• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baptist Prep vs. Westside

Started by ArkansasSportsFan, March 03, 2018, 09:11:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Livewire

They probably should. He is extremely talented.

CoachBobbyT

March 10, 2018, 08:45:26 pm #51 Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 08:51:09 pm by CoachBobbyT
Arkansas Basketball Rankings had him 11th overall regardless of year or classification before the season.  Many would argue he has only improved his standing.  My point was there is no longer a debate between McBride and Felts, and that McBride should be considered among the best in the state.

https://arkansasbasketballrankings.com/fab-40-boys-athletes/

MDXPHD

Quote from: CoachBobbyT on March 10, 2018, 08:45:26 pm
Arkansas Basketball Rankings had him 11th overall regardless of year or classification before the season.  Many would argue he has only improved his standing.  My point was there is not longer a debate between McBride and Felts, and that McBride should be considered among the best in the state.

https://arkansasbasketballrankings.com/fab-40-boys-athletes/

I would put him top 10 probably, so I don't disagree that he's one of the best in the state. But I don't think you can put him number one overall is all I was saying. Others have improved as well.

Again, great player and has had tremendous success at Baptist. He deserves to be recognized

2fe

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 10, 2018, 07:29:43 pm
No doubt he's a fantastic player. But I wouldn't put him top 5 individual in the state this year.

There's no way to know who the top 5 are for sure, but he's in the discussion.

Neckred

McBride was best player in the tournament no doubt

beach bum

Quote from: jmc21 on March 03, 2018, 10:16:55 pm
Have you seen Westside play? They won't be drug into a low scoring game. They will shoot and then run to shoot some more.

So was I right or was I right  ;D

LRRandy

Quote from: beach bum on March 11, 2018, 10:27:09 pm
So was I right or was I right  ;D
you were right! Held a previously high scoring team to a low shooting percentage. Of course when I point it out I'm bashing HS kids and being a tool.

beach bum

Quote from: LRRandy on March 12, 2018, 06:51:56 am
you were right! Held a previously high scoring team to a low shooting percentage. Of course when I point it out I'm bashing HS kids and being a tool.

Anytime I see posters getting overly offended like they were towards you my 6th sense comes up and makes me think they either have a kid playing on a team currently or a close friend or relative is a coach of a certain team. I personally would not get on this site  in that scenario cause I would get too emotionally involved too like I see some do. I am not saying its a bad thing for them. Just human nature for them to act that way if they are emotionally involved that much in a particular team.

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: beach bum on March 12, 2018, 11:08:52 am
Anytime I see posters getting overly offended like they were towards you my 6th sense comes up and makes me think they either have a kid playing on a team currently or a close friend or relative is a coach of a certain team. I personally would not get on this site  in that scenario cause I would get too emotionally involved too like I see some do. I am not saying its a bad thing for them. Just human nature for them to act that way if they are emotionally involved that much in a particular team.

I have no family affiliation with anyone on any teams but I do think that he comes off as extremely arrogant, so obviously it's going to rub some people the wrong way.

87DAWG

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 10, 2018, 07:29:43 pm
So if teams are winning, then they have to have the top player in the state? Good logic. No doubt he's a fantastic player. But I wouldn't put him top 5 individual in the state this year.
Doesn't matter if McBride is in the top 5 or not! He's a competitor and he refuses to let his team lose! You cannot measure that! 3 Hot Springs visits and 3 wins! In the 2017 finals, it was McBride that hit the shots and the ft's down the stretch to get them the trophy! Kid's a winner! And is a D1 player period! His game can play on that level! Very skilled.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: Bbal789 on March 07, 2018, 04:20:00 pm
Riverview was almost in that same situation and they just got better and Baptist worse?
Hmmmmm???

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas