• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your early days of Fearless.

Started by V-Town_Eagle_24, January 14, 2006, 03:09:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Legend on September 11, 2015, 02:32:36 pm
kids now days would flip if they was grounded to dial up internet

No joke haha...28.8k.... my phone pings at 50mb at full service lol

sevenof400

Quote from: HF on September 11, 2015, 03:09:54 pm

There's a memory.....it wasn't that long ago I used to dial in to message boards with a 28.8 modem.  In some ways, I kind of miss those days...

I also remember the buzz that 56K modems generated when they first hit the market....blazing fast speeds!

How time flies..

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 11, 2015, 05:23:17 pm
Quote from: HF on September 11, 2015, 03:09:54 pm

There's a memory.....it wasn't that long ago I used to dial in to message boards with a 28.8 modem.  In some ways, I kind of miss those days...

I also remember the buzz that 56K modems generated when they first hit the market....blazing fast speeds!

How time flies..

It was a good night when you connected at 40k lol

Legend

I wonder if we could all get our post count pro rated for the dial up speed to where it be now if had been high speed all along

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Legend on September 14, 2015, 06:25:25 am
I wonder if we could all get our post count pro rated for the dial up speed to where it be now if had been high speed all along

LOL your adjusted post count would break Fearless Friday.

AirWarren

Quote from: Legend on September 11, 2015, 02:25:54 pm
Back when it took 30 min to download one song on Napster

Aka. The good ole days.

Yahoo messenger was the stuff too.

Legend

Lions84

I remember living in Burleson Texas just outside of Fort Worth when I joined FF and I could post go to the Rest room and get a drink before it popped up to read the next post.

AirWarren

Legend

there was no uploading profile pics. you had to put the pic on a scanner and paste it or grab a fake one off of yahoo lol

Lions84

Quote from: Legend on September 14, 2015, 01:26:23 pm
there was no uploading profile pics. you had to put the pic on a scanner and paste it or grab a fake one off of yahoo lol

Got mine off Yahoo.  And when they upgraded dial up to 54K we thought we had died and went to heaven.  My work place got moved up to T-4 now.

Legend

Just think if MTV Catfish had their show in the late 90's early 200's lol. They could have a new episode every day

Lions84

Have no idea what your talking about.

Legend

Catfish is a show where these people meet online and have a relationship and one of them isnt who they have said they were the whole time. Very interesting

Lions84

Quote from: Legend on September 16, 2015, 12:15:19 pm
Catfish is a show where these people meet online and have a relationship and one of them isnt who they have said they were the whole time. Very interesting

Shameful. Relationships is one thing Honesty reigns supreme.

Legend

Lions84

Glad I still remember the good old days with pop ups and those Wynne  boys raising cane.

Legend

Legend

Valleysports

Lions84

LOL when I was a young man it was go meet them at Church , Community events , School or at a National Guard Armory Dance..

Quote from: Valleysports on September 23, 2015, 04:41:52 pm
You know it  ;D

Legend

PrivateLesson

They would flip out without their smartphones, for a little bit anyways.   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 24, 2015, 06:09:40 pm
They would flip out without their smartphones, for a little bit anyways.   

I'm 26...and only recently upgraded to a smart phone. Only reason I did it, is because even after the stupid finance edge thing that verizon does, it lowered my bill 15 bucks a month....

Lions84

Kids today would die with push button phones and brick cell phones with Dail UP to boot.  We are thought we were living the Via Loca.

Legend

Lions84

AirWarren

HorseFeathers

Legend

Remember when the only ringtone people had was the car horn. That was so annoying when you were trying to eat and someones car phone went off over and over!

AirWarren

Quote from: HF on September 30, 2015, 10:27:16 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on September 30, 2015, 09:34:24 pm

My first phone.

They got a facebook app for that :D

I'm uncertain what you mean?? Haha

Had 150 minutes a month. No texting(obviously), huge antenna, bulky, but some dang good signal. You be in BFE and still talk if you needed to.

I think I was in 8th grade when I got that phone. When it was in my pocket, I always got the adolescent joke..."hey is that a phone in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" Ha.

Legend

Those Star tac phones smaller flip phones had the best reception.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Legend on October 01, 2015, 09:53:15 am
Those Star tac phones smaller flip phones had the best reception.
I still have mine, but it's not connected anymore

Legend

Trivia? What year did texting start?

cuckoobird

Lions84

I didn't get texting till the early 2000's  I also remember how fast FF was on Dail up after Midnight.

My first cell was a Motorola Dual Tone Stick Phone that I still have. It still will make calls in the darkest corners of Eastern Arkansas.

Legend

It was 2003 when I started texing with Alltel. FF was really slow back in the day!

Lions84

Quote from: Legend on October 08, 2015, 11:10:28 am
It was 2003 when I started texing with Alltel. FF was really slow back in the day!

Yep slow at home and fast at work.

Legend

The world wouldn't know how to exist if they locked down the speeds to dial up for one day. You would think it was the Apocalypse!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Legend on October 08, 2015, 01:27:47 pm
The world wouldn't know how to exist if they locked down the speeds to dial up for one day. You would think it was the Apocalypse!

Wouldn't have near the spam on fearlessfriday...

Legend

nor people like hillbillyforlife aka purplecrush91

Lions84

Some folks don't believe that we used to be able to write a post submit it and then go get a drink and hit the head before it popped back up on the screen.

Lions84

It was always great to get up Sat morning and check the state wide HS Football scores with out having to go and by the Gazette or the Democrat from the News stand.

Lions84

Dec 1st 2016 and I been on the FF for 12 plus years.

Mike Bonds

Quote from: SardisHog on June 21, 2012, 07:42:17 pm
Mike is still around.  I have lunch with every month or two.

I'm definitely still kicking. I think I'll start posting more instead of just lurking. Even thought about getting up to my old hijinks with picks and polls.

Lions84

Glad to see you back around Mike.

Mike Bonds

Hard to believe it's been 18 years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas