• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A State Championship Bulletin Board Material

Started by Slim Shady, May 17, 2018, 09:02:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim Shady

beach bum

I seriously don't see what the big deal is.... What were they supposed to say? That they were coming to the state final for runner up and didn't care of they won or not?

Slim Shady

"Fluke"
Show some class.  They got beat fair and square.  I was there and the better team won. 

OrangeCrush.

May 18, 2018, 07:11:48 am #3 Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 07:22:21 am by OrangeCrush.
Most teams would say "yeah we got beat last year, but we want revenge" not "yeah it was a fluke and we know we were better". But I think it's funny because it's typical Shiloh. Setting the standard for arrogance for decades.

For some contrast, here's Nashville's news coverage.

http://www.arklatexhomepage.com/sports/scrappers-prep-for-rematch-in-state-title-game/1183754778

OrangeCrush.

Nashville 1
Shiloh 0
Mid 5th

Freshman Ty Gordon delivers with a RBI double

OrangeCrush.

Nashville 1-0
After 5

Shiloh has a runner thrown out at the plate after a throw gets away. 3rd or 4th runner out on the bases for Shiloh.

OrangeCrush.

Brown reaches his pitch count limit. Which I'm sure is a fluke. Clark comes in. Nashville 1st and 2nd. No outs. Top 6

OrangeCrush.

OrangeCrush.

Nashville 4
Shiloh 0
End 6th

Another lost base runner for Shiloh. Nashville playing sharp defense.

OrangeCrush.

OrangeCrush.

Bulldog92

Man Shilo's varsity team must have had the flu this year, that's the only way possible that the ole Scrappers could have pulled off another state title victory over them,😉!!! 

beach bum

Quote from: Bulldog92 on May 19, 2018, 07:03:11 pm
Man Shilo's varsity team must have had the flu this year, that's the only way possible that the ole Scrappers could have pulled off another state title victory over them,😉!!!

In all fairness Shiloh blew that game early. They literally gift wrapped mistakes to the Scrappers or it would have 3-0 or 4-0 before Nashville ever scores.

Bulldog92

Sounds like they let the big game get to them and the coach couldn't get them ready to deal with it!!  Admit it smack talking bit them in the butt!!

beach bum

The Shiloh coach was probably not thinking straight today cause he was getting dizzy and lighted headed from wearing a jacket when the temperatures were in the 80's..... I think he thought he was early March.

OrangeCrush.

I failed to mention the MVP was Tyler Hanson. Pitched a shutout and got the win in the championship game in back to back years.

Slim Shady

The best TEAM won today.  Heck of a pitching performance by Hanson.  Shiloh looked like juniors in college compared to Nashville's boys.  However, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.  Both teams were extremely talented and well coached.  Great season for a team that lost seven starters from last year.  Hated to see a loser in this game as both teams played their guts out.  I think they both have a lot of respect for each other after this game.

fredcage

Quote from Moe Henry in today's Arkansas Democrat-Gazette referring to the runners picked off/thrown out "Out of the three, I thought one of them was probably legit and that was a base-running mistake on our part."  Throughout the state tournament games in Nashville Moe Henry challenged every call.  My impression of Shiloh was that they felt "entitled" to the benefit of the doubt.  What really happened was that Nashville players were willing to make the throw and take their chances.  Shiloh made enough unforced errors to cost them the game without leaning on the umps.  Nashville was mentally tougher.

OrangeCrush.

May 20, 2018, 12:57:50 pm #21 Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 10:21:18 am by OrangeCrush.
Last year a fluke, this year cheated by the umps.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas