musik). Like I said before, you never have fully listened to a jay-z album but just skimmed through it. You'll never convince me that "dead presidents", "D'evils", "cant knock the hustle" and "can I live" are not lyrical classics.

Dead Presidents is one of my favorite of all time...

Marionpats07™

I never liked Jay Z, at all.

mattp_68

Juice-Man

Quote from: Romeo on February 12, 2008, 07:42:43 am
I agree with you all the way up until Lil Boosie, T.I., and Hurricane.  Just because YOU can't understand their slang or accent does not mean they're not spitting fire.  And I could name two people (from the south) that will shut this whole thing down about being around a long time, number of classics, and lyrical wit.... Bun B and Pimp C.

hunterbballfanatic14

The lyrics that Nas raps in the song "Quick to back down" are pretty badazz

tRuTh..44...

Quote from: hunterbballfanatic14 on February 16, 2008, 03:11:43 pm
The lyrics that Nas raps in the song "Quick to back down" are pretty badazz

He killed "Black Republicans" too..him AND Hov...

Lou Diamonds

New York blew Jay-Z up, not the country.  The rest of the country are just robots doing as they are told. 

I think you finally got it here, there are over 26 million people in the New York Metroplex, an successful underground album in the the New York area is serious business. Think about what Three six did for years in the Memphis Area and think of the effect they would have had if the area was as populated as NYC. I'm not a Jay-Z fan but I repect his talents, the guy can go in a studio and never write down a lyric but listen to a beat and flow, his words are gold or should I say platnuim! Hov is a serious businessman while Nas is a complete lyrical pioneer and wordsmith who's lyrics form a movement of thought that informs and motivates. While Hov is for the club and he represents a lifestlye of Entrepreneurship that young men need to take note of. 50 cent is not a great lyrical artist but his hustle game is on another level now, along with Birdman!!! Entrepreneur are what these young gentlemen are, you have to look for good lyrics and meaningful rap elsewhere cause it's all about the money now!

Hurricane

Quote from: Tony Starks on April 24, 2008, 08:20:15 am
New York blew Jay-Z up, not the country.  The rest of the country are just robots doing as they are told. 

I think you finally got it here, there are over 26 million people in the New York Metroplex, an successful underground album in the the New York area is serious business. Think about what Three six did for years in the Memphis Area and think of the effect they would have had if the area was as populated as NYC. I'm not a Jay-Z fan but I repect his talents, the guy can go in a studio and never write down a lyric but listen to a beat and flow, his words are gold or should I say platnuim! Hov is a serious businessman while Nas is a complete lyrical pioneer and wordsmith who's lyrics form a movement of thought that informs and motivates. While Hov is for the club and he represents a lifestlye of Entrepreneurship that young men need to take note of. 50 cent is not a great lyrical artist but his hustle game is on another level now, along with Birdman!!! Entrepreneur are what these young gentlemen are, you have to look for good lyrics and meaningful rap elsewhere cause it's all about the money now!

Whos lyrics do what? I know people that can frestyle without stopping. Jay Z and Nas are candy coated. 28 million people in NYC and you use the word underground. There is a guy I know from Hope named "Cody heck", that is underground. Even 50 is mainstream, that ain't hustle. Honestly Jay Z got rich off of teenagers then got rich off of everything from jeans to the NBA. That's not respectable. Jay Z is a fraud and 50 is the closest thing to "real" that the "kids" have.

Lou Diamonds

April 24, 2008, 10:49:52 am #65 Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 11:26:32 am by Tony Starks
You have no ideal do you! Hov came up in one of the worst public housing projects in the Yo. Hov is well respected in the Yo, 50 cents is the one that gets little respect in the NYC because first of all he stole a street legends name and the natives that knew the real 50 don't like that. 50 is from Roosevelt in Queens and it's hardcore there but it's nothing like Brooklyn ,Marcy, Doe or Die Bedsty, Queensbridge or Uptown. Hov was underground in New York just like everyone else selling mix tapes before he signed a major record deal because he was selling so many underground albums he got the attention of the labels. When you sell underground albums that's when you get the major deal, it doesn't matter how good you can rap! Now what artist doesn't want to go mainstream and sell more records, it's every artist goal or should be. Hov makes Platnuim Records off freestyles, that alone speaks for itself. So the guy from Hope needs to get busy and start hustling harder cause right now he is nobody!!! "Cody Heck" please change your name, that's not marketable!!!

Hurricane

It's Cody heck. H, e, double L. He has a track called "A place called Hope".

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas